[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

Guest hanihash

I agree with you. I don't know much about the laws either, but in a drug case, you should look at the amount of drug as well. And as soon as it's related to drug, you will be arrested right away.

Regarding the scene, I think HDG can ask for the man's supervisor because talk's content doesn't relate to her case, the man only trying to insult HDG in a personal matter. If he's done, she has the right to go to another room, not sitting there listening what they chat about her.

Thanks both joicy and andrewyujin. That makes a lot of sense. I learnt something from this discussion. Great huh! We live and learn! :)

Guest andrewujin

hanihash, its nice to have a discussion like this :) .. keeps the thread alive...

by the way, can anyone help translate the track 6 Air city OST song.. i keep hearing n hearing it and i think we may get some hint about the show through the lyrics

here's the korean lyrics taken from air city's imbc site

너무나도 편해졌나봐

우리 너무 친해졌나봐

나의 품에 안겨 눈물 흘려도

나를 친구로만 생각하는 너에게

작은 비밀이 있어

나를 여자로 안 보는지

내가 너무 편해졌는지

너의 어깨에 눈물 닦을 때

나를 친구로만 생각하는 너에게

작은 비밀이 있어

하루만 단 하루만 너의 친구 아닌

너의 남자로 만났으면

사실 우정 같은 건

내겐 관심 없어 Just for one day

사랑보다 깊은 우정이 남아

감출 수밖에 없는 내 사랑은

너의 친구라는 이름으로 맴돌다 지쳐

너를 놓아줄까 봐 두려워

너의 옆에 앉을 때마다

네 곁에만 붙어 있다며

친구들의 의심하던 눈빛도

첨엔 낯설었지만

솔직히 나에겐 작은 기쁨이었어

너의 곁에 앉을 때마다

너무 둘이 어울린다며

친구들의 장난스런 눈빛도

사실 불안했지만

나에겐 작은 바람이었어

하루만 (하루만) 단 하루만 (단 하루만)

너의 친구 아닌 너의 여자로 만났으면

사실 우정 같은 건 내겐 관심 없어

Just for one day

사랑보다 깊은 우정이 남아

감출 수밖에 없는 내 사랑은

너의 친구라는 이름으로 맴돌다 지쳐

너를 놓아줄까봐 두려워

연인 아닌 친구 사이로 남을까봐

맘에 없는 말들만 했지

하루만 내게 빌려줘

너의 맘까지 모두다

All I want is just to be with you

사랑보다 깊은 우정이 남아

하루라도 사랑할 수 없다면

너의 친구라는 이름으로 맴돌다 지쳐

함께 할 순 있겠지만

평생 너를 속일 수밖에 없어

너를 잃게 될까봐 두려워

Guest josephinep

Hi joicy,

Di I read you correctly ? Is the KJS' boss really his father ? I was suspecting or rather guessing it.....ie. just ship all his stuff back from Cairo and when the boss is on the phone at home, he seems very secretive and so on. So how the way he treats KJS gives me that impression.

Do not lose heart but continue with this series....just enjoy the 3 Js like someone mentioned. The cast has great chemistry.

:D

KJS's boss name is Mr cheung(Chang) while KJS(Mr Kim) so not His father

Guest jtranla

Thank you, Joicy for the clarification...am envious of you knowing how to read Viet sub. Wished I learned how to read Viet or Chinese when I was young.

Thank you everyone for sharing your viewpoint...it makes me enjoy the show more and see things from another point of view.

As for KJS's boss...good to know it is not his dad, because he does not look like KJS at all, too short. And has anyone notice that KJS's boss might be bossy, macho and tough at work, but at home, his wife is the boss.

Guest joicy

When I watched eps. 7 I was really interested in talk betwwen HDK and the prosecutor. So here it is:

P: How long have you known Kim JungMin?

DK: He was my classmate in Singapore

P: I asked since when you have known him!!

DK: since I was in high school

P: Really? That's what we investigated as well. .. Have you contacted him recently?

DK: No. This is the first time we met after graduation.

P: Look at this picture! (KJM held her tight). Do you feel it's only classmate relationship as you said?

DK: Since it's a long time.. I didn't guess we could meet.

P: Let's make this assumption.. He was from an abroad drug dealing org. which wanted to expand business in Korea. Is it safer to arrange a meeting with someone working in the airport.. who is manager of transportation, not an ordinary staff...

(DK look up, but did not say anything. She just look angry)

P: Ms. HDK.. You were having a very good prospect in Singapore. why suddenly you transfered to Incheon? So what's the reason in the end?

DK: I ... was invited to come back.

P: your salary is only 1/3 of the previous, how could you accept to come here? You must have had other reason. What's that?

DK: It's just being invited. Prosecutor, do you work only because of the money?

P: I AM ASKING you. Answer my question quickly!!

DK: the reason I moved to Incheon is for Korea. Although I've been abroad, I have been very interested in Korean domestic economy.

P: Even now could you think of patriotic words? I can't imagine you are quite that intelligent... I just found your sister is look like you very much..

DK: Ji Kyung .. has come here already?

From my point this conversation really shows HDK's calmness and straightforward attitude. About the question of HDK"s lawyer, I do believe from one scene, the airport staff mentioned about airport's lawyer. Just maybe it's still not time for him to show up.

Thank you, Joicy for the clarification...am envious of you knowing how to read Viet sub. Wished I learned how to read Viet or Chinese when I was young.

Jtranla, I was in VN even after college graduation. It's normal :-) And I am envious of your English. It's quite a long time I didn't write in English and I found my writing awful.

Let's cheer up and fighting our AC.

Guest soonjap

Hi,

I just watched epi 07 with Vietsub (translated from Chinese sub), and found out something I was doubtful before. Want to share it here:

1. Kang Ha Jun seemed to take a leave, not just disappear from the airport. After HDK was arrested, people in the airport tried but could not contact him. One staff said "so he really took a leave".

2. Without the sub, we wonder why HDK and KHJ could find Kim Jung Min very easily, but the HK cops and NIS could not (they are incompetent, hah?). But based on the talk inside the hotel between KHJ and KJS, arresting KJM is so easy (KHJ said even he could find KJM, why NIS not). The goal of NIS and HK cops is to arrest Wang Wi (??) (the man fainted on the plane in epi 01) and track their relation with gangs in Korea (they are about to do drug business together). It took them more than a month just to watch him.

As soon as KHJ found out the truth, he was furious coz KJS's target is not to arrest Kim Jung Min and save HDK ASAP

3. Why the agents pick up KJS in HK: the NIS guy and girl don't know KJS went to HK. As soon as he arrived he called the man he knows (the group leader in HK) and this man went to pick him up. At that time the girl knew about KJS going to HK but lied to KJS's father that she didn't see him (you can see her using hand covering her eyes while talking in the car- it's so cute !!). The group leader in HK said he was leading activities here and he didn't know that KJS was suspended, so KJS could join them that night.

Hope this may cool down the discussion about the flaws of epi 7 and 8. I do believe when we have e-sub of epi 8 we may clarify some of our doubts as well.

This is the first time I join the forum and its discussion and I am so happy to find out that there are so many "crazy fan" like me, watch AC without any sub, then with Chinese sub, then with English or VNese sub (I am VNese). Each epi. I watched about 3 times, and I gradually found out it's not just as unreasonable as I thought before. Yeah, though I still found some other minor flaw (like KHJ was beaten badly on both sides of his mouth when the cops found him, but he came out later with only right hand side bleeding a little bit at the hotel) I still enjoy watching the film. And I found out one more thing: the more I read the discussion, the more flaws I found, the less concentrated I become to storyline, and the less enjoyable I watch it. I am not sure looking at details in every discussion will be good or bad to me. :rolleyes: I mean I am not sure the flaw itself or the attitude watching the drama made me distracted.

Maybe I will watch AC again from epi 5-8 to get back my eager that I used to have.

Being from Korea, it is NOT that easy nor immediate for a supervisor to submit request for leave as Ha Joon did and expect approval. Generally, if it's given, it's generally for a day or two at the most. If they want to receive longer vacation days, the request has to be submitted much earlier. The process is not unlike for many of us who work here in the U.S. Ha Joon is a supervisor of his department in a major airport. His request to leave was not a family emergency so it doesn't stand to reason that his "supervisor" would let him off that easily, although he could have lied, I suppose. But my problem with him was that his character's position within the airport and his actions were inconsistent.

Also, the "innocent until found guilty" is basically an American legal tradition. In many countries, Korea included, a criminal is guilty until proven innocent. This is why the detectives and investigators were so hard on DK even for such a small amount of narcotics. The insinuation was that she was also a part of a larger network of drug dealers and so for me, it made little sense for her to remain so quiet when this was such a big deal.

I know that because Korean dramas are being filmed concurrently while airing that there are apt to be little mistakes here and there due to reshot scenes and the like, but being Korean and Korean-speaking, I find I'm a little more critical when the storylines don't make sense. Maybe it's the Korean in me that has high expectations of these dramas, particularly when they're big-budget (the most expensive series to air to date) and powered by big stars.

I'm glad you're like the series as they are. I hope you continue to like it even with all the nonsensical aspects to it, but for ME, those aspects distract ME from truly enjoying this series, and not what people write about. I mean, I wouldn't write about them if I didn't have any problems with the series. And feel freely to completely disregard any posts you don't like or disagree with. I know I do the same thing. But I must contend that people also should have the right to post their opinions even if it's not in agreement to anyone else's. As long as the posts are done in a professional way, I think it very possible and valuable to have discussions like this in a public arena.

I spoke to my cousin in Seoul, who works for an audio engineering company and MBC received tons of complaints from viewers who also found the inconsistent storylines problematic, which is why the writers have been told to review the scripts for future episodes from the big MBC honchos and the director. I hope the writer for "All In" has more of an influence than the one who wrote "Model". The storyline for "All In" was fantastic! Great action yet sweet love scenes...it was a pleasure to watch it. But having watched "Model" (lots of flash but no substance), I realize now who wrote which episodes. I just hope they can get it together.

Here are the translated lyrics to this song. No taking this out of this thread at Soompi without permission except for Ay_Link. No to anyone else. EDIT: Sorry I had to do an edit on this song with a mistake I made and that andrewujin pointed out. The edits are in blue.

너무나도 편해졌나봐

I must have become too relaxed

우리 너무 친해졌나봐

We must have become too close

나의 품에 안겨 눈물 흘려도

나를 친구로만 생각하는 너에게

작은 비밀이 있어

Although my tears fall when you’re in my arms

But you only think of me as a friend

I have a little secret

나를 여자로 안 보는지

내가 너무 편해졌는지

너의 어깨에 눈물 닦을 때

나를 친구로만 생각하는 너에게

작은 비밀이 있어

Whether I’ve become too comfortable

Whether you don't see me as a woman

When I wipe away the tears on your shoulders

That you only think of me as a friend

I have a little secret

하루만 단 하루만 너의 친구 아닌

너의 남자로 만났으면

사실 우정 같은 건

내겐 관심 없어

Just for one day

One day, just for one day

If I met you as a man and not a friend

I have no interest

In feelings of friendship

사랑보다 깊은 우정이 남아

감출 수밖에 없는 내 사랑은

너의 친구라는 이름으로 맴돌다 지쳐

너를 놓아줄까 봐 두려워

The feelings of friendship remains that’s deeper than love

My love that I can do no other but to hide it

I get weary running in circles from just being your friend

I’m afraid that I’ll let you go

너의 옆에 앉을 때마다

네 곁에만 붙어 있다며

친구들의 의심하던 눈빛도

첨엔 낯설었지만

솔직히 나에겐 작은 기쁨이었어

Every time I sat beside you [or when]

Even the suspicious looks other friends gave me

That I was too attached to you

It was new at first but

Honestly, it gave me a little happiness

너의 곁에 앉을 때마다

너무 둘이 어울린다며

친구들의 장난스런 눈빛도

사실 불안했지만

나에겐 작은 바람이었어

Whenever I sat beside you

It was my little desire

When friends gave us those playful looks

That we looked good together

And although it made me nervous

To me, it was my little desire

하루만 (하루만) 단 하루만 (단 하루만)

너의 친구 아닌 너의 여자로 만났으면

사실 우정 같은 건 내겐 관심 없어

Just for one day

One day, just for one day

If I met you as a woman and not a friend

I have no interest

In feelings of friendship

사랑보다 깊은 우정이 남아

감출 수밖에 없는 내 사랑은

너의 친구라는 이름으로 맴돌다 지쳐

너를 놓아줄까봐 두려워

My love that I can do no other but to hide it

I’m afraid that I’ll let you go

연인 아닌 친구 사이로 남을까봐

맘에 없는 말들만 했지

하루만 내게 빌려줘

너의 맘까지 모두다

I said what I didn’t feel

That we’d remain friends and not lovers

Let me borrow just for one day

Everything, including your heart

All I want is just to be with you

사랑보다 깊은 우정이 남아

하루라도 사랑할 수 없다면

너의 친구라는 이름으로 맴돌다 지쳐

함께 할 순 있겠지만

평생 너를 속일 수밖에 없어

너를 잃게 될까봐 두려워

If I can’t love just for one day

I guess we could do it together

But there’s nothing I can do but to deceive you for a lifetime

I’m afraid that I’ll come to lose you

Guest hanihash

Also, the "innocent until found guilty" is basically an American legal tradition. In many countries, Korea included, a criminal is guilty until proven innocent. This is why the detectives and investigators were so hard on DK even for such a small amount of narcotics. The insinuation was that she was also a part of a larger network of drug dealers and so for me, it made little sense for her to remain so quiet when this was such a big deal.

I know that because Korean dramas are being filmed concurrently while airing that there are apt to be little mistakes here and there due to reshot scenes and the like, but being Korean and Korean-speaking, I find I'm a little more critical when the storylines don't make sense. Maybe it's the Korean in me that has high expectations of these dramas, particularly when they're big-budget (the most expensive series to air to date) and powered by big stars.

-----------

I spoke to my cousin in Seoul, who works for an audio engineering company and MBC received tons of complaints from viewers who also found the inconsistent storylines problematic, which is why the writers have been told to review the scripts for future episodes from the big MBC honchos and the director. I hope the writer for "All In" has more of an influence than the one who wrote "Model". The storyline for "All In" was fantastic! Great action yet sweet love scenes...it was a pleasure to watch it. But having watched "Model" (lots of flash but no substance), I realize now who wrote which episodes. I just hope they can get it together.

I promised myself I won't peek in the thread at work today but I'm glad I did. This is great soonjap. I really hope they clean up their act. Thanks!

Guest andrewujin

thanks so much soonjap for the translation. :) ..oh by the way, the second bridge :

하루만 (하루만) 단 하루만 (단 하루만)

너의 친구 아닌 너의 여자로 만났으면

^ this part is the girl sing so i think should be "meet you as a woman"... instead of "meet you as a man"

thanks so much.. hmm.. now going to decode the message :lol:

Guest joicy

Soonjap,

I totally agree with you about rules regarding leave. I used to work for a Japanese company -besides sick leave which need to inform only, vacation leaves or personal leave need to be informed several weeks before. However there is always emergency leave :-) Anyway, the purpose of my previous post is just let someone who interest know that KHJ may have asked for a leave before he went to HK.

Regarding other parts, myself found unrealistic aspects too, but I do believe after there's subtitle, we understand more about the series and the flaws may not be so much as we thought. I have not the luck to understand EXACTLY what they talk in Korean like you (a little envious :-) so I have to hope myself.

Look forwards to more of your interesting posts in this topic.

PS> I like All in too, esp. the great chemistry that I believe not many K-dramas may luckily have.

Guest apple red

As for KJS's boss...good to know it is not his dad, because he does not look like KJS at all, too short. And has anyone notice that KJS's boss might be bossy, macho and tough at work, but at home, his wife is the boss.

hahaha..yes, quite true.

He always yelled by wive to receive the phone outside :lol: .

Anyway, thanks a lot for some perspective on this drama. Especially about the LAW apply on Korea.

Hi winterlove! I was just reading your post at the office (this AirCity fever has got me so bad) and just as I was going to fire a salvo in defence of my beloved Jiwoo my Boss peered from above my computer monitor and asked me loudly (his usual pitch when speaking) about a report I'm supposed to be working on. Gave me such a fright I nearly jumped, out of my skin this time. He must have seen me peering into the monitor with such intense concentration and thought I must be working very hard. :sweatingbullets: I had to wait till I got home to post this response.

In case you hadn't noticed from joicy's very aptly put explanation, (take a bow joicy B) my dear) winterlove, the debate is not about Jiwoo's acting ability but the directors inconsistency with her character in the drama. We were given the impression from the start that she is a headstrong, tough talking, real capable superwoman who is very dedicated to her job that she does'nt let her personal life get all tangled with her professional life.

The image of HDK (okay, I follow the majority about this HDK or HDG thing) from Episode 1 - 6 just doesn't jive with what they are serving up to us in Episode 7. They made her too compliant, too submissive and, if she was male, I would have said like she lost her balls. :huh: That's not what I would expect. Remember in Episode 1 she was checking on how they handled a situation where she pretended to be the fiancee of the man who faked his heart attack. How the staff, especially HKJ, would handle it. I really liked that cool headed attitude. I don't think she should be kicking and screaming but she should be observant about everything they did during her arrest and questioning, because she knows that she is innocent.

There is such a thing called due process in law. I'm not a lawyer but if I was arrested when I know I'm innocent, I'd want legal advice. She should have questioned those disrespectful (downright rude if you ask me) officers on their procedures and their right to treat her like so much garbage. Under the law, you are innocent until proven guilty, unless we are referring to place where soonjap referred to earlier. I am not belittling Jiwoo, just questioning the writers and director. She has to go by what they tell her but the director and writers have got to make it believable, like soonjap insists. I know I sometimes say things tongue-in-cheek but that's just cos I want to defuse the tension a little.

Come on guys! They really are attempting to break new ground with this drama. Maybe they could use a little help with the details. I'd want to overlook those bloopers too but if they border on the ridiculous, it affects the credibility of the drama, no matter how great the cast. That's when I gotta say something. I love my K-dramas but I am not okay if they do slipshod research and are sloppy, as one Singaporean said earlier! :rolleyes: What more when you work in a dicey place like an international airport, you can't be flouting international law. If you want to write a story that is mind blowing, don't write it assuming I must be living in another planet and won't know the difference.

If my guess is correct, they want to try and make her image softer and prepare her for a situation when she finally admits she does need a man in her life. They want us to see that butt-kicking boss-lady melt and show us she is human after all. I want to see Jiwoo's classic feminine softness and adorable sweetness but the way they are doing it is grating on my nerves. They'd better resolve this in Episode 9 cos my boss is going to be kicking my butt if he catches me staring at this forum so much ;):wacko:

Hello hanihash, I am back after finishing episode 8. Episode 8 was much better than episode 7because I love the fighting scenes, but only if you don't think too much about the storyline because some parts will seem too ridiculous. I feel like laughing out when I was watching the fighting scenes in episode 8 because the writers seem to want to make the story interesting but it really "bomb" out the whole drama because there are so many points that seems so unrealistic.

Now that you have pointed out, I think it could be the directors inconsistency with Choi ji woo character rather her acting ability that is making me doubt her acting ability for the first time. But I guess with so many complaints to the MBC broadcasting, the writer and director will tend to review the later episode more carefully so that it won't go too far fetched.

Guest msau99

Gosh!!! Like hanihash, I told myself to MIA until next mon to come back with some spoilers. But but, what to do??? I saw GREAT stuff in the chinese forums I frequent and I was like, 'OMO, i must share with soompiers!!!!!'.

And coming here, I found goodies again!!! Thanks soonjap for the trans!!!!! Nothing beats the trans from a true Korean!

ok ok, soompiers, take a deep breath....here's what i found in chinese forum:

SPOILER ahead!

NISI20070614_0004605532_web.jpg

They are saying this kiss scene may be at the end of ep10, so we will be left with a cliffhanger till the next weekend!

credits: http://www.kdocn.com/bbs/thread-228113-240-1.html

Those who understand chinese, do visit the above forum, lots and lots of news and updates......oh no, I can't be in soompi now....I must go back to translating flowers! LOL

Guest hanihash

Gosh!!! Like hanihash, I told myself to MIA until next mon to come back with some spoilers. But but, what to do??? I saw GREAT stuff in the chinese forums I frequent and I was like, 'OMO, i must share with soompiers!!!!!'.

And coming here, I found goodies again!!! Thanks soonjap for the trans!!!!! Nothing beats the trans from a true Korean!

ok ok, soompiers, take a deep breath....here's what i found in chinese forum:

SPOILER ahead!

They are saying this kiss scene may be at the end of ep10, so we will be left with a cliffhanger till the next weekend!

credits: http://www.kdocn.com/bbs/thread-228113-240-1.html

Those who understand chinese, do visit the above forum, lots and lots of news and updates......oh no, I can't be in soompi now....I must go back to translating flowers! LOL

Love you msau99 chingu for sharing! You give me good reason to stay tuned.

Even though I am not Korean, these k-dramas make me love them. In a multicultural society like Malaysia, we learn to accept everyone's differences, whether we agree with them or not. Now I am extending this "love thy neighbour" attitude to my new found circle of friends who are k-drama addicts one way or another. That's whats keeping us together and feeding each other's addiction. The diversity of opinions in this thread alone goes to show the far reaching influence of k-dramas. Like soonjap has affirmed, they just have to aim for higher standards cos its a global audience now. The common factor among us is that we really do care! Cheers guys.

Guest apple red

oh gosh, now i really can't wait for sat to come. :D the PD sure knows how to draw a crowd. :P looking forward to AC now.

u guys shd read the chinese forums.. hehe. some of the comments are quite funny & cute. :P

can you give us the link to chinese forum ?

I cant read Chinese, but i am curious since this link seems one step ahead :lol:

*edit*

i think msau99 had post it above..

thanks

Guest gracew

josephinep and others, thanks for clearing up the relationship between KJS' boss and himself.

msau99, thanks so much for the pic and also the link to the Chinese forum . The pic is getting us all so very excited !

I can't read Chinese too but just went there....240+ pages...just browse through to see pictures posted there also good enough. Wow, very active forum indeed there.

I wonder where these forumers are from.....mainly Taiwan or China ? AC is a 'HOT' topic internationally.

:rolleyes:

Archived