[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

Watched episode 7, nothing much except for the fighting scenes with Lee Jin Wook and the gangsters, Lee Jin Wook look really cool then. Currently watching episode 8, feeling a little bored now, hope the next few episodes will be a little more exciting or else I am starting to lose interest in this drama and I really hope there will be more romance btw Kim Ji Sung and Han Do Kyung. Somehow I feel that Choi Ji Woo expression and acting in episode 7 was terrible and unnatural, goosh I still think Choi Ji Woo is more suited for her pitiful and sad character, anyway I do hope her acting of the character of Han Do Kyung can improve.

Guest joicy

Hi,

I just watched epi 07 with Vietsub (translated from Chinese sub), and found out something I was doubtful before. Want to share it here:

1. Kang Ha Jun seemed to take a leave, not just disappear from the airport. After HDK was arrested, people in the airport tried but could not contact him. One staff said "so he really took a leave".

2. Without the sub, we wonder why HDK and KHJ could find Kim Jung Min very easily, but the HK cops and NIS could not (they are incompetent, hah?). But based on the talk inside the hotel between KHJ and KJS, arresting KJM is so easy (KHJ said even he could find KJM, why NIS not). The goal of NIS and HK cops is to arrest Wang Wi (??) (the man fainted on the plane in epi 01) and track their relation with gangs in Korea (they are about to do drug business together). It took them more than a month just to watch him.

As soon as KHJ found out the truth, he was furious coz KJS's target is not to arrest Kim Jung Min and save HDK ASAP

3. Why the agents pick up KJS in HK: the NIS guy and girl don't know KJS went to HK. As soon as he arrived he called the man he knows (the group leader in HK) and this man went to pick him up. At that time the girl knew about KJS going to HK but lied to KJS's father that she didn't see him (you can see her using hand covering her eyes while talking in the car- it's so cute !!). The group leader in HK said he was leading activities here and he didn't know that KJS was suspended, so KJS could join them that night.

Hope this may cool down the discussion about the flaws of epi 7 and 8. I do believe when we have e-sub of epi 8 we may clarify some of our doubts as well.

This is the first time I join the forum and its discussion and I am so happy to find out that there are so many "crazy fan" like me, watch AC without any sub, then with Chinese sub, then with English or VNese sub (I am VNese). Each epi. I watched about 3 times, and I gradually found out it's not just as unreasonable as I thought before. Yeah, though I still found some other minor flaw (like KHJ was beaten badly on both sides of his mouth when the cops found him, but he came out later with only right hand side bleeding a little bit at the hotel) I still enjoy watching the film. And I found out one more thing: the more I read the discussion, the more flaws I found, the less concentrated I become to storyline, and the less enjoyable I watch it. I am not sure looking at details in every discussion will be good or bad to me. :rolleyes: I mean I am not sure the flaw itself or the attitude watching the drama made me distracted.

Maybe I will watch AC again from epi 5-8 to get back my eager that I used to have.

Guest joicy

HI there,

From my point of view, CJW's acting is fine. Some people complained about her reaction when being arrested. She should have contacted her sister, or asked for help from KJS or airport's staff. She also should have been kicking, or shouting in the jail (or doing something like that) because she should be a strong woman.

I don't think that a strong and understanding woman should do such things. I mean I would understand if that's KHJ, but not HDK. HDK well understood her situation, even when being insulted, she remained very calm (this is JUST what I expect from her character) and kept asking to see his supervisor. The only moment she was a little hopeless was in jail, but who knows if it's added because she was worried for KJS also (the head of prosecutor told KJS- it's your bad day, man).

About her situation, she should know best that the person who can clear her case should be Kim Jung Min (who she thought was in Beijing, not in Korea) and it took a while to find him. She also know that drug trafficking is a very serious crime (as in the film, she should be arrested within 48 hours) and even KJS could do nothing about it. Shouting or kicking could save her? No. Even me, I would not do anything, just think and think, how can I get out of this situation, and what the others who want to protect me are doing. I am sure that she doesn't even want to ask his sister for help, she surely hopes KJS can do something out there for her. Remember in epi 8 she wanted to talk to KHJ and asked him to go to Korea with her, leaving things to KJS (he should be the best to deal with those gangster people?)

About her sister: after seeing HDK she had a talk with KHJ in the car. She asked him if it's the truth that the business card and tel number Kim Jung Min gave her sister were all fake (so they could do nothing to help HDK but just wait).

That's what I think, and I hope not only me here think that way. I do enjoy reading what you feel after each scene, it's like chatting after a movie- I may share some of same thing but not all of those. I do hope to see the diversified thoughts so the fans will not feel hurt

Guest ripgal

Omigod mookie!!!! I nearly jumped out of my seat in front of the computer at the office when I scrolled down this page and saw your screencaps. Good thing my breakfast didn't fall on the floor! Oh thank you so much for making my day. Hhhhmmmmmm.....maybe I should use 'em as wallpaper. Oh be still my heart!!! The sight of this hunkalicious Korean man is going to put me on cloud 9 all day! My undying gratitude mookie chingu!

Same here mookie dear! Count me in! HAHHA..I'm such a shallow viewer..:blush:

Btw, I'm finally back from my Soompi AC hiatus. I'll catch up from Ep 7 and Ep 8 and comment later. =)

Guest joicy

Hey LJJ's fan out there: do you think the way he walks and looks in this drama is really cute? I mean it's a bit childlike :-) esp when he walked away being angry (two times after talking with HDK). And one more thing I forgot, at the beginning of epi 07, the first thing he asked HDK "now until the prosecutor comes, you should tell me everything about Kim Jung Min. Is he your boyfriend?". Jealousy do you agree with me? But HDK didn't answer him, just talk to KHJ about what to say to airport's leader (she is always more mature).

And after he was suspended and got into the quarrel with his dad, his dad asked him "do you have anything personal with HDK? You also investigate on your own to revenge for .... (his dead friend). Why did you always go into such things?". I thought, wow, even his daddy saw his feeling for HDK. And he didn't even talk back, only walk away..

Hey LJJ's fan out there: do you think the way he walks and looks in this drama is really cute? I mean it's a bit childlike :-) esp when he walked away being angry (two times after talking with HDK). And one more thing I forgot, at the beginning of epi 07, the first thing he asked HDK "now until the prosecutor comes, you should tell me everything about Kim Jung Min. Is he your boyfriend?". Jealousy do you agree with me? But HDK didn't answer him, just talk to KHJ about what to say to airport's leader (she is always more mature).

And after he was suspended and got into the quarrel with his dad, his dad asked him "do you have anything personal with HDK? You also investigate on your own to revenge for .... (his dead friend). Why did you always go into such things?". I thought, wow, even his daddy saw his feeling for HDK. And he didn't even talk back, only walk away..

Dad??? the NIS boss at the airport is KJS's dad?????

Guest joicy

Dad??? the NIS boss at the airport is KJS's dad?????

Well, I am not so sure but in two VNese forums that I join, I checked both sub-titles and in all conversation between KJS and the boss, KJS called "daddy" and talked in the pronoun that he was boss's son.

Well, I am not so sure but in two VNese forums that I join, I checked both sub-titles and in all conversation between KJS and the boss, KJS called "daddy" and talked in the pronoun that he was boss's son.

Hi Joicy

Where do you find this series with vietsub? as I can only find sub until eps. 4 from film4vn.

thanks a lot

Guest joicy

Hi Joicy

Where do you find this series with vietsub? as I can only find sub until eps. 4 from film4vn.

thanks a lot

Try www.krfilm.net they have vietsub until eps. 7 coz they translated from Chinese sub. I believe www.iuphimhan.com has vietsub until eps. 05, they translated from Eng sub.

Guest andrewujin

THAT GUY is NOT his dad.,, its his superior in NIS agency...... there isn't even a bit of hint in the show that he is KJS's father.. respecting his superior he has to say it in a honorific form and the man can talk to KJS in casual terms since he's KJS's superior.. but nothing at all implies that he is KJS's father.

Guest gracew

At that time the girl knew about KJS going to HK but lied to KJS's father that she didn't see him (you can see her using hand covering her eyes while talking in the car- it's so cute !!). The group leader in HK said he was leading activities here and he didn't know that KJS was suspended, so KJS could join them that night.

Hi joicy,

Di I read you correctly ? Is the KJS' boss really his father ? I was suspecting or rather guessing it.....ie. just ship all his stuff back from Cairo and when the boss is on the phone at home, he seems very secretive and so on. So how the way he treats KJS gives me that impression.

Do not lose heart but continue with this series....just enjoy the 3 Js like someone mentioned. The cast has great chemistry.

:D

Guest hanihash

Watched episode 7, nothing much except for the fighting scenes with Lee Jin Wook and the gangsters, Lee Jin Wook look really cool then. Currently watching episode 8, feeling a little bored now, hope the next few episodes will be a little more exciting or else I am starting to lose interest in this drama and I really hope there will be more romance btw Kim Ji Sung and Han Do Kyung. Somehow I feel that Choi Ji Woo expression and acting in episode 7 was terrible and unnatural, goosh I still think Choi Ji Woo is more suited for her pitiful and sad character, anyway I do hope her acting of the character of Han Do Kyung can improve.

Hi winterlove! I was just reading your post at the office (this AirCity fever has got me so bad) and just as I was going to fire a salvo in defence of my beloved Jiwoo my Boss peered from above my computer monitor and asked me loudly (his usual pitch when speaking) about a report I'm supposed to be working on. Gave me such a fright I nearly jumped, out of my skin this time. He must have seen me peering into the monitor with such intense concentration and thought I must be working very hard. :sweatingbullets: I had to wait till I got home to post this response.

In case you hadn't noticed from joicy's very aptly put explanation, (take a bow joicy B) my dear) winterlove, the debate is not about Jiwoo's acting ability but the directors inconsistency with her character in the drama. We were given the impression from the start that she is a headstrong, tough talking, real capable superwoman who is very dedicated to her job that she does'nt let her personal life get all tangled with her professional life.

The image of HDK (okay, I follow the majority about this HDK or HDG thing) from Episode 1 - 6 just doesn't jive with what they are serving up to us in Episode 7. They made her too compliant, too submissive and, if she was male, I would have said like she lost her balls. :huh: That's not what I would expect. Remember in Episode 1 she was checking on how they handled a situation where she pretended to be the fiancee of the man who faked his heart attack. How the staff, especially HKJ, would handle it. I really liked that cool headed attitude. I don't think she should be kicking and screaming but she should be observant about everything they did during her arrest and questioning, because she knows that she is innocent.

There is such a thing called due process in law. I'm not a lawyer but if I was arrested when I know I'm innocent, I'd want legal advice. She should have questioned those disrespectful (downright rude if you ask me) officers on their procedures and their right to treat her like so much garbage. Under the law, you are innocent until proven guilty, unless we are referring to place where soonjap referred to earlier. I am not belittling Jiwoo, just questioning the writers and director. She has to go by what they tell her but the director and writers have got to make it believable, like soonjap insists. I know I sometimes say things tongue-in-cheek but that's just cos I want to defuse the tension a little.

Come on guys! They really are attempting to break new ground with this drama. Maybe they could use a little help with the details. I'd want to overlook those bloopers too but if they border on the ridiculous, it affects the credibility of the drama, no matter how great the cast. That's when I gotta say something. I love my K-dramas but I am not okay if they do slipshod research and are sloppy, as one Singaporean said earlier! :rolleyes: What more when you work in a dicey place like an international airport, you can't be flouting international law. If you want to write a story that is mind blowing, don't write it assuming I must be living in another planet and won't know the difference.

If my guess is correct, they want to try and make her image softer and prepare her for a situation when she finally admits she does need a man in her life. They want us to see that butt-kicking boss-lady melt and show us she is human after all. I want to see Jiwoo's classic feminine softness and adorable sweetness but the way they are doing it is grating on my nerves. They'd better resolve this in Episode 9 cos my boss is going to be kicking my butt if he catches me staring at this forum so much ;):wacko:

Guest andrewujin

hanihash, well yes in a way that you're innocent until proven guilty.. but remember, that they caught her red handed with drugs in her bag, so she's not "innocent" .. in this case she'll be like "guilty" until proven innocent... and they ran the urine, dna test etc to find whether she's on drugs or not and continue investigation.. i would suppose this is a bit high class case (not the normal drug case) so those people investigating may have some sort of special authority to put her in custody.,, however, we saw that later in the show, due to lack of evidence and also recommendation letter from the airport director, she was released.. so it does make sense in a way

some prosecutors and police are just "uneducated"? ... i would call that so for a police who acts like this.. i think HDK could oppose if she wants to, and complain about the attitude, but one is that she doesn't really want to get into more complications than what she is and second, KJS already punched him, that's a consolation ain't it

thanks Misth

I think NIS agents love to broke the rule too..not just KJS :lol: .

ANyway, i do think that KJS was also surprise that HDK told KHJ about his ex lovers (SMW). he told HDk about him and SMW and that made SMW shocked and hurt, and i think the part that HDK told KHJ was also hurt KJS. That's showing how close HDK with KHJ and not to mention She trust him so well

yes i agree also that HDK trust KHJ very much and really relies on KHJ as her support, friend etc.. cause he was the one who help her stand when all the team managers and department chief was not liking her very much...

but i think the fact that KHJ broke the "trust" a little by saying those things to KJS really would bring good to HDK cause if KJS could wake up! and decide and see his relation with HDK...

(but i'm still supporting HDK-KHJ... :lol: )

by the way, could anyone do simple translation for the song "HARu-man" track 5 of OST? thanks

Guest hanihash

hanihash, well yes in a way that you're innocent until proven guilty.. but remember, that they caught her red handed with drugs in her bag, so she's not "innocent" .. in this case she'll be like "guilty" until proven innocent... and they ran the urine, dna test etc to find whether she's on drugs or not and continue investigation.. i would suppose this is a bit high class case (not the normal drug case) so those people investigating may have some sort of special authority to put her in custody.,, however, we saw that later in the show, due to lack of evidence and also recommendation letter from the airport director, she was released.. so it does make sense in a way

Hhhhmmmmm....that makes sense. I love it when you give me this cool, calm and clear headed responses andrewyujin. You don't happen to look like Lee Jung Jae do you!? :D

Guest joicy

andrewujin is right. Kim Ji Sung's boss, the Bureau Chief of the NIS, his name is Lee Jae Mu. Therefore, there is no father and son relationship. :blink:

Thank you for this infor. I doubt it as I didn't hear any of "Father" (something papa :-)) in the talk. But the fact is I don't know Korean, or Chinese much, I could rely only in the Vietsub. I guess they may translate wrong. But will check with my hubby as he understands Korean quite a bit.

Sorry everyone for the confusion.

I agree with you. I don't know much about the laws either, but in a drug case, you should look at the amount of drug as well. And as soon as it's related to drug, you will be arrested right away.

Regarding the scene, I think HDG can ask for the man's supervisor because talk's content doesn't relate to her case, the man only trying to insult HDG in a personal matter. If he's done, she has the right to go to another room, not sitting there listening what they chat about her.

Guest msau99

Hello everyone!!!! I took a quick peep to see whether there's any goodies! AND OMO OMG!!!! There IS!!! Hot pics of LJJ!!! Thanks mookie!!!!!

And not sure who asked abt chinese subs for ep8, yes yes it's already out! Since monday!!! I dl from www.zhbbs.cn I know hyc said he/she dl from clubbox.

Also there were some qns abt what happened, and I think hyc already answered them.

I need to go mia for a while......to focus on my trans job for flowers!!! ho ho ho!

BUT rest assured, I will be back next monday, doing what i do best - which is to trans. those interesting conversations among the leads!!! (before the subbing team comes up with the fansubs) I really hope there will be MORE of such scenes for this coming weekend!!!! Those of you who are interested can refer back to trans for my fav scenes from ep5 to ep8 for those scenes from ep5 to ep8 :D

Till next monday then!!!!!

AC Fighting!

Archived