[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

1 hour ago, dejun said:

From Arthur's interview, he shared that he has to motivate himself time and time again so that he could finish filming well amidst his injuries that he has to bear silently then.  I suspect the reasons that made him persevere on is due to his love for this Ning Que role and in acting.  He said there were 2 roles he desires very much to play - one is Ning Que and the other should be Yu Huai.  I'm so happy that all his efforts was rewarded in the end. :smiley::heart::heart:

Ah i never know about he desired Yu Huai's role, so happy that he got the roles he wanted and thankful he did cherish them and giving the most of him for the roles and yeah he was rewarded very well in the end! That is what we call hard work never betray the result! Standing applause to our hard working boy!

• Like 1

@tothestars  I fully agreed with you that the degree of hardships differs not only from each production but also what is expected from the play.  If its sports or period plays that requires martial arts with huge amount of body work, the hardships of actors will increase as compared to plays say from modern romance genre.  That's why, the requests from director of actors willingness to go to far places to film like Ever Night, Legend of Awakening or My People My Country is required from Arthur and the rest of the actors.  It was revealed before that there are actors from Mainland China who aren't willing to pay such price just to act, for comfort comes first.  They don't want to experience this kind of hardships.  Everything bores down to your attitude towards your profession.

1 hour ago, tothestars said:

Ah i never know about he desired Yu Huai's role, s happy that he got the roles he wanted and thankful he did cherish them and giving the most of him for the roles and yeah he was rewarded very well in the end! That is what we call hard work never betray the result! Standing applause to our hard working boy!

I watched one Arthur's interview which mentioned he was very fortunate to encounter 2 roles he desires to act as.  I know the first one is Ning Que.  Recently, I watched another clip that seemingly imply the second one is Yu Huai.  Anyway, it's either Yu Huai or Lu Ping. :D

Yeeaahhh!!! Applause!!!!

• Love 2

20 hours ago, tothestars said:

Dont know what this is... But congrats Arthur!

I believe that's the number of views for the Jingdong livestream! So he got the third highest views among other stars doing the livestream (after Meng Meiqi & Kris Wu). Congrats Arthur!!!

20 hours ago, tothestars said:

Beautiful fan made poster of Ning Que

It IS very beautiful -- love it!

• Love 1

5 hours ago, tothestars said:

I forget whether this article has been posted in here or not... But i feel familiar with the pictures.

I've posted some part of it here, CKG's observation about the distinction between Alex and Arthur. It was from another article, but now I can see that what I posted was excerpt from this article. Thank you so much, and I'm really enjoying this a lot! This is a very good one, providing us about how Arthur and his brother grew up. I already knew that CKG's father was also a director, but not sure if the family was also "old money". Did filmmakers make a lot of money prior to the Cultural Revolution? It was very interesting what CKG said about being brought up to be a cultured man: he felt he became too weak (?) and decided to join the army (PLA?) to be tougher. So perhaps it wasn't about ideology, but about survival instinct. Somehow this reminds me of the movie "Empire of the Sun".

Anyway, he wanted his children to be tough too. I suppose we had learnt about it back then, right? Remember the video interview in which he said that he thought Arthur was too soft and "girly"? Chen Hong also mentioned that Arthur was too nice and didn't want to hurt other people's feelings. (LOL, did she miss Arthur's pranks to his friends and family :lol:). 

It's also interesting that at one point he and Chen Hong wanted to distance themselves from the movie industry, because they thought showbiz is sickening (my word, haha!). I guess Arthur's decision to be an actor had also factored in their decision to return, in addition to other considerations. 

Some other interesting things from this article for me:
- Arthur didn't have assistants yet when he filmed Ever Night 1. I didn't see his mom in the BTS videos, so I guess she only visited him once in a while, and reported the visit to his dad, haha! 

- CKG took time to train Arthur for LoA. They spent 10 days to discuss the character, the environment, the story etc. We can see Arthur's improvement leap & bound, as well as his line delivery! It helped that they had sometime before LoA filming started to do it. I now can't wait to see the movie "Youth", and I hopeeeeeee it can be released this year!

It's also safe to say that Arthur has to prove not only to the general public, but most importantly to his father, that he strives to be a good actor. I think I can understand now the nuance of his speech "I wish in the future my father will be recognized as CFY's father" :). His father thinks that facing hardships and challenges, not only at work but also in life in general, contributes to making a good actor. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I just realized Arthur's projects are movie and drama take turns.

2016 Secret Fruit (Movie)

2017 Ever Night (Drama)

2018 My Best Summer (Movie)

2018 Legend of Awakening (Drama)

2019 Me and My Motherland (Movie)

2020 Immortality (Drama)

Either he like this pattern, so he try to make it orderly or they are just coincidence lol.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tothestars said:

I just realized Arthur's projects are movie and drama take turns.

2017 Ever Night (Drama)

2020 Immortality (Drama)

Either he like this pattern, so he try to make it orderly or they are just coincidence lol.

I do think it's by design! We know how orderly he is, LOL.

You can add the movie Youth (Flower Blooms from the Ashes) in 2019. I think it's My Motherland & I that was "accidental", meaning it wasn't initially planned, but a project CKG was assigned to by the Chinese government IIRC just 3 months before they started filming. 

• Love 1

59 minutes ago, caranita said:

I do think it's by design! We know how orderly he is, LOL.

You can add the movie Youth (Flower Blooms from the Ashes) in 2019. I think it's My Motherland & I that was "accidental", meaning it wasn't initially planned, but a project CKG was assigned to by the Chinese government IIRC just 3 months before they started filming. 

Ah i forgot about Youth! Thx!

2017 Ever Night (Drama)

2019 Youth (Flower Blooms from Ashes)

2020 Immortality (Drama)

Ah that was why he rejected Me and My Motherland on the first place if i am not wrong... Ruining his pattern lolololol...

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Let's stick to English title of Me and My Motherland ie My People, My Country.  The movie introduced the English title at the beginning.  Me and My Motherland is the direct translation from Chinese title.  Did Arthur really reject My People My Country directed by his father?  His father is wholly in charge of this movie as chief director.

• Like 2