[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

4 hours ago, caranita said:

BTW, there is a pretty good writing about how Wang Kai has guided his fans, and I think there's a lesson or two to take :) 

https://cfen.si/2020/04/12/how-wang-kai-guided-his-fans-to-listen-to-him/

Basically, what Wang Kai does is alternate between directly tells his fans what he expects from them or what he does NOT want them to do, and show them what he prefers. As the blogger observes, he's done those since the first time he gained fame (after NIF 1, I think). It's said he lost some fans because of some of his "rather extreme" methods (refuse to smile or chat with fans at airports, for instance), but in return he's kept fans who respect him and provide him with the privacy he needs. Not sure if Arthur would go that far, though, because he's just a naturally nice person, and even being nice and well-mannered hasn't exempted him from getting labeled LOL

Ok, Wang Kai has the same age with me LOL. I think because he reached popularity in older age so he can manage it very well, but not every older idol has the same maturity right. Different case with xiao zhan, at the 1st time he become male lead, the drama has gained successfully worldwide, so the burden is too much, although he is a calm person but still dont know how to respond to his fans. Different case also with Arthur, so far he did very well, but hopefully he can do it the same way with Wang Kai, in terms of guiding his fans, or maybe he has different ways to guide his fans, like what has happened until now, i think the way Arthur treat his fans is like what Liu HaoRan n Zhang RuoYun has done, keep lowkey, not too much engaging in social media unless work related, not wearing something too obvious or bling2 in public area, keep calm when facing crowded people or fans.

Hopefully this Immortality hype is not affecting too much for our boy. Finger crossed!

• Love 1

I agreed with both @caranita's with @mei2018's comments on Arthur's popularity and his mature fans.  I've noticed from @tothestars's posts that when Arthur's name touched Top 10 in popularity, Cheng Xiao's name was in Top 20 for a few weeks before her name was dropped out whilst Arthur's remain in Top 10 position.  That already showed that majority of viewers like his work in LOA a lot and he is "carrying the show" the way one viewer described it despite backlash from others.  Even Dylan Xiong's name did not appear in Top 20 which saddens me a bit as he's the 2nd main lead in the show.  Still, I'm happy to see Arthur's performance being taken into account and appreciated.

As @mei2018 mentioned, I too believed that Arthur has quite a number of male fans after EN1.  Am sure that they too will check out his next drama as well like we do.  Delighted to see his steady growing popularity so I hope that he remains in showbiz for 10 years at least before he makes another decision to change his profession.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, dejun said:

Delighted to see his steady growing popularity so I hope that he remains in showbiz for 10 years at least before he makes another decision to change his profession.

Hmm i hope not 10 years at least, make it 20 years at least, so he will be 40 by then, experienced enough to start his 1st movie.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 6/1/2020 at 1:36 AM, caranita said:

Speaking of faces, I think Leo Luo and Ding Yuxi have similar type of face? Thin, with some feminine features like @tothestars's description. To me the most feminine face on a male actor I've seen is the guy who plays both Su Mu in ROTR and Shangguan Tou's brother in law in ATWIL. His cast as a courtesan in ROTR is spot on!

I forgot to addres this, yeah SuMu Quan PeiLun is beautiful, he also in Immortality! One more actor with beautiful face, is Darren Chen/ Guan Hong, last time in Sleuth on Ming Dynasty, he did an undercover scene as a brothel woman, SO BEAUTIFUL!!! 

And i just found out Immortality director is Zhou Jia Wen Nelson Kaman, i just followed his weibo. You said before @caranita about his previous work, i can only read 大汉天之 aka Prince of Han Dynasty played by Huang XiaoMing, it was a big hit back then, but i havent watched it though. Arthur also mentioned Director He when he supported ATWIL in his weibo, and from weibo i saw Director He also being tagged in hashtag Immortality Drama, so i think there are more than one director? 

• Like 2

Last week accumulated top Chinese dramas ratings and celebrities top rankings from 25-31 May 2020:

1.   Love Designer

2.   Autumn Cicada

3.   And The Winner is Love

4.   Get Married or Not

5.   The Romance of Tiger and Rose

6.   Serenade of Peaceful Joy

7.   Legend of Awakening

8.   Fake Princess

9.   My Dear Destiny

10. Mr Fox and Miss Rose

For celebrities top 10:

1.   Dilraba Dilmurat
2.   Allen Ren Jialun
3.   Zhao Lusi
4.   Xiao Zhan
5.   Wang Yibo
6.   Johnny Huang Jingyu
7.   Jackson Yee 
8.   Arthur Chen Feiyu
9.   Zhu Yilong 
10. Zhuang Dafei

Credit: Dramapanda

Arthur's LOA real sustaining power is no joke for except for Serenade of Peaceful Joy, the rest could be considered as new dramas.  Lovely to see Arthur's name still within Top 10 last week. :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, tothestars said:

And i just found out Immortality director is Zhou Jia Wen Nelson Kaman, i just followed his weibo. You said before @caranita about his previous work, i can only read 大汉天之 aka Prince of Han Dynasty played by Huang XiaoMing, it was a big hit back then, but i havent watched it though. Arthur also mentioned Director He when he supported ATWIL in his weibo, and from weibo i saw Director He also being tagged in hashtag Immortality Drama, so i think there are more than one director? 

Thanks for letting me know about this other director! Both Baidu and Douban only list Sam Ho (He Shupei) as the director, and tbh I'm not impressed with some of recent his works, such as Queen Dugu (the one with Hu Bingqing), Siege in Fog, and especially Begonia Rouge/Blossom in Heart. I really like Li Yitong and Deng Lun as actors, and even their acting & chemistry IMO couldn't save Blossom :( . I know a lot of people love Siege, but it's too melodramatic for my taste. He's the director of ATWIL, right? And while you quite like it, you've also mentioned some issues with the drama :).

As for Zhou Jiawen, I just checked his other works. He's pretty new? Douban only list 2 dramas he had directed: the Chang An Youth, and Wife's Lies. Haven't seen Chang An Youth, and only saw some random episodes of Wife's Lies. I remember I checked on Wife's Lies because I liked Jia Qing (the FL), and at that time Wife's Lies was quite popular. But I dropped it because I got bored, and in general I prefer wuxia/historical than modern Cdramas anyway.

So yeah, I'm not that enthusiastic about the directors, yet. But if the writing is at least decent, Arthur and Leo show great chemistry and their portrayal is spot on, it might work wonderfully for the drama. 

1 hour ago, tothestars said:

I forgot to addres this, yeah SuMu Quan PeiLun is beautiful, he also in Immortality! One more actor with beautiful face, is Darren Chen/ Guan Hong, last time in Sleuth on Ming Dynasty, he did an undercover scene as a brothel woman, SO BEAUTIFUL!!! 

Ah yeah, I agree about Darren Chen!

Btw, apparently Quan Peilun also acted in another drama helmed by Sam Ho, which is slated to air in 2020 ;). The Chinese title is 恨君不似江楼月. (The guy is everywhere now!)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, caranita said:

Thanks for letting me know about this other director! Both Baidu and Douban only list Sam Ho (He Shupei) as the director, and tbh I'm not impressed with some of recent his works, such as Queen Dugu (the one with Hu Bingqing), Siege in Fog, and especially Begonia Rouge/Blossom in Heart. I really like Li Yitong and Deng Lun as actors, and even their acting & chemistry IMO couldn't save Blossom :( . I know a lot of people love Siege, but it's too melodramatic for my taste. He's the director of ATWIL, right? And while you quite like it, you've also mentioned some issues with the drama :)

Actually honestly, i am starting to get bored watching ATWIL started on ep 9-10, let see for the rest. But i really like yunxi's acting, he nailed it. Meanwhile i am starting to feel Yukee's acting is monoton.

As for Zhou Jiawen, I just checked his other works. He's pretty new? Douban only list 2 dramas he had directed: the Chang An Youth, and Wife's Lies. Haven't seen Chang An Youth, and only saw some random episodes of Wife's Lies. I remember I checked on Wife's Lies because I liked Jia Qing (the FL), and at that time Wife's Lies was quite popular. But I dropped it because I got bored, and in general I prefer wuxia/historical than modern Cdramas anyway.

Actually in his weibo there is description of works he has done, which i have said before Prince of Han Dynasty, and like you said his recently work is Chang An Youth, i havent watched it as well.

Screenshot-20200603-215855-Weibo-Intl.jp

So yeah, I'm not that enthusiastic about the directors, yet. But if the writing is at least decent, Arthur and Leo show great chemistry and their portrayal is spot on, it might work wonderfully for the drama. 

Oh well i am feeling the same too now... Hopefully they both will get new insight of directing and learning from past mistakes...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tothestars said:

Actually honestly, i am starting to get bored watching ATWIL started on ep 9-10, let see for the rest. But i really like yunxi's acting, he nailed it. Meanwhile i am starting to feel Yukee's acting is monoton.

I'm already bored at ep 3.  The story is not refreshing enough.  I dislike the CGI.  Hope the directors will not use the same for Arthur's drama.

I have read about a quarter of Heaven Awakening Path.  Frankly, the LOA screenwriter did a good job for the drama by taking the arcs of the novel with the main characters well written as they turned out to be more fascinating.  I don't really like the way the author is writing his story so I have stopped reading at the Soul Combat Convention arc but the soul power forces are really interesting to know.  I hope the screenwriter who is writing Immortality is doing a good job too.  That, we have to trust Arthur on this.  I suspect they didn't disclose who the screenwriter is to protect any backlash from fans of the novel.

14 hours ago, caranita said:

Apart from Chang'an Youth (2020) and The Wife's Lies (2015), he is also the director for Happy Noodle (2013), A Perfect Husband (2011), Pretty Maid (2010) among other projects.

I found out that this time Arthur is working with experienced main cast be it Luo Yun Xi, Chen Yao or Zhou Qi .  He's surrounded by actors whose track record are longer than his. :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, dejun said:

I have read about a quarter of Heaven Awakening Path.  Frankly, the LOA screenwriter did a good job for the drama by taking the arcs of the novel with the main characters well written as they turned out to be more fascinating.  I don't really like the way the author is writing his story so I have stopped reading at the Soul Combat Convention arc but the soul power forces are really interesting to know.  I hope the screenwriter who is writing Immortality is doing a good job too.  That, we have to trust Arthur on this.  I suspect they didn't disclose who the screenwriter is to protect any backlash from fans of the novel.

Yeah i have read few pages on couple chapters Heaven Awakening Path, and didnt have any intention to continue...so just like you said, screenwriter for LoA did a very good job!

16 minutes ago, dejun said:

found out that this time Arthur is working with experienced main cast be it Luo Yun Xi, Chen Yao or Zhou Qi .  He's surrounded by actors whose track record are longer than his. :D

Same thing with Ever Night. I think only in LoA since it is about youth, so they have to cast young actors for the leads.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tothestars said:

Director Zhou posted a weibo about Immortality, he talked about Mo Ran?

Possibly?

I don't know, as I don't read the book. But the second picture in black and white, the brows and the eyes have uncanny resemblance to Arthur's! 

1 hour ago, dejun said:

Apart from Chang'an Youth (2020) and The Wife's Lies (2015), he is also the director for Happy Noodle (2013), A Perfect Husband (2011), Pretty Maid (2010) among other projects.

I found out that this time Arthur is working with experienced main cast be it Luo Yun Xi, Chen Yao or Zhou Qi .  He's surrounded by actors whose track record are longer than his. :D

Thank you for this! The other drama titles don't ring a bell to me -- they sound like modern dramas? 

Yes, like @tothestars said, most of Arthur's co-stars are more experienced actors, incl. Zhou Qi and Deng Ency who are younger than him. Sometimes I wonder if that was on purpose from the start: he wants to take lessons, and at the same time it gives him challenge. I remember in one of his interviews, he said (or implied) that while he values education (training?) but gaining experience in acting is very  important.

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, tothestars said:

The whole world questioning his post LOL

Where did he post this? Weibo? 

Well, we are used to his cryptic Instagram posts for the longest time, LOLOLOL... I've given up trying to interpret them! The boy is so careful, just let him be like that. Vague messages in his social media are probably the only way he can vent out without revealing too much and potentially backfiring. 

PS. Just checked twitter and yeah... people are going crazy because of that post! I'm guessing it's something to do with marriage or wedding? ("tie the knot").

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, caranita said:

Where did he post this? Weibo? 

Well, we are used to his cryptic Instagram posts for the longest time, LOLOLOL... I've given up trying to interpret them! The boy is so careful, just let him be like that. Vague messages in his social media are probably the only way he can vent out without revealing too much and potentially backfiring. 

PS. Just checked twitter and yeah... people are going crazy because of that post! I'm guessing it's something to do with marriage or wedding? ("tie the knot").

Yes weibo.

Lol if someone from the fandom read your comment abou "tie the knot", they will respond more krezilyyyyy LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tothestars said:

Lol if someone from the fandom read your comment abou "tie the knot", they will respond more krezilyyyyy LOL

Hahahahhah! I'm quite sure many people lurk in this forum occasionally, there are times I feel like there's reference to our conversation here  ..  Also, they likely have made similar conclusion :))). 

• LOL 2