[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

7 hours ago, caranita said:

Thank you for this! The other drama titles don't ring a bell to me -- they sound like modern dramas? 

Yes The Wife's Lies, Happy Noodle and A Perfect Husband were modern dramas except for Chang'an Youth and Pretty Maid.  He's not the main director for Pretty Maid as he does collaborate with other directors on period or republican dramas.

7 hours ago, tothestars said:

The whole world questioning his post LOL

This boy loves riddles. :D

6 hours ago, tothestars said:

Lol if someone from the fandom read your comment abou "tie the knot", they will respond more krezilyyyyy LOL

:lol: I also guess that the answer is same as yours.

Just completed 2 eps of TROTAR.  Better than ATWIL imo and worth watching.

@caranita Yup, our boy wants to be a good actor.  He wants to gain more experience as an actor and train himself up to be a better actor.  That's his goal.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2020 at 11:26 PM, tothestars said:

This is a compilation of Arthur's works with his voice when doing monolog and interviews in the background.

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4511722887643171/4511723984722759

What Arthur said in the background...

Currently what Arthur wants to do is to act well  in shows and be a good actor.  As an actor he has the interest so he spends a lot of time using his own experiences and inspirations to do what he feels right, to do it well.  Everyone also has one lifetime to do something important and for him there are many important things which materialized for him to complete in his life.  Every role given to him is an experience.  Every role given to gain experience would be opportunities given for one to do; able to experience different roles as every opportunity is not easily obtainable…..  He put his thoughts into it….…..  He wants to present what he loved most and excel (before everyone)………. There are many...  Maybe in this world there is jealousy but if you……..  A person is not able to choose which family to be born into but able to choose what you want in the future with your own efforts to pick……..so long you understand is enough…..an actor will encounter hardships so when you know that will cherish that role….Director wants him to……….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, dejun said:

What Arthur said in the background...

Currently what Arthur wants to do is to act well  in shows and be a good actor.  As an actor he has the interest so he spends a lot time using his own experiences and inspirations to do what he feels right, to do it well.  Everyone also has one lifetime to do something important and for him there are many important things which materialized for him to complete in his life.  Every role given to him is an experience.  Every role given to gain experience would be opportunities given for one to do; able to experience different roles as every opportunity is not easily obtainable…..  He put his thoughts into it….…..  He wants to present what he loved most and excel (before everyone)………. There are many...  Maybe in this world there is jealousy but if you……..  A person is not able to choose which family to be born into but able to choose what you want in the future with your own efforts to pick……..so long you understand is enough…..an actor will encounter hardships so when you know that will cherish that role….Director wants him to……….

Omg thx u so much @dejun

Really love to hear such an in depth thought of him, a wise young man with a great mind. So he has realized about the jealousy about his background yeah? Poor him, but very happy that he knows how to respond.

Thx again dejun! Happy to have you here, really!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tothestars said:

Really love to hear such an in depth thought of him, a wise young man with a great mind. So he has realized about the jealousy about his background yeah? Poor him, but very happy that he knows how to respond.

Thx again dejun! Happy to have you here, really!

Hahahah...  You're welcome @tothestars.  I really want to know what he said about jealousy but the music is too loud and other words I miss out.... can't help that.

Arthur really works hard so he could become a good actor.  I like his attitude and is an actor who deserves my admiration.  I look forward to his future development with much anticipation.

@angelangie  I do start reading webnovels quite recently when my interest in dramas waned and usually choose those with good ratings only. :D  Like I watched Story of Ming Lan drama after I read the webnovel still ongoing to date (the translation work for this is excellent).  I won't read it if I realized it's not a completed novel, sighhh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

Arthur always struck me as someone who have depth talks.....

He does. And reading his interviews over the years, I'm quite impressed with his consistency. Being young, I expect to see changes in his narratives from time to time. But most of them remain the same, which to me show that he's focused and determined, and he knows what he wants :)

• Like 2

Just realized yesterday that Arthur actually recorded OST for both of his movies, Secret Fruit and My Best Summer.  The duet song entitled Secret Words he sang with Ouyang Nana is quite meaningful.  The song Best of Us is touchingly sad in reminiscent of the past.  He does has a nice soothing voice.  I thought he only sings as a hobby.

@angelangie  Sorry I am not reading any webnovels at the moment.  Currently, I have many dramas on my watchlist to finish.

• Like 3

On 6/5/2020 at 9:38 AM, angelangie said:

Arthur always struck me as someone who have depth talks.....

btw anyone of you here a webnovel lover too? ;) 

Ah i prefer novel angie :D, my old eyes cant stay looking at cellphone too long. I read some webnovel only because i have watched the drama and interested with the story, like ever night and joy of life. Recently i start to read HYX for light reading, maybe take 3-5 days for each chapter. 

6 hours ago, dejun said:

Just realized yesterday that Arthur actually recorded OST for both of his movies, Secret Fruit and My Best Summer.  The duet song entitled Secret Words he sang with Ouyang Nana is quite meaningful.  The song Best of Us is touchingly sad in reminiscent of the past.  He does has a nice soothing voice.  I thought he only sings as a hobby.

If there is an offering for him to sing an OST, and he fit with the song, i am sure he will accept it.

• Like 3

On 6/2/2020 at 3:17 AM, caranita said:

BTW, there's a viral tweet, taken presumably from weibo, which claims that Arthur will appear in a special segment of Produce Camp 2020 together with Ding Yuxi and Song Weilong. Again, please take it with a TON of salt, because it sounds like some people tossing in some popular young actors together for a rumor mill :sweat_smile:. Those 3 happen to have recent popular dramas LOL. 

Ah this one, i thought i read it as Happy Camp LOL, turns out Produce Camp, so Produce Camp is the same as Chuang? Hmmmm i am starting to question why should he go there, since Legend of Awakening is over. Maybe there is Cheng Xiao also? 

• Like 2

Ah this one, i thought i read it as Happy Camp LOL, turns out Produce Camp, so Produce Camp is the same as Chuang? Hmmmm i am starting to question why should he go there, since Legend of Awakening is over. Maybe there is Cheng Xiao also? 

Yes, Chuang is Produce Camp. 

That's why I wrote we need to take the rumor cautiously. It looks like someone just tossed the names of young actors who happened to have recent popular dramas :D. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Arthur making an art project?

He's having fun with his social media :))). It probably doesn't even have anything to do with his current project. They're all in blue, so if we're playing guesses here, he was probably feeling blue, or he's missing He Landou, hahahahahh!! (Lan=blue)

Someone made an Arthur's timeline on twitter. Pretty good!

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

21 hours ago, tothestars said:

About Who has Great Potential Translation

Wai Ying Hung did met a person she came across recently whom she has a good impression of.  He is the 2nd generation celebrity.  Yes, he is Chen Kai Ge's son and yes, that is Chen Fei Yu.  When she first know that she will collaborate with a famous director's son, on her first filming with him where she has yet to meet him, in her heart she thought then he was 19 years of age, must be someone who is snobbish, pampered type but once met, realized that her impression was totally wrong.  He is very polite and … … then discovered that he's well educated, knows music and his expectation in acting also exceptionally high.  She has also worked with the director (of the movie) before so when talked about Chen Fei Yu expressed that he's really awesome, very … that gave her a really deep impression of him.  And he acts very well too.

:heart:

Wai Ying Hung has impressed me with her acting since HSDS 2000 and especially so in The Glamorous Imperial Concubine so her impression of Arthur on his potential as a senior in showbiz should be well taken note of.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, caranita said:

Someone made an Arthur's timeline on twitter. Pretty good!

I think mostly people thought Legend of Awakening is when Arthur reach 20 y.o, since the timeline is all correct but the LoA. And more over his appearance as Lu Ping is so mature and grown up, unlike Ning Que, still in boyish look. 

• Like 2