[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

14 hours ago, tothestars said:

And there will be haters for every superstars, like what happened recently to YangZi and Kris Wu Hair Pin... I absolutely confused for it, the actor just want to do their job peacefully, do what they love to do, why in earth those crazy people send harsh comments even before the drama aired? Sigh... Big mouth no brain no ethics!

Yeah, I read about this.  I like Yang Zi as an actress but her reputation is not as good based on what I have read others are saying.  Although, we don't know the truth and who stir the fire but it does mar my impression on her character somewhat.

5 hours ago, caranita said:

I beg to differ, on the basis of subjectivity :). People are entitled to their own opinion, even if they're in the minority LOL. I'm pretty sure though that the majority share our view about his acting progress. On the other hand, there ARE people who refuse to acknowledge his progress just because they have personal grudge on Arthur. (I need not name names, but if you followed discussions on Legend of Awakening you can spot them). But let's do it Arthur's way: focus on what we like (which is him, hahahahah!), celebrate his accomplishment, enjoy his works, and let the detractors cry in their sad corner LOL. 

(PS. but I still can't feel his online chemistry with Cheng Xiao... sorry :lol:).

Actually, when I talked about co-stars chemistry, it's not about Cheng Xiao but generally what I have encountered with others. :) I will see a couple in drama who I find have chemistry but someone else will find the same couple with no chemistry at all.  So till now I still don't understand how do they interpret that so I'm really confused. :wacko: About Cheng Xiao's chemistry with Arthur, I'm with you.  She got better with him towards the end though with Arthur's help.

Yes, for shows, our preferences will differ.  Still, when it comes to acting, it's all been fully displayed right before our eyes,  yet opinions could be as diverse as say light from darkness.  Right interpretation is important imo otherwise whatever we do resulted in consequence of wrong interpretations and falsehood.  Although in the drama world the costs outcome is much lower than real life but like you said, others might hold grudges or offences against Arthur thus project him negatively so I'm no longer that puzzled about this. -_-  Thanks for your enlightenment.

6 hours ago, tothestars said:

Naughty boy

:lol::lol::lol: He's a cutie!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, dejun said:

Yeah, I read about this.  I like Yang Zi as an actress but her reputation is not as good based on what I have read others are saying.  Although, we don't know the truth and who stir the fire but it does mar my impression on her character somewhat.

Oh i dont know that, i dont follow her news neither digging her information.

6 hours ago, dejun said:

About Cheng Xiao's chemistry with Arthur, I'm with you.  She got better with him towards the end though with Arthur's help.

Actually the fact is, they shot the marriage event in the beginning days of shooting, like what chengxiao said in the BTS. But dont know for the rest scenes until she dies, since the location is same. So i mean, the ones who we thought her acting is getting better or we get the chemistry towards the end of the drama, turns out they made it in the beginning. So either chengxiao like the scene so she can all out, of course with some factors like the place also very romantic, maybe arthur also helped her, etc... Or we just already get used with her towards the end of the drama LOL. But i really feel the chemistry at last few eps of LoA. 

Anyway last night after watching Love in Between ep 10, i browsed bilibili videos and so many videos about Arthur Leo, some of them are good some of them are errr.... You know. But the point is, after watching some of them, made me rewatch Ever Night LOL! Arthur is so different in Ning Que, he was cute, chubby, sometimes bloated, and stiff. So so so different when he became Lu Ping, too handsome lolololol!

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2020 at 10:22 PM, tothestars said:

Part 2 Translation (only Arthur Chen's portion minus promoting the product)

• Chen Fei Yu is happy to hear this question in which he replied that he did consider this lately when he began to love acting, most likely since he was young.  He revealed although he is ? but also quite a mischievous kid so he will be a nuisance to people around him like his family or buddies or someone whom he likes.  Furthermore, a good actor must be quite observant so having observation as a strong point is very important. Since young, he really likes to observe people such as his friends, parents, brother, grandmother, etc.  Thus, liking for acting grows since young till he enters the entertainment circle then experiences the reality of what a performer is all about; how you treat the role and how to take responsibility so this is what lately, he considers of within his thoughts of why and how he loves acting.
  • Actually, he didn't go to that many places but he's been to very far places to film like the first TV drama was filmed at Xinjiang.  He was there for almost 3 months, he was only age 17 and acting wise, he wasn't able to understand much for he is a rookie so being there for such lengthy time was part of training and lesson that to him is a process he needs to take.  Also previous year around April he also went to Dunhuang, an extraordinary place, exceptionally scenic.  If you are an actor who has this opportunity in this lifetime to film in this kind of place whether the duration is long or short is a marvellous experience.  He feels that going outstation to film can help an actor to immerse himself into his character for the surrounding is well-suited for it.
  • In Hao Yi Xing, he and other actors got quite a number of things they can play together.  They can chat without any reservations and the roles they played complement each other (I think) as they all created their characters development together as their interactions between each person in the show is quite complex and personalities played out are more so as such during shooting time they will have a lot of discussions regarding their roles to minute details but mainly talked about the show.
  • Everyone is good in singing which this group is pretty special in that sense.  For him, his singing is just okay but for some of them, their singing are really good.  They will sing each other's songs so when together they will feel happy, have discussions on their own specialty whereby some of them know how to cook, like yesterday one actor cooked barbecue noodles which is so delicious that he feels that person should change profession as cooking barbecue noodles is delayed for being an actor, he jokingly said.  They as a group have tacit understanding so when filming can cooperate well with each other.  An actor should cultivate (nurture) tacit understanding with conviction.
  • His hobbies is playing guitar for when he's with the group will treat them as family and be comfortable listening to music more so to discuss the script as the dialogues in this show are just too many and everyday there is the never ending dialogues, yup regarding hobbies, sing songs, play guitar, chat together, do some cooking and there are times a mini group of them will go out for steamboat (hotpot).
  • What he normally shared in his interviews is, the reason he is a performer is due to acting and give the national and international viewers worldwide (I gather) presenting a better product with diversified roles.  So the current role he's doing is highly challenging, with honor and passionate for that role, etc, to be able to act in this show and destined to do this character that he chanced upon that is quite complex, which has conflicts with his own personality.  For he feels that his own life experience is of utmost importance so half or many of his seniors and teachers told him that he's still young so he hasn't reach ??? (I'm lost) so whatever he heard they said of, are reasonable and very right as our experience cannot be taken away and whatever he experiences will be shown in his work thus his work experiences need to be accumulated.
  • Lastly, he talked about the most memorable underwater scene 2 years ago.  After he shot this scene, when he thought of it afterwards, he finds it a bit scary.

Disclaimer:  I only listen once so if there's any mistaken translation or translations whatsoever so far, please forgive me for any wrong interpretations that is purely unintentional.

:heart:

Looks like Arthur is very serious about acting well and wishes to be an outstanding actor.  Also it seems that opportunities were given to him to act or he will source for opportunity himself just like Ning Que role based on what he has shared so far.

3xkmpx6wxgv7u69w2vubbdi9a.jpg

When he's not acting, he looks young and boyish like this. :wub:

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2020 at 12:57 PM, tothestars said:

Compilation from news and interviews clip from uploader Translation

This video clip is about Chen Fei Yu clarification that he's still single

• Yes, Chen Fei Yu noticed that friends around him have girlfriends except ~ (He uses his cute action to indicate he doesn't have.) 
  • Regarding the rumors about him and Ouyang Nana whether it's true or not, he responded that in regards to boy-girl relationship he hasn't given any thoughts, for his focus right now is on his education and studies on acting. 
  • Having a relationship is a fate thing so right now he doesn't have. 
  • About CP, he said its not created by him.

:grin:

I just randomly translate.  I have watched Ouyang Nana and Arthur's interviews too.  From what I could see, they aren't in a relationship at all.  Any CP fans of theirs only comes from their passions and imaginations that they fully wished both Arthur and Quyang Nana will become real in their relationship in real life.  But the fact is he's still not in any relationship.  He also mentioned this in one of the LOA clips I have watched.  Based on my experience of CP fans in the past, they really could convinced you even though in reality it isn't true.

• Thanks 2

Thanks heaps for your translation @dejun, so generous of you sparing some time to do it  :heart:. It's nice to read some of Arthur's thoughts in regards of his acting career. It's interesting to see that he's aware about his international fans, that he thinks all his fans must be able to see him in different roles and characters. About experience, my take on whatever you could get from his interview is that his seniors told him that he must accumulate experiences (including his own) to enrich his acting. I think it doesn't mean just acting experience but also life experience?

13 hours ago, tothestars said:

Reading cfy interviews are like reading articles about senior actor, how he respond, how he reply every question even the trickiest one, he handle them wisely and logically, never thought he just reached 20.

THIS! Agree totally. He handles the interviews professionally. 

I'll take Arthur's words that he's single, at least when he was asked about it. But I won't deny that I was quite taken away by their joint interviews and sightings.They seemed to be very comfortable with each other and have a lot in common all the way down to favorite musicians, hobbies, etc. Nana is friends with Alex and perhaps with Chen Hong too (on social media, at least). But they are still young, both are still in college, and busy in their respective career. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, caranita said:

I'll take Arthur's words that he's single, at least when he was asked about it. But I won't deny that I was quite taken away by their joint interviews and sightings.They seemed to be very comfortable with each other and have a lot in common all the way down to favorite musicians, hobbies, etc. Nana is friends with Alex and perhaps with Chen Hong too (on social media, at least). But they are still young, both are still in college, and busy in their respective career. 

Yes i think arthur and nana is more to best friend than couple, they share information, heart to heart talking, hobbies, even fashion, since they both has the same taste. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, caranita said:

About experience, my take on whatever you could get from his interview is that his seniors told him that he must accumulate experiences (including his own) to enrich his acting. I think it doesn't mean just acting experience but also life experience?

Yes, his teachers and seniors most probably revealed that to enrich his acting capabilities, he needs to gain more experience so he needed both acting and life experiences, in order that each role he plays will not come in conflict with his own personality in other words he's still a greenhorn at present.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tothestars said:

Insightful story about Arthur's experience in Ever Night shooting.

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/152593253.html?weibo_id=4514695027621026

1j85kkdfok336ofbpr9ilz3fu.jpg

Not every viewer will understand what Arthur went through whilst he was shooting for EN1.  I came across one comment from 1st viewer who gave negative comments about him and another viewer who replied this person about the hardships that he went through shooting EN1 who again responded to 2nd viewer that every actor will go through similar hardships like Arthur went through whenever they film a drama.  If that is true, why would there be such differences when it comes to high production with amazing cinematography and those that are average or low production without good cinematography?  It's so easy for viewers to discard an actor's hard work with great endurance just like that.  I'm now wondering if Dylan Wang went through the similar situation as Arthur. :unsure:

From Arthur's interview, he shared that he has to motivate himself time and time again so that he could finish filming well amidst his injuries that he has to bear silently then.  I suspect the reasons that made him persevere on is due to his love for this Ning Que role and in acting.  He said there were 2 roles he desires very much to play - one is Ning Que and the other should be Yu Huai.  I'm so happy that all his efforts was rewarded in the end. :smiley::heart::heart:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dejun said:

Not every viewer will understand what Arthur went through whilst he was shooting for EN1.  I came across one comment from 1st viewer who gave negative comments about him and another viewer who replied this person about the hardships that he went through shooting EN1 who again responded to 2nd viewer that every actor will go through similar hardships like Arthur went through whenever they film a drama.  If that is true, why would there be such differences when it comes to high production with amazing cinematography and those that are average or low production without good cinematography?  It's so easy for viewers to discard an actor's hard work with great endurance just like that.  I'm now wondering if Dylan Wang went through the similar situation as Arthur. :unsure:

Hmmm i believe every historical drama production will have difficulty and hardships for the actors who play in it. The differences when it comes to high budget production historical drama are:

1. One with amazing cinematography like you said, they will search and go to places which has the most resembles like in the novel are. This places mostly are so secluded, somewhere out there, and of course with so limited facilities. The production teams and actors will get through these in couple months.

2. One with great action, the team must be very demanding for achieving the best movement which resembles with the novel. The actor will get hardships from this, injury will occur anytime.

Like what we saw in both Legend of Awakening and Ever Night, i believe the hardships that Arthur had to experience would be different a lot.

The differences are also lie in the actor's ability and experiences. Like Cheng Xiao, she has dancing and athletic background, so she will have less hardships in the action choreography, different with Arthur. But since Arthur also had training from Ever Night, and he also like to gym, so it will give lesser hardships in LoA than in Ever Night.

So i believe yes every historical drama actor will have their hardships but in different level, depends on the high/low budget or depends on the actor him/her self. So we cant never discard actor's hardwork and hardships during production time. 

About Dylan Wang, i dont know much about his background, i just know his previous drama was only Meteor Garden which is modern drama, and he had pilot education or something related with aviation, which i believe he should like sport or gym like Arthur. What i know that EN2 is more in action than in EN1, but dont know whether they still use the same action team or not. So in action choreography, most likely DW will have the same hardships like Arthur in EN1. Talking cinematography, i believe they will go to the same places used in EN1. But since i havent watched EN2, so i dont know exactly about the scenes they had.

• Like 1
  • Love 1