[Drama 2019] The Devil Is Calling Your Name, 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때

larus

The actor Park Sung-woong is considering the appearance in the drama "When the devil calls your name".

2018092815234823968_1538115829.jpg

On 19th November, Park Seong-woong's agency, CJES Entertainment, said on Sports Today, "Park Sung-woong is reviewing his appearance in drama "When the devil calls your name."

"After the end of '100 million stars falling from the sky,' he will go on a promotional schedule for the movie "The Man Within"

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2018111917254463132

WOHOOOO... I know he is busy but I want him to accept and I have a feeling he will join ther drama. They did not say what role he has been offered but I think he will play the devil. I wanted a woman to play the part but  Park Sung Woong is perfect for the role. Yes!  Park Sung Woong and Jung Kyung Ho on screen again! Everyone is happy. The cast is going to be great. I like even the addition of newbie actress Lee Seol, who I like since watching her a little in Bad Detective/ Lee than evil stills/ teasers. 

From other articles, it seems that Park Sung-woong plays the top star actor and demon Mothae River, which is unmatched.

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2018111917254463132

I was right that he plays the devil. :w00t:  I bet they had in mind Park Sung Woong and Jung Kyung Ho duo when they start casting the actors for this drama.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Busy man indeed. I hope he accepts. Please. I'm hating his character is his current drama right now. I want him to accept this.

Oh wow Lee Seol too the lead actress in  Bad Detective/ Less than Evil. She really must be that good to have lead roles. I'm not familiar with her. But  I'll get a chance to see her in both dramas.

30 minutes ago, jongski said:

Busy man indeed. I hope he accepts. Please. I'm hating his character is his current drama right now. I want him to accept this.

I did not watch the last role in the drama '100 million stars falling from the sky" but I watch the Japanese version and I don`t remember hating a character there. I am sure he does a great job in his current drama and he will play a "baddie" again. A mischievous devil this time. :D

He will accept. He can not miss the opportunity to spend time with his new friend. He can`t do that to us either. 

Imagining their time together.... :wub:

526907_193014_431.jpg&key=3128d711ca3b0b

2018111901000978700072792.jpg

30 minutes ago, jongski said:

Oh wow Lee Seol too the lead actress in  Bad Detective/ Less than Evil. She really must be that good to have lead roles. I'm not familiar with her. But  I'll get a chance to see her in both dramas.

I had the same reaction. She must be that good! I already sense that from the little she appeared on screen. She  was cast for the lead female role after going through auditions involving 300 other contestants for Bad Detective/ Less Than Evil. She is good but olso so lucky to receive interesting roles. Good for her. She will play a psychopath woman but we will cheer for her and be against her in the same time. In tvN drama "When the devil calls your name" she will live an unlucky life and she falls in love with the person who caused involuntary her missfortune. yeah, I will look forward to see her in both shows. 

19 hours ago, larus said:

I did not watch the last role in the drama '100 million stars falling from the sky" but I watch the Japanese version and I don`t remember hating a character there. I am sure he does a great job in his current drama and he will play a "baddie" again. A mischievous devil this time. :D

He will accept. He can not miss the opportunity to spend time with his new friend. He can`t do that to us either. 

Imagining their time together.... :wub:

Yes! I hope PSW accepts the role~ LoM bromance lives onnnnn! Haha

• 3 weeks later...

Actress Lee El joins the tvN drama When The Devils Calls Your Name.

20181213112412928.jpg

A drama official said on the 13th December that, "Lee El decided to appear in drama When the devil calls your name."

'When the devil calls your name' is Occult Human Melody. The star composer who sold his soul to the devil and who enjoyed 10 years of youth and success, deals with the devil to extend his contract immediately before returning the soul. The soul is free when you take three copies of the soul sale contract of another person who has pledged to sell the soul. It begins the play of a lifetime in order to catch the soul that will salvage itself.

Lee El is going to act as a career woman to Soul Entertainment representative Ji Seo Young who made the star songwriter  (Google translation)

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11741896

The cast is shaping good. I can`t wait to watch the drama.

Wow i like lee seol! She did super good in less than evil! No wonder she keep getting this lead role. And her face kinda exotic for me, really suit this kind of genre tbh

Good luck for this drama! Thanks god it's gonna air in the first half of next year

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] The Devil Is Calling Your Name, 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때 - Jung Kyung Ho, Lee Seol and Lee El
10 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Agreed! Hopefully we get more info on the drama. I'm excited for JKH's return to the small screen. It feels like LoM finished ages ago~

I’m praying for JKH and PSW reunion!!! That would be just awesome!

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] The Devil Is Calling Your Name, 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때 - Jung Kyung Ho, Lee Seol and Lee El
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actress Son Ji-hyun has confirmed her appearance in 'When the Devil Calls Your Name'."

201901280812174110_1.jpg

Son Ji Hyun's role in the drama is her best friend of the heroine, Lee gyeong-ui/ Lee Kyung.

She will be ready to return to the small screen after about 10 months since the TV drama "Grand prince" was filmed in May last year.

http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2019012516340348643&VNS&pDepth=news&pDepth1=issue&pDepth2=exclusive

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201901280812174110

Son Ji Hyun To Join Jung Kyung Ho In Upcoming tvN Drama

by sala12
80caf62109404b4e8c1a01f3e4f8b399.jpeg?s=

Son Ji Hyun (formerly known as Nam Ji Hyun) will be starring in tvN’s upcoming drama “When the Devil Calls Your Name” (literal title)!

According to Newsen, a source from Son Ji Hyun’s agency Artist Company confirmed on January 28 that Son Ji Hyun will be taking on the project. She will be starring alongside Jung Kyung Ho, who was confirmed earlier to play the lead role.

“When the Devil Calls Your Name” is an occult human melodrama about Ha Lip (played by Jung Kyung Ho), a star composer who sold his soul. Before the expiry of his contract with the devil, he learns that the wealth and success he enjoyed was gained by stealing another girl’s talent and life. As he tries to fix his life as well as the lives of the girl and the people around him, he learns about the essence of life. The upcoming project will be directed by producing director (PD) Min Jin Ki.

Last year, Son Ji Hyun starred in TV Chosun’s “Grand Prince” and web drama “Monkey and Dog Romance.” She will be continuing her activities through “When the Devil Calls Your Name.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1299505wpp/son-ji-hyun-join-jung-kyung-ho-upcoming-tvn-drama

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1299505wpp/son-ji-hyun-join-jung-kyung-ho-upcoming-tvn-drama

Son Ji Hyun (formerly known as Nam Ji Hyun) will be starring in tvN’s upcoming drama “When the Devil Calls Your Name” (literal title)!

According to Newsen, a source from Son Ji Hyun’s agency Artist Company confirmed on January 28 that Son Ji Hyun will be taking on the project. She will be starring alongside Jung Kyung Ho, who was confirmed earlier to play the lead role.

“When the Devil Calls Your Name” is an occult human melodrama about Ha Lip (played by Jung Kyung Ho), a star composer who sold his soul. Before the expiry of his contract with the devil, he learns that the wealth and success he enjoyed was gained by stealing another girl’s talent and life. As he tries to fix his life as well as the lives of the girl and the people around him, he learns about the essence of life. The upcoming project will be directed by producing director (PD) Min Jin Ki.

Last year, Son Ji Hyun starred in TV Chosun’s “Grand Prince” and web drama “Monkey and Dog Romance.” She will be continuing her activities through “When the Devil Calls Your Name.”

1 hour ago, jongski said:

@larus Lee Seol. I'm impressed with her. She's still doing this drama, right? Happy to see her working alongside good actors after doing Less Than Evil.

Yes, she is doing the drama but we don`t have the official confirmation yet. We`ll see her in other dramas from now on.

5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Has PSW confirmed his appearance in this? I really hope he does it. I want to see Taejoo and Dongchul reunite~ ahaha

They did not confirm it officially either, but I am sure that we`ll see these two together in this drama. :P

Archived