[Drama 2019] The Devil Is Calling Your Name, 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때

larus

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch: Park Sung Woong Asks Jung Kyung Ho An Ominous Question In Teaser For Upcoming Drama

by J. Lim
0c34665f14264aeba4374cbb168a0186.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “When The Devil Calls Your Name” has released a second riveting teaser ahead of the show’s premiere.

“When The Devil Calls Your Name” is a fantasy drama starring Jung Kyung Ho and Park Sung Woong, where a songwriter sells his soul to the devil but tries to fix things once he uncovers that his wealth and success came at the cost of a young girl’s life.

The teaser begins with Ha Rip (played by Jung Kyung Ho) standing in front of a door in a room full of awards. Flames that engulfed the room subside away, and he walks through the door in front of him and enters a completely different location.

There, sitting on an ornate chair is the devil Ryu, who is inhabiting the body of top actor Mo Tae Gang (played by Park Sung Woong). He stands up and ominously says, “Mr. Seo, will you extend your contract?” The final moments are a close up of Ha Rip looking conflicted as a voiceover says, “I’ve made a deal with the devil.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1336926wpp/watch-park-sung-woong-asks-jung-kyung-ho-an-ominous-question-in-teaser-for-upcoming-drama

July 8 2019

4 character posters & teaser trailer #2 for tvN drama series “When the Devil Calls Your Name”

When_the_Devil_Calls_Your_Name-tp111.jpg

4 character posters & teaser trailer #2 added for upcoming tvN drama series “When the Devil Calls Your Name” starring Jung Kyoung-Ho and Park Sung-Woong. The four character posters features Jung Kyoung-Ho as songwriter Ha Rib, Park Sung-Woong as top actor/devil Mo Tae-Kang, Lee Seol as Kim Yi-Kyung and Lee El as blonde haired Ji Seo-Young.

Caption on Jung Kyoung-Ho’s character poster teases in Korean “My talent is mine, my wealth is mine, my spirit is mine.” Caption on Park Sung-Woong’s character poster states “The Devil lives off of human despair. Will you sell your spirit?” Caption the poster for Lee Seol states “That is mine. That is my song and not Ha Rib’s.” Lastly, caption on Lee El’s character poster states “Ex-boyfriend. He is disgustingly sexy.”

“When the Devil Calls Your Name” first airs July 31, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/4-character-posters-teaser-trailer-2-for-tvn-drama-series-when-the-devil-calls-your-name

Upcoming Fantasy Starring Jung Kyung Ho And Park Sung Woong Drops New Character Posters

by R. Jun
042f57e13c984c3f9e2a9cdab03b4ee4.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “When the Devil Calls Your Name” has revealed new character posters for the main cast.

The drama, starring Jung Kyung Ho, Park Sung Woong, Lee Seol, and Lee El, is a comic fantasy about a star songwriter named Ha Rip (played by Jung Kyung Ho) who sells his soul to the devil in exchange for success. However, when he finds out that the deal came at the price of the talent and life of a young girl, he tries to set things right.

The first poster features Jung Kyung Ho’s character before and after he sells his soul: the aged, unsuccessful singer Seo Dong Chun and the famous songwriter Ha Rip. The copy reads, “My talent is mine, my wealth is mine, and my soul is mine,” revealing his determination to not lose anything.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1337275wpp/upcoming-fantasy-starring-jung-kyung-ho-and-park-sung-woong-drops-new-character-posters

New character posters for tvN’s When the Devil Calls Your Name

by tccolb

201907081034008010_3_20190708103635264.jpg

New character posters have been released for tvN’s upcoming When the Devil Calls Your Name, featuring actors Jung Kyung-ho (Life on Mars), Park Sung-woong (Hundred Million Stars From the Sky), Lee Seol (Bad Detective), and Lee El (Matrimonial Chaos).

The fantasy comedy is centered around Jung Kyung-ho’s character, a star composer by the name of Ha Rib. The price he paid for his fame was steep– he literally sold off his soul in a deal with the devil. However, as the contract’s end date approaches, Ha Rib tries to re-negotiate the terms and starts a dangerous game in order to keep his life and soul. As the story unfolds, he discovers that his success was actually stolen. The devil had traded his life with the life of a talented young musician (played by Lee Seol). And as he tries to restore this musician’s life, as well as the lives of everyone around them, Ha Rib starts to learn life’s true value.

The newly released posters share a moody tone and give us a glimpse of each character’s personality. In Jung Kyung-ho’s poster, he looks at the camera defiantly. The caption reads, “My talent is mine, my wealth is mine, and my soul is mine as well!”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/new-character-posters-for-tvns-when-the-devil-calls-your-name/

@triplem Thanks for the shoutout... it's funny but I'm currently rewatching Life on Mars... heh... just because I felt like it.

Yes, I'll definitely look at this. Not as excited about it as I was about LoM but because PSW and JKH are a proven combination and JKH has had a good track record with his last two dramas, I will take the plunge. Not a big fan of the fantasy genre in general but always willing to make the exception if the story's interesting and the right people are in it. Still it's an adaptation of the Faust myth and it should be fun watching PSW play Mephistopheles. 

I thought this was supposed to be a comedy but it looks quite serious.

Jung Kyung Ho Walks The Line Between Fantasy And Comedy In Upcoming tvN Drama

Jul 19, 2019
by E. Cha
0e2e5edbbb654670b5faca31d6c56451.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “When the Devil Calls Your Name” has shared a new sneak peek of its star Jung Kyung Ho in character!

“When the Devil Calls Your Name” is an upcoming fantasy drama about a famous songwriter who sells his soul to the devil in exchange for success. However, after learning that his success came at the cost of the life and talent of a young girl, he sets out to make things right for her, himself, and those around him.

On July 19, the drama unveiled new stills of Jung Kyung Ho in his starring role as songwriter Ha Rip. Although Ha Rip is a handsome and talented musician who can make women swoon just by playing the guitar, there is also an entertaining comic side to the character.

One of the newly released stills shows Ha Rip sporting sunglasses and hilariously excessive shoulder pads under a chic trenchcoat, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to the reason behind his ridiculous outfit. Another photo captures Ha Rip looking unglamorous and irritable as he enjoys a cheap meal while wearing a scowl.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1339700wpp/jung-kyung-ho-walks-the-line-between-fantasy-and-comedy-in-upcoming-tvn-drama

I know everyone's excited about the main actors and bromance. Meanwhile  I'm excited for my current fav new actress Lee Seol. This only her  second drama after Less Than Evil.Gonn a see good acting from her.

D_YFkCzWkAAHOcq.jpg

4 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

What are you wearing?!

He looks like a vulture...

What the devil??!!!!

:P;) 

I've always been of the opinion that shoulder pads should be set on fire and banned... this ... I rest my case

Never thought that JKH could ever be accused of wardrobe malfunction.

(It's probably just a US grid iron uniform underneath) 

Archived