Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

7 hours ago, jelly said:

@ixxdhx81 I do agree that the writers of Start Up probably had no clue that KSH as HJP would receive this much love/praise from people/online. Expect the director lol, he adores KSH a lot! He even accommodated his schedule so he could film this show. About his past stories popping up, anything of note to share?

I definitely do agree that his 12 yrs of acting experience in theater has helped him tremendously. He can ab-lib quickly, can re-asses his acting to fit in with the other actors, and is meticulous about his craft as seen in The Swoon interview.

I still find it mind boggling how he would've just continued in theater if his mom, nor a free trip to Cebu changed his mind! He said that he actually got paid well for his work, and was content with it, and made a nice living off of it. Not sure how much, but enough to pay rent/food/clothing/etc. P.S: Is that car his in the pic with him at the salon?

@irilight HJP originally was written as a cold/serious character on paper. But KSH, said that it didn't fit in with a youth based feel. So he adapted HJP to fit in with the tone of the show. He made HJP more dimensional with his acting. I always hear that he stole the show from the ML's (Strongest Delivery Man/Two Cops).

I heard that he didn't sign up yet for Link, but is reviewing it. That was back in early Nov. He's doing a play from Jan-March 21st. Dude is going to be swamped!! The premise could either be surprisedly fun (Oh My Ghost) or like Abyss (Fun premise/meh execution). Either way, if this show bombs, it could mean that he won't get ML offers. But if it works out, he'll definitely blow up even more. This is a romance show too, so he needs a really strong female actress(es) I heard there's 2 females: One is his twin sis, & the other is a woman who comes into his life? So that aspect should be fun aha, 2 women in his life lol, cue the hijinks! @DonnaMae Seo Hyun-jin is rumored to be the FL in Link, tvN made a fan video of the two lol. Her, Moon Chae Won, Seo Ye Ji, Shin Min Ah, and similar sexy actresses would be fun for him to play off with. He's always been paired with younger talents, so someone his age or older is intriguing. I wonder how their banter will be.

As a fan, I am curious about one thing is where does he want to end up? I know he said he's doesn't dwell on the future. But does he want to be a star or an actor? Someone said he wanted to be a serious actor, but somewhere within Catch the Ghost time, he changed his mind? Or his agency pushed him to become one/join 2D1N? I know that he loves being on the show, but I wonder does he want to become the new Lee Seung-gi or is this a launching pad or sandbox for him until he gets to a place where he doesn't need to be on a variety show to promote himself? He's a hard worker no doubt, but between doing a play, variety, hosting, press, and etc. I worry about his mental/body stamina. Kang Ha Neul said that he needed to take a break after working a lot, because he needed time to reflect and re-asses himself. I worry that for KSH, he's just working into something w/o taking the time to properly rest, and he's going to get burnt out soon.

His acting skill was strong enough to work with the ml in Two Cops and he definitely did a way better job in the Delivery man. I think his passion is still in acting, to be a best actor than a celebrity. But sine he had moved beyond the theater world, he has to go with the system of the tv world. He is talented, so he can handle different genre. I don’t think he has the intention to be lee seungi in 2D1N. It was probably difficult to turn down the opportunity to be on such a popular variety show. The kbs director said they screened every comment, review, social media of the possible candidates before inviting them in this season. I remember a previous post mentioned that he cleaned up his Instagram, probably for this reason.
2D1N turns out to be a blessing for him, not so much in gaining popularity but for him to have fun and travel. With his traumatic childhood experience, he hardly travels and he must be quite lonely growing up. In the uncut clip of the “summer vacation” theme in 2D1N, he spent much longer time writing his thoughts about the vacation. He said something like “it was such a blessing to meet this group of friends and travel together as he grew up alone”! He truly treasure this friendship with this production and gives him the safe “support” to go traveling. He might be emotionally healed and be stronger through this program.
I do hope he and his agency will now be more selective in choosing projects. His acting is now solidly recognized through SU, and he has learned how much his body can handle between 2D1N and drama shooting schedules. He can be choosy and should know how to prioritize. I really hope he will be on the hospital playlist. We won’t know until the show is aired. The director always make it a secret, and he also leads a healthy shooting schedules.

To me, as long as KSH takes care of his health and has fun with whatever h is doing, that’s all the matter!

• Like 8

14 hours ago, jelly said:

As a fan, I am curious about one thing is where does he want to end up? I know he said he's doesn't dwell on the future. But does he want to be a star or an actor? Someone said he wanted to be a serious actor, but somewhere within Catch the Ghost time, he changed his mind? Or his agency pushed him to become one/join 2D1N? I know that he loves being on the show, but I wonder does he want to become the new Lee Seung-gi or is this a launching pad or sandbox for him until he gets to a place where he doesn't need to be on a variety show to promote himself? He's a hard worker no doubt, but between doing a play, variety, hosting, press, and etc. I worry about his mental/body stamina. Kang Ha Neul said that he needed to take a break after working a lot, because he needed time to reflect and re-asses himself. I worry that for KSH, he's just working into something w/o taking the time to properly rest, and he's going to get burnt out soon.

hi @jelly :)

An actor shining brilliantly as a star.

At his newfound popularity, cfs are coming in automatically. Hosting/MCing too. His star power is climbing new heights. Most of all, lovecalls for drama and film projects. :wub:

Joining 2D1N was a smart move by Seonho and his label. I guess, the variety offer was unexpected yet challenging on his part. It was an avenue where he can show more of his real self. Viewers as much as himself are enjoying the show plus he gained supportive friends.

Recently, Seonho made the record straight re: his commitment in 2D1N. 

“Thank you to everyone who sent support after I cried on the show. I actually cried again as I read your comments. There are a lot of you who are asking me not to leave,” the actor said. “I will be here longer than these people. I will endure it to the end and stay here.”

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/kim-seon-ho-makes-sweet-promise-to-stay-on-2-days-1-night-season-4/ 

It seems there's no rest period for Seonho. He's prolly started rehearsals now for his play, 'ICE', which will run on Jan-Mar, while 'Link' was reportedly aired in 1st half of 2021. 

At the moment, no official confirmation yet for 'LINK' so i guess we have to worry about his condition when that time comes ;) It really depends on him if he wants to do it. SALT will support him all the way.

• Like 2

Hello! First time posting here! Was searching for a community for this lovely man and found my way here. I’ve been watching kdramas for a while now and this is the first time I’ve been so impressed and ‘crazy’ about an actor! He seems very real and down to earth and I’m so curious about how he overcame his trauma from childhood. 

I love his HJP character in Start Up, I just wished there were more scenes of him. His acting was so nuanced and he really brought the character to life. I first know of him through crazy in love. He was really attractive in the short drama and amazing chemistry with the female lead. 

Because of him I picked up 2 days 1 night again. So glad I did. 

I wish him all the best and I echo sentiments about him doing a show with the reply series/hospital playlist people. Imagine him with Jung Kyung Ho and the likes :wub:

Can’t wait for his next project! I hope he gets a good script and a meaty role! 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, sanghyuk said:

I do hope he and his agency will now be more selective in choosing projects. His acting is now solidly recognized through SU, and he has learned how much his body can handle between 2D1N and drama shooting schedules. He can be choosy and should know how to prioritize.

Spoiler

I really hope he will be on the hospital playlist. We won’t know until the show is aired. The director always make it a secret, and he also leads a healthy shooting schedules.

To me, as long as KSH takes care of his health and has fun with whatever h is doing, that’s all the matter!

Well said @sanghyuk

5 hours ago, jelly said:

I do agree that he wants to be an actor, but you know, agencies like to create stars, and I can tell by putting in 2D1N/hosting/other stuff, that they see potential in him as a Hallyu star. Which I feel doesn't suit KSH's personality. I don't know if he can handle the invasive/toxicity of being a star entails. He's a sensitive guy, so I do worry a bit since he said after he heard bad reviews during his play, he got depressed and started walking 5 hours by himself :( 

I can feel that Kim Seonho is borderline Hallyu already :D He's all over the media, thanks to Netflix, the drama had reached a lot of countries compared before. It's a matter of few more projects before he dives into full blown Hallyu status. He cannot avoid it even if he concentrates into acting. People will only get more into him growing in numbers day by day. The most his agency can do to push him as Hallyu, is held online FMs due to CoVID. 

• Like 3

These days, the romantic korean drama just don't do well, especially those that don't have a strong story plot. The writer of Link had suspicious partner and to me, it was just so so! The general outline of Link seems so weak. Either the story primarily focuses on the mysterious separation of the twins and the journey that they find each other and romance the secondary plot, or the other way round. If they focus on romance, what is to write about? The FL keeps comforting him every time the ML goes through emotional ups and downs?! I don't want to explicity say whether KSH should take this drama but hope he will be selective. The theatrical play seems to giving him a better platform to utilize his acting skills. 

I also wonder about his whole family getting proper psychological treatment on this trauma. The concept to see psychologist back then might not be well accepted back. He gets so anxious easily with noise and presumptive tackles in 2D1N. He got on a plane at age 32 because of family crisis. It's interesting that someone brought up Kang Ha Neul. He also has some problems flying. Perhaps because of their anxiety, they find comfort and strength in acting, and their acting skills are exemplary. I love them both very much as I believe their parents did an excellent job in raising them to be respectful, well-mannered, and humble people. You can tell from the voice of KSH's father that he is a gentle, loving, and well-mannered man. They are regular people who love acting and find healing through acting. It's fantastic that they reach stardom in this entertainment business.

I am sure KSH knows how to handle all these attention and set boundaries. He has a strong value and principle. He once told his fans not to get him any gifts because he felt the burden. He never told his fans the brands of stuff he uses. As fan we should simply support him and also respect him.

SALT seems to be a fair, respectful agency. They don't exploit their staff like some others which i don't remember the names. I guess we can always write to his agency if we feel that he is overworked! :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Current Variety - 1N2D Season 4

Waahhh. Great discussion here!

Kinda busy right now. I'll edit and join the discussion later. I'll share how he was in theater, how passionate he was when doing the play and acting.

10 hours ago, sanghyuk said:

It looks like he won't do the Link drama based on this interview?!

Still no confirmation yet. He through his agency salt, said that he'll carefully looking at the script first. Rumour said the drama will air in July. The play "Ice" will be finished in March 2021.

UPDATE! Hehe..

On 12/8/2020 at 7:56 AM, jelly said:

P.S: Is that car his in the pic with him at the salon?

Not sure if it's his car or not. He's back living with his parents after 2 years away (anyone who hopes Seon ho to appear on I live alone, I am so sorry.. We couldn't see him right now. Hehe). As I know he owns a vespa scooter. You can see he's following a vespa store on Instagram. I forget what color, if you want to to know.. I think you can see the post one by one. Hehe.

Seo Hyun-jin is rumored to be the FL in Link, tvN made a fan video of the two lol.

me and @irilight we discussed about it. As we know SHJ already booked for another drama with Yoon Kye Sang. The about SHJ rumored came from theqoo. The Knetz were making collage photos of them from their dramas and even with just pictures the chemistry is great so they're hoping SHJ can meet in a drama. I also found that Knetz wanted Park Min Young since both of them are same age. For me, if I could choose I want him to act with someone older or same age with him. I also surprised that the Diggle-Tvn created fake MV of SHJ and Seon Ho.

Add fun fact: PMY and Park Jin Joo came watching Seon Ho's play Memory in Dream last January. Actually she was coming to support SH's co-star Seo Ye Hwa.

23 hours ago, sanghyuk said:

His acting skill was strong enough to work with the ml in Two Cops and he definitely did a way better job in the Delivery man.

As a fan, I am curious about one thing is where does he want to end up?

About his debut on national TV.

I think we all already know about one of the reasons why he debuted on national TV. His mom. Another reason is because the KBS PD asked him to do audition. Seon Ho is a timid person, he said it himself. It can be because his trauma, but he said it also because he took after his Mom. In Good Manager he actually auditioned for different role, but the PD decided him to play Seon Sang Tae. Actually it's also happened to his 2 others drama. Strongest Deliveryman, he wasn't the first choice to play Oh Jin Kyu the first choice was Jang Mi Kwan (if you watch Strong Girl Do Bong Soon - he acted as the villain), but he got it. For two cops he also wasn't the first choice to play Gong Soo Chang, the first choice was Choi Woo Sik, but he got the role and even got 2 awards at MBC drama awards.

His goal is never popularity. He only want to act better and better and become an actor who his co-stars, writers, PDs want to work together again with him.

On 12/8/2020 at 9:59 AM, gayyoxx said:

If he gained international recognition now I think it’s because in Start Up, he had the opportunity to show a more complex character as HJP. Personally, I was captivated by his mastery of micro expressions when playing HJP. Maybe he has improved his acting or maybe the role of HJP tugged something in his heart but I felt his emotions poured out strongly

First time I knew him, I dig little bit deeper about him. That time I believed he will become bigger someday, he only need a momentum to become big. I am little bit surprised when many of his old interviews pooping out. I need the help from the translation apps, but these days I can find his articles in English easily. Hehe. As his father wishes, he wanted Seon Ho to become an actor who always improving his acting skill or and even his variety skill. He even called himself brand new actor - take a note. 12 years of acting experience but still call himself a rookie. He never stop learning. He will never. The director of his upcoming play likes this attitude, that's why he got casted. Seon Ho never forget the reason he's doing the act.

16 hours ago, rori0711 said:

It seems there's no rest period for Seonho.

He's a very passionate actor indeed. If you know how he was in theater.. In 2016 he did 6 plays non-stop. Imagine! 6 plays in just a year. True west and rooftop are not new play for him he did those two before 2016, but the other 4 (VOM, Closer, Spider woman, Almost Maine) are new. 

11 hours ago, sanghyuk said:

I don't want to explicity say whether KSH should take this drama but hope he will be selective. The theatrical play seems to giving him a better platform to utilize his acting skills. 

He once said (I forget where he said it) he's not someone who's on that level to reject offering project. But considering he's on demand right now.. Yes. I hope too he will be selective in choosing his new project. Believe me.. He'll never forget his root, his home.. The theater stage.

8 hours ago, jelly said:

As for 2D1N, it's fascinating to me b/c he said he wanted to be a long term actor, so he wasn't going to do variety. Then he changed his mind after Catch the Ghost (I guess his agency pushed him to do it?)

I don't think his agency pushed him to do it. The PD of 2D1N S4 made sure to do a background check for the new members. Just like the SU PD said, he knew many people in theater world.. And I believe many people always saying Seon Ho's name. That's why he caught Bang PD's attention - remember how he got the role for Good Manager (it's KBS PD). That time he also discussed with MGY, sharing about how she did documentary show about penguin. I think it helped opening his view about 2D1N and decided to do it. Funny, actually in interview after Two Cops ended he said he believe he could do variety show which need some physical strength like Running Man or Infinity Challenge. But we all know in 2D1N he often got teased by the members saying he is weak.

8 hours ago, jelly said:

so I hope he'll switch to a bigger one in the future so he can debut in film!!

Hmm. This will be difficult. Seon Ho is a loyal man. If it wasn't because the director of SYEnt "kicked" him out from the company, he wouldn't be under SALT now. I think SALT is good enough for him. In 2D1N he said he loved his agency so much. Just wait, I think the offer will come to him someday.

8 hours ago, jelly said:

Dating stuff too! 

LOL. I once wrote about it, but I deleted and edited the post. I decided to respect his private life.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jelly said:

Do you still believe KSH is a timid/shy person?

He's still a timid/shy person, but I think he overcome it little by little. He opened up himself to other. I think you'll never see him following someone first on IG. LOL. I read somewhere asking why KSH didn't follow NJH but the other cast. It's because NJH didn't follow KSH first. No hard feeling between them.

19 minutes ago, jelly said:

Speaking of, do you go to the quoo/Naver and such to get this information? It seems you know a lot of his early days to now.

Yes. Mostly I got it from Naver. In 2017 I searched his name a lot on Naver, the article about his trauma and his Mom, his play, his education background, etc.

22 minutes ago, jelly said:

As for 2D1N, I think part of it was Salt/himself. I remember he gave an interview a yr ago, where he said people say he's a funny guy and etc.,and gotten offers for variety but he wanted to act for a really long time, so he didn't want to join a variety program. He's def. not weak know, ahem, have you seen his build now lol? Someone's been working out. 

I think the decision he joining 2D1N was coming from many ways. Discussion with SALT, the other actors who he's working with, or maybe also with his family. On his first vlive before the broadcast of waikiki2 a fan asked him to do variety show, he said if the opportunity came he'll think about it.

Yes. He's taking a good care of his body. LOL.

26 minutes ago, jelly said:

Oh SYEnt, lol they kicked him out? I guess he wasn't bringing them what they wanted? I found it fascinating how the push to TV started out due to Chief Kim's casting agent/his own mom. Dude was content with just acting in plays for a long time. 

They kicked him out in good way. They wanted Seon Ho under better management so he could be bigger and also broaden his opportunity in acting / entertainment. His mom got the worried if acting in theater was enough for him. You know, some people need a recognition. That time a KBS PD / writer came to watch his play and asked him to do audition. Lee Dong Hwi and Kwon Hyuk Soo are his motivation as well, they are also the alumni of Seoul Institute of Art. The article mentioned their name, but idk if they are best friends or not. I remember in the article he said when he met with his friend, his friend said doing a lot of audition but failed. Seon Ho thought that time let's enjoy the theater life for now. He was indeed has a lot of worries. Thanks GOD he decided to move from his comfort zone. and voila! He made it..!

39 minutes ago, jelly said:

I saw a lipstick ad back in 2014 he did, and I was wondering if that was his ex.

No. That wasn't his ex. Hehe..

He's the type who will definitely adore his GF and want to take a risk.

41 minutes ago, jelly said:

I hope its a great actress who can work head to head with him.

I am really looking forward to his future leading lady.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Hmm. This will be difficult. Seon Ho is a loyal man. If it wasn't because the director of SYEnt "kicked" him out from the company, he wouldn't be under SALT now. I think SALT is good enough for him. In 2D1N he said he loved his agency so much. Just wait, I think the offer will come to him someday.

Seriously, how could they let go of this gem? Good thing Seonho is in SALT now. They are small company but they put value on healthy management by a well balanced artistic profession and personal lives.  

Spoiler

In 2020, SALT family #ParkShinHye #KimSeonHo #KimJooHeon showed off the most notable performances on the screen.

ParkShinHye with Alive and Call

KimSeonHoo with 1N2D season 4 and Start Up

KimJooHeon with Dr. Romantic 2, It's Okay to Not Be Okay and DoDoSolSolLaLaSol.

SALT also signed an exclusive contract with Kim Jiwon, earlier this year. An ent source said, the characteristic of Salt actors is that they have been recognized for their acting skills first and gained star quality. They were caught in the water with a quietly strong agency.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/241/0003074436?lfrom=twitter 

Music to our ears :please:

• Like 3

@jelly @rori0711 wait.. I think you all misunderstood with the word "kick him out" the director told him to go to SALT so he could be managed by better agency. SYEnt is just a small agency Seon Ho stayed there for long time, but because he debuted on tv he needed better management so it's better to let him go.

2 hours ago, jelly said:

So you're saying it wasn't his ex, but his actual rl gf rn?

LOL. No. The woman in the lipstick cf was actress not his gf.

Attention!

Seonhohada fan cafe has been caught in some.. hmm.. scandal(?) idk what to call it. Today, the cafe manager and SALT added new rule - banning the members mentioning name of other actors / actress in the fan cafe. Gah! The higher the tree is, the stronger the wind is. Seonho is busy with work but this new fans!!! Arrrrrrggggghhhh!!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ixxdhx81 said:

@jelly @rori0711 wait.. I think you all misunderstood with the word "kick him out" the director told him to go to SALT so he could be managed by better agency. SYEnt is just a small agency Seon Ho stayed there for long time, but because he debuted on tv he needed better management so it's better to let him go.

thanks for clearing up! Awww...Park Shinhye was 'kicked out' too by Dream Factory, her very first label becoz it's more of a music based. I'm glad that these 2 actors are reaping their hardwork, stayed humble and we hear nothing but good words from PDs and fellow artist. :tears: 

• Like 3

On 12/5/2020 at 6:17 AM, rocher22 said:

Kim Seon Ho won the model star award at Asia Model Award 2020 ...

@rocher22:hooray2: How awesome is that... Just perfect for "Pretty Boy."

On 12/5/2020 at 1:22 AM, ixxdhx81 said:

Glad he could hear something like that from Kim Hae-Sook.

Thank you @ixxdhx81. Now I can look forward to their next project together!
Also, thank you for letting us know about his upcoming music video.:wub:

On 12/6/2020 at 7:27 AM, rori0711 said:

I recently like Seonho due to 2D1N, haven't seen any of his drama yet

@rori0711, welcome to Kim Seon-Ho thread :)
I am in opposite position. I have seen his many of his Drama, but I have not seen 2D1N. I have only recently started watching it with @petra's suggestion.

On 12/7/2020 at 4:56 PM, jelly said:

HJP originally was written as a cold/serious character on paper. But KSH, said that it didn't fit in with a youth based feel. So he adapted HJP to fit in with the tone of the show. He made HJP more dimensional with his acting. I always hear that he stole the show from the ML's (Strongest Delivery Man)

@jelly, yes. I read that too.   Now, I cannot imagine HJP any different.  Yes, he was the only reason I watched "Strong Deliveryman" to the end.  I still have to watch "Two Cops."

On 12/7/2020 at 4:56 PM, jelly said:

I heard that he didn't sign up yet for Link, but is reviewing it.

Yes. I think you are right. Frankly, I am torn about "Link." Everyone talks that it comes from scriptwriter of "Suspicious Partner." To be honest, I love the cast of "Suspicious  Partner," but I did not like the Drama.  So much so, that I dropped it half way, despite loving the cast.  Maybe I need to give it another try.... I liked her Drama "Protect the Boss" really for Ji Sung and Jaejoong.  She is not a writer I'll jump up and down to see her Drama, but maybe she can do a better job for tvN.  I like most of tvN's productions. I just do not want KSH to be in a mediocre Drama after his success in "Startup."

You raise some important questions about him.. Where he wants to add up.  I do agree with you that he needs to take the time to re-evaluate after the success of "Start Up."  What he does/chooses next - is very important. I hope he chooses well.  I think most of the actors I like and follow, - have shown us that their success comes from their talent of doing a great job, but also from choosing their projects well. And the opposite is true too. I know of excellent actors who ruined their careers by choosing poorly.

@rocher22 thank you for updates on his followers, and also for the teaser of the music video.  :hooray2:

On 12/7/2020 at 5:14 AM, millymoos said:

and I wanna thank @irilight who first made this thread. woaa I've ever been so thrilled to become part of seonhohada ><

@millymoos hello, and welcome to Kim Seon-Ho's thread. We are thrilled to have you here with us too :).   I did not start the thread. It was our dear Triplem who did, but she left Soompi and I inherited the thread from her.
I love your gif :wub:

Below is his Netflix interview with English subs

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, jelly said:

Did you see this? Ahaha. He couldn't look at her. Shy boi.

This is so endearing. I wish I could understand what they are saying here. 

Thank you everyone for sharing information about him and his videos. I love watching his videos as he is so authentic and there is a quality of candidness and rawness to him. I like that he is nervous in the interviews and that he is not completely polished in his replies. Makes him very much more relatable and real.

I like Seo Hyun Jin and I think KSH and her together would be amazing. Hopefully they will get to work together some day. 

@ixxdhx81 you seem really knowledgeable about him. Have you seen his plays before? I would love to watch one, if only I can understand the language. Also, what was the ?scandal about? I hope it is not related to Dosan vs Ji Pyeong fan war. 

• Like 3

On 12/8/2020 at 12:42 AM, sanghyuk said:

I do hope he and his agency will now be more selective in choosing projects. His acting is now solidly recognized through SU, and he has learned how much his body can handle between 2D1N and drama shooting schedules. He can be choosy and should know how to prioritize....

@sanghyukI am with you on both counts.

On 12/8/2020 at 2:25 AM, jelly said:

I hope once Covid-19 settles down, that some magazine can send him to do a photoshoot in Europe lol!

@jelly, I hope that if he chooses to do so he can also be in quality movies, and possibly visit various International movie festivals in that capacity.  Some of the best actors in Korea are those who chose both Drama and movies.

On 12/8/2020 at 8:10 AM, 7psyche7 said:

Hello! First time posting here! Was searching for a community for this lovely man and found my way here. I’ve been watching kdramas for a while now and this is the first time I’ve been so impressed and ‘crazy’ about an actor!

@7psyche7, hello and welcome to Kim Seon-Ho thread. I am glad you found us. :)

On 12/8/2020 at 8:10 AM, 7psyche7 said:

He was really attractive in the short drama and amazing chemistry with the female lead. 

@7psyche7 I loved his short Drama "You Drive Me Crazy." I agree about Lee Yoo-Young. I remember that she received Best Actress Award in Int'l Film Festival in Milan for her very first film "Late Spring," and I was looking her up to find out more about her.   I think "You Drive Me Crazy" may have been the first project she picked after the tragic accidental death of her fiance - Kim Ju-Hyeok.

22 hours ago, sanghyuk said:

I don't want to explicity say whether KSH should take this drama but hope he will be selective. The theatrical play seems to giving him a better platform to utilize his acting skills. 

@sanghyuk, I agree with you. I just do not know what/if there are any repercussions in saying "no" to tvN.  I think/hope that tvN will be on top of the production, and hence the Drama has a chance to be better than this writer's previous works... (Crossing my fingers here.).  I also think that KSH would be better choosing for his next project a Drama with a Cable company again  (Hopefully either tvN or JTBC), not only because they tend to be of better quality , but also they have a better chance of landing on Netflix.  History has shown us that once someone is given a chance to be a lead, that chance is not taken away even if their first leading role was not outstanding, or if subsequent leading roles are not outstanding.  (I know of several leading actors/actresses that I often wonder how did they get a leading role and why they are continuing to get them.)   I think what I am trying to say is that there may be politics involved in turning down an offer  from tvN, esp. at this time in his career. And I may be wrong.

Thank you for the subbed CNN Indonesia interview.   I find it interesting that he pointed out his role in "You Drive me Crazy," and the most recent one of HJP in Startup, which hold special place in his heart.  I love this interview. He seems like such an easy going person.

20 hours ago, jelly said:

I would like to see him on Radio Star, Three Days A Meal, and Traveler in the future too. 

@jelly, I'd like to add to your list  "Law of the Jungle."

20 hours ago, jelly said:

I just don't think Hallyu star with its limits, invasiveness, and pressure are a good suit for KSH imo. I rather him become an A List leading man like his role model Jo Jung-suk. Someone that gets main leading offers, but is low-key in rl, and stays clear of scandals. Nam Goong Min is another good choice too, they worked in Chief Kim together, and he's another versatile strong leading man. 

I think it depends how he reacts to the media.  There are many Halyu stars who are able to do very well (i.e. Ha Jung-Woo, Won Bin, Choi Min-Shik, Hyun Bin, Park Hae-Jin, Park Seo-Joon - just to name a few. 

I love Namgoong Min, and he is much in demand now (and rightfully so) for Kdrama. But he does not have an impressive movie resume (yet). At the same time, he knows how to keep his boundaries. I remember when the press asked him about his girlfriend in an interview, and he answered something to the effect that was a private matter, and he will  not entertain questions on that subject.

18 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Strongest Deliveryman, he wasn't the first choice to play Oh Jin Kyu the first choice was Jang Mi Kwan (if you watch Strong Girl Do Bong Soon - he acted as the villain), but he got it. For two cops he also wasn't the first choice to play Gong Soo Chang, the first choice was Choi Woo Sik, but he got the role and even got 2 awards at MBC drama awards.

His goal is never popularity. He only want to act better and better and become an actor who his co-stars, writers, PDs want to work together again with him.

@ixxdhx81He won those roles over excellent established actors. That's quite a feat.  I also think his goal as you stated, and as I heard him say that too, is a great goal, and a testament to the kind of guy he is.

18 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

In 2016 he did 6 plays non-stop. Imagine! 6 plays in just a year. True west and rooftop are not new play for him he did those two before 2016, but the other 4 (VOM, Closer, Spider woman, Almost Maine) are new. 

@ixxdhx81, that is so impressive.  How does he do that?  Does he not need time for himself, and to be with his family....!

BTW - all this time, I thought you knew/spoke Korean...   :). And yes, I do realize we can go on Naver and translate the articles.

8 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Today, the cafe manager and SALT added new rule - banning the members mentioning name of other actors / actress in the fan cafe. Gah! The higher the tree is, the stronger the wind is. Seonho is busy with work but this new fans!!! Arrrrrrggggghhhh!!!

@ixxdhx81, I think it is a great new rule.  He does not need this type of scandal. Esp. as we know - he always has nothing but good things to say about his fellow actors, and production staff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Korean actor Kim Seon-ho surges in popularity as K-drama ‘Start-up’ airs final episode

Thanks to the Korean drama “Start-up,” Korean actor Kim Seon-ho has become one of the hottest stars.

The 34-year-old star has experienced a surge in popularity in Korea and abroad for playing the role of Han Ji-pyeong in “Start-up,” which also starred Bae Suzy, Nam Joo-hyuk and Kang Han-na.

“Start-up,” which aired on tvN, premiered at No. 1 on the ratings on cable TV on Oct. 17 and maintained its top ranking until episode 14, garnering the highest of 5.42 percent for episode 5. Its 16th and final episode on Dec. 6 garnered nationwide ratings in South Korea of 5.18 percent (part 1, second place) and 4.84 percent (part 2, third place), according to Nielsen Korea.

It also aired on Netflix where the show ranked No. 1 in several countries including the Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and South Korea, according to FlixPatrol. It ranked ninth among top Netflix TV shows in November and eight as of Dec. 6.

Kim Seon-ho’s popularity reflected on his Instagram account where he gained almost two million followers in a span of a little over a month. Kim Seon-ho’s Instagram followers reached 3 million on Dec. 5, from 1.08 million last Nov. 3, or an increase of 1.92 million followers, based on Social Blade stats.

Fans celebrated his Instagram milestone by trending the hashtag #KimSeonHo3Mparty on Twitter on Dec. 5. As of Dec. 7, Kim Seon-ho has 3.16 million followers on Instagram.

Because of “Start-up,” Kim Seon-ho surged to the No. 1 ranking on the brand reputation index for drama actors for November.

KimSeonHo3-2.jpg

Kim Seon-ho (from left) in “Start-up,” his Instagram posts and winning an acting award at the Asia Artist Awards 2020. (Instagram, tvN)

The ranking, released by the Korea Corporate Research Institute, analyzed 119.14 million pieces of big data of 50 actors who appeared on dramas from Oct. 28 to Nov. 28.

Kim Seon-ho grabbed the No. 1 with a score of 6.02 million while co-star Nam Joo-hyuk placed second with 5.78 million followed by Lee Dong-wook, 5.5 million; actress Park Ha-sun, 4.13 million; and actress Uhm Ji-won, 4.02 million.

In ranking No. 1, Kim Seon-ho had a score of 2.27 million in participation index, 1.47 million in media index, 1.15 million in communication index and 1.11 million in community index. According to the institute, Kim Seon-ho’s positive ratio in the ranking was 81.4 percent.

Kim Seon-ho started his entertainment career in the theater where he acted in plays. He made his TV acting debut in the drama “Good Manager” in 2017. His other drama credits include “Strongest Deliveryman,” “Two Cops,” “You Drive Me Crazy,” “100 Days My Prince,” “Welcome to Waikiki 2” and “Catch the Ghost.”

For “Two Cops,” he won best new actor and excellence award at the 36th MBC Drama Awards in 2017 and recently, he received the Best Emotive Award at the Asia Artist Awards 2020.

He signed an exclusive contract with Salt Entertainment in September 2018 and became a regular cast member in season 4 of the Korean TV variety show “2 Days & 1 Night,” which started airing in December last year.

After “Start-up,” Kim Seon-ho will star in the play “Ice” slated to run from January to March next year at Sejong S Theater in Seoul.

source

• Like 4

6 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

Also, what was the ?scandal about? I hope it is not related to Dosan vs Ji Pyeong fan war. 

Maybe this could help explaining the situation. I am afraid they're actually the antis from the ML, but jump on the bandwagon and join SH naver fan cafe and pretend to be one of Seonhohada.

84336490e03fe24b02f1c96f54cb4b3ed38d9225

1 hour ago, irilight said:

BTW - all this time, I thought you knew/spoke Korean...   :). And yes, I do realize we can go on Naver and translate the articles.

Hehe.. I took Korean class, but not really going well with my mood. LOL. I only last until level 4.

1 hour ago, irilight said:

@ixxdhx81, I think it is a great new rule.  He does not need this type of scandal. Esp. as we know - he always has nothing but good things to say about his fellow actors, and production staff.

IKR. He always give credit to the people around him. I am afraid because he often visit the fan cafe to read what the fans write. Imagine if he read the negative comments about his co-stars or staff who work with him. Hope, the fans will be more careful and mindful when write something in the fan cafe.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Imagine if he read the negative comments about his co-stars or staff who work with him. Hope, the fans will be more careful and mindful when write something in the fan cafe.

@ixxdhx81 he'd be horrified...
Some of these fans take these "shipping wars" to a personal level....  They have to realize that what they say and how they act reflects on him.   smh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6ffe747dbb7244b781e47335bdde9f0c.jpeg?s=

Kim Seon Ho Talks About His Character In “Start-Up,” Relating To The Story, And More

Kim Seon Ho recently participated in a written interview with Sports Chosun following the end of the tvN drama “Start-Up.”

Although the actor had appeared in several dramas prior to his role in “Start-Up,” his popularity shot up after viewers were drawn to his character, Han Ji Pyeong.

Kim Seon Ho said, “I don’t act in any project with the expectation that I’ll become popular. I’ve never even imagined something like this. Until recently, I found it hard to believe that so many people could be showing me interest and support. I wanted to do well in ‘Start-Up’ because I really liked the character Han Ji Pyeong.”

He added, “Around the final episode of ‘Start-Up,’ fans would leave so many comments on Instagram saying things like, ‘Seon Ho, you’re doing well right now.’ I read over these comments after the final episode ended and it was moving to the point of tears. I had a lot of thoughts while working on the project, but I gained strength from knowing that a lot of people were cheering me on.”

“Start-Up” is about young people in their twenties as they pursue their dreams of entering the Sandbox, the fictional Korean equivalent of Silicon Valley. Kim Seon Ho said, “I relate to the youths in the drama. No matter who you are, your twenties are an awkward but passionate time. I was also like that. I didn’t have a lot of experience when I first started working, but I had so much passion that I wanted to try everything. I didn’t have anything concrete planned out, but I really wanted to act. After I graduated from university, I wanted to act in plays, so I threw myself into it heart and soul. I started with nothing, but I was just happy to be acting. Instead of being anxious about the future, I found a quiet sort of happiness. Of course, there were times when I felt despair. But I think of those times as opportunities. When I started to have a lot of doubts, I would pause and think about what direction I wanted to go in, reset my goals, and take on new challenges. I believe that for everyone, there will be a moment when despair turns into a new opportunity.”

Kim Seon Ho also addressed his work on “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4.” He said, “There were people who were concerned that it would be really difficult physically and mentally for me to do a play right after a drama and that I would be stepping down from ‘2 Days & 1 Night.’ But just like we started together, I want to go to the end with these members. As long as the members stay with ‘2 Days & 1 Night,’ I think I’ll stay with them.”

source

• Like 3
  • Love 1

So, according to this twitter account, Ji Pyeong's gentle manner hand over Dal Mi is actually an adlib by Seon Ho. He did it "unconsciously". There are other adlibs that Seon Ho told us he had done during interviews. As far as I know, those adlibs were well-received. The adlibs added nuances to Han Ji Pyeong and made fans fell in love with HJP's character more than (maybe everyone) had foreseen.

For me, these kind of adlibs shows Seon Ho's ability to interpret his character and portray the character genuinely. For comparison, Jo Jung Suk, whom Seon Ho starred Two Cops with, is also well known for his adlibs. Hopefully Seon Ho's next project also involve PD and writers who have faith in his interpretation and allow him to do adlibs. It would be great to see him keep on growing and growing!

For the incident that involved some of his (new?) fans, well, I guess some fans are carried away with the shipping war. They need to stop, IMHO. Regardless with their (mine as well) dissatisfaction with HJP's ending in SU, SU had given the opportunity for Seon Ho to shine. Also, we need to differentiate between characters in drama with the actors/actresses portraying them. Bashing actors/actresses, whom Seon Ho publicly praised and they apparently also fond of him (see Suzy's hug him after ending their scene), because of disliking their characters is just plain silly.

It's better for us, his fans, to focus on positive vibe and on promoting his future projects. Like, the fans can promote for his new MV. I can't wait for it! Those few seconds of his smile in the teaser video already promised me something great!   

• Like 5

Hi, a new Seon Ho fan here :D. I first saw him through catch the ghost but Start Up is the one that really got me into him. I was so surprised upon reading his interview today. He seems so grounded and humble and makes me stan him even more.

Btw about the incident, sadly I saw some of the co star stan acc brought up this issue. It kinda frustrating to me specially knowing he did nothing but saying good things about his co stars. On the other hand, maybe those so called fans who batmouthed the co-stars are actually their antis disguised as Seon Ho fans. But after the article mentioning "be careful with your head manner" is actually not written in the script but his reflect,  I saw some of Suzy fans acknowledge that Seon Ho is actually a good boy in real life. Yes there will always be bad apples in each fandom. Hopefully this incident reminds us to always be careful with our words and won't affect anything to him.

Btw saw another the swoon content about Seon Ho today. The Swoon is really whipped about him.

• Like 2