Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

@nohamahamoud2002 Roo-da's intact memories (or partial memory loss) would still tie her to Joon-ho, unfortunately. 

Aw man I need to grab some chocolate to buoy me up this week. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Hyun-Jung tears have significance here. She is the one that can help BJS activate the time loop,  as she is the one that originally created it (in my opinion). If she is aware of him in the coma, she will reactivate the time loop. I don't think BJS needs to go that far in the time loop also.

If there is hope that Hyun-Jung forgives him,  she just may regain consciousness afterwards and thus solving the problem.

But then we don't know what will Ruda's reaction be?? I mean if the time loop doesn't go that far, then Ruda won't forget everything.

Wasnt the recent pics looks like its from ep1 timeline?

• Like 2

@jenappelle Hmm maybe Jin-sang would start to go back to the recent time frame, then, realizing he would never change Roo-da's fate that way, loop time further and further back? 

• Confused 1

Patients in coma may be in deep coma or may survive in what is termed a "vegetative state." The difference between these two groups is that a deep coma patient usually requires hospital care, while a patient in a vegetative state may be released to the family for home care. The individual in the vegetative state has a lot more lower-brain function, and a bit more upper brain-stem function, than a patient in deep coma.

In either case, the patient is considered legally alive. Patients who are in coma will have some neurological signs. The amount of brain activity is variable, and extensive clinical examinations are performed on these patients. The physician(s) observes the patient for any sign of electrical impulse leaving the brain as a result of an external stimulus. Patients in coma will have these signs; patients who suffer brain death will not.

source: https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/brain-death3.htm

I am not really worried about Ruda's memory now. I just want to find some explanation of the time loop. Because in this case, BJS doesn't have to go that far back.

I am having some hope now. Because we have so many differences from the webtoon. The writer will have to solve  the mystery in just 8 episodes (actually four divided on 2 weeks)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, selenette said:

@jenappelle Hmm maybe Jin-sang would start to go back to the recent time frame, then, realizing he would never change Roo-da's fate that way, loop time further and further back? 

It looks to be that way. I really dislikes erasing character development esp the way it did in webtoon(but tbf there is not much development for characters other than Baek).

But still there is a way of working around it without erasing entire memory. Luda said before that even though time loop doesnt happen anymore , things that happen still exists. So I guess characters may stil retain a subconscious memory of what they learn. However I'll be expecting nothing but angst on wed episode and things may be looking up at second half of thursday ep, based on past exp with writer style. Or there is an accident that sent BJS back to far past. He will know better, and perhaps will play a part of not uniting Rooda with KJH as I believe the last convo with KJH is perhaps he confesses he has a part to play on her death ( a play on webtoon plot where the reverse happens). I also believes that the writer purposefully follow some of the plot beats in webtoon to confuse us.

I also believe that this drama themes ie growth and being a good person hasnt concluded yet and hence I believe a memory recall is essential to end the drama.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The actress who plays Hyun-jung has just posted this

So, either Hyun-jung wakes up from a coma, or Jin-sang really returns to the time frame before Ep 1. 

@jenappelle Usually I'm really concerned about character development, but when it comes to time loop tropes all that I'm still interested in is how the characters deal with the reversed situation. Nevertheless, due to the exciting portrayal of personal growth here, I do want to see a memory recall or deja vu scenes. After all, the webtoon is more focused on the time loop itself, whereas here it serves as a mean to facilitate growth. 

@nohamahamoud2002 Are you confused about how Jin-sang would probably loop time so far into the past? Then allow me to explain based on the webtoon's rules re. the Time Loop

Spoiler

1. When Mr Baek loops time by committing suicide or getting cursed at, in the beginning time is only looped to the same day. Let's call this DAY X. 

2. After multiple suicides/curses, time is looped further to the day before, then two days before, then several more days before DAY X ( Let's call these DAY X-1, DAY X-2, DAY X-3 etc etc).

3. With more suicides/curses, the day is looped even further, until we return to DAY 0, that is, the day when the time loop starts. 

Regarding your theory about the Time Loop's Reactivation, I agree that Hyun-jung's return to gradual consciousness is the cause. However, I believe that the aim of the time loop is not to teach Jin-sang to value death, but to value life, both his and others'.

As I explained in the spoiler box, activation of the time loop demands a sacrifice, and only a truly selfless man can do that: the current Jin-sang. 

Edited by selenette
Explanations
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, selenette said:

The actress who plays Hyun-jung has just posted this

So, either she wakes up from a coma, or Jin-sang really returns to the time frame before Ep 1. 

@jenappelle Usually I'm really concerned with character development, but when it comes to time loop tropes all that I'm still interested in is how the characters deal with the reversed situation. Nevertheless, due to the exciting portrayal of personal growth here, I do want to see a memory recall or deja vu scenes. After all, the webtoon is more focused on the time loop itself, whereas here it serves as a mean to facilitate growth. 

True, I think that deja vu feel will be the case going forward. I found the convo between Choi and BJS interesting, in that Choi insists that they all has responsibility in Hyun Joong's sufferings and they will help him. I find it impossible the writer will not make good of important themes she set earlier.If they retain their subconscious going back, Hyun Joong will have much better support along with a much better boss.

In the webtoon time loop serves as plot and device for the audience to enjoy Baek's sufferings perversively.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1

So really Kang blamed Baek for the death of Roo Da, what annoying character
I do not think it's like in the webtoon and baek have to go back several times until the day one, here will be

sent immediately to that day or maybe not, but I think it will happen in the next chapter, as there are left

four chapters and there are many things to solve, for example, because Roo da also got involved in the time loop ...

begin to happen after Hyun Jung cried in the hospital ... if you look after that scene show baek to point of being run

over by an ambulance and clearly it was not released on purpose because of the reaction, the time loop starts again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I understand the time loop. But it stopped. If BJS dies he won't wake up anymore

With Hyun-jung's gradual consciousness, Jin-sang will wake up.

Of course, there's a possibility that we will see a time stream in which he dies, the webtoon teases us that way. But eventually they bring Mr Baek back to life there. 

• Like 2

Baek Jin Sang is trying to save someone from being run over by the ambulance, now I saw him ...  see a head in his arms, actually hair maybe the boy or girl we talked about before

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Nadia Muñoz said:

Baek Jin Sang is trying to save someone from being run over by the ambulance, now I saw him ...  see a head in his arms, actually hair maybe the boy or girl we talked about before

Oooh a sacrifice. Selflessness and decency. The Time Loop gods will hear him. 

Edited by selenette
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Nadia Muñoz said:

Probably it goes like this:

1. Kang argues/fight with BJS but BJS didnt fight back-->
  2. Kang sorta believed in time loop and ask him to save her-(Somewhere in between Kang divulges that he prevented Rooda from seeing BJS (hence BJS gets really angry as previously he didnt fight back)->
  3. BJS tries to kill himself but keeps failing -->
  4. Company politics-->
  5. BJS begs Hyun Joong to save her-->
  6. Hyun Joong cries --> 
  7. BJS went outside and saw a kid lying on road (collaborates with pic earlier that his mum says live/overnight shooting?)and in a selfless act save him-->
  8. hit by ambulance instead of the kid--> loop back to EP1.

Enough for 1 or 2 episode (last preview stretch to two eps)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I love all these theories, you all make me sad and then happy and then sad (just like the preview.)

If Hye-jung forgives Jin-sang, there still might be a good chance that the time loop can come back. Maybe the reason why the loop went away in the first place was because Hyejung didn't forgive JS or her dad was about to take her off the machines and end her life. 

From the preview, I really dislike how JH blames JS for RD's death yet meanwhile he didn't do anything to prevent it earlier (like he could have) because his jealousy got in the way of helping JS. And JH sort of "curses" JS out which I found to be unnecessary and idiotic because he's just a pretty petty guy... I thought differently at first but now... Yes... JH is petty. 

It does seem that the time loop will come back as soon as Hyejung forgives JS, and JS performs a selfless act of kindness which will reactivate the loop... But what do you guys think about RD's memories with JS?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xprosperity said:

If Hye-jung forgives Jin-sang, there still might be a good chance that the time loop can come back. Maybe the reason why the loop went away in the first place was because Hyejung didn't forgive JS or her dad was about to take her off the machines and end her life. 

... But what do you guys think about RD's memories with JS?

On The Stopped Time Loop

@xprosperity In my opinion the Time Loop stopped because Hyun-jung nearly died (if you remember, her dad was frantic when her vital signs weakened, so no, he didn't want to unplug her life support).

The Time Loop gods somehow tied the loop to Hyun-jung's existence, because she's been nursing a grudge against Jin-sang.

So when she was nearly dead for the second time, the Time Loop was gone. Why was it?

Because the gods were furious at Jin-sang for :

1. Abusing the Time Loop (using it to ruin Roo-da's date(s) with Joon-ho).

Do you remember the sudden storm in the theme park? Jin-sang thought the gods were angry at Roo-da, when they were angry at him. 

2. Not knowing how deeply he wronged dying Hyun-jung. He belatedly learned about her ordeal after it was exposed in the news.

So the gods took Roo-da away from him, not only because she was the kindest person to him but also because Jin-sang still has to learn to live. 

On Roo-da's Memories

Regarding Roo-da's memories, I think it's safe to say that if we go back to Episode 1 as hinted in several ig posts, then she'll lose them.

However, unlike the webtoon, the drama will probably return the memories to her in dreams or deja vu, making these a parallelism with Jin-sang in the earlier episodes. 

Edited by selenette
  • Like 6

@selenette Sorry i got a bit lost in the timeloop ^_^ btw i have question. The sky become darker is even before BJS use time loop right? I thought it just for comedic purpose to describe BJS feelings. Or you mean god can predict that he will abuse the time loops? 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, xprosperity said:

I love all these theories, you all make me sad and then happy and then sad (just like the preview.)

From the preview, I really dislike how JH blames JS for RD's death yet meanwhile he didn't do anything to prevent it earlier (like he could have) because his jealousy got in the way of helping JS. And JH sort of "curses" JS out which I found to be unnecessary and idiotic because he's just a pretty petty guy... I thought differently at first but now... Yes... JH is petty. 

It does seem that the time loop will come back as soon as Hyejung forgives JS, and JS performs a selfless act of kindness which will reactivate the loop... But what do you guys think about RD's memories with JS?

This writer copies a lot of plot beats from webtoon, but its more thematic vs webtoon and it focuses a lot of growth and being good to others vs webtoon which is more of a dark comedy.

So for characters other than Rooda: So there is a lot of built up in prev eps - Ms Choi has acknowledged that BJS is not the only one at fault. All of them are  . From a story telling POV you need to lead it to somewhere - so I think that they may lost their memories but there is some sort of deja vu (pointed out by @selenette ) so that they will not repeat their mistakes and treat Hyun Joong kinder so that she could correct her own shortcomings etc. Or if they are far too late maybe the whole team save Hyun Joong from the fire hence eliminate the karma that creates the time loop in the first place. The team will be more kinder to each other - not just because their team leader is much more kinder than the previous version, but also subconscious memories.

For Rooda, as she is more deep into the time loop I think she will recall again - there is too much plot built up for that (For egShe let Rooda said that even if time loop doesnt exist anymore doesnt mean what happens does not exist) - so it may come in the form of familiarity first (eg knowing where Jin Sang lives despite never went there in new time loop, still wants to help JS in new time line etc) and may be something huge that triggers her own memory again. I dont think the writer will wipe character growth clean state. Its just a method to reset some stuff that may be irreversible if the time goes forward (eg Hyun joong coma and her father`s hatred).

• Like 3

I  really can't stand this "Kang" character. He is sooooo provocative. He didn't warn BJS about the security guard and now he is blaming him for Ruda's death. This is really too much :confounded:

I really read the 56 Sherlock Holmes Short Stories. Really we all should collaborate and write one detective story too. With this amount of predictions we are really doing detective work :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

44 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@selenette Sorry i got a bit lost in the timeloop ^_^ btw i have question. The sky become darker is even before BJS use time loop right? I thought it just for comedic purpose to describe BJS feelings. Or you mean god can predict that he will abuse the time loops? 

@Lawyerh Since this story is tinged with a supernatural element (to some extent), which is stronger in this medium than in the webtoon, I do think that there are  unspecified divine entities watching over Jin-sang to force him to go down the path to penance. His prayers for "any gods" point towards this too. 

The webtoon, on the other hand, is clear in stating that the curse originated with Hyun-jung and Hyun-jung alone. 

Edited by selenette
Grammatical errors
  • Like 3