Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

22 minutes ago, jenappelle said:
  Hide contents

I was talking to another cnetz fan and she said there is apparently a photo of a kid which resembles BJS with specs some time ago and she couldnt find it. Anyone has a photo of it?

What the what what. I'm speechless. 

P.S.

Are they going to

Spoiler

Have him and Roo-da met when they were children? Or are they his kids (this is me desperately clinging to a sinking ship)? 

Edited by selenette
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

14 minutes ago, selenette said:

What the what what. I'm speechless. 

P.S.

Are they going to

Hide contents

Have him and Roo-da met when they were children? Or are they his kids (this is me desperately clinging to a sinking ship)? 

Spoiler

I have no idea where the hell is it and I scourged Insta using Feel good to die tag. The cnetz is a long time fan of kjh and posted some useful posts from naver etc before so I took her word for it. She was saying there was an image which she said resembled a young BJS which still havent appeared yet (we are discussing about the new photos on the kids which totally never appeared in webtoon). I asked her to confirm but she said it was long time ago and she mentioned they have the same type of specs.

I was thinking from a plot point of view why make Kang's character does something unforgivable if they are the ending pair (because in the webtoon BJS selfishness is the indirect cause of Rooda death; Kang in drama).

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

Hide contents

I have no idea where the hell is it and I scourged Insta using Feel good to die tag. The cnetz is a long time fan of kjh and posted some useful posts from naver etc before so I took her word for it. She was saying there was an image which she said resembled a young BJS which still havent appeared yet (we are discussing about the new photos on the kids which totally never appeared in webtoon). I asked her to confirm but she said it was long time ago and she mentioned they have the same type of specs.

I was thinking from a plot point of view why make Kang's character does something unforgivable if they are the ending pair (because in the webtoon BJS selfishness is the indirect cause of Rooda death; Kang in drama).

Did you mean

Spoiler

That the presence of these children indicate that Jin-sang and Roo-da is endgame here, or is Kang Joon-ho and Roo-da the endgame here? Are they these characters' kids? To me that indicates a possible time jump instead of a time loop.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jenappelle said:

Possible spoiler for new episode

Hide contents

Looks like its at least time loop back to EP1 but whats with the kids?

Anyone can translate?

I have a very strong feeling that the time loop went back to Hyun Jung's childhood. She was being a kid pestered by others. Maybe this is a flashback about the reason for her lack of self-confidence. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, selenette said:

Did you mean

Hide contents

That the presence of these children indicate that Jin-sang and Roo-da is endgame here, or is Kang Joon-ho and Roo-da the endgame here? Are they these characters' kids? To me that indicates a possible time jump instead of a time loop.

Spoiler

Sorry I was intending that post for another topic. Apologies.

I dont think they are their kids, I just feel that if young BJS is real, probably they shot it very early in the film making process. The pics indicates time jump to at least first EP. Probably BJS looking for the ex employee house and found her living in a poor area. But whats with Yoo Shi Baek character? How does that incorporates in?

• Like 2

Spoiler
23 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I have a very strong feeling that the time loop went back to Hyun Jung's childhood. She was being a kid pestered by others. Maybe this is a flashback about the reason for her lack of self-confidence. 

I think you have a good case here. The last pic looks like some kid is being bullied. I was leaning towards BJS looking for HJ and met kids neighbourrs on or before the incident but having a kid to act some part with KJH indicates of something bigger.

If thats the case then we can explain the possibility of time travelling by BJS since we have yet to solve the mystery man pushing Rooda (someone screenshot that hand please).

There is another thing that I have yet to see it mentioned anywhere, which is Hyun Jung in webtoon vs drama. Hyun Jung is a writer in webtoon. The writer role seems to be Rooda sis in drama. Will she play a part?

• Like 3

chingus, another difference between the webtoon and the drama is that Kang doesn't die. This has a very significant meaning in my opinion, that Ruda was saving BJS. 

@jenappelle 

Spoiler

well I like your theory about Ruda sister, she will be very distraught after her sister's death, she will try to do something. 

If she uses the cartoon she might be the one triggering the time loop again.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, jenappelle said:
  Hide contents

Sorry I was intending that post for another topic. Apologies.

I dont think they are their kids, I just feel that if young BJS is real, probably they shot it very early in the film making process. The pics indicates time jump to at least first EP. Probably BJS looking for the ex employee house and found her living in a poor area. But whats with Yoo Shi Baek character? How does that incorporates in?

Spoiler

I'm more curious with how the kid(s) is/are related to this events. But I admit I also want a resolution to Yoo Shi-baek trajectory. Will Jin-sang loop time to as far back as his childhood? So that he'll grow up as a kind man, Yoo Shi-baek wouldn't bear a grudge against him, and Hyun-jung wouldn't get hurt?

Ugh that makes my heart ache. 

Have you read my comparison posts, @jenappelle? I already compared the webtoon's and the drama's Hyun-jung here and here

Edited by selenette
Post merging
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, selenette said:

Hide contents

Or are they his kids (this is me desperately clinging to a sinking ship)? 

Muahaha i love your comment so much @selenette.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@nohamahamoud2002

chingus, another difference between the webtoon and the drama is that Kang doesn't die. This has a very significant meaning in my opinion, that Ruda was saving BJS. 

I felt that you have a very good point, I think we need to take a lot of care and attention on how the writer uses plot points from the webtoon and whether its just bad writing or writer`s intent (and whether its executed well  is another point)

For the fun fair scene

Webtoon: BJS was the one who `dates` Rooda and with Rooda request, time loops the day again and Rooda has a heart talk to talk with Kang about marriage and kids. BJS intended to give her flowers that day and that`s where BJS found out they are dating seriously.

Drama: The fun fair scene changes to first date.  Thats where BJS found out they are dating and All Rooda`s intended intimacy with Kang is ruined by BJS. This memory does not exist for Kang in the end and hence the intimacy among them seems forced vs webtoon

For Rooda death scene

Webtoon: Its BJS fault and selfishness that Rooda died. Kang is a hero in the original train scene and Rooda died in accident trying to reenact the scene to save Kang.

Drama: Its Kang`s fault and selfishness (and jealousy) that leads to Rooda death. Rooda tried to save Kang and died in accident.

There is a distinction to be made between both. Rooda tries hard to have a stable relationship with Kang, but Kang`s refusal to believe her has been called out by BJS. Kang`s refusal to disclose about the security guard has certainly caused a bad reaction (we dont know what to be exact but she clearly doesnt like it) to her. Why the director has purposefully cut it out? to create suspense.

I certainly think Kang`s character is not fleshed out that properly, but we need to judge whether its a writer`s intent or a writer`s flaw when it comes to end game. We can argue that Gong Myung and BJH does not have any chemistry. So I think its a writer`s intent, by the fact that this has been called out by Kang himself by insisting that Rooda cares more about BJS. We have seen it repeatedly. Rooda forgets to tell Kang that she is checking on BJS. Her sister has teased her that she hardly know anything about romance.

And I felt that they played us with our expectation with the webtoon. When the first time I saw the spoiler with the bouquet I panicked. I felt that its Kang/Rooda and I was more invested in BJS that in webtoon. But it turnaround with Rooda so worried about BJS and hug him. So I felt that the writer kept the form of the plot but not the substance.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, selenette said:

@Lawyerh The power of desperation is real. :joy:

But seriously, how far into the past will Jin-sang go? 

No worries, about that crazy day, I saw korean and  cnetz discussed about the ep until 3am ish. So its universal:wink:

I will keep an eye on dc, news and instagram  and cnetz kjh website (they translate stuff really fast) muahaha

Spoiler

I have read about your comparison on Hyun Joong on webtoon vs Drama. I just found it interesting that the sis is in the writer role instead of Hyun Joong (of  what we have find so far)

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@jenappelle I don't think you should hide the instagram link in a spoiler box, since the picture you showed is the exterior of MW Foods' office. So it could've been any scene that they filmed at night. 

@nohamahamoud2002 Thank you for sharing that. I hope OST Part 6 (aka that sad, sad song that begs Roo-da to return) will be released soon. 

Edited by selenette
  • Like 3

Reasons for believing there is hope for our OTP

The interaction between BJS and Ruda is much stronger. They have so many scenes together.

1- Ruda visits BJS' house often: first when she asked him about the company's reasons for deceiving the employees and laying the blame on contract workers. Second when she talked to him about the time loop and he told her about Yu Sibaek's intention of closing down the franchises of lowest sales. Third when she was drunk and slept there in the funny scene where he left her sleeping on the floor. Fourth, when the Gariboon franchise employees went to party. Fifth when she was discussing the suspect of wishing BJS to die.

2- Ruda hugs him three times: first when he first learnt about the time loop on the company's roof. Second when he hugs her in the Gariboon restaurant. Third when she hugs him after the car accident when the security guard was intimidating him.

3- BJS was successfully able to hinder the romance between Kang and Ruda (in the entertainment park scene).

4- Kang is selfish, unlike the webtoon. BJS in the drama is selfless and ready to sacrifice his job to save Ruda from being dismissed by the company (when he appeared on TV and played the recording of the contract workers interview). He even stays away from her when Kang told him she is in danger by being with him. This means he learnt how to love others and care about them.

So I don't think he needs to change more than this. He already learnt his lesson. He is closer to his team members: by turning the contract workers to permanent ones. In the scene with Mrs Choi in the hospital scene, they are on very good terms already. Mr. Park is so grateful to him after he took over his post as team manager once more and also because he helped the contract worker (I don't remember her name). He even regrets what he did to Hyun Jung which means he knows now about all his past mistakes. There is nothing left now except saving Ruda and making amends with the security guard, which I think is related to the children's scene posted by @jenappelle (maybe BJS is trying to dig deep in Hyun-jung's past to know the reason for her lack of self-confidence that lead to her "potential suicide attempt" in the fire).

What I mean to say is that BJS is not the only reason for Hyun-jung's depression. She already has a problem. She seems withdrawn and antisocial as we see the group picture with the team members. This behaviour is related to her personality. I mean nobody just lose the hope to go on living because just he/she is told "it is better for the world to die". This has something to do with a certain complication in the character, where that person is an introvert and having issues since childhood. 

Edited by nohamahamoud2002
added some more points
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Reasons for believing there is hope for our OTP

The interaction between BJS and Ruda is much stronger. They have so many scenes together.

Actually if i didnt read or know about the webtoon ending, i think i will still happily & naively shipping BJS & RD haha.... Thanks @nohamahamoud2002 for the encouragement and for leading our wreckage ship :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

A fluent Korean speaker in my Twitter tlist (@thetalkingcupboard on Twitter) said that during this voice message scene 

voice-message-scene.jpg

when Roo-da told Jin-sang

팀장님 좋은분이예요 .특히 ...저 한테는요.

"You are a good person, Team Jang-nim. Especially... to me" 

the words had a deep meaning because of the word 특히 (teughi), and the emphasis that Roo-da put on that word.

Here are my friend's two cents on the sentence: 

1. This is what Roo-da means: "Despite nobody else not really knowing that you're a good person in your own way , I know that you are. And that is special to me".  

2. Roo-da is special to him  probably because she was the one who decided to change him and didn't give up on him.  

3. There are many things that Jin-sang doesn't know and it frustrated Roo-da (and him too) at times, but he is special to her because of his willingness to learn and to open up. 

P.S. 

In Korean grammar context: 

1. "Out of every good (and bad) person that I had ever met, this one is the special one to me". 

2. "This man is a good person, but especially to me, he is a really good person."

It emphasizes personal preference (and claim). 

Also, I failed to gif the scene, but I love that Kang Ji-hwan had Jin-sang take a deep breath as Roo-da said "especially": Jin-sang was so moved. *slow clap*

Edited by selenette
Clarity
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I have an optimistic theory, Ruda loses her memory, but then we have the time loop going far back, she starts working in the company, and now we have the changed version of BSJ, she falls in love with him, hopefully without Kang's appearance. But still I hope Ruda remember some of her memories with BJS, they really had wonderful moments together. 

you know, what really annoys me is the chemistry between Ruda and BJS. Why did the writer use it if they are not the endgame?? or are they the endgame after all?? I mean some dramas, we know from the start that the actor/actress is in love with someone, and there is a third person in the triangle who has one-sided love towards the main lead. But not necessarily. A good comparison again

Spoiler

In "Who are you: school 2015" there was good chemistry between Sungjae and the main actress, but she left him at the end :bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, selenette said:

"You are a good person, Team Jang-nim. Especially... to me" 

the words had a deep meaning because of the word 특히 (teughi), and the emphasis that Roo-da put on that word.

Thanks for sharing your friend confirmation. With our sinking ship coming soon, every wording & lines is indeed very important :lol: 

But i guess at this point, from that voice message call alone, its still a bit difficult to figure it out. If it means to reply to his confession, or if the "at least special to me" means just to compare with other colleague like Park/Choi/JH. But one soompiers mentioned now that RD knew BJS feeling, she should be careful with her words / action, so that the later wont be misunderstood. 

I think what we can draw conclusion here is she love him (whether it's in romantic or not in romantic way, its still love in my opinion). I think RD in webtoon didnt have the same love or care with her drama parallel. 

55 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

you know, what really annoys me is the chemistry between Ruda and BJS. Why did the writer use it if they are not the endgame?? or are they the endgame after all??

Yes the chemistry is definetly quite confusing. Not sure bcos KJH is more veteran than GM therefore more skilfull in make the romance more alive. Or its purposely drawn that way to make audience rooting more for RD-BJS.

Its the first drama that i really worry and care about the ending. I pretty often stopped watching middle way bcos kind of already predict the ending or just dont bother or care with the character enough to continue. But really not the case with this one.

I plan to binge rewatching this if BJS RD sail safely harbor. Or if she didnt end with anyone i also might still rewatch it. Haha...

• Like 3
  • LOL 1