Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited for tomb raiders restart. Hopefully it does come out in December, I'll have loads of time then. I haven't watched My True Friend yet, since its not really my type of show, plus I took a break from all drama and variety shows when some bad stuff came out in south Korea this spring. But since you're saying his character is cool maybe I'll check it out soon. 

Btw, have any guardian fans here watched the untamed? I binged it the other day and liked it, I've read the book as well (although before it was fully translated, so I haven't read the ending yet), and watched the cartoon. I liked the portrayal of Wei wuxian. 

• 3 weeks later...

His hotpot eating was very cute and calming. But I got so hungry : D 

So the latest about The Lost Tomb Reboot seems to be that it comes out next year summer sometime. I wonder why it's taking so long. 

The drama he mentioned he is currently filming is tentatively called My Dear Self. The female lead is Liu Shishi. It's a contemporary drama, so that's why he can film a bit more comfortably. To be honest the synopsis sounds boring as hell (misfortunate yet kind woman meets cheerful man, who becomes unlucky, but they try to keep their relationship together). I've seen this done badly many times, although theoretically you can also do it well. I don't know anything about the production team, please be good. Well, at least he seems to be happy with the filming conditions. 

https://mydramalist.com/48103-my-dear-self

The page for it. His close friend Peng Guan Ying is in a supporting role. I wonder if that was the draw. 

• Like 2

My friend reccommended Guardian to me, I watched it and I love his acting. I think I'm so late coz I've just watched it recently. 

I love the way he portrayed his characters, and the way he delivered the feelings of his characters. It's like when he sad I'm sad too, when he's in pain, I'm in pain too. Lol

So I want to watch his past projects, now I currently watch Granting You a Dreamlike Life. But for me the story is not interesting enough, I just skip parts where I can see his scenes lol. His character as Luo Fusheng, I like it. He's so manly, tough person, powerful? but care a lot about ppl around him and a sweetheart. It breaks my heart to see him cry. I hope I can watch his next next project that has no romantic thing, like Guardian

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Tomb Notes Restart (aka Lost Tomb Reboot) is said to be aired in the second quarter of 2020 on iQiyi. It might need more time to do the post-production. 

And he’s now filming Dear Myself with Liu Shishi. The production team is really good, especially the director Ding Hei is so well-known for his previous shows with Sun Li. So I believe the director was one of the reasons why Yilong chose to film this particular TV series. He once said good teams are better than good scripts when you are choosing projects. 

The film and TV industry is experiencing a harsh winter recently in China, so it’s harder to find a good opportunity than in previous years. I hope he enjoys the filming of Dear Myself and future projects. And hopefully Rebbot will be aired as soon as possible (with good quality).

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2019 at 4:58 PM, yinchanmyae1621 said:

I not interest to watch the whole series of Minglan drama .I only interesting to watch Long Ge's part .His done the his parts very well .Perfect !! When he crying and laughing do the as the same time , I was speak-less and my jaw was drop ...wow such the good acting ...clapping clapping clapping . He is second lead but he can made great review.

How Did you get only to his part?

Just by skipping forward?

I wish there was some kind of cut with his part!

Edited by HonestIago

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't been able to use VPN for a long time. Seems that there's not many discussions about ZYL as before. Anyways, I'm gonna post some updates.

1. Zhu Yilong flew to Shanghai in late March to wrap up the shooting for Dear Myself. The series is said to be aired in 2020. 

2. He cut his hair short afterwards (Gosh I LOOOOOOVE the new hairstyle) and joined a new TV series called The Rebel (叛逆者) as the male lead since April 16th. His character is called Lin Nansheng. I've read the original novel, which is fantastic. And the cast and crew are both worth looking forward to.

3. A few covers for some main magazines: ELLE, Traveler, T China, China Peoples.

4. He will continue to be the brand spokesperson for Coca-Cola for the second year.

5. The Reboot! OMG, we still don't know when it'll come. People say it's at the last stage of post-productions, and the actors have already finished recording their songs for OST. Besides Youku, iQiyi has also bought it. So hopefully we'll be able to watch it on these two platforms this summer.

6. They have also been making adjustments for the The Rhapsody of a Summer Dream, which was a TV series he shot with Zhang Han in 2016. So there is a chance that we can see his character Ke Ze in the near future!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

@paopaolong Thanks for the update summary - I haven't been up to date with Zhu Yi Long's news so your post is extremely helpful. I am aware of what dramas he did and currently filming and hope to see one of them soon. I am excited about the latest drama he is filming, like his new look, the casts, and it sounds interesting :) I hope to see The Reboot soon...