Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

20 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Oh boy! I just saw ZYL's performance on Youth Mango Night and he was amazing! I love how he sang the first song, "Suddenly I really miss you" and then at the end that sunshine gesture...awwww... that was simple but soooooooooo sweet and came as a surprise to me.... his expression was kind of shy as well as that last sign of breathe - He is probably thinking I completed the performance...I can breath and relax now - it shows me that he was nervous and being nervous means that he truly value the chance to performance to his fans :)

Yes, that little sun on his palm is a smart surprise for his fans. I just bursted into tears when I saw it. 

I was also touched by a video: after the performance, the fans gathered outside the stadium even though it was raining. And Yilong just walked out to the crowd especially for the fans. He walked up to the fans holding an umbrella, and waved to the fans. And the rain stopped! He’s no doubt a little sun!

• Like 6

On 8/10/2020 at 7:58 AM, paopaolong said:

Yes, that little sun on his palm is a smart surprise for his fans. I just bursted into tears when I saw it. 

I was also touched by a video: after the performance, the fans gathered outside the stadium even though it was raining. And Yilong just walked out to the crowd especially for the fans. He walked up to the fans holding an umbrella, and waved to the fans. And the rain stopped! He’s no doubt a little sun!

How long before it's on youtube, do you think? I'm in the US, so youtube is probably my best chance to see it.

Multiple news confirmed that To Dear Myself is coming in early September on Mango TV! The finale of TV series showing now will be on Sep 2nd. So it’s likely that we’ll be able to see Chen Yiming in two weeks! 

There’s no exact info of Season 2 of Reunion: The Sound of the Providence yet. However, there’s evidence that it has past the censorship. So I reckon it’ll also come very soon. I hope it’ll be in late September. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 11:16 AM, Alice84 said:

I'm a big fan of ZYL after Guardian and reboot. Just wondering what his popularity is like in China? Is he quite famous? 

I don’t know how you define “famous”, but in my opinion he’s more than famous in China in many ways. He first rose to fame in the summer of 2018. Many youngsters began to know him because of The Guardian. He has been on top of all kinds of ranking lists. His followers on Weibo increased from 5 million to 10 million in a few months. Then at the end of 2018, the Story of Minglan showed on TV. And the majority of people began to know him because of Xiao Gongye. Then he got to appear on CCTV Spring Festival Gala, which was also a proof that he got  accepted by the county’s authority mass media. 

He also got many commercials  and brands to cooperate with, which also proved his business value. (Some big brands like Coca-Cola, KFC, Chopard, LV, L’Oreal, etc.) And the products he promoted all sold out in seconds!

And he is able to get involved in many important programs because he now has a huge fan base, being the lead role and working with the best cast and crew. He wouldn’t have this many opportunities if he were not famous.

And there’s also one side effect. Once you become famous, you get more haters (or anti fans). The statistics showing that he once had 20k-30k active haters on Weibo. (By “active” they mean you will continue to post something about that person every day). Just think of that, the number is even larger than other celebrities’ active fans! And in 2018, they also named him one of the “two top social media stars” (双顶流), which was not a good phrase at that time. The public tend to dislike “social media stars” because they always represent “good looking, lots of crazy fans, but no talents”. But ZYL proved himself with time and effort that he gained the popularity because of his talents, his acting skills, and his moral qualities. 

It’s been two years since the summer of 2018, he has achieved so many goals. He has 26 million followers on Weibo now. But there’s still a long way to go ahead of him. 

• Like 3

On 9/6/2020 at 6:21 PM, paopaolong said:

It’s been two years since the summer of 2018, he has achieved so many goals. He has 26 million followers on Weibo now. But there’s still a long way to go ahead of him. 

I have also known him since Guardian and the short live show Clown. His portrayal of Shen Wei in Guardian left such a deep impression that I was hesitant to watch reboot or any of his other shows. I thought I would be reminded of Shen Wei. He was also fantastic in Clown, this was live show where he was moving around acting and singing it was very impressive, the child actor did great too. I can only imagine the teamwork needed to create something like this. 

I finally watched Reboot and was impressed by his acting again. His portrayal of Wu Xie feels like he is Wu Xie and not a character he is playing. I did not find a trace of Shen Wei or any other character in his portrayal. Then watching him in Dear myself as Chen Yiming, needless to say I won’t have any preconceived ideas again regarding his acting. I am now watching all his shows that I can find with English subs.

I have also watched some of his interviews and he seem very down to earth, serious about his craft, improving himself, trying different roles. His singing is also getting better.  I also like his awkwardness makes him feel more real (the drawing of sun on his hand during one of his performance was adorable).

I wanted to thank you for always providing updates and tidbits.  Sometimes I come across some negative comments but without understanding the language and context of the situation some things seem worse than they might be. Every actor has fans, people who dislike them and people who are indifferent, but I did not know there were people who would spend time and energy by actively posting negative things. I mean if I don’t like someone, I won’t follow them or their work and not waste my time.

I agree with you, he has a long road ahead of him. I hope he will get better scripts and roles to play both in dramas and movies, and work will good directors and productions. I cant believe I am following an actor like this and even get worried about him, anyways thanks again.

Edited by Sahar
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sahar said:

I have also known him since Guardian and the short live show Clown. His portrayal of Shen Wei in Guardian left such a deep impression that I was hesitant to watch reboot or any of his other shows. I thought I would be reminded of Shen Wei. He was also fantastic in Clown, this was live show where he was moving around acting and singing it was very impressive, the child actor did great too. I can only imagine the teamwork needed to create something like this. 

I finally watched Reboot and was impressed by his acting again. His portrayal of Wu Xie feels like he is Wu Xie and not a character he is playing. I did not find a trace of Shen Wei or any other character in his portrayal. Then watching him in Dear myself as Chen Yiming, needless to say I won’t have any preconceived ideas again regarding his acting. I am now watching all his shows that I can find with English subs.

I have also watched some of his interviews and he seem very down to earth, serious about his craft, improving himself, trying different roles. His singing is also getting better.  I also like his awkwardness makes him feel more real (the drawing of sun on his hand during one of his performance was adorable).

I wanted to thank you for always providing updates and tidbits.  Sometimes I come across some negative comments but without understanding the language and context of the situation some things seem worse than they might be. Every actor has fans, people who dislike them and people who are indifferent, but I did not know there were people who would spend time and energy by actively posting negative things. I mean if I don’t like someone, I won’t follow them or their work and not waste my time.

I agree with you, he has a long road ahead of him. I hope he will get better scripts and roles to play both in dramas and movies, and work will good directors and productions. I cant believe I am following an actor like this and even get worried about him, anyways thanks again.

What you said bout him, more or less, what I feel bout him too...I know bout him since guardian, sometimes I miss this character. Clown too, it's just 15 minutes performance, but I cried when I watched it.. his acting left deep impression and feelings..his eyes, it's like it's real, not pretending..

And I'm thankful fans sub his interviews..I can learn few things bout life from his answers. And yeah his singing is gettin better..I love to listen  to his songs and ost..it has calming vibe for me...

I haven't followed actor, like this, and lol yes sometimes I'm worried bout him. Coz you know filming, he may get hurt, too tired, etc but he never whine, and continue to work hard. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the response.

I have also been avidly watching all his shows. It begin with Guardian, then I realised he played the second male lead in Ming lan. Then I watched Love three lifetime (loved his character, not sure why the female lead didn't pick him. lol)  and grant you a dream like life (bad drama but good ZYL eye candy). I've also watched a lot of his song performances and interviews. He seems very down to earth and serious about his art. 

Recently, I watched reboot and he's portrayal of Wuxie is so good. I've yet to get into To dear myself...It's been a lot of ZYL during Covid lockdown in Australia but becoming a fan of his has actually made this time period easier to endure.

I looked at his Weibo and he has 27 million fans now! I agree, he's career is only looking upwards and I hope he continues to thrive. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I finally finished Reunion, there were some issues, plot holes and the edits that didn't help the story. But I liked the show especially Zhu Yilong's performance as Wuxie. It was fun watching him act as Wang Meng, it feels like he had fun with that character. Even without the subtitles, I could tell he was not Wuxie. :lol:

My favorite part was the trio’s friendship. Zhu Yilong and Chen Ming Hao were wonderful together, they played against each other wonderfully. Huang Junjie also did great. I don’t think I can see other actors as iron triangle or this triangle will be my favorite.

I have to say I did not appreciate when the other actor replaced ZYL as Wuxie under disguise. It lasted for 6 episodes even after everyone knew he was Wuxie, especially near the end. I don’t think it was necessary to drag it for that long, the trio felt wrong, their chemistry different. My attention wavered, I could not focus on the story and I kept wondering when ZYL will be back instead of paying attention to the story. :blink:.

(Nothing against the other Actor but I am not familiar with lost tomb series or the books/webnovel. I only watched the show for ZYL and he disappeared, it broke continuity and everything felt off to me. :lol:)

Overall, I enjoyed the show and everyone’s performance, seems like the show did well and everyone’s hard work paid off. (I do not understand Mandarin and only going by the information on twitter).

Dear Myself also finished, I have only watched couple of episodes, ZYL and Liu ShiShi’s chemistry is good, I will try to finish it because of ZYL, but it is no the type of show I normally watch and some spoilers are not very encouraging about the ending. Seems like this show did well too, good for everyone who worked hard in this show.

I’ll wait for ZYL future shows, I believe rebel will be released next year.  I hope he gets a great script and will be able to work with a good production team in future. I want him to pick interesting and challenging characters but can he pick a show with happy ending, it was nice seeing Wuxie healthy and enjoying his time with friends. :lol:

Edited by Sahar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sahar said:

I finally finished Reunion, there were some issues, plot holes and the edits that didn't help the story. But I liked the show especially Zhu Yilong's performance as Wuxie. It was fun watching him act as Wang Meng, it feels like he had fun with that character. Even without the subtitles, I could tell he was not Wuxie. :lol:

My favorite part was the trio’s friendship. Zhu Yilong and Chen Ming Hao were wonderful together, they played against each other wonderfully. Huang Junjie also did great. I don’t think I can see other actors as iron triangle or this triangle will be my favorite.

I have to say I did not appreciate when the other actor replaced ZYL as Wuxie under disguise. It lasted for 6 episodes even after everyone knew he was Wuxie, especially near the end. I don’t think it was necessary to drag it for that long, the trio felt wrong, their chemistry different. My attention wavered, I could not focus on the story and I kept wondering when ZYL will be back instead of paying attention to the story. :blink:.

(Nothing against the other Actor but I am not familiar with lost tomb series or the books/webnovel. I only watched the show for ZYL and he disappeared, it broke continuity and everything felt off to me. :lol:)

Overall, I enjoyed the show and everyone’s performance, seems like the show did well and everyone’s hard work paid off. (I do not understand Mandarin and only going by the information on twitter).

Dear Myself also finished, I have only watched couple of episodes, ZYL and Liu ShiShi’s chemistry is good, I will try to finish it because of ZYL, but it is no the type of show I normally watch and some spoilers are not very encouraging about the ending. Seems like this show did well too, good for everyone who worked hard in this show.

I’ll wait for ZYL future shows, I believe rebel will be released next year.  I hope he gets a great script and will be able to work with a good production team in future. I want him to pick interesting and challenging characters but can he pick a show with happy ending, it was nice seeing Wuxie healthy and enjoying his time with friends. :lol:

I totally agree with you re ZYL in Reunion. I loved the show but the other actor replacing him at the end of the show was disappointing and I kept waiting for ZYL to return and got distracted from the storyline. It just didn't feel right. I'm glad Wu Xie got his happy ending though, although I must admit, I like watching Wu xie being sick and his friends looking after him.

To dear myself is an interesting one. The ending was disappointing as it felt unfinished. I actually enjoyed his interaction with Wang Zhi Ru, although I simultaneously wondered whether he'll end up with Si Yu. Apparently the show is very popular in China and generated of discussion whereas overseas, there was a lot of people unhappy with Chen Yi Ming's character. 

What does everyone think? 

I'm sad to hear about the recent news of ZYL being slandered online. I hope he is feeling ok and not affected by the negative rumours. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Alice84 said:

Although I must admit, I like watching Wu xie being sick and his friends looking after him.

I have to agree, I also liked his friends taking care him.

To dear myself is an interesting one. The ending was disappointing as it felt unfinished. I actually enjoyed his interaction with Wang Zhi Ru, although I simultaneously wondered whether he'll end up with Si Yu. Apparently the show is very popular in China and generated of discussion whereas overseas, there was a lot of people unhappy with Chen Yi Ming's character. 

Its interesting to know the Chinese fans vs overseas fans reaction to Chen Yi Ming. I guess people's own perception and beliefs affect how they perceive a character/person. Some may find the character relatable and others may not. Some may find it so relatable that they dislike it and some just do not like the character. That’s the complexity of human nature, I am glad the show is popular in China.

I'm sad to hear about the recent news of ZYL being slandered online. I hope he is feeling ok and not affected by the negative rumours. 

I have read about the rumors , but he seems like a steady person who is clear in this objective and purpose in life. So, I would like to believe he is okay but there is only so much a person can take before things start affecting them whether consciously or unconsciously. I just hope things calm down soon and people especially fans don't get pulled into it. 

This is one of the cons of being international fan, you hear a little bit of information but not the full story. I don’t even understand the full affect this can have on him, if any. But I hope with so much negativity, C-fans are able to spread some positivity. I wish there was a way we could trend positive things related to him.

On a positive note I read he got a new endorsement, I hope he gets more and more successful so that these Antis or whoever is behind these things won't be able to touch him.  :star:

Edited by Sahar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Zhu Yilong is getting better and better. He’s just got promoted as LV’s brand ambassador today! I heard that he’s the first Chinese LV brand ambassador ever in history. And just after those ridiculous rumors, he got entitled as L’Oreal’s brand spokesman, Product Ambassador for Tom Ford’s Fragrance and Cosmetics, and continued to be the world ambassador of WWF. It’s clear that those rumors were aimed to tarnish his business value (and didn’t work out.) I think those haters just feared that he got recognized by more and more people. Because ZYL just proved himself again by the excellent performing in Reunion as well as To Dear Myself. And I am sure he’s got more good shows and opportunities to come.

I just hope his next film or TV project will be a nice one. Let’s wait for some good news.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hello everybody, I am new here, thank you for making this forum, i've been reading this forum for 2 days, and still reading till page 34, still a long way to go ( I don't want to miss the information :D), but I want to say hi to you guys first. 
I am a new fan of Zhu Yi Long after watching Guardian (but i watched it recently this early year, so sad I don't recognize him early) and start rooting for him when The Lost Tomb Reboot season 1 airing. I actually already saw his work such as Royal Sister Return and Granting you a Dream like Life before but not into him yet. After watching him in Guardian, I start to admire him and searching of his work, interview, behind the scene, reality show, movies, and dramas he is in. I actively searching of his weibo everyday out of habit now, but I can just read it because I don't know chinese (so happy to find this forum).
He is such a great actor and wonderfull person, many of his words become motivation to me. After I know him, I am a bit selective watching drama and movie now (you can say my standard is high now LoL).

I am so happy he become so popular, get recognition, and have a lot of fan. I am making a weibo account just to follow his weibo :D (its the least I can do to support him as a fan :D). I really enjoyed and give thumbs up for all of his work (my favourites are Guardian, Phantacity, The Lost Tomb Reboot, To Dear myself, Granting you a Dream Like Life, The Story of Minglan). I really like when people start to discuss about his role, the development in the story, etc. Its so interesting when I read in weibo recently when To Dear my Self is airing and many people discuss it, its such a great experience (even if I can only read them :(, I am starting to study chinese because of this :D )

I am so gratefull he is into singing too and have a lot of ost in every drama/movie, very very very gratefull. He is so perfect that I can't ask more :D. 

As a fan, I just want to support him in his job as an actor, believe he will always give his best in everywork, not pressuring him, have a borderline between fan and actor, ignore all the negative rumors, wish him always have enough rest, be healthy till old, have a normal and happy life and of course always have time to enjoy his hotpot :D

• Like 4

On 11/4/2020 at 3:26 PM, Dian said:

Hello everybody, I am new here, thank you for making this forum, i've been reading this forum for 2 days, and still reading till page 34, still a long way to go ( I don't want to miss the information :D), but I want to say hi to you guys first. 
I am a new fan of Zhu Yi Long after watching Guardian (but i watched it recently this early year, so sad I don't recognize him early) and start rooting for him when The Lost Tomb Reboot season 1 airing. I actually already saw his work such as Royal Sister Return and Granting you a Dream like Life before but not into him yet. After watching him in Guardian, I start to admire him and searching of his work, interview, behind the scene, reality show, movies, and dramas he is in. I actively searching of his weibo everyday out of habit now, but I can just read it because I don't know chinese (so happy to find this forum).
He is such a great actor and wonderfull person, many of his words become motivation to me. After I know him, I am a bit selective watching drama and movie now (you can say my standard is high now LoL).

Welcome :approves:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...