[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

41 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

I really don't want to spoil the fun here... But there are some facts that I am confused of! :weary:

1. Na Wang Sik shot by head. But he's safe & sound!
  2. Na Wang Sik fell off the cliff. But again, he's safe & sound!
  3. Hae Han Ho just cut his hair & suddenly there was Choi Jin Hyuk!

Let's say that the first two is ok. But the writer could have done better with the third one! This is my opinion.

• There was a scene of Na Wang Sik climbing mountains.. Then he climbs as Tae Han Ho & at the top of the mountain, they show Choi Jin Hyuk!

Then it will be a little better proof that the time has physically changed for Na Wang Sik! I expected a logical fact for his transformation but, unfortunately it didn't happen! :cold_sweat:

if you are looking for logic in this drama, u are not gonna find it lol..everything about this drama is painful to watch (except choi jin hyuk) but i need to stay around to see how ridiculous can it get before the final ep..lol.. even the fashion is ridiculous..the emperor is holding a walking stick/cane like an 80 y/o grandpa..

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Matilda_Anne said:

if you are looking for logic in this drama, u are not gonna find it lol..everything about this drama is painful to watch (except choi jin hyuk) but i need to stay around to see how ridiculous can it get before the final ep..lol.. even the fashion is ridiculous..the emperor is holding a walking stick/cane like an 80 y/o grandpa..

Yes... You are right! It's my stupidity that I expected more... Then it's better to be blank!!

I kind of wondered also that why is he holding a stick all the time.. And Jang Na Ra is still naive & crazy over Lee jerk! :D Her curly hair is making her even more ridiculous to watch! She's still unaware of the evil moves by the Royals. But when the granny dies, I think Oh Sunny will come to her true senses & team up with Na Wang Sik.! Aha... Na Wang Sik is entering the palace as Chun Woo Bin!

The only good thing in this show is the granny!! She's too good to be among evil!! :(

2 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Yes... You are right! It's my stupidity that I expected more... Then it's better to be blank!!

I kind of wondered also that why is he holding a stick all the time.. And Jang Na Ra is still naive & crazy over Lee jerk! :D Her curly hair is making her even more ridiculous to watch! She's still unaware of the evil moves by the Royals. But when the granny dies, I think Oh Sunny will come to her true senses & team up with Na Wang Sik.! Aha... Na Wang Sik is entering the palace as Chun Woo Bin!

The only good thing in this show is the granny!! She's too good to be among evil!! :(

plot twist: the granny is the most evil of them all...lol.   at this rate, anything can happen. cant trust the writer 

korean dramas always like doing.............photocopies hahahaha

They took the triangle love story between Prince Charles; Diana and Camilla !

and I hope Jang Na Ra tries even one time playing a ' good character, differents characters " 

than " an innocent girl as she did !

She forgets her age or not !

A real and good artist must play many differents characters even dark!

10 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

plot twist: the granny is the most evil of them all...lol.   at this rate, anything can happen. cant trust the writer 

OMG! The granny is evil :sweatingbullets: How come..?!! My wifi network was refraining me from watching it with eng sub earlier!! Then I got a sense that something is strange.!.. I THINK I MUST WATCH IT PRONTO! Thanks for letting me know!

5 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

OMG! The granny is evil :sweatingbullets: How come..?!! My wifi network was refraining me from watching it with eng sub earlier!! Then I got a sense that something is strange.!.. I THINK I MUST WATCH IT PRONTO! Thanks for letting me know!

LOL no...i'm just making stuffs up coz this drama is super makjang hahaha

52 minutes ago, diane90 said:

korean dramas always like doing.............photocopies hahahaha

They took the triangle love story between Prince Charles; Diana and Camilla !

and I hope Jang Na Ra tries even one time playing a ' good character, differents characters " 

than " an innocent girl as she did !

She forgets her age or not !

A real and good artist must play many differents characters even dark!

There was a k-netizen comment about how it reflected the Charles, Diana, Camilla picture :lol: But for sure, Prince Charles isn't the only royal who existed who had infidelity issues.

Looks like there are a lot of commenters who are caught up with Oh Sunny being "innocent" "naive". We all know this is part of her character and as I've mentioned from Jang Nara's previous interviews, she will remain that way until episode 6. Her character will have growth as she battles to destroy the evils of the empire with Na Wang Shik. So, don't be caught up and look at her character as one dimensional. Actually, at this point, even if she has infatuation with the emperor (as our fitness instructor Woo Seon Sung said "everyone likes the emperor"), she is not blindly loving him. She has questions and doubted him multiple times after he rejected her. On the teaser, Oh Sunny seemed to have caught her husband with Min Yura one night. I think she will definitely have a hard time moving forward inside the imperial palace. She is at the mercy of everyone there and that will completely destroy her innocence as she unravels every skeleton in the closet inside the empire. So, I believe our writer Kim Soon-ok will give layers to her character.

By the way, did anybody else notice that at the beginning of episode 5, there is a disclaimer saying "This drama is a fictional depiction of a constitutional monarchy". Funny how they have to put that disclaimer. I don't know why some viewers can't take this drama lightly and just be entertained with it. It is clearly FICTON, people!

I admired Na Wang Sik because embodied the values of an Avenger - unbreakable both in strength and spirit. But no, my adoration began when I saw him blossom by eating less and exercising his guts off. More so when he suddenly turned into someone so handsome simply by cutting his hair.

I swear I will never think lightly of my yoga lessons and salon sessions again. 

Korean dramas never made me laugh so hard. I think I have never been more addicted.

52 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

LOL no...i'm just making stuffs up coz this drama is super makjang hahaha

My data connection DOESN'T allow me to watch the eng subbed eps & I find it super strange!! ... But looks like everyone is plotting against everyone!! And you are so right! Can't trust the writer at all! And I won't be surprised even if no one survives by the last second of the last ep!

Choi Jin Hyuk Makes Viewers Tense With Anticipation In “The Last Empress”

by sala12
6cac24b3b3a940c095b3668d7ec0ac34.jpeg?s=
SBS revealed stills from “The Last Empress,” in which Choi Jin Hyuk (Cheon Woo Bin) is looking for someplace in the dark palace.
In the stills, Cheon Woo Bin looks around the dark palace, despite the danger of being discovered. Viewers are curious to find out where Cheon Woo Bin is trying to go, and if he can make it there safely.
While rehearsing, Choi Jin Hyuk stayed serious, focusing on his character. Before filming, he also showed his passion by discussing with Joo Dong Min PD about his characters’ mindset.
Since he had no lines to deliver in the scene, Choi Jin Hyuk had to use only his eyes and expressions to portray the high tension.

I have to give actor Tae Hang Ho for his excellent acting in these first 4 episodes as Na Wang Sik. The funny, magical transformation aside, his acting as NWS was really good and now he’s passing the role to CJH. Looking forward to see if the spirit of NWS is passed on well lol 

after two long weeks of intense sun and scorching weather

yesterday rains decided to stop by and make a shower

which is something i welcome full heartedly and totally happy

it has been really hot here these days

but because of that mini storm event

i was left with no electricity for more than 12 hours, sweating bullets sleeping last night

only got the electric back this evening

haven't watch ep 3 yet because of the rain, the internet is down, slow, tried to download ep 3 and i was told that it would take me a whole two weeks to finish download one ep

hahaha

will watch later on tv, hopefully 

but reading the comments here make me laugh and anticipate to watch this ep

hahaha

looking forward for the whole drama later on

so tonight's ep would be their wedding day isnt it?

hmmm... i am looking forward for each ep because it means that we are getting closer to the end of the monarchy and the drama begins

but i am also dreading since that would mean it would be the start of sunny's suffering and heartache

so i got something right that lh agreed to marry sunny because of myr

but i do agree with @booha that i dont think what lh felt for myr can be seen as love

maybe he think he loves her for now, but that is because he is so used of being manipulated by women in his life that

he got a twisted and conceited view of love

cant blame him for that, growing up with the empress dowager as his mother and seeing how love being used by empress dowager 

and how suffocating her love is for him

he must think what what myr did for him must have be because of love as well

and what he felt for myr since its the same of what he experienced with his mom,

being trapped and cornered must have mean love as well

get ready lee hyuk ssi, oh sunny will come and show you what's real love looks like

and its for sure nothing like what you have experienced so far

(cant say about the late wife, since we dunno much about her just yet)

3 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

By the way, did anybody else notice that at the beginning of episode 5, there is a disclaimer saying "This drama is a fictional depiction of a constitutional monarchy". Funny how they have to put that disclaimer. I don't know why some viewers can't take this drama lightly and just be entertained with it. It is clearly FICTON, people!

gosh now i remember some of the netizens comments on the first and second ep of how this drama is ruining the history of the royal family and so on

so it has come to the extent that a disclaimer must be put on so that it could ease their mind

hahaha

4 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

the emperor is holding a walking stick/cane like an 80 y/o grandpa..

but wearing a cane or an umbrella is a gentleman's style, :tounge_wink:

maybe it's influenced by all the fiction novels i'm reading, but i find man with well tailored suits and equipped with a cane or black umbrella as an accessory, seems rather dashing and cool, just like our evil, wretched emperor

hated his guts, admiring his style

hahaha

^

with these much of makjangs and wittiness

she could be high when writing it

hahaha

havent watch yet

but manage to catch the last part bits airing on tv now

where sunny was performing and lee hyuk come to be her duet partner

gosh, makes me want them to have a drama where he is the lead

wonderful duet btw (from the bits i heard)

though have to say, it was so cringy, i burst out laughing when he comes out and started singing

it was so cliche and ott? a lil

if not for his evil-nes, he makes one interesting emperor 

:lol:

57 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

after two long weeks of intense sun and scorching weather

yesterday rains decided to stop by and make a shower

which is something i welcome full heartedly and totally happy

it has been really hot here these days

but because of that mini storm event

i was left with no electricity for more than 12 hours, sweating bullets sleeping last night

only got the electric back this evening

haven't watch ep 3 yet because of the rain, the internet is down, slow, tried to download ep 3 and i was told that it would take me a whole two weeks to finish download one ep

hahaha

OMG dear!!~~~~ Are you all right..??!! :cold_sweat: But I was thinking that you were nowhere near the thread lately! I really hope you are all right now!!! :heart:  And WHAT?! Two weeks to finish download one ep. I can imagine your frustration!!! :sweatingbullets:

I read about the negative and vicious comments Lee Elijah received for her role in this drama. I feel sorry for her that as an actress, she has to defend herself for playing a role! Yea, I didn't like the role she played in "Return of Hwang Geum Bok". However, after watching her on an episode of Running Man, my impression of her is that of a very sweet and cheerful person.

Anyone watched the episode tonight? I think this will be the first time I'm gonna criticize the editing. Episode 8, for me, started quite abruptly. I am not sure if they are short of time because of the commercials between episode 7 and 8. They are getting more commercials, I think. Their last one ended at 11:07 PM KST, so it even ate up the time for the next program. 

Spoiler

The wedding scene wasn't even shown. Episode 8 started with Oh Sunny hanging for her dear life and Na Wang Shik to her rescue. Did they assume that viewers already saw the wedding scene in the teaser and we're just ok with it? 

Last scene is kind of epic amongst all cheating scenes we probably see in kdramas. When Oh Sunny unknowingly goes for her massage and her husband is on the other side, supposedly also getting a massage for their "couple massage" but Min Yu Ra is doing a different thing to him. And they are just separated by a wood divider from each other.

Edit: I guess it is just my streaming that caused that abrupt start on episode 8 but I'm not sure. Anyway, there is a clip of the wedding scene floating around IG so I guess I'll just have to wait until subs are out to see the whole episode.

I'm looking at the real time comments of k-netz and it's like this forum. Some like it, some hate it, and some absolutely hates it :lol:

Archived