[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

i also have no problem in jang nara's acting and i believe in her ability to carry out any roles given to her

hahaha

she has always been associated with rom com and knowing her and even myself if i were an actress

for sure even once in my life i would want to try other roles as well

i think it's brave and admirable of her to branch out and try more than what she is labeled for and known to be good at

she is not the type that stays in her comfort zone just because it is what she is famous for

and she definitely not the type to turn down a challenge to prove herself even more

so fighting jang nara and also i am rooting for the development and growth of oh sunny as well

^_^

anyway malaysia korean channels are having jang nara's day these days

:D

we have re airing of hello monster on kbs world, go back couple on tvn channel and also her new drama the last empress on sbs one channel

if only mbc would re-air fated to love you

then it would be a slam dunk

hahaha

anyway looking at pics update from @booha above

makes me realised something

what if lee hyuk agreed to marry sunny just to save the woman he supposed to love, myr?

what if empress dowager threaten them that if he didnt marry sunny, she would do something to myr?

and lee hyuk blinded by his undying love, finally agreed to marry sunny

hence why it takes a while for them to get marry, he must have use so many excuses to not get marry

while trying to get rid of sunny

till the empress dowager get restless, or maybe some trigger happened that she uses that tactic

if that is the reason why he married sunny, that is the worst?

"i dont like you but i'm marrying you because i am protecting someone else, and now i despise you and hate you because i am totally blaming you for what happen to me and all the inconveniences to my love"

the worse :persevere:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone... What's up..??!

Just look at Jang Na Ra..!. How come everyone's noona is a barbie doll herself..??!! :wub: I don't really like her Oh Sunny at the moment but, I am proud that she's a versatile actress & a singer in K-Industry!! LOVE HER!!~~ :wub: And please don't make me dislike you with Oh Sunny, Jang Na Ra!!!!!

:wub: ---------------------This woman is gorgeous by all means --------------------- :wub:

46953533_2099903390321196_29006465016864

And it's tomorrow! I don't wanna keep high hopes & rather keep it low! Well then, WAITING!!!!

I was going to give this drama up after the first episode, but decided to give the second episode a try.  I am glad I did, I will be sticking with this drama until the end. 

It reminds me of an historical drama, but set in the modern era; the overbearing, power hungry queen mother; the scheming (in earlier centuries it would have been a noble consort) personal secretary; and the ruthless king and his "cleaners" (elite soldiers).   Therefore, life is still dangerous in the palace. Even in 2018 you can lose your life in the palace.  I love Jang Na-Ra as Oh Su-Ni or Sunny.  She is great in this part. The only problem I have so far is her clothes.  Why do they have to be so ugly???  Sunny's character can be naive without looking frumpy and tattered.  What's with that?  Maybe someone can explain it to me.  In most Korean dramas, why do nice and/or naive female characters wear such awful clothes?   Is a nice shirt/blouse/sweater and a decent looking dress, skirt, or pair of pants too expensive for a nice or naive woman? Is it that nice or naive women don't know how to dress?  Okay, I am finish with my pet peeve.

So far I am enjoying this drama and cannot wait until the next episode. 

Few points from  'Nov. 27th SBS ‘Night of TV Entertainment':  
Sunny:The writer’s drama rule is the female lead’s complete transformation. So JNR said there will be change in Sunny but it’s more likely emotional change in various forms after she enters the palace ((**One could be about her adulation for emperor?  Sunny is an emperor maniac.  A poor girl ))  
MYR: Elijah  “Rather than having strong venomous charm, the character is more human and complex."
LH:  SSR  "Though he is a villain,  he is weaker than the one in Return.  He is surrounded with all these women, Dowager & MYR & granny dowager" ((**with their razor beams aiming at him. scary  It isn’t easy to be an emperor. yup hehe))   SSR said LH’s rather pitiful  but JNR responded with nay.  According mc, it’s because SSR’s next shooting was about LH & MYR  haha   

12 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

anyway looking at pics update from @booha above

makes me realised something

what if lee hyuk agreed to marry sunny just to save the woman he supposed to love, myr?

what if empress dowager threaten them that if he didnt marry sunny, she would do something to myr?

and lee hyuk blinded by his undying love, finally agreed to marry sunny

hence why it takes a while for them to get marry, he must have use so many excuses to not get marry

while trying to get rid of sunny

till the empress dowager get restless, or maybe some trigger happened that she uses that tactic

if that is the reason why he married sunny, that is the worst?

"i dont like you but i'm marrying you because i am protecting someone else, and now i despise you and hate you because i am totally blaming you for what happen to me and all the inconveniences to my love"

the worse :persevere:

I don’t think LH is capable of loving someone. :tears:   After all he was born into a royal family  as the first son.   Having such a dominant mom, probably he never had a chance to be his own man. Everything was given to him including the emperor chair.  To me it sounds like LH may have entitlement mentality. This can be seen in how he ordered his righthand man to clean up his mess. 

Like Dowager  MYR knows how his mind works so she came out with the scheme to entice LH. MYR made him believe she would die for him. As soon as LH heard it, his expression changed and he said he’s the emperor and he would take care of her.   He didn’t say he loved her. MYR stroked his ego and he caved in. lol  :mellow:

17 hours ago, stella77 said:

Need to catch-up and watch this one for myself since there seems to be a diverse range of feelings and thoughts about this drama.

Come back and tell us what you think...

It seems that this is a drama that falls into "love it or hate it" category...

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Absolutely true... I want to love it! But there are some people that I simply hate it! :crazy: Looks like Lee Hyuk is officially proposing Oh Sunny! And this is like Beauty & the Beast with Oh sunny been the beauty & Lee Hyuk is the beast! Hopefully Choi Jin Hyuk will appear today so, I am giving it another chance! :wub:

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Total Makjang aside and accepting it, I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes. It wasn’t predictable and much darker than I imagined, which is a nice surprise. Everyone was good in their respective roles and the plot progressed along. 

Yes, JNR’s character is the weakest this far — a clueless, basic fan girl. However, I don’t get the criticism (mind you I have just seen only he first 2 episodes). The character is true to herself to date and she doesn’t know of the reality and the true characters of the Emperor or the royal family like we the viewers do etc. The royal family is fun and I can’t wait to learn why the Empress is creepy stalking her son and all its dysfunctionalness. 

I cant wait until CJH comes on board too. 

52 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Yes, JNR’s character is the weakest this far — a clueless, basic fan girl. However, I don’t get the criticism (mind you I have just seen only he first 2 episodes). The character is true to herself to date and she doesn’t know of the reality and the true characters of the Emperor or the royal family like we the viewers do etc. The royal family is fun and I can’t wait to learn why the Empress is creepy stalking her son and all its dysfunctionalness. 

Completely agree . I actually liked what I hv seen so far . It’s a nice departure from all the rom-com webtoon adaptations that have been on offer lately  . I think Jang Nara is doing fine as an innocent & star struck gal - caught in a web of deceit and being used as a distraction to cover the emperor’s misdeed, and is now unwittingly becoming the Empress’ tool to reduce Yu Ra’s hold on her son. 

I agree that @ktcjdrama this drama is one that will polarise the audience - love it or loathe it . I Guess I belong to the first as  I don’t find myself bored , plot is quite unpredictable and we have some layered villains in Yu Ra and the Emperor.  Found it interesting that the emperor had initially wanted to get rid of YuRa , but  she knew how to move and manipulate his feelings . Sly indeed but I hv to say it makes good television- the bedroom scene of her taunting the Mother Empress was very juicy in a Desperate Housewives kind of way :lol:. The mother is overly possessive and controlling of her Son in a most scary unhealthy manner . When she shaved him and pecked his lips , I do think it’s to show she still thinks of him as her little boy, though there’s that yucky feeling to it . ( lol-  SSR gets kissed by everyone eh! ) 

Anyway looking forward to Wan Sik upgrade today ! 

57 minutes ago, triplem said:

I agree that @ktcjdrama this drama is one that will polarise the audience - love it or loathe it . I Guess I belong to the first as  I don’t find myself bored , plot is quite unpredictable and we have some layered villains in Yu Ra and the Emperor.  Found it interesting that the emperor had initially wanted to get rid of YuRa , but  she knew how to move and manipulate his feelings . Sly indeed but I hv to say it makes good television- the bedroom scene of her taunting the Mother Empress was very juicy in a Desperate Housewives kind of way :lol:. The mother is overly possessive and controlling of her Son in a most scary unhealthy manner . When she shaved him and pecked his lips , I do think it’s to show she still thinks of him as her little boy, though there’s that yucky feeling to it . ( lol-  SSR gets kissed by everyone eh! ) 

Anyway looking forward to Wan Sik upgrade today ! 

Yes, yes, yes.... CHJ!!!!

Agreeing that I don't find myself bored as well for the same above reason, in fact I dived into ep.2 right away and couldn't wait for ep.3 to air. That shaving part, it's weird but that's why I am intrigued... why?... and then he was very tense and scared, yet he couldn't say no, I don't need a shave today. He really didn't need one that day, imo, lol.....

Sigh, all three great dramas on Weds-Thurs... and I haven't even started on that new one that we've waited for a long time to start. How to manage my time??? :crazy::P

Saw the episode tonight...so many WTF and LOL moments but I am entertained :D Now we know for Na Wang Shik to have such a Choi Jin Hyuk body, we don't need plastic surgery or liposuction...just plain HARD WORK (like blood, sweat, and tears) and a Rocky type of work-out :lol: 

And emperor Lee Hyuk did sing haha..I wasn't expecting that but before this drama started I was hoping for him to sing because Shin Sung rok have a good singing voice and he had a brief duet with Jang Nara :lol:

Here's an IG clip of what appears to be a behind the scenes of Jang Nara's performance as the lead in her play. It looks like they filmed with one take only :thumbsup:

Omo! Upgrade is complete! Screams because oppa is finally on screen :D

Our emperor was looking for the ultimate body guard. Someone impressed him ! 

Spoiler

Can’t wait to watch with subs 

Preview

Watched the whole raw eps just to witness the entrance of Choi Jin Hyuk!! Well, he's in the final few minutes! And then again, my thoughts are kind of exactly. He's entering the palace as Jeong Gyo Bin or something, hiding his true identity as Na Wang Sik! And Lee Hyuk seems to be shocked with the sudden bodyguard surprise! Oh Sunny is still the same old naive lady that is smitten by the jerk King! And everyone in the palace is seem to deceive each other! Lee Hyuk & Min Yu Ra are flirting! In the meantime, Lee Hyuk & Oh Sunny are getting married!

That's the summary for ep 5-6!

Archived