[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

OMG ridiculous scene with teacher and doc. Doc had to go to the bathroom real bad and teacher came up to her right at that time to talk to her. She ran into the bathroom stall but he stayed there talking to her. Yeah, it was ridiculous and gross lol. I am pretty sure Teacher heard it all. They are both embarrassed it seems. I can't with scenes like this lol. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CEO and NJ get a call about something. Think about YB and KS. NJ seems to be taking credit for it. Here come YB and KS. She greets CEO. YB looking so handsome in his suit. I don't think CEO wants the relationship to go public. But YB is acting like he's gonna be all kinds of public with KS. They are being cuties. 

Oh they are back at designer friend shop. The designer's facial expressions lol. YB being all sweet with KS, making the designer guy gawk. Think he wants to buy an outfit for KS' grandma too. 

Teacher - doc scene . Villagers etc are still in hotel .She’s got a tummy ache ..

( sorry i was not paying attention to the scene ) 

NJ with Manager. Hyung gets a call that YB is in town . NJ so happy that Means YB & KS are together. YB brings kS to the office . Haha she’s got a most strange accent talking to Hyung & NJ. She’s truly a country bumpkin. The things she says shocked them  but YB finds them cute much,  to the other two’s amazement 

YB brings KS to get dressed at the designer’s . He did mention something about grandma here though. Maybe get something for her 

island - MD fixes kS shop sign. md parents try to make him feel better at brekkie . We love you , they tell him . KS calls .,she’s coming back . mD dad tried to hide if from him

but MD knew ...he’s such a good fellow ..meets them at the jetty ....

MD is so amazing good . He takes the two for coffee . KS apologise , he says don’t worry ...unicorn Shi ..you better take care of kS. YB nods & says for sure. Very sensitively done scene . 

Later YB & MD alone ..yB thanks Md ..they shake hands . I wanna cry 

Back to the island. MD is fixing the sign on KS' shop I think. So nice MD. He's come to sit down and eat with his parents. They made a lotttt of food. I guess to try and cheer him up. Man they're making me hungry. KS calls and MD's dad answers. He's gotta go pick them up. MD says something to him which makes his mom look sad. Think MD trying to put on brave face. Oh wow, MD is there to greet them. KS pulls her hand away from YB when she sees him. They go to sit down somewhere to talk. KS feels awkward to sit down. I think they are on the 2nd island. The one they take to get to the main island. KS apologizing to MD. Guess MD giving YB the whole obligatory you better take care of her talk. Can we finally have peace between these two? YB smiling and nodding at what MD is saying. YB now thanking MD by himself, I think for letting KS go. They shook hands, awwwwwwwww. A "man" handshake. KS and YB get on the boat for MD to take them back. KS accepts YB's hand, even with MD watching. All seems right with the world.

MD's parents greet the three of them off the boat. They take MD and run off with him. KS looks concerned. YB gives her a pat like it's OK. Awww I think YB is nervous that Grandma doesn't like him. Grandma is making food with one of the old ladies. DC's parents come by. Guess they are eagerly anticipating Top Boyfriend arrival. OK old lady seems to be spilling a secret about YB. It's gotta be some misunderstanding. Grandma looks aghast. Lol oh lord I need to know what was said. 

YB and KS arrive. Grandma just gets up and walks off. This must be the obstacle they are facing. 

All three walk together back to the village . Even MD parents are awesome..welcoming Ks & YB openly ..kS feels touched & a little bad . yB gives her an understanding look 

YB ask KS if grandma will be ok with him. She says grandma likes him. But he’s unsure of it 

Omg ..suddenly the forgetful grandma remembered what she overheard YB saying on the phone . It’s not good ..grandma looks sad .  I think they all think he’s got another woman? 

1 minute ago, turtlegirl said:

MD's parents greet the three of them off the boat. They take MD and run off with him. KS looks concerned. YB gives her a pat like it's OK. Awww I think YB is nervous that Grandma doesn't like him. Grandma is making food with one of the old ladies. DC's parents come by. Guess they are eagerly anticipating Top Boyfriend arrival. OK old lady seems to be spilling a secret about YB. It's gotta be some misunderstanding. Grandma looks aghast. Lol oh lord I need to know what was said. 

YB and KS arrive. Grandma just gets up and walks off. This must be the obstacle they are facing. 

I think I know. When YB was on the phone with NJ, he shortened “dating idiot” into two words which could also mean “impotent” or something like that. 

Just now, turtlegirl said:

Remember yoobaek was upset with namjoo for giving bad dating advice. And called each other dating idiot. Somehow it sounds like eunuch or something. The forgetful grandma overheard. 

That was probably the reason. Oh dear.  

OK, YB and KS are kneeling in front of Grandma, I guess asking for her blessing. Everyone is watching and cringing. What is being saiddddddd. It seems like she approved for a second then she was like Wait and YB and KS' faces turned to disbelief. Now YB and KS are begging pretty much. Everyone on the sidelines doing like a play by play like it's a football game lol. Grandma walks off. She does not approve I don't think. KS goes off after her. OK, they're like it's cuz what old lady heard over the phone. YB is like WHAT no that's not what that was. (Sorry I have no idea what the misunderstanding is but I am sure it's super funny). Everyone seems relieved that the misunderstanding was just that. Poor YB just sweating bullets though. 

YB & KS arrive home ..oh dear ..it’s a little bit tense & some how funny ..lots of whispers about YB secret ...the couple kneeling in front of grandma ...hmm she’s Not approving of them & walks away , clearly she misunderstood.  The other villagers who were there tell him it’s because of what he said over the phone call...he had to explain himself . It’s a slang problem. These villagers are nuts ..clapping at his explanation., driving him nuts 

Grandma is crying on the rocks by the sea. KS trying to comfort her. MD's dad is making an announcement on the loudspeaker so KS's grandma can hear. OK if it's about him not being impotent that is HILARIOUS. YB is listening and covering his ears. He walks up on MD who is laughing at him. Grandma comes running up to him. She's so happy that whatever it was it wasn't true!  I don't know there was a lot going on there. MD's mom starting slapping MD. I dunno what's going on lol. There were also goats in that scene. 

Meanwhile grandma & KS are talking by the sea, Halmoni feeling sad . But MD dad using the PA system calls for grandma & explains the whole misunderstanding to her . Good lord the whole village can hear it . The air is cleared! Grand Ma comes running to embrace YB . Lol. 

Grandma, KS, and YB sitting down to eat. Grandma says sorry to YB. I guess this is where YB says he wants to marry KS and give her lots of kids to keep her from being lonely. Grandma is saying some heartfelt words to YB. I think about the island and how different it is from Seoul. YB tearing up. He gives her the outfit he got in Seoul. Grandma is impressed. KS gives YB a sweet smile like you did well YB good job. 

Okay so grandma wants grandkids eh & is worried about his impotency ..kkkkk ..this drama is crazy sometimes...

anyway scene as per preview where grandma ask YB if he intends to marry KS . Nice scene of them eating together ..YB scores brownie points as he gave a nice gift to grandma 

Doc - teacher scene , she tried to run away when he came to look for her 

KS takes out the savings book that MD dad gave her. YB gives her the understanding look She goes to see ahjussi.  She can’t take the money.  He won’t take it back , he sees Ks as his own Daughter. He’s such a nice man

ks comes back crying ..so moved by it...yB wipes her tears & hugs her 

Teacher goes to meet with Doc. But doc runs out the window. These two I swear. 

KS sitting with Grandma in her room. She pulls something out of a drawer. Not sure what it is. KS seems sad. She goes outside and YB looks sad too. Oh, KS is returning the stuff that MD's dad gave her (I forget what it was...a savings fund? or something like that). MD's dad won't take it back. Sad OST playing. KS comes up to YB, still holding it in her hand, YB wipes away her tears and hugs her awwww. 

OMG NJ is looking at himself in the mirror, remembering all the people on the island who were admiring his looks. He's gonna get so full of himself now. He's pulling apart food I think trying to look sexy but he looks like an idiot. 

Seoul - NJ , Hyung & DC eating together 

The two old grandmas trying to solve their maths homework?? Lol! But suddenly it dawns on one of them something is wrong with her memory They go see doc for a check up . She runs some tests , testing her memory . Poor lady crying ..

( sorry minimum caps from me here for non OTP related scenes :D ) 

Archived