[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello chingus!

So happy to see this thread so llively!

I had been anticipating this drama since I'm a big fan of KJS.  

I must admit that being this drama aired on Fridays only had me hanging dry.

I want more but sadly when there's more we often got fillers so I'm happy too with what we got.

@triplem chingu-deul aw so happy to see you livecapping this drama. Can't help much with livecaps as my net isn't friendly on Fridays when I'm back home.

RL is hard these days, rarely had time to visit the forum.  ONly YB had me running here to see the updates.

Just can't keep quiet anymore so I posted just to say hi to everyone and to thank you all for all the updates.

Live caps 

repeat scene of everyone welcoming Madol. YB scoffing and jealous 

anyway mD family takes him back to his house . 

YB goes back to KS hse . Sees a lot of smoke coming from kitchen . Aigoo so cute KS & granny makes scramble eggs , salad , Americano for breakfast! They cooked a whole mountain of it . yB is surprised . Ks & granny eat the salad with kimchi sauce . They are so sweet 

i think they talk about it MD . yB feels troubled.  Hmmm 

MD back In his room . He looks at old photo Flashback of he & KS when they were young. She can’t wait to be tall . I think she / he says marry her when she’s tall or something. They are close . He carry her the way he did at the port

Back to the present - MD gives presents to his parents. They are happy he’s back .  I think they want him to settle down . ( Sang Yeob’s satoori is good too . 

Ahh granny is cleaning some utensils. Then she says that KS forgot her tools to dig abalone. He says I’ll take it to her . Granny was surprised. To thank you for your scrambled eggs . @annie1234 he says so many times ! 

He goes to Ks . She was getting ready to dive . And he gave her the tools, realised she’s got some injury on her hand . He was concerned & held it ..then he held back .. they continue their usual cute bickering . She’s talking non / stop , he’s still trying to put up his TOP Star front :D 

regardless , he accompanied her to go dive for abAlones . They continue their cute bickering at sea . He softens often at her admonishing him all the time . He may disagree with her on the surface but her life views and the things she tells him off about are touching his heart

mD visits the village folk 

ks goes back to change. YB waits outside . He hears her scream. He was going to open the door . But Ho Ho MD stops him . She’s ok . She came out . She & MD have a lot to talk . They are obviously very comfortable physically with each other , wrestle like brothers...wahhhh you need to see YB’s jealousy !!! Granny senses something 

yB goes off on his own to play his Remote control helicopter

back to Seoul - YB manager me checking YB car since the paparazzi incident . They were trying to find the SD car . Nam jo was there- he said the cake went missing . Manager trying to think why YB would hv a cake . Is it for a girl ? 

Back to island - KS putting cucumbers on MD face . Wind blowing her hair she’s looking all pretty . He stares at her ..feelings !!! He quickly gets up , she talks to him like a brother. Granny ask where’s TOP Star . Ks says she’ll look for him , md says he’ll go . KS says actually TOP Star is just like a child or something..

MD finds YB ...war of words . TOP Star of island vs TOP star of Seoul . Lmao! Both seem very competitive. MD even hit him ..saying some insect or something. YB was like what’s up with this dude 

MD dad gave a pretty dress to KS who was so happy . I think they are having welcoming party for MD later 

YB realise the boat captain that drop MD off is the same boat man. He was annoyed that  he didn’t realise it quickly . He goes off to look for MD . 

MD telling all his adventures to the village folk . They ask YB to sit down & keep quiet . The crowd ask mD to sing ..clapping & cheering him. He’s In silver jacket & performing . YB is like what the heck. Is this a fan meeting ?lol! 

Everyone starts dancing & even drag YB to do so. He saw ks & md dance ! Lol - he’s so jealous 

Seoul - manager & Nam jo finds receipt for cake & tracks to cake shop - they confirm that YB came to buy it 

Island - now MD & YB sit face to face - war of words - ahhh MD challenge YB to arm wrestle.  YB says he’s never lost , I think that gave incentive to YB to agree . Chopsu ,YB says :D 

the arrn wrestling scene is too funny . Finally YB says KS name . Omo , MD lost concentration & YB won

YB tossing in bed . mD comes to look for ks.  The scene of him saying about her marrying him? Don’t joke ..he says I’m not ..then he breaks the silence ..and twists her ears ..joking??!

omo..the scene of KS on her roof TOP in purple & YB in red . The two continues their cute bickering. 

Omo ..he goes to her & puts his arm against the wall .. stares straight at her .heart beating fast ...he breaks the silence with chopsu! 

1 minute ago, triplem said:

YB tossing in bed . mD comes to look for ks.  The scene of him saying about her marrying him? Don’t joke ..he says I’m not ..then he breaks the silence ..and twists her ears ..joking??!

omo..the scene of KS on her roof TOP in purple & YB in red . The two continues their cute bickering. 

Omo ..he goes to her & puts his arm against the wall .. stares straight at her .heart beating fast ...he breaks the silence with chopsu! 

I wonder whose heart we were hearing.. :wub:

IHY cameo..manager & Nam Jo ..meet her , they think she could be the recipient of the cake ..lol! She’s so extra...she’s really female YB, she’s scoffing that they think she’d go for him

omo! ks is getting all made up by Doctor !!!!! So sweet . Doc ask why she’s getting dolled up..she’s like oh it’s nothing ..gave some excuse  ..

teacher cleaning the window , she goes to him & cleans the other side ..she keeps wanting to hv eye contact with him..he tried to avoid . Omo! Flashback of their back story ..they were lovers who broke up in Seoul ! Aigoo ! 

KS goes bAck to her house ..she looks around . YB - who are you looking for . She turns around ..her face with full make up . YB is surprised . He laughs . He’s like what did you do to your face . She’s so mad at him . Aigoo YB , isn’t it obvious? 

Ks  makes kimbap. She ask him to come & eat . He looks at it with disgust. Ok the kimbap must remind him of his past. She was so mad when he pushed it away , they argue over it 

when he was young in hospital,  his mum made kimbap for him . A man  came in , YB hates him . I hv a feeling it’s his step dad. Not sure need subs.  The mum , the man & manager talk about him , YB heard it all . Was not pleasant. He threw the kimbap mum made 

Ks was angry at YB ..She washing clothes very angrily.  YB knew he was in the wrong earlier.  He wanted to say something but MD came . He goes pack his stuff 

Both YB & KS sitting Alone thinking

YB takes his luggage - oh is he going back ??? Granny brought some food for his journey . He’s touched 

ks is diving for abalones , he goes to see her, Guess to say goodbye . He’s in that white shirt by the way :D

She’s like what he’s doing here ...he’s like well .. he sees the jar with the sea urchins - she gave some explanation about it , she went down to dive . He realises it’s too Long. He panics , dived in to look for her. Can’t find her , realises she is up in shore 

topstar Shi - why are you all wet? He’s like are you crAzy etc. She’s like why would you worry ? He’s like why would I be worried? He walks off in a huff. He’s indeed worried ,

Teacher & the kid in class having a lesson

KS is back home , mad at YB. She looks at his room. She felt something, she pulled some towel off the drying line   .,.YB stood before her ..he walks up to her ..omg ! I think he’s staying ..I’m not sure if he’s confessed yet ..but the scene is so heart fluttering . Especially the way he walk up to her

__ end_

preview has many sweet scenes & OTP interactions but also the love triangle heats up ! The nice scene of them looking for clams at night is next Friday . Oh god how to wait. 

58 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

@triplem I can’t wait for the subs! I want to know if he confessed or not at the end!!! :wub:

Will try my best to translate the Chinese subs to English tmr, if the English subs are not up yet. Thank you chinggu!

Yes we really need your explanation if you can . Thanks loadS. Today was another fantastic episode! 

—-/—

IG cuts are being uploaded 

They made him scrambled eggs 

He noted her injured hand 

My heart fluttered here ( ending scene !)

What did he tell her ??! 

Spoiler

Hi dearest @nonski come join us ! 

Spoiler

I am not sure if this is spoiler but in the bts released before there was a scene were MD was looking sad at somebody standing afar. I think it was YB and KS kissing or hugging and later I think there is a scene were he confronts her about it and she admits. i could be totally wrong because nothing was clear in that bts video. 

Thanks @triplem for the livecaps.

BTW are we really skipping the I-am-in-love-but-I-don't-want-to-acknowledge-it-instead-I-will-be-mean-to-her trope. Why? that's the usual route though. :P Top star shi is little arrogant and all but he is nice too. He seems to be little tsundre but the fact that our KS is a fiesty girl who is all tit for tat with him makes it very fun.  It's so refreshing to see two genuinely nice people slowly falling in love without any mind games. I hope they will keep KS like this until the end.

KS reminds me of dada from Something about 1% but top star shi seems to be a nicer person than Jae In. All these arrogant tsundre people need some charming girl to heal them.

Archived