27 minutes ago, LauLau said:

I've made this observation that I want to note here... it might be due to his position in SuperM and newly growing fandom, but Taemin seems to have truly re-adopted a "rookie mindset" when it comes to relationships and dating lately. He kind of made good progress on warming up his fans to the idea of him being an adult who also freely expresses his sexuality on stage, etc, while quietly dating in real life (as he finally revealed on Radio Star) but I was watching SuperM's As You Wish second episode yesterday where he once again claims to have no dating experience. No one buys his "motae solo" act any more. This is almost definitely because of SuperM's influence (and likely his way of trying to blend in with his younger members from NCT) but it slightly irks me that he thinks he has to lie or make excuses about his dating life when he's probably less than a year away from his army enlistment cutoff date, while also being close to hitting 30 years of age. The whole anti-dating culture of Kpop irks me but still... He may be my ult bias, but I don't always approve of his way of thinking lol <_<

This is also why Taeunians should not get upset if Taemin ever makes more comments suggesting that he doesn't date or has never dated before since he pretty much lied with his whole chest in that episode... it actually reminded me of one time when Jonghyun claimed to have never dated or kissed before back in like 2015-2017, despite already having been in a public relationship back in 2010-2011 :sweatingbullets: In other news, Naeun has apparently learned to drive now so she can sneak off on dates in her own car now too! :wub:

Omg, I thought the exact same thing but know how people can get when commenting on Taemin's behavior/decisions... He has definitely regressed in terms of getting his fans to see him as an adult or someone who can and should date. I first noticed this with his Lysn messages which were pretty cutesy, but then the one where he talked about buying the diamond ring. Umph! This is not going to make it any easier for him. I think he may be going through some mid mid-life (quarter life? lol) crisis with all this talk about being forgotten or left behind. Maybe the reality of enlisting soon is setting in and he's panicking? I definitely don't understand why he would go back to saying he's never dated when the internet exists...  It's also possible he's been told to say these things because he was promoting with SuperM. Endless theories, but for sure I agree it can feel frustrating because it's just not good for the industry in general. I work in mental health, and it really stresses me out seeing how idols put their personal lives in the backseat for the sake of fans. :unsure:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I agree with all of you, and it is actually very strange to see Taemin music showing a good amount of maturity (for The themes he express and also for his involvement in the creative process) and then he behaving as childlike as he feels. I start here some other thoughts...
Maybe I am wrong, but I think he let his childlike behavior be completely free after Jonghyun death, because before, during the Move era, he was portraying a more adult behavior, what do you think? I remember watching an interview in 2018 where he said that when he was young he wanted to grow up and be adult and more manly, while now he only wants to return a child. His new “rookie style“ is emphatasized with SuperM, but also when he was with Shinee in 2018, I am a bit worried it is driven a lot by the military proximity and facing another audience (USA and Europe) as a Hyung when he always was the precious maknae, a status that got the love of many fans, who still comment on his video as him as a “baby”.
And when I see Naeun, on the other side, I see a girl fully accepting her becoming a woman, trying step by small step to embrace her little fears, in a society that openly scrutinize And judge women for their looks (and we know uri Naeun was always insicure about her appearance, and didn’t considered her the prettiest of Apink). I wonder how is she thinking about this change in Taemin.

Anyway I Taemin is putting his youthful side on for the sake of audience, and maybe because he feels he is more secure in it. But he has also a very mature side that he often hide, SuperM have commented on his professionality, commitment and other inshight about him, so I guess I hope he will feel more at ease to show this side too at his fans, if this will make him more serene. But I guess he will talk about his dating life only when he will be more secure professionally, gaining recognition not only as an idol, but as an artist (a process already in progress).

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, LauLau said:

I've made this observation that I want to note here... it might be due to his position in SuperM and newly growing fandom, but Taemin seems to have truly re-adopted a "rookie mindset" when it comes to relationships and dating lately. He kind of made good progress on warming up his fans to the idea of him being an adult who also freely expresses his sexuality on stage, etc, while quietly dating in real life (as he finally revealed on Radio Star) but I was watching SuperM's As You Wish second episode yesterday where he once again claims to have no dating experience. No one buys his "motae solo" act any more. This is almost definitely because of SuperM's influence (and likely his way of trying to blend in with his younger members from NCT) but it slightly irks me that he thinks he has to lie or make excuses about his dating life when he's probably less than a year away from his army enlistment cutoff date, while also being close to hitting 30 years of age. The whole anti-dating culture of Kpop irks me but still... He may be my ult bias, but I don't always approve of his way of thinking lol <_<

This is also why Taeunians should not get upset if Taemin ever makes more comments suggesting that he doesn't date or has never dated before since he pretty much lied with his whole chest in that episode... it actually reminded me of one time when Jonghyun claimed to have never dated or kissed before back in like 2015-2017, despite already having been in a public relationship back in 2010-2011 :sweatingbullets: In other news, Naeun has apparently learned to drive now so she can sneak off on dates in her own car now too! :wub:

Maybe he's been like that nowadays/recently, because he's been longing of seeing his fans, and with the situation right now because of covid, many of his concerts and fanmeets are cancelled. Maybe he has this fear that fans might leave him? Thats why he felt the need to reassure his fans that he's loyal to them, that he's not dating, (w/c is completely absurd we don't own our idols period), and so maybe he hasn't truly realized that he's adapting a "rookie mindset" again. Since i feel like this situation of not seeing fans constantly is kind of depressing to idols, especially those that have been in the industry for so long like Taemin. Imagine that for 12yrs, he's used to seeing fans on a daily basis, interacting with them etc. and then this covid happened so no fans present to his comebacks/shows. 

I've been frustrated/irked actually when he roleplay with his fans acting like their bf. He's breeding delulu fans doing things like that ugh. But oh well, its his life so I just have to respect that. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, lallinachan_ said:

I agree with all of you, and it is actually very strange to see Taemin music showing a good amount of maturity (for The themes he express and also for his involvement in the creative process) and then he behaving as childlike as he feels. I start here some other thoughts...
Maybe I am wrong, but I think he let his childlike behavior be completely free after Jonghyun death, because before, during the Move era, he was portraying a more adult behavior, what do you think? I remember watching an interview in 2018 where he said that when he was young he wanted to grow up and be adult and more manly, while now he only wants to return a child. His new “rookie style“ is emphatasized with SuperM, but also when he was with Shinee in 2018, I am a bit worried it is driven a lot by the military proximity and facing another audience (USA and Europe) as a Hyung when he always was the precious maknae, a status that got the love of many fans, who still comment on his video as him as a “baby”.
And when I see Naeun, on the other side, I see a girl fully accepting her becoming a woman, trying step by small step to embrace her little fears, in a society that openly scrutinize And judge women for their looks (and we know uri Naeun was always insicure about her appearance, and didn’t considered her the prettiest of Apink). I wonder how is she thinking about this change in Taemin.

Anyway I Taemin is putting his youthful side on for the sake of audience, and maybe because he feels he is more secure in it. But he has also a very mature side that he often hide, SuperM have commented on his professionality, commitment and other inshight about him, so I guess I hope he will feel more at ease to show this side too at his fans, if this will make him more serene. But I guess he will talk about his dating life only when he will be more secure professionally, gaining recognition not only as an idol, but as an artist (a process already in progress).

I'm not sure, but for me I felt like he became more mature after Jonghyun's death. In a way that, unlike before he realizes that his happiness should be his priority above all else. His insights in this "The Stage"  is very matured actually. You'll realized how his way of thinking matured over the years. Like how he just want to be remembered more than a title, but as Taemin-  not one of many idols but artist Taemin. And how he says that someday when he gets married and have kids, he wants to proudly say to them that he had left a mark in the world/industry. 

And how now he's more vocal to his fans telling them his worries and struggles, he's not like that before if I'm not mistaken. Just like in this vid, where he's telling his internal struggles and fear that people might not like what he's doing. I'm just so proud to him, for not being afraid to tell the world his real thoughts and feeling. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually, I take back what I said partially. I think this started when was promoting Criminal. I got confused because the two (Criminal and SuperOne promos) overlapped so much... I think Taemin has been acting more mature with SuperM as an older member. Even his mannerisms give me old man/dad vibes (like how he was helping the client/actor write a love letter). Then again in Mtopia when he was dubbed "TAEMresa," (still lol about that one) and took care off the members by shopping, etc. Albeit, this was during his wrist injury but he definitely seemed more paternal. I also agree with @Paninini about how this must be such a traumatic experience for someone who has lived 12 years in constant contact with their fans, in the spotlight, etc. And as with many people who experience trauma or such a dramatic change to their "normal," they can begin to regress i.e. go back to what is familiar or safe.

I am probably thinking way too much into it, and he's just being silly. :P

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paninini said:

I'm not sure, but for me I felt like he became more mature after Jonghyun's death. In a way that, unlike before he realizes that his happiness should be his priority above all else. His insights in this "The Stage"  is very matured actually. You'll realized how his way of thinking matured over the years. Like how he just want to be remembered more than a title, but as Taemin-  not one of many idols but artist Taemin. And how he says that someday when he gets married and have kids, he wants to proudly say to them that he had left a mark in the world/industry. 

And how now he's more vocal to his fans telling them his worries and struggles, he's not like that before if I'm not mistaken. Just like in this vid, where he's telling his internal struggles and fear that people might not like what he's doing. I'm just so proud to him, for not being afraid to tell the world his real thoughts and feeling. 

Maybe I was misunderstood, I never said he was not mature after Jonghyun death, but that he “acted as a child more freely”. His insight and his deep thoughts about real happiness or about what is more important for him now actually made me very happy (in the first interview at radio star in 2018) because I could see he learned a lot and changed his priority in a very good way.

but if you see the special of Shinee in 2018 you can see also he wants to act as he wished, more free to be like a child ( I believe he said something like that also in Tv program Sketchbook in 2018).

my point in the post was: he is mature, but he act in a youthful way more than before, because of many possible reasons. :)

• Like 2

Wow I am enjoying all of your thought processes for this case! It's been a while since we've had such a good discussion~

I think another side to this is that Taemin, who is after all an adult veteran idol with 12+ years of experience, is a true pro when it comes to providing fan service and entertainment. I was kind of surprised when I watched SuperM's behind the scenes video of their Tiger Inside music video where they showed him interact with Ten and Taeyong in that "fan service" kind of manner with a strangely cold and professional disattachment. Like Ten was feeling a bit awkward and asked what he should do and Taemin responded that he will move quickly as if he already knew exactly how to pose as if it was a magazine photoshoot or something. So I reckon that he really knows how to manipulate viewers to give them what they want to see (in a good way; it is part of his idol job to sell dreams). This leads me to also think that part of his own thought process must be that all those new, young Kpop fans who began following him during SHINee's hiatus period must expect him to be this perfect idol with a squeaky clean background with no dating scandals (or any true scandals really - I'm still laughing over that wax outrage) and he tries to give it to them while still selling some kind of romantic fantasy through Bubble and other contents. Technically, if they became a fan of him through his solo work (especially Move) and/or SuperM, then they might not even be interested in checking out all of his stuff with SHINee unless they are also interested in SHINee's music or/and group dynamic. Idk if he actually managed to fool anyone but his goal may be to only present a certain naive and youthful image until SuperM's new fandom grows attached enough to the boys to cement their loyalty. After that, like all Kpop groups, they will begin to lose their rookie mentality all over again... Just another theory!

28 minutes ago, thelastplayer09 said:

Actually, I take back what I said partially. I think this started when was promoting Criminal. I got confused because the two (Criminal and SuperOne promos) overlapped so much... I think Taemin has been acting more mature with SuperM as an older member. Even his mannerisms give me old man/dad vibes (like how he was helping the client/actor write a love letter). Then again in Mtopia when he was dubbed "TAEMresa," (still lol about that one) and took care off the members by shopping, etc. Albeit, this was during his wrist injury but he definitely seemed more paternal. I also agree with @Paninini about how this must be such a traumatic experience for someone who has lived 12 years in constant contact with their fans, in the spotlight, etc. And as with many people who experience trauma or such a dramatic change to their "normal," they can begin to regress i.e. go back to what is familiar or safe.

I am probably thinking way too much into it, and he's just being silly. :P

While Taemin does step up to his "hyung role" quite a bit, especially behind the scenes, both SuperM and non-shawol SuperM fans seemed to have jumped on the "Taemin is still a cute baby" train since it's apparently impossible for him to completely lose his natural cuteness. Even Mark Lee, the true maknae, coos at Taemin's endearing behaviour and funny antics often enough to make fans question who is the real maknae in the room (or when all members softly coo over his small hands lol). So I think the fact that Taemin was given this new responsibility as SuperM's second oldest member fails to take away from the reality that he is still winning fans over by his maknae-like character. It's not that surprising considering that he has been getting pampered by virtually everyone around him for over a decade, plus he is the king of duality ;) anyway, my point is that you were right originally; SuperM helped refresh his cute image, despite his solo work showing his usual maturity in his artistic exploration of self. The only change is that while in the past, he tried to hang on to his mature side a bit more, he now seems to cling to his youthful innocence more...

• Like 1

I think when it comes to interacting w/ the other superm members, you'll see his hyung vibes, like how he was dubbed as TAEMresa in mtopia lmao, he's very caring to the other members especially to the younger ones. Its really funny for me honestly when he acts like a hyung coz I really can't shake his image on my mind as a maknae. He acts cute naturally so it doesnt help haha. But when the talks are abt personal life or something like that he unconsciously adapts a rookie mindset, like how he says that he's a motae solo, to match the rookie vibes of the younger members, since technically superm is a rookie group. Maybe being in a rookie group again, makes him look back on his rookie days before in Shinee, so he just naturally acts like how he was back in the days.
So maybe his way of thinking is, when he's with superm or when he's promoting as a superm member, he needs to act/think like how he was when he was a rookie, that's why he's more youthful nowadays, a complete opposite when he's promoting criminal actually. And well, its a norm in kpop that when you're a rookie you have to be very pure, no scandals or whatsoever, and to appeal more to the fans, you have to sell a boyfriend image that they can be delulu of. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 1:26 PM, PikaQuinttt said:

You mean Julie? Yes she's naeun's friend and she (or her company) is the designer of this Samsung Pop Up series. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw9ArwmFToj/?utm_source=ig_embed

Yap ✌

22 hours ago, LauLau said:

Yeah it might sound weird but lying about your previous dating experience in Kpop when you're already a veteran idol is the Kpop's equivalent of getting botox and then lying about your age XD 

I cant forget when look his reaction when ellen asking about are member superm single, how nervous taemin there. ✌

• LOL 2

On 10/15/2020 at 9:39 AM, LauLau said:

Where did Naeun say she got her license? :blink: I know she's spoken on her fear of driving many times in the past, so I'm surprised but proud! I've been dying to watch her new camping show but I can't find it anywhere. :mellow:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thelastplayer09 said:

Where did Naeun say she got her license? :blink: I know she's spoken on her fear of driving many times in the past, so I'm surprised but proud! I've been dying to watch her new camping show but I can't find it anywhere. :mellow:

I haven't seen the new show yet but I've seen translations of it on twitter and her fans seemed surprised too... so I guess she now drives, yeah. It seems to be a very recent development... idk. She also apparently said something like "Hayoung doesn't need to drive since she can just call her unnies to pick her up" so it seems like the translation was true enough lol

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

49 minutes ago, LauLau said:

I haven't seen the new show yet but I've seen translations of it on twitter and her fans seemed surprised too... so I guess she now drives, yeah. It seems to be a very recent development... idk. She also apparently said something like "Hayoung doesn't need to drive since she can just call her unnies to pick her up" so it seems like the translation was true enough lol

I’m so proud of uri Naeun :) she takes her time but try hard to overcome her fears (I too got my driving license really late, even later than her, so I understand her).

I’m so curious about this new reality show! Seems like there was a moment when Solar started crying because as an idol she always try to smile and be positive, but returning home she had no one to talk to... then Naeun seemed to be moved by her words and she talked about her experience... this is what I got reading the comments online and watching a clip, I wish we will be able to know more soon.

here the clip 

So I was watching on of apink's dumhdurum performances on YouTube when I saw a shinee win for 1of1 in my recommendations and simply went ahead to watch it. But then I saw that apink were standing slightly behind them too! AND... then I saw taemin turn back and then actually bow to them for like a split second to specifically eunji and I think, hayoung? (Next to hayoung there was namjoo and then naeun lol) and then it wasn’t like he was flustered or anything after that because he was smiling..? to say I was suprised would be an understatement because taemin literally never bows or greets or even turns to apink’s direction whenever they’re present in the same event! anyways I’ll try linking the video here since I don’t really know how it works but it’s on the 1:05 mark of the video. https://youtu.be/VldC0DIu99c

just thought it was interesting and further solidifies the fact that everything can be fine with groups/people even if they don’t really publicly interact with each other everytime and that everyone can still be on good terms (haters begone pls)

• Shocked 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

...Remember how Taemin's NGDA teasers included the Greek statue of Aphrodite and some Taeunians linked her to Naeun for her beauty, sparking discontent among shawols? Well Naeun just said NOPE she is not just a pretty face, she is Athena the Goddess of Wisdom and (Fan)War :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

The forum has quieted down again so let's talk about something other than Taeun for once ^^

1. Are there any other alleged couples in Kpop that you've heard about who have not been officially confirmed yet? Like I keep hearing rumours about Minho dating Irene but not from shawols themselves (idk if that makes it more or less legitimate). I personally also believe that Kai is still dating Jennie but idk if that's not because I was influenced by the general opinion on stan twitter.
  2. What Kpop groups do you follow besides SHINPink (if any)? I personally don't follow Kpop that much since I'm still hung up over 2nd gen girl groups :sweatingbullets: I somewhat like BlackPink but not any of their pre-release singles. I can't look at other boy groups since Taemin and Key will call me out for cheating on them lol
  3. Are you a K-drama fan? If so, what this year's K-dramas would you recommend? For me, "The World of the Married" is easily the best drama of the year, followed by "It's Okay not to be Okay". I also quite enjoyed "Crash Landing on You" but it's more like a cliche "guilty pleasure" drama for me, nothing ground-breaking (besides the unique setting).

There is no way Minho would have worked with Naeun if Taemin wasn't okay with it

Right now, I don't think they're together but who knows?

Of course Hyun Bin and Son Yejin look good together

Lol I heard many people say the MOA drama is too confusing so I didn't watch it

Love your dedication to trolling btw, @wppewrpt and @shineeworld804 ^^

4 hours ago, LauLau said:

The forum has quieted down again so let's talk about something other than Taeun for once ^^

1. Are there any other alleged couples in Kpop that you've heard about who have not been officially confirmed yet? 

I remember there was one couple in WGM ... who got married in real life if I remember correctly... and for the rest of kpop I only remember Kai with Krystal and then Jennie, both apparently ended already.

While watching taeun I shipped Key and Eunji but I guess that ship wasn’t meant to be. Sorry I am not very updated for other couples in kpop.

1 hour ago, TaeNae1 said:

Lol I wanna talk about Taeun but anyways... what you guys think about Nauen appearing in a KDrama with Minho. There was a drama... I wonder how Taemin felt about that LOL

If I guess Minho personality well, he probably will tease Taemin every chance he get xD. Remember the fan cam about KMF 2018? I actually kinda imagine that he was teasing him about her role as his girl While watching her xD of course just a wild guess, but I’m curious: what do you imagine Minho was saying in that occasion? Any funny guess? XD

for Taemin...  he wouldn’t be much happy that there was a kiss scene, but I imagine he would be secure now about his relationship (he signed the maximum level of love in a diagram in weekly idol the same years 2018) so I guess he was just happy for her next step in acting carrier. But ai kinda imagine him Not wanting to watch that scene xD
of course I am speculating, half in lalaland ;)

Back to the Naeun Clip I posted (from Emotional camping), I found in instagram a translation (I’m sorry I cannot find it again, anyway let’s hope to have soon eng sub). As I said Solar started crying while talking about feeling lonely coming back home, not having someone to talk to. I was worried Naeun could say something similar, but while she sympatized with her, she talked about never having the possibility to learn new things by herself, since she has only worked all these years. She also mentioned she was always protected by parents and manager (and... a maybe hubby? XD), so she found out she wanted to grow and learn to be more indipendent while doing this show.

Actually this can start a lot of interesting discussions about her, what do you think? I am personally glad she didn’t say she feels lonely, I guess That means she has her parents and friends love, And, since we are shipping, I hope she has her hubby love too, so that she doesn’t feel lonely :)

8 minutes ago, LauLau said:

There is no way Minho would have worked with Naeun if Taemin wasn't okay with it

Right now, I don't think they're together but who knows?

Of course Hyun Bin and Son Yejin look good together

Lol I heard many people say the MOA drama is too confusing so I didn't watch it

Love your dedication to trolling btw, @wppewrpt and @shineeworld804 ^^

Hahha I’m sure. Taemin love Nauen <3

waiting for the day when I hear Taemin & Naeun getting married! “Prayers”

that drama was very different and thrilling. You should check it out, it is kind of scary too.  I liked him better in that drama lol. I’m happy if they’re together and get married soon. I mean hyun bin and yejin. They’re pretty cute. 

guys...I’m just anxious right now and before saying anything else I want to ask if anyone knows this source and trusts it: an apparent ‘sasaeng’ Twitter account in Arabic. It has quite a lot of followers and my friend forwarded me something they posted about naeun-I genuinely don’t believe such things but it’s quite popular and apparently “trustworthy” a lot of people follow and believe it. ugh just needed opinions to reevaluate my priorities.

The twitter account’s username is @saesangs1 and it has like 35 k followers...also I’m not trying to discourage or start anything up btw. I just needed to know if anyone trusts this account?

9 minutes ago, thetaeunship said:

guys...I’m just anxious right now and before saying anything else I want to ask if anyone knows this source and trusts it: an apparent ‘sasaeng’ Twitter account in Arabic. It has quite a lot of followers and my friend forwarded me something they posted about naeun-I genuinely don’t believe such things but it’s quite popular and apparently “trustworthy” a lot of people follow and believe it. ugh just needed opinions to reevaluate my priorities.

The twitter account’s username is @saesangs1 and it has like 35 k followers...also I’m not trying to discourage or start anything up btw. I just needed to know if anyone trusts this account?

Can you DM me with what they said exactly? Their tweets are protected and I am very outspoken about my disregard for saesangs so I absolutely refuse to give them a follow no matter how curious I get... but I'm still curious lol.

Generally speaking though, I wouldn't necessarily trust a non-Korean saesang because unless they live in South Korea, how would they be able to follow idols 24/7? If they are that big of an account then that means they are not even a specific idols' saesang; they likely purchase information from other saesangs about many idols to feed their blog. That makes their information second-hand so it's even less reliable. Real saesangs who follow their idols tend to be very, very loyal (obsessively so) and so they tend to hide their private affairs from the tabloids and such. Saesangs who only manage to obtain their phone numbers don't actually get a good enough access to their idols. Fansites are the most knowledgable since they get a straight up VIP pass to the behind the scenes of their idols' careers.

Anyway, DM me if you can please ^^