Interesting news! SHINee Key is going to appear on Radio Star along with Choi Jung-in, who appeared on WGM with her real-life partner (now husband) Jo Jung-chi at the same time Taeun were on! It's unlikely that they'd mention WGM but who knows? Taemin and Naeun are now their mutual contacts. Choi Jung-in is also the one who thought Taeun could be dating in real life. Actually, since Key guested on WGM as well as starred on WGM Global, they may just bring it up.

• Insightful 1

21 hours ago, LauLau said:
Interesting news! SHINee Key is going to appear on Radio Star along with Choi Jung-in, who appeared on WGM with her real-life partner (now husband) Jo Jung-chi at the same time Taeun were on! It's unlikely that they'd mention WGM but who knows? Taemin and Naeun are now their mutual contacts. Choi Jung-in is also the one who thought Taeun could be dating in real life. Actually, since Key guested on WGM as well as starred on WGM Global, they may just bring it up.

Fact: Choi jung-in and Taemin did some variety music show in 2018 "the call". Honestly, I dont think that they will bring up WGM as a topic or mention it, if they, it will be their own wgm experience and not bringing up taemin-naeun wgm. Anyways,  Ahn young mi who is with Naeun in gamsung trip is one of the mc of radio star. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote Images, thanks!
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2020 at 8:54 AM, Kekw said:

Thw thing is the supposed things she was talking about not doing, she  actually did with Taemin on wgm but she also did with Apink on a few variety shows.  I actually have not been watching Naeuns camping show as of late because no time but im sure its a mistranslation or something. 

I think its a mistranslation too. After watching it, i think she meant its her first time visiting the ski resort when its not during winter :)

• Like 2

Taemin confirmed once again that he believes in eternal love & he mentioned how it's fate that he chose "Pansy" as the title for his fan song, not knowing that the flower-related date falls on SHINee's anniversary... It almost seems that destiny chooses to follow Taemin everywhere he goes ^^

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

On 11/9/2020 at 6:53 PM, LauLau said:

Taemin confirmed once again that he believes in eternal love & he mentioned how it's fate that he chose "Pansy" as the title for his fan song, not knowing that the flower-related date falls on SHINee's anniversary... It almost seems that destiny chooses to follow Taemin everywhere he goes ^^

He was super happy telling about the pansy meaning to Onew, seems fate is strong with the Shinee boys, its funny how Apink so strongly reminds me of Shinee lately with their releases of completely new image and sounds but mainly its the bond they share, like I mean this but there is no other groups that give the same type of home and confy feel like Apink/Shinee do you can just see/tell that all of the members are being genuine with eachother be it anger, sadness, happines you feel the friendship and comradery, in Shinees case you can even see how it affected how some of them grew up, Taemin being the prime example im sure had Taemin debuted in Exo he wouldn't have developed his singing as well as he did, well enough typing and STREAM IDEA. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Kekw said:

Taemin being the prime example im sure had Taemin debuted in Exo he wouldn't have developed his singing as well as he did, well enough typing and STREAM IDEA. 

sorry i have to disagree on this because in whichever group he debut with has nothing to do with his singing ability. he is lee taemin, a man with ambitios. he surely always wants to improve his ability

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Is it true that it’s May 25 Birth flower? All I can see on the internet is it’s the Birthflower of February. When I first read the english lyrics I felt its more of a song for his lover or is it just me? 

50 minutes ago, coconut oil said:

sorry i have to disagree on this because in whichever group he debut with has nothing to do with his singing ability. he is lee taemin, a man with ambitios. he surely always wants to improve his ability

I meant more on the lines he wouldn't have gotten as many chances to show his improvement also being arround Onew and Jonghyun when you had no lines in your debut surely fueled his desire to be as good as them, always feel if Taemin had debuted in Exo he would've gone the Kai way focus mainly on dance and performance and never get the chance too showcase his vocal improvement well at least we don't have to wait anymore because thx god Kai solo is coming soon it was about damn time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kdmca said:

Is it true that it’s May 25 Birth flower? All I can see on the internet is it’s the Birthflower of February. When I first read the english lyrics I felt its more of a song for his lover or is it just me? 

Just you lol, Taemin already said it several times that it's a song for shawols to listen after he enlists and he even proudly told Onew how the Pansy date falls on May 25. It may only be the case in South Korea tho since flower meanings change in different countries/cultures (like how white flowers imply death/funerals in East Asia but symbolize purity and first love in Western Europe). It's not a love song. Korean shawols already guessed that it'd be a fan song before its release based on the date so we already knew about this prior to the official confirmation. Also, according to Taemin, Think of You is also not a love song since he meant "hug" in a more poetic sense ("hug my heart") and not literal so we think of it as another fan song. Pansy describes SHINee tho while Think of You describes SHINee World more.

1 hour ago, Kekw said:

I meant more on the lines he wouldn't have gotten as many chances to show his improvement also being arround Onew and Jonghyun when you had no lines in your debut surely fueled his desire to be as good as them

There was a really good magazine interview with Taemin back in his Criminal era I think, where he actually talked about how it was SHINee who fuelled his desire to improve in his singing because of how talented they all were (he literally said smth along the lines of "my members are not average either"), so he felt a bit of competition during their early years for him to catch up to them so you might be right! Without SHINee, he may have not felt that he was a weaker link and simply focused on dance performance, but because all members were insanely multi-talented, he didn't want to fall too far behind them. Also, it was Onew who gave him some of his very first vocal lessons since the SM vocal teachers didn't want him to sing at all while he was still going through puberty (to avoid vocal damage), while Jonghyun was the one who coached him in his style of singing. It got to the point where back in ~2013, I had a hard time telling Jonghyun and Taemin's voices apart (esp in Why So Serious) because of how much Taemin's singing style was shaped by Jonghyun. It did change later on as he learned more and more technique and expanded his range. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, LauLau said:

??? I just added explanation as to why because it's true that if you look it up, you might not get the same date. It's not "mine", it's for all of us who will miss him while he's on his 2 year hiatus.

Yes, In south korea pansy is a birth flower of May 25. But based on Taemin's explanation, the song title "pansy" is not the original title of the song, there are some few line up title for this song, and at the end he chose "pansy". 

He said that he doesn't know that pansy is an actual birth flower of May 25, he later knew it after the song was made and was already titled "pansy". 

Honestly, when I read the lyrics of pansy is not a kind of fan song, but a song for a certain person that he loved. 

12 minutes ago, Gemini Girl12 said:

Yes, In south korea pansy is a birth flower of May 25. But based on Taemin's explanation, the song title "pansy" is not the original title of the song, there are some few line up title for this song, and at the end he chose "pansy". 

He said that he doesn't know that pansy is an actual birth flower of May 25, he later knew it after the song was made and was already titled "pansy". 

Honestly, when I read the lyrics of pansy is not a kind of fan sing but a song for a certain person that he loved. 

Yeah the original title was "Lucky" but he chose Pansy because it has a similar meaning to "remember me" so he thought it fit, then when he learned that it's date is on May 25 he loved it even more. He looked really proud when he told this to Onew in their episode together today. The lyrics were originally written with SHINee in mind tho so not sure what you mean... it barely has any references to love? He simply sings about how lucky he is to have met his members throughout the chorus. Anyway, it's his official fan song now. 

Edit: I looked up the lyrics again and the lines that may be a bit ambiguous were actually explained by him during his V Live - he got an inspiration from the calming comfort he felt during scuba diving to link it back to the comfort and safety he feels when he is with his SHINee members:

Till now

For loving me

And also, for cherishing me

I was lucky to meet you

Thank you so much

Your love brought a better breeze than the sky

Your love under-stood my heart even more generously than the sea...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LauLau said:

Yeah the original title was "Lucky" but he chose Pansy because it has a similar meaning to "remember me" so he thought it fit, then when he learned that it's date is on May 25 he loved it even more. He looked really proud when he told this to Onew in their episode together today. The lyrics were originally written with SHINee in mind tho so not sure what you mean... it barely has any references to love? He simply sings about how lucky he is to have met his members throughout the chorus. Anyway, it's his official fan song now. 

Nope... the lyrics are actually a reference for love, but of course since Taemin said it was for a fan,- shawols would not think about the lyrics about love.  Non-shawols for sure will not think about it was for a fan, and I am sure of that. But of course what what he said its for shawols, then it's for shawols. 

24 minutes ago, LauLau said:

Edit: I looked up the lyrics again and the lines that may be a bit ambiguous were actually explained by him during his V Live - he got an inspiration from the calming comfort he felt during scuba diving to link it back to the comfort and safety he feels when he is with his SHINee members:

Till now

For loving me

And also, for cherishing me

I was lucky to meet you

Thank you so much

Your love brought a better breeze than the sky

Your love under-stood my heart even more generously than the sea...

I already said it... if Taemin said it's a fan song, then it's a fan song. But I am sure that a non-shawol ( those who are not a shippers or doesn't really know taemin) would not think that the lyrics is for a fan, but a song for a certain person he loved. 

Edited by Gemini Girl12

Hello, sorry to say this but let's be nice to each other in this forum:sweatingbullets: of course it's okay to give your opinion and to interpret the song the way you want, but let's talk about it nicely. And honestly I agree with what @LauLau said that we should separate his professional career with his private life. And since taemin said he wrote this song for shawol, let's take it as what he said. I think it's better so that we won't be dragged by shawol again:sweatingbullets: just like when we discussed about taemin's other song before, let's not take it deeply because there were a lot of things besides his songs to take as hints right:)

• Like 1

Hello guys, the discussion is getting hot,

I’d like to add my opinion:smile:

of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and this is a common matter in artistic expressions, believe me, I studied art at university. No matter how much an author try to infuse a message in his creature, there will always be speculation by other critics, even psicologists (to add the hidden messages of the subconscious) and of course “normal people” who are invested less in the critical studies, and more in the emotional side of the art expression. In few words, everyone can feel a different meaning, BUT I believe, to respect the intention of the artist, it’s important to just say that it is a personal opinion, never trying to claim that what we feel is the right message.

In this case, I believe we should take Taemin explanation seriously, as some of you have pointed out. That said, no one is going to bash someone if, for that person, there might be more than a song to Shawols, but that should be personal opinion or delulu, I hope it won’t appear in something more official (such as taeunians twitters or other social media). It might be an artistic expression, but it has also a very emotional value to many many fans who might be offended, feeling that something precious has been stolen from them, when they have the legitimate ownership given by the creator himself.

so let’s have fun speculating, but let’s keep this in mind, and let’s not discard what Taemin said while expressing our opinion, fantasies, or hopes :kiss_wink:

p.s. Also for Soldier we cannot be certain at 100% but we have more solid basis to think that in some way it must have had a connection with Naeun, or at least, the feeling he wanted to express was something he experienced with Naeun.

• Like 1

It's too bad that the discussion has completely turned away from Taeun so I will drop my one truly delulu observation to ease up the atmosphere a bit - Taemin has been wearing a lot of Maison Margiela outfits, shoes and accessories in his official promotions for both Act 1 + 2 so it really must be one of his favorite brands ;)

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Kekw said:

When is the Naeun camp show airing again? Anyone knows? Chances of Taemin being a guest on it prbly zero but ill hope. 

they change the day and time of gamsung. It will be aired every friday at 9pm kst. Next friday, november 20 gamsung will resume their broadcast. 

• Thanks 1