[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Jang Seung Jo confirmed to play Song Hye Kyo's husband in the new tvN drama 'Boyfriend'

Song Hye Kyo, Park Bo Gum

Jang Seung Jo has officially joined the cast of 'Boyfriend'. 

On October 25, Neos Entertainment announced, "Jang Seung Jo has confirmed his appearance on the new tvN drama 'Boyfriend'. He'll be participating in filming soon."

'Boyfriend' starring Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum tells the story of a Chaebol family's daughter-in-law who was never able to live the way she wanted to, always being told what to do in an upper-class, political family. One day, she meets someone with an ordinary, happy life, and their worlds clash in a romantic, but sorrowful love story. 

Jang Seung Jo is playing Jung Woo Seok, the husband of Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) and the CEO of Tae Kyung Group. 

The first episode of 'Boyfriend' is scheduled to air on November 28

Source allkpop
  • Like 3

@stroppyse Thank you so much for providing the translation!

I feel like if I go in expecting to cry every episode, it'll turn out much better than I fear and then I won't be blindsided by anything lol. But the snippets we got from the table read at least gave me some hope that there will be lighthearted moments and laughs too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Ugh. I hate starting a drama thinking I'm going to cry every episode. That pretty much guarantees that I won't even start watching a drama. PBG plays emotion so well. I was shocked at Coin Locker Girl. And, I cried for PBG's character in Hello, Monster as well, and I was happy with the open ending for his character because at least he didn't die, so there was still hope for him.

He was wonderful in Coin Locker Girl! The first thing I saw him in was Reply 1988, and his portrayal of Taek guaranteed I would watch anything he does lol. I will hope for your sake (and mine!) that this story has a happy ending. I don't want PBG crying all the time, even if he's brilliant at it.

• Like 3

Maybe I’m the minority here, but I think we will have a happy ending despite for the sorrowful love story . I hope they will show a story where both can overcome obstacles in life and the growth of the leads in the drama :)

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, utkim said:

Maybe I’m the minority here, but I think we will have a happy ending despite for the sorrowful love story . I hope they will show a story where both can overcome obstacles in life and the growth of the leads in the drama :)

Hoping for this!

Fanart

• Like 2

SBS Star

Song Hye Kyo Distracts Park Bo Gum with Her Overwhelming Cuteness!

Published Mon Oct 29 18:06:00 KST 2018 
Updated Mon Oct 29 18:10:00 KST 2018Song Hye Kyo Distracts Park Bo Gum with Her Overwhelming Cuteness!

It looks like actress Song Hye Kyo is still capable of making every boy in town fall in love with her.

On October 26, the production team of tvN's upcoming drama 'Boyfriend' dropped a video of Song Hye Kyo and actor Park Bo Gum practicing the scenes from the drama at their first read-through.

The cast of 'Boyfriend'

In the video, Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum were doing their best to get into their characters before the shoot since the chemistry between the two protagonists is the most important factor what makes a romantic drama a timeless masterpiece.

However, even though it was their first table read together, the chemistry between the two was so natural that it made everyone in the room felt like they were actually at a filming site.

Song Hye Kyo & Park Bo Gum

When Song Hye Kyo read, "As this is the first time for me, a pretty woman, to win a doll from a crane machine, I'll give this to you.", Park Bo Gum quietly murmured, "That's so cute."

Park Bo Gum

The minute those words came out of his mouth, he instantly apologized, but he still seemed pretty startled by what he said.

Fortunately, that little accident put a smile on everyone's faces and even lightened up the mood a bit.

Park Bo Gum

In their upcoming drama 'Boyfriend', Park Bo Gum will play the role of 'Kim Jin-hyuk', a young man who appreciates his mundane life and knows the value of little things.

Song Hye Kyo

On the other hand, Song Hye Kyo will take the role of 'Cha Soo-hyun', a wealthy woman who has been manipulated her whole life.

Meanwhile, 'Boyfriend' will cover the love story between the two who inadvertently fell in love with each other and is scheduled to be aired on November 28.

(Kang Eunbee, Credit= tvN Boyfriend)

(SBS Star)

Sourcehttps://news.sbs.co.kr/amp/news.amp?news_id=N1004993400&cmd=amp&news_id=N1004993400&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 9

Please give English translation source when posting in other sites.

It looks like Song Hye Kyo, who is known as the goddess who does not age, will be successful in China through the new drama "Boyfriend" that is scheduled to broadcast in November this year. It’s nearly a month away from the broadcast date, but news about the drama is already widely seen in the media and SNS. Especially in China, Korean drama fans are openly waiting for the broadcast day, and if done well, it may lead to another Syndrome like the one that appeared after Descendants of the Sun. In order to see if this is a correct assessment, let’s look at the media interest that has been generated. It is reported that Baidu, the world’s largest Chinese search site, already has nearly 8,000 news items about Song Hye Kyo in the drama Boyfriend. If you add posts and related content about the drama shared on sns by Korean fans, it would not be excessive to describe this as a syndrome.

According to a Beijing source familiar with China's entertainment industry, the reporter said on the 30th that the recent reaction is also related to the fact that actor Park Bogum is also performing in the drama. It can be said that Park Bogum also brought considerable synergy with him.

Of course, drama "Boyfriend" has not yet sold copyright licenses nor is there any agreement yet for simultaneous release throughout the Chinese entertainment industry. However, real-time viewing in China is very easy. It is possible to watch the drama via satellite streaming. If not, one can also enter one of the Korean Wave websites and watch it one or two days after its broadcast in South Korea. It looks like it is only a matter of time that Song Hye Kyo will break the cold spell brought about by China’s retaliatory measures against South Korea’s deployment of the high-altitude regional defense system that led to China’s ban on Korean entertainment.

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20181030010017801

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Picture sponsored by 363studiogalleria

Kim Jin Hyuk, a young man who likes photography and all of "his photographs" are works of artists belonging to the 363 Studio Galleria. Jo Jae-man is the author of large-scale works, and all the pictures taken by Jin-hyuk in Italy, Cuba, South America, etc. are all works of 363 Studio Galleria.

cr. dc

cr. 363studiogalleria

Mini Cha Soo Hyun. So cute :wub:

cr. hyekyotime_com

• Like 4