[Drama 2018] The Player, 플레이어

0ly40

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, thistle said:

Watched the first two episodes.  So far, so good!  I liked that the "good" guys didn't get away too easily with their antics and that the "bad" guys were getting caught.

Yes, I like how it ended. However the "bad guys" are not entirely finished. We saw that CEO Chun was arrested first, yet he was about to get pardoned later. Besides, HR and his "friends" got caught. So in the next episode, the prosecutor will still struggle to bring down these bad guys. That's why he will ask HR's band to bring the evidence to him. 

On the surface, this story looks a lot like Squad 38, yet in the player, our main character HR has a huge sense of justice, as he is already giving evidence to the prosecutor Jang, whereas in Squad 38, it was different. Only with time, the main character changed. 

Now, we know the real name of Ha Ri: Choi Seo H.. I wasn't surprised that he had studied law and passed the bar exam... so his older brother was a good prosecutor who got framed.

I hope, the CEO Na get beaten because he is really violent and should be punished for using violence.

Why people with power and money who dont know what to do with their "too much money" mostly end up doing bad things. Really...

Even if you eat gold everyday, once youre dead, those "precious things" wont be yours anymore.

wow dis thread looks somewhat... quiet lol :blink:

-------

[Player] Ep 3 Jung Soo Jung, NOT burdensome.. happy to meet a character like that

the%2Bplayer.png

Article: Naver 'Player' Jung Soo Jung, NOT burdensome.. happy to meet a character like that

1. [+148,-1]
Not sure if her acting is good.. but I've always felt that she has never been sloppy when it comes to being on stage or acting. Normally, even if she is expressionless, she would smile at the fans on stage. I want to support her in acting!! 

2. [+67,-1]
She did well in The Heirs though. She matched well with her character. 

3. [+52,-0]
Jung Soo Jung who can do all characters... But when is f(x) coming back? 

4. [+16,-1]
Jung Soo Jung is pretty. Fighting. 

5. [+8,-0]
I like her when she's working as Jung Soo Jung and when she's Krystal. When is f(x) doing a comeback~~~

6. [+3,-0]Love you. The fans will always support Krystal. I'm only waiting for your comeback. 

7. [+1,-0]
Why would you let gems like that rot... Is f(x) not coming back..? 

========

[Player] Ep 4 Team of 4 x Kim Won Hae, their way to punish powerful, corrupted entities

player.png

Article: Naver 'Player' Jung Soo Jung, car chasing, disguising, to action, analyzed her character well.. a  girl crush twist 

1. [+139,-11]
Soo Jung is so cool and pretty. She's the best. Her chemistry with the actors are good too. These days, this is my favorite drama. 

2. [+72,-1]
Her character this time really matches her well!!!

3. [+55,-1]
Cha Ah Ryeong is the best, she's cool!

4. [+35,-3]
Jung Soo Jung did so well. ㅜㅜㅜㅜ I'll be always supporting you ❤

5. [+27,-3]
Her acting is really good...~~~!!!

6. [+15,-0]
Soo Jung makes me watch this even more. 

Spoiler

ep%2B4.png

Article: Naver 'Player' Team of 4 x Kim Won Hae, their way to punish powerful, corrupted entities 

1. [+43,-2]
Song Seung Hun's character is the best in all films, there aren't many female celebrities who does action, looks like Krystal can be one of them. I'm clapping for her. 

2. [+29,-0]
OCN dramas these days are really interesting. Wednesdays and Thursdays is The Guest. Saturdays and Sundays is Player. I hope they get popular~

3. [+15,-1]
It's really interesting^^

4. [+9,-1]
It's fun~~ Song Seung Hun-ssi is really handsome and smart. Lee Si Eon is so cute, and his acting is good. 

5. [+4,-1]
Player is so fun~~~^^ 

6. [+1,-0]
Been a while since I've enjoyed a drama!! It felt like a movie whenever I watch it. It's so exciting and interesting!! Song Seung Hun is exploding with charisma!

7. [+0,-0]
The story is similar to Squad 38... that's why it doesn't feel fresh... 

8. [+0,-0]
Supporting Lee Si Eon~~ 

9. [+0,-0]
Lee Si Eon's bad acting.. Song Seung Hun going "ung? ung?" at the end of his lines.. Am I the only one thinking that Krystal's acting is the best? 

10. [+1,-2]
This is more boring than I thought. ㅠㅠ I can't focus because of Lee Si Eon-ssi's image in I Live Alone.

cr

6 hours ago, AlexandraReid said:

wow dis thread looks somewhat... quiet lol :blink:

Sure is quiet but I wonder if there is a reason for that.  I'm watching too many dramas right now (14!), so I had to put this one (and some others) on my "wait" list (just to lower the number to 10).  I wonder if other people also have this problem since there are just so many, many great dramas right now.  

Player is lots of fun to watch but it's not as "Must Watch" as some of the other dramas currently airing.

On 10/1/2018 at 2:59 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, I like how it ended. However the "bad guys" are not entirely finished. We saw that CEO Chun was arrested first, yet he was about to get pardoned later. Besides, HR and his "friends" got caught. So in the next episode, the prosecutor will still struggle to bring down these bad guys. That's why he will ask HR's band to bring the evidence to him. 

On the surface, this story looks a lot like Squad 38, yet in the player, our main character HR has a huge sense of justice, as he is already giving evidence to the prosecutor Jang, whereas in Squad 38, it was different. Only with time, the main character changed. 

Oh, thanks for this post. I like SSH but I dismissed this right away because the con artist storyline is not one that I like that much since it’s basically a crime. However, your mention of Squad 38 as a reference and the main character’s strong sense of justice in this show has engaged my interest. 

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Oh, thanks for this post. I like SSH but I dismissed this right away because the con artist storyline is not one that I like that much since it’s basically a crime. However, your mention of Squad 38 as a reference and the main character’s strong sense of justice in this show has engaged my interest. 

The story is really good, even better than Squad 38 as it is not just about tax evasion and fraud (murder, rape, aso). Well, the episode 5 focuses more on CAR's and KHR's past hence there was less action in the last episode. It seems that the doctor might be the daughter of the person who got killed in the beginning. CSH is really determined to bring the mole to justice but let people around him believe that he is just a con artist. Now I am wondering if the director from the orphanage is not guilty of child abuse. This would explain why the girl ran away from the orphanage. The guy looked shady to me.

SSH is great in it, just like Crystal...

Hi hi… I'm enjoying this show... though the timeline jumping is still confusing me quite a bit.  And SSH is indeed a good suit for this role.  :)

is it cos there are too many new dramas that this show is not receiving much attention?  

Archived