[Drama 2018] The Player, 플레이어

0ly40

@bebebisous33, I finally got to watch episode 8 and it was soooo good. I honestly can’t wait to see Ha Ri, Jang and their teams take that former prosecutor guy down. Saturday can’t come fast enough for me. 

Somehow I still feel that I can’t trust the white haired prosecutor although hearing him say he’s Team Choi made me want to trust him a little. I also didn’t see the betrayal coming from Jang’s lawyer friend. I hope Jang finds out because he needs to realize that he should suspect everyone.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Done with 7 to 8 yesterday. Ahh... I hate that scumbag assemblyman. That kind of person shouldn't be spared for the sake of justice. And his sneaky wife is no different. I love that HR shakes their trust to each other. But ah... why did it happen to HR? I can't wait to see him to beat them and steal all their money. 

I hope the female witness is miraculously saved. Who was called by HR? He asked a help through that call. Is it maybe he asked to camouflage her death so those scumbag's minions think their threat is gone.

She died... and since she gave the evidence to the lawyer, they have nothing against him. Yes, I am wondering whom HR was calling at the hospital. 

@dotonlyBy the way, I came to realize why KHR might have asked CAR, IBM, DJW to join his side. While watching the episode 5 again, I realized that there were 4 targets of the fake corruption scandal.

The player 5 2.pngThe player 5 1.pngThe player 5 3.pngThe player 5 4.png And the last victim was CSH's father, Choi Hyeong Gi. So the first man above was talking over the phone about an email. So maybe he could be IBM's father which could explain why IBM is so into computers and hacking. Then the second victim mentioned his daughter... he asked if his daughter could be spared. First I thought, she could be the doctor... but there is a good chance that his daughter was CAR. Once he died, she was sent to an orphanage... Then the third man could be DJW's father. Since he has a brother, his hyung raised him. The third man was chased and got beaten up. Maybe this would explain why DJW chose to become a fighter, so that he doesn't end up like his father.

This would also give a good explanation why KHR sought them out as he wanted them to get justice as well. It was not only for his own sake, he felt that he must help those who suffered because of his father's task. Let me know what you think about it.

@celebrianna @alekaonu@guinearoyal

@bebebisous33, those were the pictures I asked about previously because I wanted to know the case they were working on that caused them to be killed. All I remember is Prosecutor Choi having an antagonistic conversation on his cell phone with someone and then he was killed shortly afterwards. It definitely would be interesting if the team were kin to all four men. Ha Ri certainly knows more than he’s revealed so far and I look forward to seeing more of his plan. 

@celebrianna@stargazer187 @guinearoyal @alekaonu@girrlit After watching the episodes 5 and 6 again, I came to realize who the doctor Choo Yun Hee is. She is the daughter of the former CEO of WG Choo Won Ki who was accused of extorting 180 million dollars from the national budget. When KHR asked her in the episode 5 if she had been contacted... first, I was thinking about a person in the USA (like f. ex. the real KHR who was in a coma) but I was totally wrong. No, he was talking about her father. We have to imagine that while Choi Hyeong Gi was found dead (suicide on the surface), it was said that Choo Won Ki had worked with CHK and helped each other (corruption, bribes aso). So CWK is a wanted criminal (corruption, embezzlement). 

This explains why Choo Yun Hee got upset and mad at KHR as she felt that he had been using her (trying to locate her father). It is clear that they needed to get rid of CHK as he had been quite successful in the past fighting against corruption. So they tarnished his name in order to ensure that their candidate would win the election. The real goal was to get their candidate elected who would help them to tighten the ties between politics, companies and authorities.

As for the corrupt prosecutors, they are only the peak of the iceberg... they are just pawns, unaware of the deep connections and the terrible consequences of their wrongdoings. They are unaware that even elections are manipulated. Now, there is a new election around the corner which is really important to that man (?). It seems that they are supporting a new candidate Kim Seong Jin. The slush fund is an important source of their power. Since the prosecutor Jang has set his eyes on their candidate, it looks like Jang will be put under pressure, just like CHK in the past: his reputation could be tarnished aso... I haven't watched the new episode yet.

@bebebisous33, yes, I remember the doctor accusing Ha Ri of using her to find her father. That’s probably why she warned the team not to trust Ha Ri because according to her he lies a lot. If prosecutor Jang is repeating the same threat that prosecutor Choi posed for “that man”, it’s likely that they’ll begin to earnestly try to get rid of him. I’m just wondering when they’ll start targeting Ha Ri. 

@celebrianna The case the 4 men were working on is the 180 million dollars from the national budget and corruption. The third man (3. picture in my last post) was called Bae Chool Hoon. His job was Korean Investment corporation financial worker which indicates that he was helping CHK to trace the money. They framed CWK... in my opinion, fact was that the candidate Kim Kook Jong had received money (slush fund) and he was about to get discovered. By creating a scandal (CWK, Choi Hyeong Gi), they diverted the citizens' attention from the real problem. Fake news as a tool to water down the real issues. CHK had been able to remove important politicians due to corruption... so the discovery of the supposed embezzlement by CWK would help to maintain the "integrity" of the candidate.     

@stargazer187 You were right... the woman survived. KHR faked her death. At the hospital, he called his friend the doctor CYH who asked her colleague to lie about her death. But he even lied to his friends. 

Now that man? has a face. The latter has already decided to keep the candidate Kim Seong Jin. I guess, they have already invested too much money to change the candidate. Therefore they need to tarnish prosecutor Jang's reputation, just like the last time... I was surprised that the man let the phone in the restroom. I guess, he wanted to scare KHR, letting him know that he knows all his moves. The mole from the prosecution office has not been discovered: my eyes are still on Yoo Ki Hoon who would act as if he was supporting JIG, while in reality his true goal was to keep an eye on him, by not letting to do too much damages to the man's plan.

This time, it took 3 episodes to close a case... since we only have 5 episodes left, I think that taking down that man? will be the main focus on the last 5 episodes. Moreover, in the preview, CYH mentions that her father resurfaced. I guess, CWK was framed because he knew too much as well. Without evidence and any friend, he could never prove his innocence and his allegations.

I have the impression that the death of the 4 men (CHK, BCH aso) was concluded as suicide: even the hit and run. Maybe someone said that he jumped in front of the driving truck. 

@celebrianna @alekaonu

@celebrianna @alekaonu @stargazer187 The episode 10 reveals what we have been suspecting all along: Yoo Ki Hoon is the mole and betrayer. When prosecutor Jang confided to him that Choo Won Ki had returned to SK, it is clear that he can testify against the candidate Kim Gook Jon and clean CHK's name. Like that man? said, the scandal about the illegal funds from KGJ's campaign had been discovered hence they needed to create a greater scandal in order to make their candidate look better. So the creation of a special unit fighting against corruption was a set up. They had planned all along to frame CHK in the end. Now, the special team for corruption is there to help the candidate Kim Seong Jin.

1. The return of CWK will divert people's attention from the KSJ's scandal.

2. The prosecution office will go after KHR and his team saying that they are working with CWK. They will use the prosecution office in order to make YKH look righteous but in reality the prosecution office will be used to ensure KSJ's election. The two plans mentioned in the preview are

- using CWK's scandal

- creating some dirt on the other candidates (fake transactions, bribes aso)  

On 10/27/2018 at 8:34 AM, bebebisous33 said:

First I thought, she could be the doctor... but there is a good chance that his daughter was CAR. Once he died, she was sent to an orphanage... Then the third man could be DJW's father. Since he has a brother, his hyung raised him. The third man was chased and got beaten up. Maybe this would explain why DJW chose to become a fighter, so that he doesn't end up like his father.

This would also give a good explanation why KHR sought them out as he wanted them to get justice as well. It was not only for his own sake, he felt that he must help those who suffered because of his father's task. Let me know what you think about it.

Chingu I absolutely love this theory. I never thought it could be possible that all four of them in the team are children of parents who also worked as law enforcement in a team. What a sweet twist that would be. Some commenters on the sites I watch the show said that HRs dad may be alive and ‘that person’ everyone refers too(black vibes? Reminds me of when we were try8ng to figure out who the main villain was in that show ahh good memories XD) But I thought that the big baddie is guy that HR saw in the restroom?

This is a fun show to watch.  It reminds me of the same premise as the US show Life from 2003ish.   I like that each of the team compliments each other.  The characters are really well developed.

It would be interesting if all 4 of the main characters had some connection to “that man”.

4 hours ago, philosophie said:

Chingu I absolutely love this theory. I never thought it could be possible that all four of them in the team are children of parents who also worked as law enforcement in a team. What a sweet twist that would be. Some commenters on the sites I watch the show said that HRs dad may be alive and ‘that person’ everyone refers too(black vibes? Reminds me of when we were try8ng to figure out who the main villain was in that show ahh good memories XD) But I thought that the big baddie is guy that HR saw in the restroom?

Yes, he is the villain. He was the one who planned to frame CHK 15 years ago... and he will frame prosecutor Jang as well. Notice that Jang has become famous as a prosecutor as he has been charging the wife of the candidate. But I am quite sure, he will try to tarnish his name by associating him to KHR who is supposed to be a con-man. 

@JennG25ks So far, KHR couldn't recognize the man in the restroom. But striking is that that man? knew where KHR was and left the cellphone in the restroom in order to threaten him. Since it was the same cellphone that KHR had used before, we can come to the conclusion that that man? has been spying on him for a while and knew a lot about him. However, I am not sure if he knows that KHR is CSH.

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, he is the villain. He was the one who planned to frame CHK 15 years ago... and he will frame prosecutor Jang as well. Notice that Jang has become famous as a prosecutor as he has been charging the wife of the candidate. But I am quite sure, he will try to tarnish his name by associating him to KHR who is supposed to be a con-man. 

@JennG25ks So far, KHR couldn't recognize the man in the restroom. But striking is that that man? knew where KHR was and left the cellphone in the restroom in order to threaten him. Since it was the same cellphone that KHR had used before, we can come to the conclusion that that man? has been spying on him for a while and knew a lot about him. However, I am not sure if he knows that KHR is CSH.

@bebebisous33  My thoughts are on he's been spying on him for a while now since they cleaned up the prosecution office.. I'm also believing he knows about KHR and CSH..

9 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@bebebisous33  My thoughts are on he's been spying on him for a while now since they cleaned up the prosecution office.. I'm also believing he knows about KHR and CSH..

If he knows that KHR is CSH, then he should have intervened much sooner but he didn't which is bothering me. 6 months ago, KHR crossed the lawyer's path and heard about the existence of that man?. Therefore from that moment, that man? must have been aware of KHR/CSH. If he knew, why didn't he stop KHR and his team before?

20 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

If he knows that KHR is CSH, then he should have intervened much sooner but he didn't which is bothering me. 6 months ago, KHR crossed the lawyer's path and heard about the existence of that man?. Therefore from that moment, that man? must have been aware of KHR/CSH. If he knew, why didn't he stop KHR and his team before?

Interesting point.. I'm going to go back and rewatch this episode.. Why I think he's aware of them because she did call him to the house I'm sure he has investigated or having everyone around him investgated..

On 10/23/2018 at 9:00 PM, dotonly said:

Its getting harder for me to watch the drama. These kind of villains make me loathe politics till unimaginable point. I FF and only focus on HR and Jang's team on how to solve the cases. 

@dotonly  I loved these kinds of dramas this one especially because they actually keeping all those bad people ill gotten fortunes from the weak.. That's what got me interested in it.. I think KHR is more of the robinhood more then the others..

@sava2sava Maybe that man? only thought that KHR was just a conman and didn't expect that he was after him for revenge/justice. 

I sense that KHR and his team will be put on the wanted list, however I hope that at the end of the weekend, KHR with the help of prosecutor Jang will be able to reverse the situation, even if he has not defeated that man?. Moreover, they need to find the identity of the mole (Chief prosecutor Yoo is my suspect)... and the killer (the man with the tattoo)

Nooo I can’t believe next weekend is the final episodes! We had a lot of revelations today. I’m still confused honestly on everything but it seems that...

Spoiler

ARs dad was a ship driver or something that was killed for not going along with bad guys plans. BM was actually hacker that helped chairman chun 15 years ago and fighter oppa was a henchman for one of the other guys working for that person, did I get it right?

On 11/5/2018 at 12:47 PM, philosophie said:

Nooo I can’t believe next weekend is the final episodes! We had a lot of revelations today. I’m still confused honestly on everything but it seems that...

Hide contents

ARs dad was a ship driver or something that was killed for not going along with bad guys plans. BM was actually hacker that helped chairman chun 15 years ago and fighter oppa was a henchman for one of the other guys working for that person, did I get it right?

Oh dear! Is it next weekend the final episode??

I hope Prosecutor Jang is not dead..............

And the fighter oppa also will not be dead...

I hate the politicians to the core... 

I think your statements about AR's dad, BM and fighter oppa were all correct...

I just can't wait to see what would happen to Prosecutor Jang...

Also.. next ep... I am anxious, curious... 
Heck I really hope they could slay all the bad guys! Especially "That Person"!!!

Archived