[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

22 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:

Sorry to butt in (been shadowing the thread for some time now), but Ae could very well be like myself...an Asexual who for most of his hormonal life didn't feel attracted to anyone-man or woman-but through close boding with Pete, has started to crave intimacy with someone. For me---I'm in my mid 30s and I'm still a virgin (not ashamed to admit), I don't crave sex or an urge to be with anyone, but when I do create a bond with someone, I do want that intimacy/hand holding etc. It's hard to explain...There are so many levels to being and ACE person. For me, i'm the type that is strictly against the sex, but like the idea of being in a relationship with someone, but since it's unfair to the other person not to have that intimacy, I chose not to be in a relationship. 

Either way, Ae is such a great character and I like the way that the directors are taking him. I do hope they don't make him into the stereotypical "I'm only gay for Pete" but rather make him into a character many young people can relate to. 

Also want to add that ACEs do have sex (well most, especially if they want to make their partners happy) So Ae could still be an ACE even if he and Pete have sex. It would be such a great surprise if his character was Bisexual or an ACE. 

I did mention above that his past experience (well, lack thereof) makes him seem a bit asexual.  But the hints so far still all point to him being gay, according to me.  I think no one ever did it for him before because he was looking in the wrong places (aka vaginas, haha, sorry to be crass).  But he got a hard-on from touching Pete's chest.  That doesn't seem to fit asexual (as I understand it, from reading about it on the internet and NO experience in real life, so just tell me to shut up if I'm wrong. :D ) No reason to be ashamed of voluntarily being a virgin because you don't feel like having sex.  Do what you want, that's my life plan.  The internet is a great way to connect people.  Is there not yet any sort of dating site specifically for asexuals?  I see asexuals all over online saying they would like to be in a sexless relationship.

And hear hear! to your penultimate paragraph.  Once again.  I don't want him to be "gay for Pete, and Pete alone, he of the mesmerizing soft cheeks"!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, mads102030 said:

WHICH YOU SHOULD ALSO USE, BOYS!

Only time I actually saw one was in MIR2...lol...so this director was involved in that too..so perhaps there is hope !

20 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

You're right about the condoms, but i really can't see either of them going out and buying condoms. Unless Pond gives them one.... or more.... and shows them how to use them.  :phew:

Well, if we go back to the scene where   Ae brought Pete to his room for the first time <pause> I don't think Pond is the best role model. B)

2 minutes ago, deltos said:

Only time I actually saw one was in MIR2...lol...so this director was involved in that too..so perhaps there is hope !

Well, if we go back to the scene where   Ae brought Pete to his room for the first time <pause> I don't think Pond is the best role model. B)

You're right! Pond as a role model brings shivers to my spine. :crazy:

35 minutes ago, deltos said:

That and the carrot drop....:phew:

Well all the rabbits need company ! Welcome ! Want a carrot or Moisturizer as @baw74 has so dutifully supplied.

@baw74  Dude, I can't breathe...LMA Off at that image...of an image....of, an image.:lol:

You lost me on the "carrot drop".  Did I miss a preview/trailer scene?  It's all a bit mixed up with the rabbit references and I may be confused. Haha.

Don't worry, @baw74.  You can keep your lotion.  I, like Pete, have a moisturizer ready to go.

4 minutes ago, mads102030 said:

You lost me on the "carrot drop".  Did I miss a preview/trailer scene?  It's all a bit mixed up with the rabbit references and I may be confused. Haha.

Don't worry, @baw74.  You can keep your lotion.  I, like Pete, have a moisturizer ready to go.

The carrot drop is in one of the videos i saw. Pete is holding a carrot and Ae says "lets go shower together" and Pete in a stunned moment stares at Ae and drops the carrot out of his hand. It's hilarious!

14 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

The carrot drop is in one of the videos i saw. Pete is holding a carrot and Ae says "lets go shower together" and Pete in a stunned moment stares at Ae and drops the carrot out of his hand. It's hilarious!

Really? Where was I for this? I need this scene in my life stat lmfao. I can't wait to see this. Bwahahahaha :lol:

14 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Haha, damn, couldn't find it.  I thought I had seen everything they'd released... In the newest music video, there is the scene when Ae seems to be naked, or at least shirtless, and Pete looks surprised and sort of flees (maybe to the bathroom?) but I don't think that's it.  He was sitting on the bed, carrotless. Hahaha, let me know if you find the video again.

30 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

You know...Pete could have been holding and apple or orange...the director has a wry sense of humor...he's holding a carrot..

37 minutes ago, mads102030 said:

Did I miss a preview/trailer scene?

Here ya go ! Think it's cue to the correct part. @1sitsafetocomeout

12 minutes ago, deltos said:

You know...Pete could have been holding and apple or orange...the director has a wry sense of humor...he's holding a carrot..

Here ya go ! Think it's cue to the correct part.

I went hunting for it and I just came back to post it only to realize you already did lmfao. And you see that smile Ae had after he just rocked Pete's world. I'm driving myself crazy. I need to stop this. My health is at stake. There's like two whole days to survive before Friday gets here. Whyyyyyyyyyyy :bawling:

19 minutes ago, deltos said:

Thanks for the clip. I have it somewhere but i couldn't find it at the minute. I've just grabbed the 1080 copy of the clip and it looks awesome on our large screen TV. I might need to stop looping it and get back to work....or not!!  :phew:

30 minutes ago, deltos said:

I'm so confused!  Is this a slightly different trailer than the one I've watched a dozen times. . . or did I miss that EVERY time?  Hahaha, thank you so much.  Now I'm just going to watch that scene a dozen times to make up for my oversight.  Hahahahahaha.

13 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Thanks for the clip. I have it somewhere but i couldn't find it at the minute. I've just grabbed the 1080 copy of the clip and it looks awesome on our large screen TV. I might need to stop looping it and get back to work....or not!!  :phew:

@mads102030
Interestingly enough...this is the original " official clip" when it was going to air back in May...stop looping..or at least pace yourself. I think sleep may be in order on my side of the world...:lol:

21 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

I went hunting for it and I just came back to post it only to realize you already did lmfao. And you see that smile Ae had after he just rocked Pete's world. I'm driving myself crazy. I need to stop this. My health is at stake. There's like two whole days to survive before Friday gets here. Whyyyyyyyyyyy :bawling:

That's why I literally joined this forum today.  I needed support for the wait, and none of my real world friends are in to Asian BL.  Actually, who knows, maybe some of them are.  But I'm too embarrassed to ask more than the 3 I've already told about it as they stared at me strangely.  What, they're too busy doctoring, lawyering, engineering, and working for the UN?  (Yes, they are. Help.)

1 minute ago, deltos said:

Interestingly enough...this is the original " official clip" when it was going to air back in May...stop looping..or at least pace yourself. I think sleep may be in order on my side of the world...:lol:

Ok. I'll take your advice. You go get some sleep and i'll get back to work. It's only 1pm here, and fortunately i'm working from home today. I'm off to grab some lunch and lots of coffee. :D

7 minutes ago, deltos said:

Ah, ok, yeah, I had never seen this!  I was wondering what people were talking about with the whole Tin/Can a kiss isn't a kiss without tongue thing, as well. . . Now are my carrot and tongue-related questions have been answered.  Sleep well!

5 hours ago, deltos said:
5 hours ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

I feel like there are off screen conversations that go on and the transitions of time are so smooth. I really respect this director.

There are. This director takes the time to craft the scenes and coach the actors  in terms of what they should be feeling and most importantly how that feeling should look. Then the camera and editing takes over...LOL There were some great scenes in LS that you can see mimicked in LBC and no less powerful.

Yes, i am in awe to director for his past and present work that enjoy me a lot. LBC is actually to my eyes what the BL production have made the best there is on this market! Right, lot of LS references (including music) reminds me this serie has to stick in people's mind! Error of the past have been rubbed raw for offer us the best serie of the year, if not the best of all time!

5 hours ago, Harunacamelia said:

There are so many levels to being and ACE person

Love is many-sided, the main thing is to be at ease with any way you are in. To be virgin is not a problem, it is part of your personnality which must be respected! So you can help me if you explain to me what does this word ACE mean? TIA.:)

ps: the "carrot" moment is 0:39. It is more than short sequence, so it is difficult to memorize it as a long kiss one!

3 hours ago, mads102030 said:

That's why I literally joined this forum today.  I needed support for the wait, and none of my real world friends are in to Asian BL.  Actually, who knows, maybe some of them are.  But I'm too embarrassed to ask more than the 3 I've already told about it as they stared at me strangely.  What, they're too busy doctoring, lawyering, engineering, and working for the UN?  (Yes, they are. Help.)

Since some years i live with my asian chinese lover, which are not at all into BL serie/movie (he have other interest). He is always teasing me, and have joke on me cause i'm into BL thing. He is not jealous i watch "other nice and handsome asians", he only think he doesn't understand what interest there is to watch BL! He is more into chinese "flying sword" movies! Fairy tale VS Love story! His last fav one is Tsui Hark "Di Renjie: The four heavenly kings". I am only into realistic affair! :D

7 hours ago, mads102030 said:

I did mention above that his past experience (well, lack thereof) makes him seem a bit asexual.  But the hints so far still all point to him being gay, according to me.  I think no one ever did it for him before because he was looking in the wrong places (aka vaginas, haha, sorry to be crass).  But he got a hard-on from touching Pete's chest.  That doesn't seem to fit asexual (as I understand it, from reading about it on the internet and NO experience in real life, so just tell me to shut up if I'm wrong. :D ) No reason to be ashamed of voluntarily being a virgin because you don't feel like having sex.  Do what you want, that's my life plan.  The internet is a great way to connect people.  Is there not yet any sort of dating site specifically for asexuals?  I see asexuals all over online saying they would like to be in a sexless relationship.

And hear hear! to your penultimate paragraph.  Once again.  I don't want him to be "gay for Pete, and Pete alone, he of the mesmerizing soft cheeks"!

Thanks for your kind words. In NYC where I live, there is an official ACE group where like-minded people can meet and talk about living as an ACE. Sadly, it's hard dating as an ACE even within the same community. And yes some ACEs can get aroused-sometimes our bodies just do things on their own-but they may not act upon that. For some, they might even feel disgusted. Again, it's hard to explain, I only know about my experience or lack of. There are five categories of ACEs as far as I know--could be more with the ever changing non-conforming, non-binary people who are still not sure where they fall in the spectrum. 

I'm actually really glad that in this drama Pete is a character that already knew he was gay, instead of the BL dramas where the characters don't know and end up having drunken sex and suddenly go "oh I guess i'm gay now but only for this person"....As for Ae I'm still hopeful that the direction is that he has never experienced love so he never chose to be straight or gay and now it's when he is questioning his sexuality. 

As an ACE i enjoy it more when they (Pete and Ae) have subtle moments like staring at each other or holding hands. That type of intimacy is a lot more butterfly inducing than anything else in this world (to me LOL). 

3 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

Love is many-sided, the main thing is to be at ease with any way you are in. To be virgin is not a problem, it is part of your personnality which must be respected! So you can help me if you explain to me what does this word ACE mean? TIA.:)

ps: the "carrot" moment is 0:39. It is more than short sequence, so it is difficult to memorize it as a long kiss one!

ACE is the acronym for an Asexual person. 

The carrot moment is super hilarious and so relateable to many people who get tongue twisted in front of their crush. Pete's face was priceless and then Ae's smirk just put the cherry on top in that scene. Ae seems to tease Pete without realizing it, then he smirks like "oh I did that to him" 

Archived