[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, deltos said:

Here in the West I've run into individuals who identify as non-binary gender fluid. They don't identify with any gender nor are they attracted to any gender and are perfectly happy. So it could be the case for Ae. ( before Pete). Pete became the identity trigger. Now if  Champoo floats his boat too...then we have something else.  I can imagine him not thinking at all..maybe in this BL series this is the exception to the " gone gay for you " trope...LOL. Still waiting for an author who doesn't need any of the tropes to tell a good BL storyB)

Same here! Buddhism also teaches you how to put a lid on your sexual desires and we do know that Ae is a Buddhist, so it's not strange for him not to have thought about it. In my mind that works for me. :D

6 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I do my best thinking when i've had a least 3 cups of coffee. Before then, don't even ask me a question. 

I tried, I didn't do well...I've learned....

2 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Same here! Buddhism also teaches you how to put a lid on your sexual desires and we do know that Ae is a Buddhist, so it's not strange for him not to have thought about it. In my mind that works for me. :D

Yes it does make sense..thanks !! 

53 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Hmmm, Ae does show signs of having either having leaned asexual/aromantic in the past, or perhaps as you say, masking his desires through Buddhism.  His question to Pond, "Do you think it's possible for me to be suddenly aroused?"  And Pond's reaction, "Oh my god, finally!"  As well as his upcoming question (I assume will also be to Pond), "Do you think it's possible for me to like someone?"  Do indicate that he has REALLY never thought about sex and love before, at all.  What an adorable weirdo.  (Haha, I don't mean it, about the weirdo thing, he's a beautiful soul.  I just can't relate.  The hormones were strong with this one.) 

6 minutes ago, mads102030 said:

Hmmm, Ae does show signs of having either having leaned asexual/aromantic in the past, or perhaps as you say, masking his desires through Buddhism.  His question to Pond, "Do you think it's possible for me to be suddenly aroused?"  And Pond's reaction, "Oh my god, finally!"  As well as his upcoming question (I assume will also be to Pond), "Do you think it's possible for me to like someone?"  Do indicate that he has REALLY never thought about sex and love before, at all.  What an adorable weirdo.  (Haha, I don't mean it, about the weirdo thing, he's a beautiful soul.  I just can't relate.  The hormones were strong with this one.) 

My thoughts exactly. Even though i'm a Buddhist and was educated at a school run by Buddhist monks, like you my hormones lifted the lid a long time ago. :P

1 hour ago, mads102030 said:

LMFAO this whole statement cracked me up. I needed a laugh.

I'm actually not Buddhist or that would have helped me understand myself. I was 20 and still a virgin and wondering why I never liked a guy before. I thought I was gay because I wasn't attracted to a guy or anyone for that matter. So I tried dating girls but I wasn't attracted to them either though I did give it a good shot. I never could figure out what was wrong with me and I even went to therapy. Then at University I met D and I guess he rang all the right bells because we've been together ever since (Even with a couple of breakups).

That was roughly 10 years ago and I attended Uni late. I never quite figured it out but I've since been attracted to other people and dated others when D and I had broken up. I just figure I'm slow to rev lol.

It's why I like Ae so much thought. We're different but I can connect to not ever being interested in anyone sexually. I also admire the way they've executed the connection between Pete and Ae. It's not forced or too abrupt and you can tell it's happened over some weeks rather than just a couple of days. I feel like there are off screen conversations that go on and the transitions of time are so smooth. I really respect this director.

Such a rich conversation and peeling away of the traditional thoughts about Ae and really looking at  his " awakening"  from a different perspective.  It clearly suggests that all of his hesitancy is the absence of knowledge about relationships and even sexuality..although he did get that kissing part down pretty good :phew: 

43 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

I feel like there are off screen conversations that go on and the transitions of time are so smooth. I really respect this director.

There are. This director takes the time to craft the scenes and coach the actors  in terms of what they should be feeling and most importantly how that feeling should look. Then the camera and editing takes over...LOL There were some great scenes in LS that you can see mimicked in LBC and no less powerful. Such a rich adaptation of the novel. 

1 minute ago, deltos said:

although he did get that kissing part down pretty good :phew: 

He did. I was surprised when he told Pete that he "sucked" at kissing. A lot better than my first kiss. I couldn't stop laughing before, during and after. :(  It didn't endear me to the boy i was kissing. :D

Well...those " firsts " were always tricky.  Either you remember ....or you forget... and  like everything..perfect practice makes perfect:lol:. I keep laughing at the trailer clip where Pete says,..don't worry I have moisturizer...I can't even..:lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, deltos said:

Well...those " firsts " were always tricky.  Either you remember ....or you forget... and  like everything..perfect practice makes perfect:lol:. I keep laughing at the trailer clip where Pete says,..don't worry I have moisturizer...I can't even..:lol::lol:

ooohhh yea! I was trying to forget about that. :crazy:  It's going to be interesting to watch that episode. :P

50 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

LMFAO this whole statement cracked me up. I needed a laugh.

I'm actually not Buddhist or that would have helped me understand myself. I was 20 and still a virgin and wondering why I never liked a guy before. I thought I was gay because I wasn't attracted to a guy or anyone for that matter. So I tried dating girls but I wasn't attracted to them either though I did give it a good shot. I never could figure out what was wrong with me and I even went to therapy. Then at University I met D and I guess he rang all the right bells because we've been together ever since (Even with a couple of breakups).

That was roughly 10 years ago and I attended Uni late. I never quite figured it out but I've since been attracted to other people and dated others when D and I had broken up. I just figure I'm slow to rev lol.

It's why I like Ae so much thought. We're different but I can connect to not ever being interested in anyone sexually. I also admire the way they've executed the connection between Pete and Ae. It's not forced or too abrupt and you can tell it's happened over some weeks rather than just a couple of days. I feel like there are off screen conversations that go on and the transitions of time are so smooth. I really respect this director.

Glad I could give you a laugh.  And glad you eventually, ahem, revved. ;)  

And you're so right about the director.  It really does feel like a good amount of time has passed.  We know there have been many, many breakfasts together that didn't appear on screen, for one.  This show is really killing me with how good it is so far.  I kind of wish I wouldn't have discovered Thai BL this year (2018), but next year, so I could have just binge-watched this like I got to with Love Sick, Addicted (aware this is not Thai), Sotus, et. al. Haha.  I'm enjoying the community and moral support for the waiting. . . but I'm so impatient! :D

I'm not new to the wide world of gay-themed content, but I've been watching the western variety for many years.  Didn't even know any of this Asian "BL" (often geared toward women, it seems) existed!  Mind blown.  Ran into Gay Ok Bangkok on youtube (more realistic gay themed/what I was used to from western shows, by the way that show is awesome) and the suggestions from there just dragged me down the rabbit hole. . .  And. . . I'm enjoying it down here in Wonderland, to be honest. 

7 minutes ago, deltos said:

14396810_Alt01?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

Sorry to butt in (been shadowing the thread for some time now), but Ae could very well be like myself...an Asexual who for most of his hormonal life didn't feel attracted to anyone-man or woman-but through close boding with Pete, has started to crave intimacy with someone. For me---I'm in my mid 30s and I'm still a virgin (not ashamed to admit), I don't crave sex or an urge to be with anyone, but when I do create a bond with someone, I do want that intimacy/hand holding etc. It's hard to explain...There are so many levels to being and ACE person. For me, i'm the type that is strictly against the sex, but like the idea of being in a relationship with someone, but since it's unfair to the other person not to have that intimacy, I chose not to be in a relationship. 

Either way, Ae is such a great character and I like the way that the directors are taking him. I do hope they don't make him into the stereotypical "I'm only gay for Pete" but rather make him into a character many young people can relate to. 

Also want to add that ACEs do have sex (well most, especially if they want to make their partners happy) So Ae could still be an ACE even if he and Pete have sex. It would be such a great surprise if his character was Bisexual or an ACE. 

15 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

He did. I was surprised when he told Pete that he "sucked" at kissing. A lot better than my first kiss. I couldn't stop laughing before, during and after. :(  It didn't endear me to the boy i was kissing. :D

Oh my gosh, I think my favorite part of the scene was after the kiss, when they're being so awkward and quiet, each not knowing what to say, and then Ae says as he's about to get out of the car, "Well, that was my first kiss."  So sweet.  And pretty much the only thing he could have said to give Pete a bit of confidence in that moment, knowing that Ae's head was full of confusion and still analyzing whether he even liked Pete "that way".  He chose YOU for his first kiss, Pete.  He may be confused, but you can smile and exhale. You're definitely special to him.   

3 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:

Sorry to butt in (been shadowing the thread for some time now), but Ae could very well be like myself...an Asexual who for most of his hormonal life didn't feel attracted to anyone-man or woman-but through close boding with Pete, has started to crave intimacy with someone. For me---I'm in my mid 30s and I'm still a virgin (not ashamed to admit), I don't crave sex or an urge to be with anyone, but when I do create a bond with someone, I do want that intimacy/hand holding etc. It's hard to explain...There are so many levels to being and ACE person. For me, i'm the type that is strictly against the sex, but like the idea of being in a relationship with someone, but since it's unfair to the other person not to have that intimacy, I chose not to be in a relationship. 

Either way, Ae is such a great character and I like the way that the directors are taking him. I do hope they don't make him into the stereotypical "I'm only gay for Pete" but rather make him into a character many young people can relate to. 

Hey, nothing wrong with being a virgin. You just haven't found the right person yet. It'll happen when the time is right and you'll know when that time comes. :D

8 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

It's going to be interesting to watch that episode

That and the carrot drop....:phew:

7 minutes ago, mads102030 said:

I'm enjoying it down here in Wonderland, to be honest. 

Well all the rabbits need company ! Welcome ! Want a carrot or Moisturizer as @baw74 has so dutifully supplied.

@baw74  Dude, I can't breathe...LMA Off at that image...of an image....of, an image.:lol:

5 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

I'm really hoping he actually means Lube... cause oh damn, I feel like that's gonna hurt more than help. :persevere:

A Spanish language version of the trailer translated it to "lubricante" (lubricant).  And Spanish does have other words for moisturizer/lotion, so it was an intentional choice.  Don't know if they did that because it makes more sense, or because the original Thai did actually say "lubricant" rather than "moisturizer".  I'm thinking it's possible that Thai doesn't have separate words for the two?  Or the boys are new to sex and don't know they need to get them some water-based lubricant for favorable interaction with condoms. . . WHICH YOU SHOULD ALSO USE, BOYS!

6 minutes ago, mads102030 said:

A Spanish language version of the trailer translated it to "lubricante" (lubricant).  And Spanish does have other words for moisturizer/lotion, so it was an intentional choice.  Don't know if they did that because it makes more sense, or because the original Thai did actually say "lubricant" rather than "moisturizer".  I'm thinking it's possible that Thai doesn't have separate words for the two?  Or the boys are new to sex and don't know they need to get them some water-based lubricant for favorable interaction with condoms. . . WHICH YOU SHOULD ALSO USE, BOYS!

You're right about the condoms, but i really can't see either of them going out and buying condoms. Unless Pond gives them one.... or more.... and shows them how to use them.  :phew:

Archived