[Drama 2018] Come Here and Hug Me, 이리와 안아줘

DreamCatcher2011

@supergal99 ~ okay, finally got why you would make yourself watch this drama even though it is a melo. uniform is such a hottie! he is so normal looking in the pics but in the drama, wah! in the beginning of ep 1, part of me is all feeling bad that he has this psycho of a father and has to talk about in the interview and everyone is acting like he is the next zombie demon... then the other part of me is like wah! no wonder supergal99 is seeing this drama just for him. what a hottie! what a voice! so much good expressions. :lol:.... okay, now back to being melo. off to see the childhood portions and them getting all tortured.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omo @Lmangla i salute u for taking the plunge! Heeee... great...now u can help do some uniform check erhm.. analysis for our hottie :glasses: (yum yum):tongue::wub:

Oh wait.. can u take horror ?? Hahaaaa... not to worry uri @USAFarmgirl is always ready to give u a hug ... ah wait again... she cant take horror!! Uh oh *dum~*:grimace:

Ok chill u can come n hug me ok? What? I sound cheesy? Tsk...

Cto

Mmm.. @stargazer187 yess yess  he is a detective. I think he topped the cohort so he gets to wear that dashing smart powerful looking uniform?:grimace:

Oh u were right - NW and her bro is not related.. i didnt "see" this part when i watch the drama.:blink:

Source: wikipedia

Main cast

A rookie detective who graduated from police university. He is cheerful and optimistic but has never forgotten his first love, Jae-yi.
  • Jin Ki-joo as Han Jae-yi
    • Ryu Han-bi as young Han Jae-yi/Gil Nak-won
A woman with a panic disorder who dreams of becoming an actress like her mother, and though she has suffered greatly, she overcomes it and vows to live well.
Chae Do-jin's father. A psychopath serial killer who gives twisted affection to his son and shows no remorse.

Supporting cast

Han Jae-yi's non biological brother

---------------

Oh our female lead previous role was not so "nice" in Misty... what a transformation!

I cannot even begin to pinpoint what it is about this drama that has gotten me invested emotionally given that it is only in its premiere episodes. Perhaps it's the juxtaposition of beautiful scenes like this of the OTP's first meeting as adolescents  drawn against what will become a very tragic and dark intertwining of their fates that immediately drew me to their story. 

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Mad props to these young actors for laying such a beautiful foundation for their adult counterparts. They did an excellent job of portraying two teenagers who were destined to meet and fall in love in this somewhat obscure town.  Na Da Reum in particular is going to be a such a noona/ahjumma slayer , if he isn't already. The other young actors are well casted too. The little sister for example did such a credible job - you could immediately sense her fear everytime that monster of a stepfather came close to her. 

So are monsters born or made?  This I suppose will be the underlying question as we see the story of unfold.  I cannot even imagine what it must be like to be brought up and brainwashed by such a man. How can one not be emotionally scarred? But yet as a teenager, Na Moo , wise beyond his years , has already made up his mind not to be like his father: 

Eliminating what makes me weak and pathetic is not the way to become strong. It's when you wish to protect something, that is when you become strong as a human being. I met the first person I want to protect. That brought upon the realisation.

This commitment was reiterated by the adult Do Jin ( JKY is so swoony) : 

I'll become strong.  Father mentioned everything that makes me weak and pathetic. I'll protect them.  My beautiful Nak Won.

These lines are beautiful but hints of tragedy and angst ahead. I already found myself at the edge of my seat each time the father appeared. Tears fell easily when I see the pain that adults Do Jin and Jae Yi go through. I have that wistful feeling when I see the scenes of young Na Moo and Nak Won. Yes, i am indeed setting myself up again for a roller coaster of emotions. But you know what , Wednesday cannot come soon enough. 

Thanks @supergal99 @stargazer187 @USAFarmgirl for the recommendation. This would have flown under the radar for me if not for your excitement. Glad to have picked it up. @Lmangla he is a very hot cop. I love his built. It's the way he carries himself. He does the strong but tortured thing really well. They also chose a perfect child actor for the role. The transition is believable.

omo, omo, omo @stargazer187 @dramaninja @Latte_Anyday ~ he isn't her brother but this isn't the typical fauxcest kind of angle chingus. so they mention that a couple was killed six years ago (at the time when they were kids)....moo-won is their son who survived. nak won's dad was a lawyer who took their kid in after the murder. and who committed that murder? na-moo's psycho dad!!!!! so nak won's dad is talking to someone and says how moo won is smiling more and adjusted. after hyun moo punched the kid in school, moo won says that if there is an internal rupture, time is of the essence. when hyun moo says he doesn't care, moo won says there's nothing worse than someone dying because of you.. so whatever happened, moo won almost feels responsible and some amount of guilt. so when he thought nok won was missing, he looked really scared and petrified. so this isn't going to be a typical triangle. the guy lost his parents twice because of this psycho and he is protective of his little sis because he knows what it is like to lose family...

and while the known victims were women, the unknown ones were couples. please note, couples. so psycho dad sees affection and love as a sign of weakness. so if nok won and na moo get together -- they are a couple. so danger alert!!!!!!!

and it is interesting that the little girl sees him as a ghost - very perceptive. but I really wanted to know what is the story between the two brothers - hyun moo and na moo. they seem to know that he had done things. did they witness stuff like their mother dying? hyun moo feels like no one cares about him but he does care about his brother, stepsister and even the stepmother. the kid he fought with was the son of the boss lady at the restaurant. so did he beat him up because of something related to that? ... so many Qs. will we have a happy ending? maybe we should get the tissue box ready because there is bound to be some characters that we fall in love with who are not going to make it chingus.

@stargazer187 ~ didn't get fauxcest vibes from the brother at all. think he is affectionate with her because she makes him smile and they are all very giggly as a family. but now putting the pieces together, maybe a bit too giggly? the switch to him being in the school shows a very different side of him -- the real side which is almost cold, clinical but also hurting...

23 minutes ago, triplem said:

Thanks @supergal99 @stargazer187 @USAFarmgirl for the recommendation. This would have flown under the radar for me if not for your excitement. Glad to have picked it up. @Lmangla he is a very hot cop. I love his built. It's the way he carries himself. He does the strong but tortured thing really well. They also chose a perfect child actor for the role. The transition is believable.

:lol: erhmm ...triplem... itz kinda weird that we r super excited over a...a .. melodrama :wacko: *dum dum dum*

(Ok ok juz having fun ya?)

*whisper* i like the horror parts too :grimace:

Aw man i need to salute u too...hahaaa

Cto:

Oh oh pardon me @Lmangla @stargazer187 i will sloooowly digest yr posts .. coz i cant focus now heeee

23 minutes ago, triplem said:

@Lmangla he is a very hot cop. I love his built. It's the way he carries himself. He does the strong but tortured thing really well. They also chose a perfect child actor for the role. The transition is believable.

kekeke.. he really does carry himself well. what I found interesting is how he walks across a room and commands it. he is well aware of how alone his path is due to his family history but he has accepted it with a kind of dignity, courage and determination -- a very different kind of strength than what we are used to seeing. yea, he is tortured but this isn't the typical fly by the rail boiling pot kind of agony. that is his brother which makes me wonder what happened to him...

normally, I find this whole childhood love portion really silly but here, you buy these two characters connected. like @USAFarmgirl aptly put it, sometimes your heart just chooses. but I think it has a lot to do with her family dynamics. it is like her family are healers who draw in wounded souls....

Just now, Lmangla said:

nd while the known victims were women, the unknown ones were couples. please note, couples. so psycho dad sees affection and love as a sign of weakness. so if nok won and na moo get together -- they are a couple. so danger alert!!!!!!!

Spot on observation. The father I believe murdered Moo Won's parents. This will become a point of contention when they grow up.  I can imagine him using this against Na Moo / Do Jin. Right now young Moo Won's feelings go beyond one of brotherly affection. At least that is the impression I get. I feel he has already subconsciously fallen for Nok Won as teenagers. 

Hyun Moo's character is a lot more layered then he has been painted at the moment. He is a real thug and a problematic child as a teenager. But I have a feeling he will have Na Moo's back in later episodes. I am more suspicious of Moo Won and who he will become or how he will turn out.

@supergal99 Yes, unbelievable we are spazzing on a melodrama...but wait there was Tomorrow With You.

@stargazer187 I am really looking forward to the adult versions crossing path. I sense the connection from the preview

Wow he is sooo hot! I start watching this drama because I liked a plot,  but I could't  imaging  that the main hero would be so amazing. 

Yes, and the teenagers actors, they was unforgettable

31 minutes ago, triplem said:

They did an excellent job of portraying two teenagers who were destined to meet and fall in love in this somewhat obscure town. 

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

Hyun Moo's character is a lot more layered then he has been painted at the moment. He is a real thug and a problematic child as a teenager. But I have a feeling he will have Na Moo's back in later episodes. I am more suspicious of Moo Won and who he will become or how he will turn out.

you know me @triplem, while everyone is worried about the leads, am forever invested in some other side character and now, in this one, it is hyun moo. am not sure why but I felt so awful when he said that no one cares about him just like all the other women in their father's life ... but he cares.. and you could see his rather scared/worried/helpless reaction on seeing that bag in the psycho dad's car. so he knows that whenever that man takes that bag, no good thing happens... makes me think that their own mother who died also was a murder and these kids were perhaps some sort of witness...

yea, moo won is going to be a real surprise because we won't know what to expect. it is one thing to have that kind of trauma but family tragedy twice?  am going to fly solo in this thread and say that I really don't feel fauxcest vibes from him. :sweat_smile:hahahah.. for me, it felt more like possessiveness where you have lost something precious to you and can't bear to have it happen again. that fear was really pulsating off him. a slightly different vibe than the typical fauxcest.

@supergal99 ~ yea, digest the hot pics of uniform and savour before the darkness descends. hahahaha... :tongue:

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

But I have a feeling he will have Na Moo's back in later episodes. I am more suspicious of Moo Won and who he will become or how he will turn out.

you're right, he could become a monster or he could be a real great guy.

And one thing about So Jin ... it was so sweet to see how HM cared her, I mean he is not such a bad guy, he is just so lonely kid

1 minute ago, OksanaS said:

you're right, he could become a monster or he could be a real great guy.

And one thing about So Jin ... it was so sweet to see how HM cared her, I mean he is not such a bad guy, he is just so lonely kid

so true. but he was rather cute when he saw how so jin had drawn him with a sour face and he laughed... then he saw how she had drawn psycho as almost ghost like without any features -- super creepy. how did the stepmom not know pick on those vibes? how did she end up marrying him? why???

Yes @Lmangla , I know too well of  your attention to strange details and side characters :D. Maybe we will have a watch PPL scene you can analyse. kkkkkkk

Actually am interested to see the relationship dynamics of all the siblings involved when they grow up. Like the little sister and Nam Moo. He was her protector in that home. How did that change when they grow up? I might be over reading the fauxcest vibe. You could very well be right. 

edit to add: I am surprised the mum does not sense anything strange till that night. She must be blinded by the idea that she landed jackpot when she married him.

@OksanaS This is my first time watching the male lead. I may be a minority here who did not watch My Ahjussi where he was a supporting character or even in Go Back Couple as second lead. I am impressed so far.

Aw man @Lmangla tsk.. so naughty ya u -> ya i confessed i m here for the uniform(s) n suits too... hahaaa:grimace: (i told u i cant write i can only joke ya...:glasses:)

Oh @triplem TWY - gosh we were spazzing on hot kisses n bed scenes la - different league heeee:grimace: *wink*

Talking about our young cuties, come n hug them ...BTS:

Cto:

kekeke... @triplem ~ maybe they will give nice watch at the police graduation? hahahha... and I didn't watch my ajusshi either. so am in minority with you....

there, there @supergal99 ~ my love for side characters means that I am bound to appreciate some cutie in the police station who works with him. hahahha.. and you want to spazz? well, that dog was really cute... till the dog made me worry about what will happen. hahhahaha...

and random Q - how are they going to weave in PPLs in such a dark drama? will there be some subway or pizza maru here? maybe some soju or fridge?

Just now, dramaninja said:

Its a oppa fest in here :mellow:

I really do love all of you lol :heart:

My apologies to you again @dramaninja...I see you on so many threads that I cannot imagine how you must be suffering from all the fangirling. It must be hard to filter through trying to look for solid drama discussion. Quick @supergal99 please make a nice gif of the female lead for him.

1 minute ago, triplem said:

My apologies to you again @dramaninja...I see you on so many threads that I cannot imagine how you must be suffering from all the fangirling. It must be hard to filter through trying to look for solid drama discussion. Quick @supergal99 please make a nice gif of the female lead for him.

Bhahaha!

Man I love it here. :wub:

21 minutes ago, OksanaS said:

Wow he is sooo hot! I start watching this drama because I liked a plot,  but I could't  imaging  that the main hero would be so amazing. 

Yes, and the teenagers actors, they was unforgettable

Aw man OksanaS, i have been wanting to share the hotness of JKY with @triplem n @Lmangla - he is super cool in KBS drama Go back couple. 99% of us in that drama thread had SLS hahaaa... *wink* @stargazer187

Oh stargazer187 now vending machines r no longer juz vending machines....imagine our hottie leaning his head against the vending machine juz makes u erhm... thirsty... *fan fan* heee

:glasses:

Ahhh.. @dramaninja i thot u r gonna scold us gals "crazy" (again) u wanna spazz on uri pretty female lead ?? Heeee:wub:

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... @triplem ~ maybe they will give nice watch at the police graduation? hahahha... and I didn't watch my ajusshi either. so am in minority with you....

there, there @supergal99 ~ my love for side characters means that I am bound to appreciate some cutie in the police station who works with him. hahahha.. and you want to spazz? well, that dog was really cute... till the dog made me worry about what will happen. hahhahaha...

Me neither on "my ahjusshi".

Eh eh... what? Lmangla... which other cuties colleagues ?? hahaa

Archived