Quantcast
DreamCatcher2011

[Drama 2018] Come Here and Hug Me, 이리와 안아줘

@supergal99 ooohhh spoilersss... but I can't hold myself... hahaha

Spoiler

The bgm in this clip, I notice the song from a red velvet if I'm not mistaken, it's been used in jibsabu ep 12 (YSJ's breakdance) hahaha... I like this song. 

Wait 'the girl falls oopa catcha' trope is for the cliff hanger?? Nooo.. so I have to wait for Thursday ep to see the continuation of it???  Ah.. this is what I've been waiting for week, huh. 

And this inst. Ost... I hope they'll release this song later. I love the song. 

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Annyeonghaseyo chingu @celebrianna..Good to see you here to . All six point you mentioned impacted me too. The preview on where the father tells Chae Do Jin that he is more like his father was chilling and intense. I agree Chae Do Jin can sometimes act exactly like his father ( meaning he is very good at intimidating people) just by remaining quiet. Like the scene after his interview and he made the entire room feel his presence and make them very afraid. That scene was so chilling. I was like rooting for him to scare the crap out of all them and making them feel guilty for embellishing the facts about the victims. 

Hi Chingu, I love these types of shows. I would say he’s nothing like his father though because he has a conscience despite growing up with a father who probably tried to brainwash him from a young age. He probably reacted that way to his fellow interviewees after he heard them denigrating the victims his father killed. I like that he seem to want to dedicate his life to helping victims. 

• Like 6

I only seriously started watching this show today and I really like it. Last week, I only caught the glimpse of scary scenes that made me drop the show. But I am really glad I picked it up again. 

Thus, so everyone else could enjoy this show as much as Korean speakers can, I will try to translate character descriptions from the official MBC website. 

Here is the first one

Real Name Yoon Namu (Tree) / 28 years old / Lieutenant, Graduated from the Police University.

"Don’t worry. Psychopathic tendencies are not hereditary. Even if I am next to you like this, it’s not contagious like a cold either.”

He’s very friendly. He’s a positive and cheerful man who speaks in Gyungsang dialect. His sense of justice is exceptional, so that it stands out. He’s tall and handsome so that even the pickpockets will say “You could become a model instead of detective” after seeing him for 10 seconds. Those who come in contact with him will all say that he probably is an only son from a rich family, born with a silver spoon, recipient of affection from his parents and have never experienced any challenges of this world. However, the truth is, he is the youngest son of Yoon Heejae, the worst psychopath serial murderer in Korea.

Gil Nakwon (Paradise), the first love of his childhood and the first and only savior who reminded him that he is a different kind of man than his father. She is still his only love. When he thinks about Nakwon who may have suffered even more by embracing him, he feels like his emotions rupturing, as if cracking his shell that maintained its calmness regardless of what happened.

Real Name: Gil Nakwon (Paradise) / 28 years old / Top actress in Korea

"My past is like a documentary (tragic), but my current life is like a variety show (comedic). I have many outbursts daily, like a Maui volcano."

Even though as a child, she complained it’s a nuisance to have a famous actress as her mother, she thought being an actress with constant changes was fantastic. Maybe that led her to dream about becoming an actress from when she was young. Even though she experienced a horrendous event, she overcame it and chose to become an actress. From a casual glance, she’s gutsy, cheerful, and optimistic. Thus no one even imagined that she’s the daughter of Ji Hyewon, a famous actress killed by Yoon Heejae.

She is the most trending celebrity in Korea now, with amazing acting chops in romance, but says what’s on her mind and full of confidence. She’s an actress who’s popular with both male and female audience.

Yoon Namu. Her first love at the beginning of puberty. Also the son of her archenemy, son of the man who killed her parents.  He was so mature even at a young age. She is afraid and afraid of herself for still missing the child of the enemy who killed her parents. If she meets him again, the kid who used to look me in the eye, she is most afraid that she will end up loving him again if they reunite.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Translation of  character descriptions from the official MBC website. (Part 2)

Gil Moowon

Nakwon’s stepbrother / 30 years old / Prosecutor

He is cold and charismatic while doing his job but he adores his younger sister so much that his investigator would call him “fool for his sister”.  But in reality, he was adopted by Gil Sungshik, a civil rights attorney, and got a new last name. Thus, he’s not related to Nakwon by blood. After losing his parents when he was 12 years old, the pain and its reverberations that seemed like it will never go away was subdued with warmth of Nakwon and his step parents.

Just for being able to hide the box deep in his heart, Moowon pledged to pay back his affection to them for the rest of his life. So after losing both step parents in such a tragic manner, Moowon worried more about how it had hurt Nakwon than how it had hurt himself. Even though relatives gave him dirty looks accusing him of having his eye on the inheritance, he stayed as a stepbrother because of Nakwon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Why does it have to be the end?? I feel that they need to add extra time for each episode. Like I won't whine if they make it 1,5 hour for this show. I mean how can I spend the whole week waiting but I have finished ep 5 already. I want more! 

Seriously, which publisher that accept the psychopath to be an author and allow publishing his book? On top of that, he shamelessly writes his autobiography as a killer and how he commits his murder through his book??? Do they can do this?? He's like boosting to the world even he was caught and imprisoned like that he still can haunt his victims through his book. So this book might be his new weapon to pierce the victims. However, no one would like to be reminded about their trauma and tragedy. And I see this thing as something interesting, a big scoop one as they like to call. Tsk... especially that lady focus reporter. Seriously I want to  pull out her hair and rip her mouth for keep pressing and cornering NW to her past which she wants to erase.

Here I love with how the writer make the character for HJY/NW as a tough yet so heartbroken and hurting inside. She tries her best to live on her life with the scar and trauma she has even she has to deal with the bullying trashy reporter. 

Then, how interesting for us to see how the life and struggle of a assailant's family member tries to bear with the burden and guilt for what the other family member's sin. NM might look mighty and fine. But he is no different than NW, being deeply hurt and has to struggle fighting the stigma as a son of a serial killer in the society. He is labeled as the murder son and prejudiced to have a chance for being like his father. As the people keep wondering maybe and maybe he'll inherits his father psychotic genes.

Seeing how the media treated the assailant's family member is kinda annoying. They make them uncomfortable and chase them to do something against their will.  It's pretty upsetting when they have to suffer because of their family member's crime. They become of one the victims themselves. 

Here's how they give us only some fragments of their past intertwined with their present life. This is like they want us to play puzzle while watching the drama. They want us to put every little pieces we get into a complete picture. The contents of the 'I am not unlike you' hints "that night" leaves me a big question. What was actually happened that night. Both NW and NM are there together when the accident happened. What is that? And a flashback of NW's bother too make me wonder what happened to him? The flashback seems will appear more than I expected. It's good tho, we still can meet the young actors much longer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What a joke! The Monster wrote a book ffs!

And the end scene where Na-Moo comes to Nak-Won's rescue was *sighs dreamily* so swoon worthy... Those pesky paparazzi are like a nest of vipers urgh! I think the girl who sparred with Na-Moo during Judo practice has a crush on him aish tsk. She better not tear our OTP apart, although there's the fear that Na-Moo might pick after his Monster Dad (I hope NOT) Also if and when should the Monster does get out of prison, he'd never leave our OTP alone either.

I'm not used to the way it is in K-Dramas where brothers shower affection toward their sisters LMFAo! On one hand, I'm envious 'cause no way I have that relationship with my siblings! At the same time...don't think I'm comfortable having that kind of closeness either LoL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

@Latte_Anyday that girl only want to practice with male partner as how NM revealed that what she's going to face in the real world are men. This made me think and guess is it maybe she has experienced a tough past life too. That is why tries so hard to be strong. And well, I see that she sees him in a different light. For now she's in admiring stage. Soon she'll go to the next stage caring and falling. Lol 

But I won't accept any other triangle love here. Just no! It might look so dull. I mean we have psychological conflict, thriller, melodrama already. But one side love is not that annoying tho if it has to be there. 

22 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

although there's the fear that Na-Moo might pick after his Monster Dad (I hope NOT)

I wonder who keep sending him the book? His father? Ehh.. how could it be? The pesky reporters?? That is also too much, huh. I guess aside from struggle to live on with that shame of his father gave him, he has to fight his own fear of having a chance to be like his dad. The book title keep bothering me and the flashback he has worried me as well. But I think this drama will try answer the earlier question about "does the psychopath born in nature or nurture?" And we'll go through the journey on how NM grow to prove that he's different from his father and he'll be a much better person despite of the environment and his father doctrine since childhood. I believe with the writer and NM. 

P.S. 

Same.. I never be that close to my siblings. But I want to have that kind of caring loving oppa too. And it's better if he isn't my biological brother. Lolololol. 

And guys how tall is JKY?? He is perfectly tall huh. Seriously, he's so dashing in that judo's robe. Hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

31 minutes ago, triplem said:

So excited just reading you all. Hv to watch this later after work. I think ratings has risen slightly 

Yes, it's risen slightly! Ratings are increasing slowly but steadily every episode which means word of mouth must be good. Hope it can continue the upward trend! :D

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images include twitter ,IG etc. Remove before posting. TQ
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

@triplem you haven't? Aw.. go watch it soon!! :DIt's much better than before. I was having my pre-dawn meal and viu subbed this faster so I can watch it right away after done eating. Hahaha

It deserve high rate. They make me engrossed to my screen. Kekekeke

• LOL 3

15 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@supergal99 ooohhh spoilersss... but I can't hold myself... hahaha

Reveal hidden contents

The bgm in this clip, I notice the song from a red velvet if I'm not mistaken, it's been used in jibsabu ep 12 (YSJ's breakdance) hahaha... I like this song. 

Wait 'the girl falls oopa catcha' trope is for the cliff hanger?? Nooo.. so I have to wait for Thursday ep to see the continuation of it???  Ah.. this is what I've been waiting for week, huh. 

And this inst. Ost... I hope they'll release this song later. I love the song. 

Reveal hidden contents

Hahaha  @stargazer187  yessss.. the song is sooo cute - i was caught surprised by Jae-yi's "sh**" ops! I agree with u the BGM used for the hug is very nice! Oh wondering when will they release the OSTs ?

Ps. Uniform hottie is 1.87m tall - he models (and can rap too).

omy u guys have watched the subbed already? Oh i hvnt got time grrrr...

There's a BTS on the last scene:

(Screenshot)

zdUOmIy.jpg

Super lucky gal!! Me wan to be inside the pic hahaaa...

The guys were shouting Jin Ki Joo~~... making her shy shy...

Hahaa. I was thinking after reading @itgirl description about Jae-yi's step-bro, @Latte_Anyday should feel 'better' about his overly concern for her sis - 

Quote :

10 hours ago, itgirl said:

Moowon pledged to pay back his affection to them for the rest of his life. So after losing both step parents in such a tragic manner, Moowon worried more about how it had hurt Nakwon than how it had hurt himself. Even though relatives gave him dirty looks accusing him of having his eye on the inheritance, he stayed as a stepbrother because of Nakwon.

(Omy i see "latte" ... now i gotta grab some coffee heee)

Cto mbc:

bWx2kS7.jpg

7 hours ago, raziela said:

Yes, it's risen slightly! Ratings are increasing slowly but steadily every episode which means word of mouth must be good. Hope it can continue the upward trend! :D

Ahh... considering both are quite new actors plus first time leads - ratings r decent ya?

:grimace:

tumblr_p8ficjMq1n1t8gzeto2_1280.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu4C553UBxYc2bbtGp1YIcome-and-hug-me-ep-1-with-eng-su.jpg

Among all the noise, sirens and commotion there NM sat in that darkness.   Sitting there as if his mind, body and soul were crippled cold and in the snow under that old tree.    Lost within himself and sitting there all alone.   Then I see NW slowly getting out of the car and at first the view gives you this feeling while looking at her face flushed with tears and her sweater stained with blood.  What is it that she is feeling and wondering what are her feelings even towards NM...

In not knowing what all happened just yet  I found myself so relieved when she stepped towards him and seemed to take all of her view of him into all of herself.  She paused as if to take a breath most likely still in so much shock.  Her looking down and him looking up.  It's as if they were speaking yet no words were being said...

She moves in and kneels down and wraps her small arms quickly around his neck and hides her head on his shoulder as they cry and there is this sense of understanding and for some reason my attention turned to a thin blue ribbon within her hair still tied so perfectly in a bow. As if it was the only thing unchanged and untouched.  For around it were the splattered stains of blood on them and on their clothes.  She gently places her hand over his and his arm still looking so intensely at him.  I wondered to myself of all the fear he would have had to face and not just then but a lifetime of fear...

NW gave NM a whole new view of himself, she allowed him to believe and see himself through her eyes and even more she gave him someone to love enough to finally stand up protect and show that he truly is different...

Spoiler

tumblr_p8go5iErOi1uijdt1o5_500.gif

• Like 4

9 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

the bgm in this clip is EXID'S UP AND DOWN and not red velvet's

Nice episode.  I liked it so much and the ratings have also risen.  fighting!!!!

Spoiler

Nak wons's step brother is kinda suspicious.  I think, its just my guess.  There may be a twist in Nak wons's parents murder and it may be not Na Moo's dad but him.

I finished watching My Ahjusshi yesterday.  What a contrast of character JKY in that drama compared to this drama.  He can act.  Well done!!!!!

More hugs please.  I like the female lead so very much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

I like the female lead so very much

She is sooo adorable n lovely in this role. Did u catch her in 'misty' ? *dum dum dum* (totally different)

Cr soompi:

Jin Ki Joo Suffers From PTSD In Front Of Reporters In “Come And Hug Me”

Jin-Ki-Joo3.jpg
MBC’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Come and Hug Me” released preview stills of Jin Ki Joo being affected by her post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in front of nosy reporters who are surrounding her.

See Also: Jin Ki Joo Talks About How Her Dad Initially Opposed Her Choice To Become An Actress

In one of the released stills, Jin Ki Joo is smiling brightly at the reporters, but in another photo, she is sitting on the floor with a gloomy, confused expression on her face. Her character Han Jae Yi suffers from PTSD because she lost her parents to a psychopath when she was little. Due to that, she changed her name as well. However, the reporters find out her true identity and attempt to interview her about her past.

Jin-Ki-Joo21.jpgJin-Ki-Joo31.jpg

The viewers are curious if she’ll be able to overcome the current predicament she is in.

Episodes five and six will air on May 23 at 10 p.m. KST.

Catch up to the latest episode below!

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/22/jin-ki-joo-suffers-ptsd-front-reporters-come-hug/

New stills. JKJ is so pretty

z1JolxU.jpg

@supergal99 Yup, the main reason i left that drama in the middle is becoz of her annoying second female lead character.  what a transformation???? the same goes to JKY.  his character is such a badass in My ahjusshi but here wow!!!!! Hope the ratings increase more. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1