[Drama 2018] Come Here and Hug Me, 이리와 안아줘

DreamCatcher2011

:)Special: The 'machine gun' coffee ( ahhh... coffee!!:tongue:) ordering scene by mbc: hahaaa...:D

Poke @stargazer187 heee.. for a moment itz some comedy drama... haaahaaa... oh yess.. i do hope the cool looking step bro is not a baddie :grimace:

50 minutes ago, valentvcd said:

The dad had death sentence why is he still alive? just looking at him can make us scare.Don't make him out of jail :fearful:

We still don't know he really feel sorry or just asked for sympathy.

Mmmmm... We need @zagigirl and @Lmangla to do an analysis on this ..heh heh heh...

:glasses:

Poke @pad-hari aw man the blogger scolds Richard Simmons too - sounds like a Soompi member ..heee... (ah wait not u ya?):blink:

27 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

It's me...      I know...

Who is dat 'me'? I dont know... ahh.. *ok ok.....i hope itz.. me ! Me!*

(Juz pulling yr leg :glasses:)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I'll be sticking by this drama :) 

I wonder what's going to happen with the Dad and the other son, it's crazy creepy. It reminds me of "I hear your voice" in some ways, and another drama which I've forgotten the title of. The guitar bgm piece although simple and without vocals, sounds amazing as well. 

3 hours ago, valentvcd said:

I just hope Na Moo's step brother doesn't become next serial killer  :grimace:

Yeah he's got so much pain from being left behind I hope he doesn't go off track, copy and idolise his father. 

My pretty scared for the safety of pretty much all female leads in this drama at this point: The mother, sister, female lead, the female police trainee.

Might I also point out that reporter was really annoying, doesn't she understand that her ambitions will scar and harm all the victims even further. 

kekeke..... love that even in a melo, we are having fun and giggling! hahahaha... love it! :heart:

haven't watched the ep yet but just wanted to comment regarding the book writing by the psycho dad (tags are showing up in the end. soompi is so weird with me at times).... so there is some real life precedence for that which is horrendous.

cant remember the actor's name -- he was weird and I didn't like his acting -- but I do remember there was an english movie or drama about this writer that started the true crime genre writing. this was in the 50s and there was this family that got killed and they were in a farm (so similar in the drama that the setting was isolated) and it was a small town that used to be very peaceful. anyway the killers got caught and this writer himself was a weirdo and so he went to visit these criminals in jail, became their friend and got the scoop on what happened and wrote a book. people were horrified but the book (which had a very tabloid feel) also sold well :o ... but the true crime genre continues to exist. depending on the writer, it can be more like a news story or it can be very tabloid -- really depends on the intent and honour of the writer and the attitude towards the victims...

a more recent case that was in the news was of OJ Simpson. he was accused of killing his wife but got off on lack of evidence. he wrote a book saying "If I did it" and gave details. people were so angry and the family went to court. the publisher backtracked and removed it and it all fell flat...

so when you have people without honour, there will be publishers who will take it up as it is all about money for them and there are people who will buy the book fueling the money. but there are also publishers who want it to be more news story like and to preserve honour of victims and so work towards that.. so all depends on one's honour.    @sandjh @stargazer187 @Latte_Anyday

:lol: BTS for the vlive by mbc:

Poke @Lmangla -> spotted yr fav "jeans model":

4nRxCMh.jpg

(Ok ok juz teasing u.. dun throw his book at me ok? Ok)

:glasses:

Yess to Bromance:wub:

Cr mbc:

6LlyrK6.jpg

:)Stills update:

She is covered with his uniform top:wub: at the hospital ...bed scene:tongue:

iMSchDz.jpg

This for the shippers hahaaa

Cr mbc

Translation of character descriptions from the official MBC website. (Part 3)

People around Do Jin

Yoon Hyun Moo: Yoon Hee-jae's older son, Namu’s half (older) brother / 30 years old / with 7 previous criminal convictions

After her mother abandoned him when he was two years old, Namu’s mother raised him soon after.  But after finding out that she’s not his biological mother,  he soon fell wayward at a young age. Everyone, including his father, likes Namu better than him even though Namu is just a weakling who’s nothing like his father. He wished Chae Ok Hee could become his mother. Even though she was rough with her words, she was kind. Even Chae Ok Hee treated Namu as if she’s her son. So Jin, the only person he liked would only take the hands of Namu.  He was never really loved by anyone and thus the lack of affection and inferiority was transformed into a hate towards humans. The sense of loss and weakness was manifested in violence toward others.

Chae Ok Hee: Yoon Hee-jae's fourth wife, the stepmother of the Namu and the biological mother of So Jin / 50 years old

After losing her first husband who was So Jin’s biological father to lung cancer, she worked hard.  She had a strong will to make ends meet but needed a place to lean on, and So Jin needed a father. She started living with Yoon Hee Jae after falling to his lies. He was smooth with words and most importantly, he seemed to like So Jin. Thus, she suddnenly became a mother of his two children. Unlike her original intention, who was not willing to give affection, Namu stayed in her heart even though she tried to ignore him.  Even though she didn’t give birth to him, she kept on thinking Namu could be her son and So Jin’s older brother.

Chae So Jin: Namu’s step (younger) sister / 21 years old / Hair salon assistant

She became an assistant at a hair salon in Cheongdam-dong Seoul, a place she only dreamed about. As an assistant to hair stylist who styles celebrity’s hair, she reunited with Jae Yi. When Jae Yi was Nak Won, she really liked Nak Won since she was pretty and kind. But since her older brother and Jae Yi has something going on between the two, she really feels sorry for the two and at the same time jealous since it feels like Jae Yi is taking her older brother away from her. So after intentionally ruining Jae Yi’s hair, she gets in trouble from the hair stylists too. She’s cheerful and cute but also speaks in dialect and foul language. Thus, she’s popular with men too.     

Lee Yeon Ji: Do Jin’s junior at Police University / 26 years old / Police lieutenant of Gangnam police station

She’s the youngest from a peaceful middle-class family and received lots of affection from her older brother and sister. So maybe that’s the reason that when she first entered the Police University after hearing her friend say that, "That senior, I heard that he’s Yoon Hee-jae's son," that piqued her interest in him. He, who was the center of gossip, had such a bright smile and was kind to everyone and seemed more righteous than anyone. The more she watched him in secret, her feelings for him grew. Without even being able to guess, the painful love he is in, the painful hurt he’s hiding.

Kim Jong Hyun: Friend of Dojin / 27 years old / Police lieutenant of Gangnam police station

He already knew. That Do Jin is a child of serial killer Yoon Hee-jae. Since rumors about Do Jin quietly spread on the campus since he entered the university. He thought Dojin was putting on an act when Do Jin used a dialect, easy going, and volunteered to do the hard jobs. However, the more he watched from side, as the days passed by, Do Jin really was a good guy.  So that the good guy can just keep on living as a good guy, he thinks he wants to watch out for Do Jin from his side.

Ep. 7.

Omy i have to post this:

Uri hottie stops the reporter's car with his bare hands... is he ... alien from the stars?

*dum dum dum*

eCgLAFl.jpg

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke..... love that even in a melo, we are having fun and giggling! hahahaha... love it! :heart:

haven't watched the ep yet but just wanted to comment regarding the book writing by the psycho dad (tags are showing up in the end. soompi is so weird with me at times).... so there is some real life precedence for that which is horrendous.

cant remember the actor's name -- he was weird and I didn't like his acting -- but I do remember there was an english movie or drama about this writer that started the true crime genre writing. this was in the 50s and there was this family that got killed and they were in a farm (so similar in the drama that the setting was isolated) and it was a small town that used to be very peaceful. anyway the killers got caught and this writer himself was a weirdo and so he went to visit these criminals in jail, became their friend and got the scoop on what happened and wrote a book. people were horrified but the book (which had a very tabloid feel) also sold well :o ... but the true crime genre continues to exist. depending on the writer, it can be more like a news story or it can be very tabloid -- really depends on the intent and honour of the writer and the attitude towards the victims...

a more recent case that was in the news was of OJ Simpson. he was accused of killing his wife but got off on lack of evidence. he wrote a book saying "If I did it" and gave details. people were so angry and the family went to court. the publisher backtracked and removed it and it all fell flat...

so when you have people without honour, there will be publishers who will take it up as it is all about money for them and there are people who will buy the book fueling the money. but there are also publishers who want it to be more news story like and to preserve honour of victims and so work towards that.. so all depends on one's honour.    @sandjh @stargazer187 @Latte_Anyday

Is the book you are referring to called “In Cold Blood”? By Truman Capote? This is about the murder of a family in the state of Kansas in the US in 1959. It was made into a movie starring Robert Blake, and he was absolutely horrifying in his role. 

Anyway, I am really enjoying this drama. Great acting!!!

@kasjady

Yea I was goin' to say just that! It reminds me to "I Hear Your Voice" (LOVED that drama btw) & I note some have compared "Come & Hug Me" to "Missing You" I think? 

@supergal99

Does that mean I'm your fave person 'cause you like drinkin' Latte?:tongue: heh. I'm kidding but seriously you put sugar?:huh: Yikes. I mean it depends on how it's made. Excuse me while I get my caffeine fixB)

@Lmangla

Yea I get it. It's mostly for profit, very rarely it's for noble purposes. It's the same with the late Princess Diana when she co-wrote her autobiography with the author. She was just so lonely & desperate for an outlet and the author offered it. 

5 minutes ago, chardonnay said:

Is the book you are referring to called “In Cold Blood”? By Truman Capote? This is about the murder of a family in the state of Kansas in the US in 1959. It was made into a movie starring Robert Blake, and he was absolutely horrifying in his role. 

Anyway, I am really enjoying this drama. Great acting!!!

yea that was the book. am not sure of the name of the movie or the actor and the movie was about how the book was written and was about the author himself. found the movie very aggravating and weird and so I switched the channel as I was getting angry while watching. but I was aware that this was the book that was attributed to starting the whole true crime genre....

but not all true crime genre books or shows are exploitative and it all depends on the honour of the writer. remember reading about one author (can't remember her name) who is well known for uncovering and reporting especially about crimes in the mafia. she is so sensitive to justice and needs of victims families that many reach out to her as an investigator and she even works with police as she has great contacts.. for her, the books were a way to pay the bills and do the investigation work but her sense of justice was why she works in that space...

there are also lots of true crime documentaries and depending on the PD, it can have very different feels. there is a local show that focuses on true crimes of all sorts (every episode has a recreation of a case) but the intent is to inform us of our country's laws and also make us aware of the kind of scams and crimes that happen so we don't fall prey to such people. at end of each episode, the host will mention what is the legal process and how we citizens can respond if something happened.... I mention this because when it comes to true crimes like in this drama, it can seem like all reporting or writing is usually of a more exploitative nature where there is no concern for victims or their families but that is not always the case. it all depends on the honour of the writer/reporter/PD/station....

23 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

@supergal99 is that the cliff hanger continuation of yesterday episode? She ran away from the reporters and he helped her.

Aww.. they're having a flashback of their first meeting. R you watching it live? Ah.. I have to wait for next morning. Will off to watch suits while waiting to fall asleep. 

Ops.... this is beginning:

** EDIT: 

Flashback to court scene - deja vu

Reporters vs our NW

PZTVQnI.jpg

Our poor gal fainted n had nitemare of that fateful nite

:blink: continue

Spoiler

This is the one he stopped the reporters:

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Does that mean I'm your fave person 'cause you like drinkin' Latte?:tongue: heh. I'm kidding but seriously you put sugar?:huh: Yikes. I mean it depends on how it's made. Excuse me while I get my caffeine fixB)

Haha... yess.. - the sugar part..hahaaa... i cant take melo  i mean bitterness wawawaaa

Ps.. joke with me !! And u will be my fav ...latte anyday...heee

tell me what is the intensity of romance in this show? will pick up only then..

like the intense stares, hot kisses, just that hot scorching palpable chemistry between leads..

:) is any of it there yet.. o rpotential for it..

(aka of the recent crop of dramas.. i guess.. love so beautiful was good, JBL had it.. understated but it was there, .. none of the other popular ones that i can think of right now... oh wait the STARES from radio roamnce.)

19 minutes ago, merlnpau said:

Another great star in the making, I guess, in Jang Ki Yong! Loving the series so far... and gosh, he can also sing! Wow!

Check out this cute mp4

Cr mbc

**EdIT:  This is the ending scene:

Cto

Ops! @stargazer187 juz saw yr post haaahaaa...  mmm i think u may be right about the last part of the preview - omo tears flowing plus the 'flying hug' wow...!!

Poke @stargazer187 come come some uniform pics to ogle at for sweet dreams later hahaaaa...

aJiI897.jpg

Judo robe too

IdyKmy8.jpg

Oh i think this pretty petite officer will pose a problem - she starts to get a little touchy ... uh oh... uri hottie has to shoo her hand off... :grimace: when she pulls his hand.

Oh i juz skimmed thru @itgirl's post. Omy comfirmed about :wacko:The junior officer:

Quote fr her post:

"The more she watched him in secret, her feelings for him grew. Without even being able to guess, the painful love he is in, the painful hurt he’s hiding."

Oh and NW's step bro was glaring hard at uri NM during those flashbacks. I think he is also another problem hahaaaa..

Uh oh too much spoilers *dum~~*

Hahaa @stargazer187 no need zzz -> go watch Suits heee

Archived