[Drama 2018] Come Here and Hug Me, 이리와 안아줘

DreamCatcher2011

Translation of  character descriptions from the official MBC website. (Part 2)

Gil Moowon

Nakwon’s stepbrother / 30 years old / Prosecutor

He is cold and charismatic while doing his job but he adores his younger sister so much that his investigator would call him “fool for his sister”.  But in reality, he was adopted by Gil Sungshik, a civil rights attorney, and got a new last name. Thus, he’s not related to Nakwon by blood. After losing his parents when he was 12 years old, the pain and its reverberations that seemed like it will never go away was subdued with warmth of Nakwon and his step parents.

Just for being able to hide the box deep in his heart, Moowon pledged to pay back his affection to them for the rest of his life. So after losing both step parents in such a tragic manner, Moowon worried more about how it had hurt Nakwon than how it had hurt himself. Even though relatives gave him dirty looks accusing him of having his eye on the inheritance, he stayed as a stepbrother because of Nakwon.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a joke! The Monster wrote a book ffs!

And the end scene where Na-Moo comes to Nak-Won's rescue was *sighs dreamily* so swoon worthy... Those pesky paparazzi are like a nest of vipers urgh! I think the girl who sparred with Na-Moo during Judo practice has a crush on him aish tsk. She better not tear our OTP apart, although there's the fear that Na-Moo might pick after his Monster Dad (I hope NOT) Also if and when should the Monster does get out of prison, he'd never leave our OTP alone either.

I'm not used to the way it is in K-Dramas where brothers shower affection toward their sisters LMFAo! On one hand, I'm envious 'cause no way I have that relationship with my siblings! At the same time...don't think I'm comfortable having that kind of closeness either LoL.

31 minutes ago, triplem said:

So excited just reading you all. Hv to watch this later after work. I think ratings has risen slightly 

Yes, it's risen slightly! Ratings are increasing slowly but steadily every episode which means word of mouth must be good. Hope it can continue the upward trend! :D

15 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@supergal99 ooohhh spoilersss... but I can't hold myself... hahaha

Reveal hidden contents

The bgm in this clip, I notice the song from a red velvet if I'm not mistaken, it's been used in jibsabu ep 12 (YSJ's breakdance) hahaha... I like this song. 

Wait 'the girl falls oopa catcha' trope is for the cliff hanger?? Nooo.. so I have to wait for Thursday ep to see the continuation of it???  Ah.. this is what I've been waiting for week, huh. 

And this inst. Ost... I hope they'll release this song later. I love the song. 

Reveal hidden contents

Hahaha  @stargazer187  yessss.. the song is sooo cute - i was caught surprised by Jae-yi's "sh**" ops! I agree with u the BGM used for the hug is very nice! Oh wondering when will they release the OSTs ?

Ps. Uniform hottie is 1.87m tall - he models (and can rap too).

omy u guys have watched the subbed already? Oh i hvnt got time grrrr...

There's a BTS on the last scene:

(Screenshot)

zdUOmIy.jpg

Super lucky gal!! Me wan to be inside the pic hahaaa...

The guys were shouting Jin Ki Joo~~... making her shy shy...

Hahaa. I was thinking after reading @itgirl description about Jae-yi's step-bro, @Latte_Anyday should feel 'better' about his overly concern for her sis - 

Quote :

10 hours ago, itgirl said:

Moowon pledged to pay back his affection to them for the rest of his life. So after losing both step parents in such a tragic manner, Moowon worried more about how it had hurt Nakwon than how it had hurt himself. Even though relatives gave him dirty looks accusing him of having his eye on the inheritance, he stayed as a stepbrother because of Nakwon.

(Omy i see "latte" ... now i gotta grab some coffee heee)

Cto mbc:

bWx2kS7.jpg

7 hours ago, raziela said:

Yes, it's risen slightly! Ratings are increasing slowly but steadily every episode which means word of mouth must be good. Hope it can continue the upward trend! :D

Ahh... considering both are quite new actors plus first time leads - ratings r decent ya?

:grimace:

tumblr_p8ficjMq1n1t8gzeto2_1280.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu4C553UBxYc2bbtGp1YIcome-and-hug-me-ep-1-with-eng-su.jpg

Among all the noise, sirens and commotion there NM sat in that darkness.   Sitting there as if his mind, body and soul were crippled cold and in the snow under that old tree.    Lost within himself and sitting there all alone.   Then I see NW slowly getting out of the car and at first the view gives you this feeling while looking at her face flushed with tears and her sweater stained with blood.  What is it that she is feeling and wondering what are her feelings even towards NM...

In not knowing what all happened just yet  I found myself so relieved when she stepped towards him and seemed to take all of her view of him into all of herself.  She paused as if to take a breath most likely still in so much shock.  Her looking down and him looking up.  It's as if they were speaking yet no words were being said...

She moves in and kneels down and wraps her small arms quickly around his neck and hides her head on his shoulder as they cry and there is this sense of understanding and for some reason my attention turned to a thin blue ribbon within her hair still tied so perfectly in a bow. As if it was the only thing unchanged and untouched.  For around it were the splattered stains of blood on them and on their clothes.  She gently places her hand over his and his arm still looking so intensely at him.  I wondered to myself of all the fear he would have had to face and not just then but a lifetime of fear...

NW gave NM a whole new view of himself, she allowed him to believe and see himself through her eyes and even more she gave him someone to love enough to finally stand up protect and show that he truly is different...

Spoiler

tumblr_p8go5iErOi1uijdt1o5_500.gif

9 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

The bgm in this clip, I notice the song from a red velvet if I'm not mistaken, it's been used in jibsabu ep 12 (YSJ's breakdance) hahaha... I like this song. 

the bgm in this clip is EXID'S UP AND DOWN and not red velvet's

Nice episode.  I liked it so much and the ratings have also risen.  fighting!!!!

Spoiler

Nak wons's step brother is kinda suspicious.  I think, its just my guess.  There may be a twist in Nak wons's parents murder and it may be not Na Moo's dad but him.

I finished watching My Ahjusshi yesterday.  What a contrast of character JKY in that drama compared to this drama.  He can act.  Well done!!!!!

More hugs please.  I like the female lead so very much.

24 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

I like the female lead so very much

She is sooo adorable n lovely in this role. Did u catch her in 'misty' ? *dum dum dum* (totally different)

Cr soompi:

Jin Ki Joo Suffers From PTSD In Front Of Reporters In “Come And Hug Me”

Jin-Ki-Joo3.jpg
MBC’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Come and Hug Me” released preview stills of Jin Ki Joo being affected by her post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in front of nosy reporters who are surrounding her.

See Also: Jin Ki Joo Talks About How Her Dad Initially Opposed Her Choice To Become An Actress

In one of the released stills, Jin Ki Joo is smiling brightly at the reporters, but in another photo, she is sitting on the floor with a gloomy, confused expression on her face. Her character Han Jae Yi suffers from PTSD because she lost her parents to a psychopath when she was little. Due to that, she changed her name as well. However, the reporters find out her true identity and attempt to interview her about her past.

Jin-Ki-Joo21.jpgJin-Ki-Joo31.jpg

The viewers are curious if she’ll be able to overcome the current predicament she is in.

Episodes five and six will air on May 23 at 10 p.m. KST.

Catch up to the latest episode below!

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/22/jin-ki-joo-suffers-ptsd-front-reporters-come-hug/

New stills. JKJ is so pretty

z1JolxU.jpg

@supergal99 Yup, the main reason i left that drama in the middle is becoz of her annoying second female lead character.  what a transformation???? the same goes to JKY.  his character is such a badass in My ahjusshi but here wow!!!!! Hope the ratings increase more. 

@stargazer187

I agree no to love triangles please! There's too much going on already:rolleyes: I think you're getting ahead of yourself LoL. That girl seemed to be a perfectionist? She just wanted to ace her training/test etc. Or she simply wanted good results? And it just so happen a really hot guy (Na-Moo) was within her reach:D Jang Ki-Yong is a model like Kim Woo-Bin, Ahn Jae-Hyun, Lee Soo-Hyuk so they must be over 6ft I guess? 

@supergal99

That's so random!:lol: I'd never thought my ID could push someone to get coffee:D but good for you?:wink:

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

New stills. JKJ is so pretty

@supergal99 Yup, the main reason i left that drama in the middle is becoz of her annoying second female lead character.  what a transformation???? the same goes to JKY.  his character is such a badass in My ahjusshi but here wow!!!!! Hope the ratings increase more. 

Wow.. her acting is too good that u left the drama halfway...hahaaa... oh over  here she will get to stretch her acting abit since she has to switch between the bubbly character and the panicky one...:grimace:

Ahh.. dat Ahjusshi drama i have yet to start.. oh need to find time to watch our hottie there :blink:.

52 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Wowowow... very tall. Well, no wonder ya. Even the tall JKJ is still looking so tiny with him. They're like coming out of manhwa. Love their height. And love that slow-mo falling scene. 

I wish that girl is me. Mwahahahaha.

Aw man.. u notice his long legs in that uniform pic u said u liked??  Heeee..

Come come .. daydream time

FhmwYk9.jpg

(Since itz daytime for us...hahaaa)

47 minutes ago, valentvcd said:

I just hope Na Moo's step brother doesn't become next serial killer  :grimace:

Gosh.. i have not seen the subs but he is studying to be a lawyer or ?? I dont see him as a bad character coz he ... -> looks cute too hahaaa...

@valentvcd

EdIT : ops ops sorray! Wrong brother !!

Heee... i really need coffee!

44 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@supergal99

That's so random!:lol: I'd never thought my ID could push someone to get coffee:D but good for you?:wink:

Uh huh.. everytime i see yr ID is like seeing my fav Latte heee... milky n sweet (i put sugar in it)

(Aw man .. but itz soooo expensive to get Latte everyday)

:glasses: *last cup... last cup*

Just finished watching eps 5&6.

I don’t know about you guys but I found the part where NM had to part with his stepsister and stepmom so sad. Cried heaps.

Also, loved the part where stepmom was so fiercely protective on NM. 

Arghhh !! Can’t wait for tonight’s episodes!!

@stargazer187

38 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

agreed. NW didn't blame NM for what has happened. She even hugged her in relieved. The flashback makes me even curious what was really happened to them.

It's on my mind too...  Something else continues to bother me and that's NW's step brother.  It's something he said in fact I need to go back and rewatch just the part when he was in the hallway at school protecting the boy who was on the ground from NM's brother.

This is it...:ph34r:

MW confronts HM in asking him these questions that still kind of haunt me for some reason....

" Have you killed someone before?  Do you know what it means... For someone to die because of you? 

No matter what you do with your life from now on, there's nothing as disgusting as that."

What happened 6 years ago in MW's family what was the incident?:huh:

As creepy as it sounds he just has an odd feel to him and when he was asking those questions to HM it was almost as if he knew the answers personally himself... Does MW blame himself for what happened back then?

17 minutes ago, konayuki-chan said:

Just finished watching eps 5&6.

I don’t know about you guys but I found the part where NM had to part with his stepsister and stepmom so sad. Cried heaps.

Also, loved the part where stepmom was so fiercely protective on NM. 

Arghhh !! Can’t wait for tonight’s episodes!!

The scene that @USAFarmgirlwrote (like novel hahaaa...) makes me cry last nite when i watched live  wawaaaa... (super melo)

Cto

*clap clap for their acting - so talented)

wow last past...so much feels :o

usually i don't mind love triangles and what not...but i feel if we have one here, it wouldn't suit and just feel like a filler esp if the two are the otp

& wow the dad at writing a book....he's not one bit sorry for his actions hes just good at using situations at to his advantage

hottie's gif.  *nose bleed*

ydxqyh4.gif

cr:dc

LITE INTENSITY

screenshot-444-e1527092917766.png?w=620

I’m impressed by Jang Ki Yong’s ability to exude palatable intensity without coming off as trying too hard. This is my first time watching him in a drama, and there is a nice depth to his acting and eye expression and he naturally simmers with a very clean, comfortable intensity that hits the emotional notes without much effort. I love it and I like watching him in Come Here And Hug Me. The way he stares at Jin Ki Joo in the clip below is swoony, not because of the scene itself, but the subtle way he is emoting Do Jin’s turbulent feelings with his eyes and lips. I’m not feeling much from, and about Jin Ki Joo. I think she did better in Misty as a flippant, richard simmons, ambitious anchorwoman. Jang Ki Yong is the one delivering all the right feels for me right now.

Damn. The background music is lovely.

for more, the blog link: https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/05/23/lite-intensity/

Archived