[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 34 recap. 

Spoiler

BQ and Zhu Shou continue their journey and enter the sand desert.  The have a stopover at an inn where Zhu Shou is familiar with the female innkeeper, having visited previously.  That night, however, DFS arrives at the same inn (after having split paths with his sidekick in order to broaden their search area).  He shows the innkeeper the drawings of BQ and ZS, and although the innkeeper recognizes them, she tells him that she hasn't seen them.  She then shows him to a room.  Afterwards, she goes to visit ZS and tells him that there is somebody who looks very wealthy looking for them.  The hint is obvious and so for every information provided, ZS must provide her with a bribe.  After she conveys the information and ZS realizes it must be DFS, he wakes up BQ and asks the innkeeper to help them escape by using the underground tunnel that he knows exists.  The innkeeper helps them escape, but after they leave, she tells her man to let the next innkeeper know that some fat lambs are on their way.  I guess the innkeeper previously lost a lot of money to ZS when she gambled against him in the past, and now she's determined to win back their innings.

Having had their sleep interrupted the night before and traveling through the hot desert, BQ is exhausted by the time they reach the next inn and goes directly to bed, refusing to even wake up for lunch.  As ZS orders lunch and waits for it to be prepared, he notices that the inn is oddly silent with no other guests but him and BQ.  Smart man!  He realizes something is up and goes to wake up BQ.  At the same time the second innkeeper realizes ZS has figured things out, so he tries to break down their door.  ZS forces BQ to leave without him and stays behind to give her some lead.  He ends up throwing money at the second innkeeper and his band of baddies.  It's a novel way to use money as a weapon.  :P  After a while he uses his wits and manages to prevent the innkeeper from killing him by convincing them to let him write a letter back to his family for money.  It's during this time that DFS arrives with the first innkeeper.  He'd gained her cooperation by ripping off her fingernail - ow!  And by the time they arrive at the second inn, it's clear to all he's not here to play.  Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for ZS, ZS managed to run away during the confusion of DFS's arrival.  

After gaining the second innkeeper's cooperation as well (he gets a fresh horse to ride), DFS heads into the desert where he finds BQ.  She asks him to help her by handling the black-dealing innkeepers and saving ZS.  After playing around with her for a little bit, he finally shares that ZS has already escaped.  Since it was DFS that found her first and not ZS, she figures out that ZS must've traveled in a different direction and will be waiting for her at their next agreed upon spot.  She wants to head out immediately but DFS points out she has no idea where she's going whereas he's at least been here before.  He offers to lead the way and she doesn't have much choice but to accept.  Except after they ride around for a while, they find themselves back in the same spot!  He has to admit he's lost and tells her that once it's night time, he'll be able to find the right direction by following the north star.  In the meantime though, they have greater concerns.  BQ doesn't have any water with her.  Since she left the second inn in a hurry, her food and water were left with ZS.  DFS offers to share his water -- but for a price.  He jacks up the price of the water by a lot, but then offers to give it to her if she just acts cutesy with him.  She declines all offers and cutely tries to find her own source of water by digging up a plant.  She reminds him that she used to be a beggar with Ninth Uncle, so she's quite resourceful.  Even DFS has to admit that she's unique and talented, and so he gives in and shares his water.

They then settle down to sleep and BQ immediately nods off.  He's amazed at how quickly she falls asleep and pats at her wonderingly.  She reacts by lashing out with an arm, and when he asks if she's trying to kill him, she promises that she didn't mean to.  It was just instinct after having been on the road for so many days and always having to be alert.  As she settles back down again, she thinks to herself that actually DFS is not that bad of a person.  Then she reminds herself of how he treated Yun Lang, etc., and tells herself to not be so soft-hearted towards him.  That's when she notices a scorpion on her leg though.  She screams and shakes her leg, and this springs DFS into action as he also stands to kick it away.  He then grabs for her leg and although BQ tries to yank it back, he tells her he has to get the poison out.  So he sucks at the blood and spits it out.... and ends up getting swollen lips for his efforts.  She can't help herself from laughing even as she feels bad that now his lips have been poisoned to an extent by her, but DFS is a good sport about it and plays along, making kissy lips at her, which she swats away.

The last scene we have of them in the desert is them following a snake.  BQ would like to catch it and eat it, but DFS says it's more important to follow the snake as it will lead them to water.  They are seriously stuck in this desert! 

Meanwhile, the Seventh Uncle's right hand man (what was his name) is traveling with his sister?  They discuss how they're trying to find the path to Biluotian but they're also being closely guarded by the Emperor's people.  It's their hope that they can pit the Emperor's people against the Mysterious Man's people, and during that confusion, steal away into Biluotian by themselves.  At the same time the Mysterious Man also receives word that people are getting closer to their area.  He's surprised though to hear that it's the Emperor's people and not the Seventh Prince's people. (Does he not know the Seventh Prince is dead?  Seems odd if he doesn't, as the Mysterious Man seems to always know everything.) 

Anyway, that's it for Episode 34.... now on to Episode 35, which I just know is going to be EXCITING.  :D 

@themarchioness please please please go and watch ep 35 so you can tell us poor souls what is happening! I am DYING waiting for subbed versions. I just know I will love episode 35. 

Can I just gush over how handsome CY is when he smiles? All it takes is for CY to smile at BQ and I'm like, "DFS? DFS who? Who that?" :joy:

I cannot find a gif of CY smiling at BQ so we'll have to settle fo this in the meantime..

tumblr_plzzhlqq8K1qkcxtwo7_250.gif

29 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@themarchioness please please please go and watch ep 35 so you can tell us poor souls what is happening! I am DYING waiting for subbed versions. I just know I will love episode 35. 

Can I just gush over how handsome CY is when he smiles? All it takes is for CY to smile at BQ and I'm like, "DFS? DFS who? Who that?" :joy:

ZOMG!!!!

I just finished watching ep 35 and omgomgomg that was the BEST.  I'm going to start recapping straight away, but I have a feeling it's going to take me some time to post because I'm just going to be gushing all over the place as I write my recap.  Hahaha. 

And I agree with you about CY and his smiles.  They're my favorite.  ZBB is toooooo handsome!  *swoon* 

48 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

ZOMG!!!!

I just finished watching ep 35 and omgomgomg that was the BEST.  I'm going to start recapping straight away, but I have a feeling it's going to take me some time to post because I'm just going to be gushing all over the place as I write my recap.  Hahaha. 

And I agree with you about CY and his smiles.  They're my favorite.  ZBB is toooooo handsome!  *swoon* 

I ❤️ the gif of CY smiling. What a smile.

Ahem!  Episode 35 recap.  :D

Spoiler

Episode picks up with BQ and DFS following the snake in the desert.  As they wait for the snake to make their move, DFS suggests that although they couldn't have been born on the same day, maybe they'll be able to die together on the same day.  BQ's like, "Who wants to die with you?"  Haha.  Then he says that maybe someone will dig their bodies out of the sand together and comment on how they were a pair of mandarin ducks (i.e., a match/affectionate couple).  BQ asks him to stop saying such disgusting things. Haha.  Eventually, the snake moves and leads them to a tree where they find little berries they can eat.  Their excitement is infectious as we see DFS using his sword to shake loose all the berries and BQ gathers them up from the ground.  In the distance, however, we see a sand bandit spying on them.  Uh-oh...

After they spend some time collecting berries, BQ points out they should hurry back to their camping area or else they'll get lost again and lose their belongings, including their horses.  DFS agrees and soon they're back at the campsite where we see BQ shaking some powder around her blanket.  She comments that it's not bad traveling with a skilled doctor like him because he brings things like powders to ward off snakes.  DFS says he's got a lot more positive qualities and if she spends more time with him, she'll discover them.  BQ answers that he has more negative qualities and she's afraid the more time she spends with him, she'll just discover more of those.  He asks her to name a few and she uses his sleeping habits as an example.  She tells him that he snores and farts.  LOL!  He refuses to believe her and she's like, "What?  You're too busy sleeping to know and you think the servant maids around you are going to tell you that?  It's only someone like me who has the heart to tell you the truth."  I love her.  She then adds that she hears snoring is a type of illness, and as a doctor, he should take care to cure himself.  But he says what does it matter if he doesn't cure himself.  After all, like she said, he can't hear it and only the person next to him will experience it -- and that'll be her.  She tells him not to worry because it definitely won't be her, and then rolls over to catch some Zs. 

While BQ sleeps, DFS walks away.  (I presume to use the bathroom.)  At this time the sand bandit steals into their camping area and spikes DFS's water bottle.  Ugh. 

DFS returns and is about to take a drink from his water bottle when BQ starts to stir.  He puts the water bottle back down and watches her sleep, thinking of their past interactions.  He comments to no one but himself that he'd enjoy traveling around like this with her, just the two of them.  But he adds that he knows her heart isn't with him right now.  He says that's okay because he has the confidence to believe that one day she will like him.  After all, where else can she find someone as rich, handsome, and talented as him?  Someone has a very high opinion of himself... Eventually, BQ wakes up and finds him still awake.  She asks him if he didn't sleep because she was afraid she'd run away and he scoffs.  Where would she go in this desert by herself?  He explains he stayed awake to protect her.  Out of gratitude, BQ runs to fetch the water bottle and offers him a sip.  (The sand bandit's still watching from a distance, hoping they'll drink their water.)  He says there's not a lot of water left and offers it to her.  She says it's fine though, as she'll eat the fruit they gathered earlier.  There's some back and forth about the water bottle, but to make a long story short, nobody ends up drinking from it.  Sorry, sand bandit!  :P 

At a certain point DFS complains about the quality of their water.  BQ says who asked him to follow her and says that it's because of him that they had to leave the first inn and run into a black-dealing inn with the second one.  That's when DFS finally clarifies for her that both inns were black-dealing, and that they operated together to take advantage of her and Zhu Shou.  He points out that even if he hadn't followed her, she and Zhu Shou still would've been separated but then, she'd be in the desert by herself.  BQ listens and says, "Oh, so it sounds like I should be thanking you."  He agrees and asks her to feed him some of the fruit.  She tells him to open his mouth, which he does, and then she throws the fruit at him.  As he starts to choke, she tells him to drink some of his water.  But right at that moment, another rider appears in the distance.

IT'S CHEN YU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :wub:

The sand bandit's frustrated to see that another person has joined them.  Haha.

CY is surprised to see BQ and with DFS by her side.  BQ is excited to see CY, but as she would run over to him, DFS steps in front and pushes her back.  When she asks him what he's doing, he tells her that it's weird this stranger is riding around by himself and suspects him to be a sand bandit.  As CY walks over, he reassures them that he's not a sand bandit and the reason he's traveling by himself is because he's actually working to suppress the sand bandits.  BQ pushes DFS aside and asks him how he can be so blind.  She says that this newcomer is dressed well, looks scholarly and handsome, and therefore can't possibly be a sand bandit.  To CY, she says he obviously must be skilled in martial arts if he's working to suppress the sand bandits, and shares that she really likes people like him as it reminds her of LYK.  CY answers humbly and DFS starts to get jealous.  He pulls her aside and says, "Oh, that's the reason why you like LKY?  You should've said so earlier.  I can be a martial arts fighter who saves people."  BQ just ignores him and walks back to CY.  She tells him that if he's working to suppress the sand bandits then he must be familiar with the desert.  She explains her original travel plans (clever, BQ, using this method to explain to him her intentions and how she came to be with DFS) and asks him to help her find her way to Xi Zhou where she can meet up with her family member.  DFS is in disbelief as to how she can trust and utter stranger, but we all know why she is behaving as she is.  :P  She tells DFS that CY is more scholarly looking and handsome than him, and well, you can imagine his reaction. 

Meanwhile, CY listens on with amusement until he finally interrupts their squabbling to say that he can tell the two of them must have been lost in the desert for several days now.  He offers to share his water supply and dry food.  Of course BQ is all for it, but DFS doesn't trust this newcomer.  It's not until CY offers to taste the water/food first that he then allows BQ to partake of the same.  In exchange, DFS shares the fruit from before.  As CY takes a bite, DFS says, "My wife and I plucked them ourselves."  THE LOOK THAT CY SHOOTS AT BQ IS EQUALLY AS AMAZING AS BQ IMMEDIATELY COUGHING UP THE BREAD THAT SHE'S EATING WHEN SHE HEARS WHAT HE SAYS.  LOL!  She asks him, "Who's you're wife?!?!?!"  DFS answers that of course it's her since they have a marriage contract, but BQ reminds him that she's told him a hundred times over that she's going to return the money and so he'd better stop going around telling people that she's his person because she's got nothing to do with him.  DFS says that until she returns the money, she is his future wife.  BQ just slaps at him.  Haha. 

CY has been listening this entire time and finally interrupts them (again).  He tells them it's a good time for them to travel and suggests they chat while they continue on their journey.  BQ agrees, but DFS says there's no need as they can find their own way out of the desert.  He tells CY to go keep fighting the sand bandits.  BQ says DFS may not need CY, but she needs him.  She tells CY that she wants to travel with him as he has water and food, so she'll never starve, unlike with somebody else.  She then tells him that once they reach XI Zhou, she'll be sure to give him a gift of thanks, but he tells her there's no need as it's his pleasure to help someone like her.  At that, DFS asks who dares to take her away from him.  He grabs at BQ, pulling her to his side, and CY reacts by putting out his hand.  The two men end up palm to palm.  DFS pulls away first when he realizes that CY has some martial arts skills.  CY then tells him that it should be up to BQ to decide what she does next.  DFS finally introduces himself and CY returns the introduction by giving a false name.  BQ then steps in to introduce herself as, "Zhu Zhu," and it is so precious how CY responds by smiling at her and asking, "Zhu Zhu?"  She says yes and asks him if it isn't a pretty sounding name, and CY smiles even more broadly.  OH THE SMILES.  DFS, meanwhile, looks on in disgust and announces that the three of them will leave together. 

After traveling for a while, BQ starts to nod off again.  Apparently she can't get used to the desert heat and always falls asleep midday only to lie awake at night.  Because of her condition, they agree to break for the day. 

That night, around the campfire, BQ goes to sit next to CY.  She asks him to share some of his chivalrous stories and tells him that she's always loved listening to those kinds of stories.  CY agrees and says, "Then, I'll tell you a story about how several years ago..." and then he's interrupted by DFS who comes over and offers fruit to BQ.  She tells him that she doesn't want to eat right now and turns back to CY.  He says, "One year, I was in Xi Zhou Fu, and there was a little beggar."  AWWWWWW.  But that's when DFS pushes them apart and sits in between them.  When BQ asks him what he's doing he says obviously, he's trying to keep his wife from flirting with this other man.  Just as she's about to interrupt him, he tells her to not even think about saying that she's going to return the money and reminds her that for the time being she is his future wife.  You can tell CY's irritated as he listens from behind and BQ responds by turning away from them both.  At this moment, we see DFS sprinkle powder around the blanket that CY is sitting on.  At the same time he warns CY away from BQ.  He also shares that since he has powder that will drive away snakes, he obviously has powder that lures snakes, and if CY does anything that makes him unhappy, he'll use the other kind of powder and so CY shouldn't blame him for not warning him.  CY's not one to take things sitting down though and gets his own word in.  This has BQ responding favorably towards CY once more. 

DFS asks CY if he's determined to be his opponent.  CY observes that he and BQ have only known each other for a few hours, so how she feels about him has got nothing to do with him.  He encourages DFS to just give up already lest he be disappointed in the end.  DFS says the only reason she's being nice to CY is to richard simmons him off and asks him if he thinks she really is interested in him.  BQ asks him how he doesn't know that maybe she really is interested in him.  This is when she runs over to offer her fruit to CY and tells him that if she knew she'd run into him, then she would've caught that snake from earlier in the day to cook it.  She muses over how it's been so many days since she's eaten meat, almost to the point of forgetting its flavor.  CY responds by telling her that she reminds him of his wife, who would even eat a mouse when hungry.  He comments that he was so surprised when he first heard of this that he once stole into someone else's kitchen to fetch her a chicken drumstick.  BQ laughs and says his wife is amazing and CY agrees.  This conversation couldn't be more cuter as we know, just as they know, exactly what they'r etalking about.  But for DFS, all he hears is that CY has a wife.  He asks CY why he didn't say so earlier.  He wonders if they're on bad terms or if he was omitting that fact on purpose.  He suggests that CY is a philanderer.  CY, on the other hand, responds that it's just a bit of a family matter and besides, DFS never asked.  AND THEN HE SAYS (THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE SWEETEST, ESPECIALLY AS HE'S LOOKING DIRECTLY AT BQ WHEN HE SAYS IT): My wife and I have gone through a lot together.  Even though we haven't been able to meet often and spend a lot of time apart, I spend my nights worrying about her.  She is forever my true love and that'll never change in this lifetime.  *sighs*  BQ responds that "she" is really fortunate to be his wife.  And CY says that she's had to live a life of hardship, so he naturally has to treat her better and he hates himself for not having met her earlier otherwise he would've been able to help minimize the hardships that she had to go through.  BQ points out that so long as "she" could meet him, that's not too late.  And by this point, DFS can take it no longer.  He gets up and goes to feel BQ's forehead, suggesting that she might have a fever.  Haha.

After DFS drags her aside, he once more tries to convince her to be with him instead.  And as this recap is getting looooong, I'll just leave it at that.  You get the point by now anyway. BQ responds by telling him that he should just leave and be on his way, as she can get by with the help of CY.  DFS says she won't be safe though and says if she wants him to leave, he'll do so after he's delivered her safely to her destination.  BQ once again tells him not to bother, as she believes CY to be as honorable as LYK.  That's when DFS confesses that he won't let her go because he knows if he doesn't keep her close, then he may really lose out on her.  So he's not going to give up.  At that, it's CY turns to interrupt them as he offers BQ some water.  LOL.

DFS suggests they just turn in for the night and continue their travels on the morrow.  He takes his blanket and sets it far apart from the two of them.  CY brings BQ to where they were sitting before, except he notices that his blanket is scattered with powder.  He points this out to BQ who immediately understands.  She begs DFS to switch blankets with her and then gives DFS CY's blanket instead.  As DFS settles in to sleep, CY and BQ sit down and pretend to continue their conversation of when he was previously in Xi Zhou.  CY then whispers to BQ that he's stolen some knock out drug from the sand bandits and that when she gets a chance, she should use it on DFS.  Not too long after, tons of snakes start to swarm around DFS.  He wakes up quickly and disposes of them, and that's when he realizes BQ tricked him by giving him CY's blanket.  CY just responds that he was trying to be nice and give DFS the thicker blanket.  He could hardly have known that DFS would have resorted to trickery by sprinkling such evil powder on his blanket.  Haha.

After this interlude, CY tells BQ that they should also go to bed since they have a long road ahead of them the next day.  She agrees and starts to pull her blanket a little bit farther from the pile of dead snakes. But DFS just grabs at the blanket saying that it's his.  He's not wrong... since he and BQ had switched their blankets earlier... but that's fine because BQ then suggests that she and CY can share his blanket.  Hahahaha.  And CY is only too happy to agree!  ;)  DFS is irritated watching them cozy up on one blanket together, and that's when he gets the idea to roast some of the dead snakes.  He knows how BQ loves her meat!  Sure enough, he waves a kebob over her sleeping face and she wakes up wondering if she's now even dreaming about meat.  Before she can taste it though, CY grabs the kebab and says he'll eat it.  He takes a tiny bite and then says it tastes horrible and throws it into the sand (the look of disappointment on BQ's face, LOL!).  He tells BQ that they have better food at a certain restaurant in Dong Ping Jun and that should she visit, he'll be sure to treat her to a meal.  BQ immediately agrees and says that after she's found her family member, they'll travel next to Dong Ping Jun.  After they all go back to sleep, there's this cute little bit where BQ still wants to eat the snake kebabs but CY won't let her get up.  He pushes her head back down and when she holds up two fingers, and then one, he puts each finger down until finally she just gnaws on one of her fingers instead.  Cuuuuuuuute.

The next day, they finally make it out of the desert and find a stream.  BQ is overjoyed at the sight of all that water and immediately wants to take a bath.  After she drinks her fill and then men refill their water bottles, she tries to send the men away but they're concerned for her safety.  This time they're both in agreement as they recommend she wait until they've reached their destination.  But BQ says she feels smelly and now that there's water nearby she can't go any further before taking a bath. She insists they just go stand a little ways away and cover their eyes, and so they do.  Except instead of taking a bath, she pours that sleeping powder into DFS's water bottle.

Around this time, another person appears in the distance.  The men can hear the person approaching so they take off their blindfolds and call out to BQ to get dressed.  (But she was never undressed; ha!)  The other person turns out to be Liu Qing Wu.  Sigh.  And she purposely stumbles off her horse when she arrives and greets CY happily, saying that she finally found him.  He's all frustrated because he told her to stay put, but she gives this sob story about how she was worried about him and felt that she knew the sand desert better than him, she was determined to find him and help him, except she forgot about her injured state and now that she's been roaming around for several days, she's taken a turn for the worse.  CY asks her if she has his medicine, and she says she does.  There's a lot going on in this scene and one of those things is that, based on the way QW calls CY, "Zhang Qin," he realizes that CY lied about his real identity earlier.  He also wonders if QW is the "wife" that he was talking about the day before, but CY quickly denies that.  BQ is also getting to witness CY and QW in action, and you can tell CY is uncomfortable.  QW is being all handsy and CY keeps trying to brush her off, even reminding her on at least two occasions that they're just friends and nothing more.  BQ basically responds to all this by flirting with DFS and calling him her husband in front of CY and QW.  That doesn't make CY very happy.  Finally, QW is finally seeing BQ who she thought was dead.  She remarks on BQ's resemblance to someone she once knew before, but BQ responds by asking if QW has ever traveled to Suzhou as that's where she was raised. 

The episode ends with QW acting all weak again and asking CY if he'll support her.  BQ sees this and starts acting all lovey dovey with DFS.  CY tries to get BQ's attention and when she doesn't respond, has to use a louder voice to call her name.  When she finally responds, he asks her to take QW to the riverbank to help her with her injury.  BQ pushes DFS aside and says, "Of course it's not a problem!"  QW on the other hand is clearly not happy by this turn events, and as BQ helps her walk away, that's where the episode ends.

Can't say I'm thrilled by QW joining them, because I just know she's going to stir up trouble, but I can't deny either that her presence definitely adds an interesting element.  :P 

Phew.  Finally done!  I think this may be my longest recap ever.  Haha. 

4 hours ago, luna2nd said:

Lol I guess I  just don't see  the 'endearing' ways that DFS shows his love toward BQ as being 'endearing'.  

Welllll, I never said he was endearing!  :P  I said he looks out for her, and it's true.  He is very protective of BQ.  And especially when CY is not around, that's actually a good thing.  As an example, when she ran into problems with those two sand desert inn keepers, I  actually hoped DFS would catch up to them because I knew he'd be able to save them if he did - which is exactly what happened.  So, in that respect, he's useful to keep around.  ;) 

But, one thing I noticed, is that DFS has a much more ruthless instinct.  Like, was it necessary to rip out fingernails to get his way?  Yow!  CY, on the other hand . . . well, I'm reminded of one of the first conversations he had with BQ, when he was operating as LYK.  She asked him why he hadn't killed the bandits that were causing trouble and he explained that although death was sometimes unavoidable, he preferred to just knock them out when he could. 

Another thing that stuck out at me in today's episodes, in the scene where DFS and BQ were traveling around the desert, he kept whipping at his horse to move faster until the horse whinnied.  When I saw that, I wondered if it was necessary?  By contrast, when the two of them were traveling with CY, and he was leading the way, he made similar noises to urge on his horse, but he never whipped his horse. 

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this... it's late and I'm half brain dead from recapping Ep 35, but I think what I'm trying to say is that I'm not always comfortable watching DFS.  I think he has a similar end point to CY, which is to keep BQ safe, but their methods for that process are vastly different.  And it's those differences that, in my opinion, make CY the better man.  Nevertheless, I do acknowledge that even when DFS is being a pest (or behaving ruthlessly), he is often coming from a protective place, and it's because of that that he no longer drives me as nutty as he did in the beginning when I just wanted to deck him. :P 

@mouse007, that IG video you shared.... :wub:

16 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@40somethingahjumma I loved your post and I agree with all your points. You are right, CY being nice to LQW is a testament to the type of person he is. In the beginning, I did want to punch DFS in the face for his arrogance and manipulativeness. But it's funny because the thing I hate about him is also the thing I admire most from him. I hate that he just forces himself and manipulates situations so he can have what he wants. But there's also something attractive about a guy who knows what he wants and just goes for it. 

I guess one person's meat is another's poison. ;)

What might be dedication for someone can easily be obnoxious, overbearing and obsessive for another. Maybe I'm becoming cantankerous as I get older but the more of these Asian dramas I watch with these driven, pushy 2MLs, the less I like them. Most of them come off bordering on obsessive IMO... walking the fine line between devotion and obsession. I'm more inclined to respect a man who respects a woman's freedom to choose even if she's making a mistake. Certainly this show tends to be couched in tongue-in-cheek humour so a lot of the darker edges are muted and made more palatable.

I also think there's an inconsistency in the way these male-female relationships are viewed. Apparently it's somehow more acceptable for DFS to follow BQ around like a bloodhound. It apparently shows his exclusive dedication and devotion to her. But when LQW follows CY around, she's annoying and CY is bordering on unfaithfulness because he isn't rude enough to her to put her off. (Though I'm not sure that would necessarily work) For me I like to be fair in how we perceive these male-female dynamics. ;)

I'm an equal opportunity hater :P I think both DFS and LQW are annoying. But I put up with them because they are firstly, examples of how the OTP are able to affect change around them... plus they are yet another obstacle that the OTP have to overcome before they achieve their happily ever after.

On another point, it isn't DFS manipulativeness that bothers me (almost everyone in this show manipulates people to some degree even our beloved protagonists) but the general smug certainty of the rightness of what he's doing. Still I hope everyone's right and he becomes more likable along the way.

On 2/9/2019 at 4:36 AM, roxnilla7 said:
  Hide contents

Ok, did some digging, and I found out those spoiler scenes where CY falls down the well will be anywhere from so 32-36. That leaves around 15 eps to make things right.

Now, if CY really doesnt die, all we can hope for is that the writer wont let us down by separating them until the very end. We need them to reunite, and stay together!!

Everytime they reunite again they get separated. Like touch and go. 

I am very easily obsessed with this type of drama. I only watched up to episode 30 with eng subs, but with so many spoilers, I am so lost right now. Going back when CY falls into the well, I think that happens around late 40s episodes. From episode 35-40 I think it's mainly going to focus on the relationship between the love square. And also the scene where BQ gets abducted into the caves. 

But I am seriously confused with the scene where BQ is in chains and CY refuses to touch her and is on the same side as DFS. How are they on the same side? Is CY being manipulated? Are CY and DFS planning something together, and not involving BQ in it for her safety? Is it before the well scene or after? SO many questions, so little patience, can't believe I have to wait till March 07th to understand the full story.

I don't know Chinese, so I'm forced to watch ep 31-35 RAW and spoil everything for myself on the forums. SO pitiful.....I wish all the episodes came at once...Or I wish I just didn't know about this drama until March. 

But personally I don't think CY is going to die, because at one point in the theme song he comes back as the Lotus Robe Knight, and after ep 35, I don't think that he is going to play the part of a carefree hero anytime soon with the circumstances around the MIngyue Family, BQ, and the Biluotian. So it makes sense that around the ending he comes back as the Lotus Robe Knight to surprise BQ in a sort of happy ending kind of way. Otherwise, I don't think there is any other way to explain that scene. 

16 hours ago, Kai Wen Chia said:

Finally just watch finished ep 35 and I must say it would be another most awaited ep cause they reunited again!! Here's some spoiler for u guys I flim while watching earlier. 

Hide contents

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156999676762229&id=614297228

Translation :

HBQ wanted to eat the snake meat DFS cooked but CY jealous and keep telling her not to eat DFS's food :love::love:

Me too I love that scene, so cute.  I love ep 35, so funny, the interactions between three of them. .:D

8 hours ago, mouse007 said:

Just saw this on IG and I can’t wait. I think this must be after BQ sees CY in bed together with LQW. 

Hide contents

Spoiler

I think it is before, but that bed scene comes afterwards, as CY needs to stay with LCW to look after her as her injuries was serious and DFS said there need to be someone close by to look after her.  I saw a longer trailer, the scene where DFS told CY that, came after this scene you posted.

Here you can see the whole scene together that I had mentioned, ep36

https://v.qq.com/x/cover/brq7blajvjhrcit/v0029dovsxd.html

19 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

So i'm not watching the raw episodes anymore, so I don't spoil it for myself and just slowly watching it with subs. But saw the scene where they are like at the desert and CY is jealous of HBQ with DFS. What happen? Can anyone spoil it for me? :lol:

Spoiler

That is because LCW (the super clinging woman) came looking for CY despite he told her to stay at his  home to rest (due to her injuries).  So BQ is trying to make him jealous.  I thought it was cute the way she laid her head on his (DFS)'s shoulder, she even allowed him to hold her around her waist ..lol

12 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Ahem!  Episode 35 recap.  :D

Hide contents

BQ answers that he has more negative qualities and she's afraid the more time she spends with him, she'll just discover more of those.  He asks her to name a few and she uses his sleeping habits as an example.  She tells him that he snores and farts.  LOL!  He refuses to believe her and she's like, "What?  You're too busy sleeping to know and you think the servant maids around you are going to tell you that?  It's only someone like me who has the heart to tell you the truth."  I love her.  She then adds that she hears snoring is a type of illness, and as a doctor, he should take care to cure himself.  But he says what does it matter if he doesn't cure himself.  After all, like she said, he can't hear it and only the person next to him will experience it -- and that'll be her.  She tells him not to worry because it definitely won't be her, and then rolls over to catch some Zs. 

It's not until CY offers to taste the water/food first that he then allows BQ to partake of the same.  In exchange, DFS shares the fruit from before.  As CY takes a bite, DFS says, "My wife and I plucked them ourselves."  THE LOOK THAT CY SHOOTS AT BQ IS EQUALLY AS AMAZING AS BQ IMMEDIATELY COUGHING UP THE BREAD THAT SHE'S EATING WHEN SHE HEARS WHAT HE SAYS.  LOL!  She asks him, "Who's you're wife?!?!?!"  DFS answers that of course it's her since they have a marriage contract, but BQ reminds him that she's told him a hundred times over that she's going to return the money and so he'd better stop going around telling people that she's his person because she's got nothing to do with him. 

He grabs at BQ, pulling her to his side, and CY reacts by putting out his hand.  The two men end up palm to palm.  DFS pulls away first when he realizes that CY has some martial arts skills.  CY then tells him that it should be up to BQ to decide what she does next.  DFS finally introduces himself and CY returns the introduction by giving a false name.  BQ then steps in to introduce herself as, "Zhu Zhu," and it is so precious how CY responds by smiling at her and asking, "Zhu Zhu?"  She says yes and asks him if it isn't a pretty sounding name, and CY smiles even more broadly.  OH THE SMILES.  DFS, meanwhile, looks on in disgust and announces that the three of them will leave together. 

CY responds by telling her that she reminds him of his wife, who would even eat a mouse when hungry.  He comments that he was so surprised when he first heard of this that he once stole into someone else's kitchen to fetch her a chicken drumstick. 

CY, on the other hand, responds that it's just a bit of a family matter and besides, DFS never asked.  AND THEN HE SAYS (THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE SWEETEST, ESPECIALLY AS HE'S LOOKING DIRECTLY AT BQ WHEN HE SAYS IT): My wife and I have gone through a lot together.  Even though we haven't been able to meet often and spend a lot of time apart, I spend my nights worrying about her.  She is forever my true love and that'll never change in this lifetime.  *sighs*  BQ responds that "she" is really fortunate to be his wife.  And CY says that she's had to live a life of hardship, so he naturally has to treat her better and he hates himself for not having met her earlier otherwise he would've been able to help minimize the hardships that she had to go through.  BQ points out that so long as "she" could meet him, that's not too late.  And by this point, DFS can take it no longer.  He gets up and goes to feel BQ's forehead, suggesting that she might have a fever.  Haha.

That's when DFS confesses that he won't let her go because he knows if he doesn't keep her close, then he may really lose out on her.  So he's not going to give up.  At that, it's CY turns to interrupt them as he offers BQ some water.  LOL.

BQ immediately agrees and says that after she's found her family member, they'll travel next to Dong Ping Jun.  After they all go back to sleep, there's this cute little bit where BQ still wants to eat the snake kebabs but CY won't let her get up.  He pushes her head back down and when she holds up two fingers, and then one, he puts each finger down until finally she just gnaws on one of her fingers instead.  Cuuuuuuuute.

@themarchioness  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for recapping episode 35! I could kiss you right now.

Sorry to cut your post, I just wanted to highlight all my favourite parts. I felt kinda bad for DFS seeing at how he really likes BQ and is desperate to make her fall for him. BUT I am totally rooting for CY. I am actually glad all 3 of them ended up in the desert together. It gave CY such a good opportunity to tell BQ how he really felt. I love how calm he was listening to BQ and DFS and using every opportunity to tell BQ how much she means to him - even narrating how they first met and the time she was about to eat a mouse. You can see he adores her. We all knew he loved her but to hear him actually say it out loud.. :wub:

This part: "My wife and I have gone through a lot together.  Even though we haven't been able to meet often and spend a lot of time apart, I spend my nights worrying about her.  She is forever my true love and that'll never change in this lifetime. "

What I also liked about this episode is seeing how well BQ and CY work together. All BQ and CY have to do is look at each other and you can practically hear them talking to each other. That part where CY first sees them, he gets off his horse and is all smiles walking to BQ but she just gives him a look and right away he becomes wary of DFS and knew to give a fake name.

I must say though that even though I am shipping CY and BQ, I am enjoying all the bantering between BQ and DFS. You gotta admit there's a certain comfort level where they just tell each other whatever comes to mind. They are the comic relief in some ways.

It's cute how BQ got annoyed with LQW and started flirting with DFS. CY's reaction was priceless!! 

I am probably going to watch this episode a million times.

9 hours ago, chisaholly said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That is because LCW (the super clinging woman) came looking for CY despite he told her to stay at his  home to rest (due to her injuries).  So BQ is trying to make him jealous.  I thought it was cute the way she laid her head on his (DFS)'s shoulder, she even allowed him to hold her around her waist ..lol

I definitely saw that part and understood what happened. Lol. :lol:

I was just about to post those pictures, but guess my time is a little off from you all. @angelangie THank you for sharing the picture. I hope they due end up just being the lotus hero and heroine together.

@themarchioness THANK YOU THANK YOU for your recaps! It's soo nice to read them and understand what's happening. Now I gotta catch up on the raw. :lol:

3 hours ago, roxnilla7 said:

From the spoilers on ig, it looks like they do the deed again. At this point, HBQ should just have a baby! I wish. All i want for the happy ending is for them both to be alive and with a kid. :wub:

@roxnilla7 really? Where do you see that?

@turtle0217 & @mouse007, you are both very welcome.  My mom's already texted me to say that today's episodes are also very good.  When i expressed jealousy that she was already done watching, she told me to work hard.  :lol:  I'm going to try my best to leave work on time again tonight!

@mouse007, episode 35 is definitely an episode that's worth watching over and over again.  I also liked all those scenes you highlighted and agree with your comment that BQ and CY work well together.  In fact, one of my favorite scenes has always been that one where she feigned fainting spells in front of his dad's concubine and he smoothly went along with it.  At the time, she didn't like him and although he liked her as the beggar, he didn't like her as his father's illegitimate daughter.  But even under those circumstances where they were constantly butting heads, they worked well together!  This is the charm of the OTP. 

I've enjoyed the parts of the drama where the OTP had to be apart, but now that they're back together it's ACES. 

Archived