[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

22 minutes ago, shoyunnie said:

Yep.. i like the kissing scene:lol:

My OTP is still CS-DSW:D 

And yesss JH is very good in action scene..I still remember his flying kick in Chuno/Slave Hunter.. Awesome

Yeah that kicked reminded me of Dae Gil. And I guess this is another Chuno where JH does not get the girl. Hahahaha. Gosh that hurts.. this writer is making me go :D then :(..

20 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Well, DCS had to go like ‘I’m not going to EAT you or anything!’ - I burst out laughing at that.

I dont understand why Chef wants to push DSW away. He is done deal with the ex Wife already. 

That scene had me laughing too. Also the one where he shouted BYE!. :D

When SP was with the kitty (which was totally adorable BTW), he mentioned that he can't love her because she still loves her husband. I guess this is why he is holding back and being mean to DSW. He even calls her Ahjumma now. Hahaha

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoy last night‘s episodes :) that kiss in the end makes me want DCS-DSW as the couple :D DCS kicks are awesome! JH is really a great actor! JRW smile is infectious.. no wonder DCS is really smitten with her.. SP starts to have feeling to DSW. Wow.. he wants to deny that with all the harsh words.. but from the preview seems there is more development between SP and DSW.. with this current storyline, I regret that I follow the episodes while airing.. I need to have lots of patience waiting for next week then :wink: 

3 hours ago, mundaliv said:

I really enjoy last night‘s episodes :) that kiss in the end makes me want DCS-DSW as the couple :D DCS kicks are awesome! JH is really a great actor! JRW smile is infectious.. no wonder DCS is really smitten with her.. SP starts to have feeling to DSW. Wow.. he wants to deny that with all the harsh words.. but from the preview seems there is more development between SP and DSW.. with this current storyline, I regret that I follow the episodes while airing.. I need to have lots of patience waiting for next week then :wink: 

Yeah, this is the kind of head messing that the writer did in JI did too. The first guy that kisses the girl isn't necessarily the guy who ends up with her. :D She loves playing around with the first/second male lead categories. I've been wanting them to have cute babies together from the first two episodes but alas... everyone tells me it's not to be. 

I supposed he kissed her because he thought he was dying and that was his last chance to lip lock with a woman. :wink: But the way he looked at her before his lips fell on hers... wow... that was heart rending stuff. Reminded me of Money Flower and Beautiful Mind.

@kohnlee I don't think you need to apologize. This is an open forum and as long as we stick to the rules, people are free to express their opinions about the drama whatever they might be. 

During the fight scene I was especially thrilled with the scissors kick. The man still has it. Man I've said this many times but I want LJG and Hyukie in something together in a fight scene. Whatever ovaries I have left will probably combust spontaneously.

4 hours ago, jhjsw said:

When SP was with the kitty (which was totally adorable BTW), he mentioned that he can't love her because she still loves her husband. I guess this is why he is holding back and being mean to DSW. He even calls her Ahjumma now. Hahaha

I loved Poong with the kitty. Really wanted him to adopt it to make up for no bubby. Ovaries still intact though.

5 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Man I've said this many times but I want LJG and Hyukie in something together in a fight scene.

You are not alone in this. Let's pray to the drama gods that this comes true. :DI also love LJG because aside from being a great actor, he is also great with fight scenes. Still waiting for lawless lawyer to end before watching it. I expect the fight scenes would be great.

1 hour ago, mundaliv said:

JRW smile is infectious.. 

Everytime she smiles, I smile. So charming! :)

46 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

You are not alone in this. Let's pray to the drama gods that this comes true. :DI also love LJG because aside from being a great actor, he is also great with fight scenes. Still waiting for lawless lawyer to end before watching it. I expect the fight scenes would be great.

Because both of them are professionally trained martial artist.

They almost worked together 14 years ago in the movie King and Clown. Hyukie was supposed to play the lead role which later went to Kam Woo Sung.-_-

48 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yeah, this is the kind of head messing that the writer did in JI did too. The first guy that kisses the girl isn't necessarily the guy who ends up with her. :D She loves playing around with the first/second male lead categories. I've been wanting them to have cute babies together from the first two episodes but alas... everyone tells me it's not to be. 

I supposed he kissed her because he thought he was dying and that was his last chance to lip lock with a woman. :wink: But the way he looked at her before his lips fell on hers... wow... that was heart rending stuff. Reminded me of Money Flower and Beautiful Mind

Haha, in JI, I picked the „bad guy“ as the main couple. Actually the first kiss in JI was by the main couple, in episode 4 if I‘m not mistaken, although more like a peck.. *I‘ve watched JI too many times :wink: 

In WOL, the first kiss/peck was by SP and DSW in the car. 1st Real kiss then by DCS and DSW.. like in JI, 1st real kiss was by JungWon and NaRi. 

In WOL, both guys are actually „bad guy“.. One is gangster, another one is very hard on her. Not like in JI where one is ideal type, and another one is not the ideal type :D 

But here, the gangster is the one that talks in softer way to her. Haha, very interesting!! 

In JI, the bromance exists already.. they were best friends. But in here, it’s interesting to see that DCS and SP gradually become closer. Seems SP notices that DCS gives lots of attention to DSW. It was shown when DCS just running when being told DSW is going to hospital. 

Yess, the way DCS looks at DSW before the kiss! Haha. 

21 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Because both of them are professionally trained martial artist.

They almost worked together 14 years ago in the movie King and Clown. Hyukie was supposed to play the lead role which later went to Kam Woo Sung.-_-

Ohhhh. I didn't know he was supposed to be the lead in that movie. Interesting.. 

26 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

Haha, in JI, I picked the „bad guy“ as the main couple. Actually the first kiss in JI was by the main couple, in episode 4 if I‘m not mistaken, although more like a peck.. *I‘ve watched JI too many times :wink: 

In WOL, the first kiss/peck was by SP and DSW in the car. 1st Real kiss then by DCS and DSW.. like in JI, 1st real kiss was by JungWon and NaRi. 

In WOL, both guys are actually „bad guy“.. One is gangster, another one is very hard on her. Not like in JI where one is ideal type, and another one is not the ideal type :D 

But here, the gangster is the one that talks in softer way to her. Haha, very interesting!! 

In JI, the bromance exists already.. they were best friends. But in here, it’s interesting to see that DCS and SP gradually become closer. Seems SP notices that DCS gives lots of attention to DSW. It was shown when DCS just running when being told DSW is going to hospital. 

Yess, the way DCS looks at DSW before the kiss! Haha. 

Yeah true. I forgot about the peck. Heh. Thanks for reminding me.

I think my brain deliberately erases anything romantic between SW and Poong from short-term memory. :tongue::wink:

In JI, I think Hwa Shin's friend Jung Won was almost perfect except for him being Mummy's boy. His mother was awful and clung on to him for dear life. A terrible snob. But the thing about JI though, it was always clear to me that NR liked HS even when she pretended not to. Sure she wavered because JW was Mr Perfect to her but the way she kept following HS to his appointments and made sure he ate properly it was obvious she hadn't moved on from her crush. 

There's no doubt in both dramas, they cast well. The actors all have chemistry with each other which is exactly how it should be. Even though I tend more toward CS and SW, there's definitely chemistry between Poong and SW too. It's just the writing for them just doesn't feel as organic to me. Maybe CS and SW aren't that organic either and I'm just too blinded by Hyukie's acting to notice. :D

I noticed too that the writer used a line similar to the one she used in JI. "You felt a little bit, right?" It reminded me of a line that HS kept saying to NR "You like me just a bit more, right?" and then he threw out some percentage and kept reducing it. :wink:

@jhjsw LJG is fantastic in LL. His agility in the action scenes is incredible.

29 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

Haha, in JI, I picked the „bad guy“ as the main couple. 

In JI, I almost didn't care who the good and bad guys were. I chose JJS period. :D

But here in WOL, Im not choosing anyone. Not shipping anyone. Not gonna fall for the writer's traps. Coz I like all 3 actors. But she is really making it so hard with that last scene. Hahaha. His eyes before kissing her... I just can't. :unsure:

@40somethingahjumma now im even more excited to see LL. :)

24 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

In JI, I almost didn't care who the good and bad guys were. I chose JJS period. :D

But here in WOL, Im not choosing anyone. Not shipping anyone. Not gonna fall for the writer's traps. Coz I like all 3 actors. But she is really making it so hard with that last scene. Hahaha. His eyes before kissing her... I just can't. :unsure:

@40somethingahjumma now im even more excited to see LL. :)

I think with this writer one just has to go along for the ride. I feel I have permission to swim against the tide as my whimsy takes me because the show insists despite everything I've been told that both men are equal contenders. So as long as the show gives me scenes like the one in the freezer, I will enjoy my little Chil Sung thoughts in my private K drama headspace.  

I think you will love LL. It is really good... and crazy fun. Moves like a jet plane. As it happens, there are also gangsters in it. Lots of them.  Good ones, loony ones and scary ones. Gangster must be the flavour of the month.

35 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There's no doubt in both dramas, they cast well. The actors all have chemistry with each other which is exactly how it should be. Even though I tend more toward CS and SW, there's definitely chemistry between Poong and SW too. It's just the writing for them just doesn't feel as organic to me. Maybe CS and SW aren't that organic either and I'm just too blinded by Hyukie's acting to notice. :D

I noticed too that the writer used a line similar to the one she used in JI. "You felt a little bit, right?" It reminded me of a line that HS kept saying to NR "You like me just a bit more, right?" and then he threw out some percentage and kept reducing it. :wink:

Agree!! Haha.. I like both couples in WOL.. although I prefer CS more than SP. Just because CS is cuter in his behavior towards DSW :D 

31 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Hahaha. For me JJS is still my no 1 kdrama actor :D because of JI, of course! But JH is also my fave actor.. :wink: The first time I watched raw episode was because of JH‘s Fated to love you :D 

Btw, I like the actor who plays the guy in noodle station, who hurts his shoulder. Anyone knows the actor‘s real name? Thx!

11 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

Hahaha. For me JJS is still my no 1 kdrama actor :D because of JI, of course! But JH is also my fave actor.. :wink: The first time I watched raw episode was because of JH‘s Fated to love you :D 

Btw, I like the actor who plays the guy in noodle station, who hurts his shoulder. Anyone knows the actor‘s real name? Thx!

JJS is also one of my faves since Oh My Ghost. And I first noticed Hyukie in FTLY. :)

Kim Hyun Joon is the name of the actor at the noodle station.

@40somethingahjumma Flavour of the month. Hahaha. I am seeing a lot of good reviews about the drama. This is good. :)

14 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

Haha I was just about to post that I like this guy and I see your post here! His name is Kim Hyun Joo and this is his Instagram account. Hope to see more of him 

7 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

JJS is also one of my faves since Oh My Ghost. And I first noticed Hyukie in FTLY. :)

Kim Hyun Joon is the name of the actor at the noodle station.

Thanks! Just google him, turns out he also played in Hwarang. No wonder I‘ve seen this actor before. 

Haha @Prettysup thanks for the info on his IG :D 

Since Poong and Chilsung are besties now, none of them end up with Saewoo. Saewoo is off with Buster, who had just got his cancer totally cured after he kicked NaOJik to oblivion. The End.

Of course i am kidding, but i wont complain if the writer would be willing to include that last part. *cough*

I am chilsung-saewoo supporter, but i know there is a chance that i might be disappointed. But anyway, whether saewoo ends up with chilsung or poong, these are still better possibility than having naojik suddenly came back and gets back with saewoo.

35 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha I was just about to post that I like this guy and I see your post here! His name is Kim Hyun Joo and this is his Instagram account. Hope to see more of him 

Nice. Didn't he have a passionate lipstick stained kissing scene with his young wife?

He's not exactly the most enthusiastic member of the kitchen staff but at least he's in.

Speaking of the kitchen. That was one a rowdy but quite moving fight scene. The brotherhood is alive and well.

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 9.26.21 pm

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 9.28.48 pm

@mundaliv and @jhjsw

Spoiler

Really took noticed of JJS in Oh My Ghost but I actually first saw him in King 2 Heart.

Fell in love with Hyukie since Thank You. Still one of my favourites ever.

Archived