I just saw this movie, I loved characters and story! 8/10 indeed ^^

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

spacer.png

Watched Melancholic (part of the Japanese Film Festival offering in my city). I appreciated how it depicts Japan life as-is. The scenes and cinematography are not polished but not in a bad way. The film touched on societal "rite of passage" and expectations. I enjoyed it!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 9:43 AM, pad-hari said:

Awwww, this movie is so beautiful and heart-wrenching one.  

Would recommend everyone to give this a try.  My score is 10/10.  Excellent movie.

what's the title of this one? judging from the poster, it looks pretty interesting.

as for myself it was 日日是好日; Nichinichi kore Kojitsu (Every Day A Good Day)

Every_Day_A_Good_Day-P1.jpg

for me, it was a bit slow and not as exciting. it's more like a slice of life and a mundane tedious sort of watching, but i couldn't help be interested in the overall tea ceremony aspect and how it's somewhat of a lifestyle and something you just can't take a day off from practicing of it. well something like that. it still brought be peace of watching it and that to enjoy the little things, too.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hanataba mitai na koi wo shita  AKA  We Made a Beautiful Bouquet / I fell In Love Like  Flower Bouquet

They fell in love. They fell out love.  It happens. The spark wasn't there.  Communuication became less. Their common interest of manga, zelda, musuems, authors no longer jive with their needs. She felt this. He understood.

They broke up that night on the same diner/resto the night they first met. Seeing themselves through another couple who came in to the diner that same night.  Thought he it was bit dramatic with tears I get their feelings. It's happy tears of reminscing the 4 years. 

Sad but beatiful break up. That not all should end in shouting and hurtful words. That you can break up with someone and still love and leave good memories. of years shared. That you can still remain friends.

It's an okay movie 3/5. It's heartwarming in ways.  You can watch it with an ex who you're still friends with. I think

Suda Masaki   Arimura Kasumi

E93ygEBVEAUok4I?format=jpg&name=small

E8HOravUYAI5FsN?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Konya, Sekai Kara Kono Koi ga Kietemo AKA  Even if this Love Disappears from the World Tonight

When the memory fails but love in memory remains! It's bittersweet drama.

Maori our heroine  has anterograde amnesia - it's When you lose memory when you fall asleep.  She had car accident prior. I'm not sure if it's because of that. She met Tooru after the accident when when back to shcool, Tooru on a dare, asked Maori on a date, to which she said yes. She set conditions for him. 1. Only talk after school. 2. Keep in touch make it simple. 3. Don't fall in love!. And you guess it.... 3rd one broken.

Maori is at her happiest with Tooru! But then she woud forget him once she wakes ups.  She only remember him through her diary entries.  Maori had  her best fun memories with Tooru. She always has to write in her diary, the things they did, the places they went , what they did, how they spent their time together.  Tooru knew her memory illnes, but not to the extent that Maori told her.  He wanted to make menories with Maori, fill her diaries with fun things. Told her of procedural memory - to keep doing the same drawing.. that it will be retained

Maori.. she never wants to forget. And then.. tragedy strikes as Tooru had heart illnes and died- My reaction was like.. Oh No.. nooooo! I actually did not expect that twist. When Maori learned of Toorus death.. it shattered her! We felt her sorrow and sadness and want her memories of Tooru to never fade.  But Tooru requested he be erased from Maori's memories. He said they don't know other till after her accident. I'm thinking he loved her much he didn't want for her to feel the pain of losing him. He saw her tears.In the end, she would keep drawing potraits of him. Because she remembers, it's the only one she remembers. His face!

4/5 foor me. It's melo but not cringy. I like the tones and colors and cinematography esp. date scenes of Tooru and Maori. It's sad.. the death of Tooru threw me off bit cos I wan't expecting that. I wanted the happines for Maori with Toorui even if she cannot find the cure for her illness.

Michieda Shunshuke, Fukumoto Riko, Furukawa Kotone

Love the firewworks scenes!❤️❤️❤️

Love sadness happiness. To  remember. To never forget.

Then Tooru wipes her tears. ❤️❤️❤️

twts: ctto

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Phases of the Moon (2022)

MV5BOTBmNTk1NTQtMGMzYi00ZjNiLTlhMjUtOTVi

ctto

The movie is about the reincarnations of Ruri, who returned twice to be with her Akira.

Though there were a plot hole or two, like how did the previous life abusive husband immediately recognised her as his late wife when he heard Ruri singing in her 2nd life, the acting of the cast more than made up for the flaws of the story. 

Spoiler

Twice that deranged husband chasing after them being the catalyst on why 1st Ruri and 2nd Ruri met their demise. :angry: Where, oh where, is his karma?

And... it's the latest reincarnation of Ruri, who, IMO, acted the best among all the Ruris. The child actress was way more sincere and realistic than the main Ruri. It would have been more of an impact if it was the child Ruri of the 3rd life meeting Akira again (though I get it that it will look strange why a supposedly around fifty year old man would hug a 7-8 year old little girl like a long lost lover. Still...).

Bonus: John Lennon songs, played every now and then. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

4JZkDmE961tLezhr5pqpyJN7vdX.jpg

ctto

Because I was watching Watashi No Shiawase Na Kekkon (My Happy Marriage/As Long As We Both Shall Live) again yesterday. :) 

Congratulations!

Though not for the same movie, actress for Kaya, the antagonist in the movie, also received an acting award from the same awarding body.

• Awesome 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Phases of the Moon

it is an unusual reincarnation film. 

I just love when Ren (Akira) is on the screen regardless of the role.:D

I felt sorry for Akira because he couldnt move on, Ruri's reincarnation didnt allow it. 

It would be nice if they had shown the encounter between the little girl (the latest reincarnation) and Akira.

the hotel scene between Osanai Kei, Yuri and her daughter...

Osanai - ''... I've rather to my best to take care of the living''...:approves:

He was so stunned when he realized that Mizuko is the reincarnation of his wife. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9lc2_7u-v5dDPFvOj8HP

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzQeKfV6wlg-aMhrDjqun

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsfW7P2ei9G2v1Epooglu

• Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

It would be nice if they had shown the encounter between the little girl (the latest reincarnation) and Akira.

Same. It felt like a missed opportunity for greater visual impact. Perhaps the director chose to avoid it being awkward age-wise between the supposed lovers? I don't think the "reunion" of Akira and 3rd Ruri who's still a child would be awkward though.