[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

40 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Why didnt a big production house offer to back elod? :D i find the story nicer from tmopb (just my personal opinion).  Maybe they did not really expect it to be on par with tmopb.

I honestly think ELOD story is better than TMOPB. Both are good stories, but FJ's grit to keep BGG and not resorting to amnesia potion to forget DH sealed the deal for me. DH also did his best to be with her and protect her once he realized he loved her.

I dislike what YH did to Susu. He had let Sujin and her maid steamroll over his wife and him. He took away her eyes. Before BQ jumped off, he won't spend longer times with her. Like come on, you blinded her, then she just gave birth, and even if she was cold to you, you won't try to pamper her?

And BQ, however bad what happened between YH and her, is it reason enough to drink that potion and forget Ali? When YH died, she didn't claim Ali either.

About the lead actors and actresses, both ELOD and TMOPB  had let them shine and show their range. Mark Chao was so good with Li Dongheng when he tried to use his soul to ignite the lamp. Vengo killed it while watching Reba leave for good.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

11 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

You have a point there, D was getting famous while Vengo no really that known. And yeah, some were having doubts on his acting.

And who's laughing now....  Vengo all the way to the bank  ( hopefully) :joy:

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, Queen01 said:

And who's laughing now....  Vengo all the way to the bank  ( hopefully) :joy:

Kudos to Vengo though. He knew how hard he had to work to up his acting game. Even the director commented on how studious he was on set. A lot of thought and love went into every character he had to play for EloD, and boy did he deliver.

• Like 11
  • Love 5

10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I honestly think ELOD story is better than TMOPB. Both are good stories, but FJ's grit to keep BGG and not resorting to amnesia potion to forget DH sealed the deal for me. DH also did his best to be with her and protect her once he realized he loved her.

I dislike what YH did to Susu. He had let Sujin and her maid steamroll over his wife and him. He took away her eyes. Before BQ jumped off, he won't spend longer times with her. Like come on, you blinded her, then she just gave birth, and even if she was cold to you, you won't try to pamper her?

And BQ, however bad what happened between YH and her, is it reason enough to drink that potion and forget Ali? When YH died, she didn't claim Ali either.

There was some analysis on the author's mindset for this situation. She was very young when she wrote TMOPB, and I think motherhood or motherly instincts was not something she had an understanding of. She probably didn't see how a mother's love could or should be on par with romantic love and chose to focus on romantic love and all of its repercussions instead. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

1 minute ago, vivi0303 said:

There was some analysis on the author's mindset for this situation. She was very young when she wrote TMOPB, and I think motherhood or motherly instincts was not something she had an understanding of. She probably didn't see how a mother's love could or should be on par with romantic love and chose to focus on romantic love and all of its repercussions instead. 

Can be. Wished they tweaked it a bit though when it got adapted as series. :) Nonetheless, TMOPB is one of the best to watch.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In TMOPB I constantly wondered why she didn't take the potion and end her suffering (epically with the whole not ment to be thing) :bawling:  But its indeed her grit and tenacity that gained my admiration for her. 

I'm not going to touch the topic YH there was so many things (or everything) he could of done differently if I rehash it I'll write a novel.:joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

In TMOPB I constantly wondered why she didn't take the potion and end her suffering (epically with the whole not ment to be thing) :bawling:  But its indeed her grit and tenacity that gained my admiration for her. 

I'm not going to touch the topic YH there was so many things (or everything) he could of done differently if I rehash it I'll write a novel.:joy:

Definitely a 180 by the author for her two main female leads. I wonder how far apart the books were written, maybe its her own growth that was reflected in the two different female leads.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

With age comes wisdom, that's why I celebrate my ....... yeas on this earth :naughty:.........I'll never tall.....:joy:

Actually I would because I'm proud of it.:wub:

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Definitely a 180 by the author for her two main female leads. I wonder how far apart the books were written, maybe its her own growth that was reflected in the two different female leads.

And her male leads YH disparate and underhanded ( trying to fool his famly/grandfather and SS)

DJ forthright and brash. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

And her male leads YH disparate and underhanded ( trying to fool his famly/grandfather and SS)

DJ forthright and brash. 

DH won't care and will love FJ just as much even if she is a mortal or a snake that had enough cultivation to become human.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH won't care and will love FJ just as much even if she is a mortal or a snake that had enough cultivation to become human.

That is true and we love him for that.^_^

I guess in all destiny circumstance is the main ingredient, be it good, bad, desperate or plain old not caring. Or sometimes circumstance is what we make it out to be.:phew:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

I read somewhere that after lotus step there is another story for mo yuan called bodhi fate, is it truee?? pls tell me who'll be mo yuan's fate and what kind of story they will be?? 

Edited by Mochiedy
  • Like 3

In my opinion, in TMOPB there was some sort of mystery. Destiny deprived for the bigger good and so on. Here it's all about  FJ and DH + the mortal arc dragged it down in boredom +  they didn't develop Aranya/Chen Ye arc enough to create that sense of mystic relaying of their unfulfilled destiny to FJ and DH's.

And also, everyone knew the ending, so no suspense here.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

2 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

I don't think this production could afford her. The budget for this series was significantly lower than TMOPB and L&D I believe.

The difference was like High school prom party budget Compared to an Oscar party budget

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

You know, the prior business agreement might be why they couldn't cut down the mortal arc. Thanks for the insight!

The agreement is to get her more screen time but it doesn’t  have to be more screen time in mortal world, They can add more screen time by adding her arc in between later parts of the book like they did with Su Jin. Mortal world should have lasted 8 episodes at best.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Mochiedy said:

I read somewhere that after lotus step there is another story for mo yuan called bodhi fate, is it truee?? pls tell me who'll be mo yuan's fate and what kind of story they will be?? 

This is correct. It will be Mo Yuan/Shao Wan’s story

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Mochiedy said:

Spoiler

it's true ..but still in progress I think... it's about the Demoness Queen Shao Wan who is (high possility) Mo Yan's love interest and she is also DH's best friend.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The agreement is to get her more screen time but it doesn’t  have to be more screen time in mortal world, They can add more screen time by adding her arc in between later parts of the book like they did with Su Jin. Mortal world should have lasted 8 episodes at best.

She should have played miao luo :D ML has less screentime but has a great impact in the series.  Or maybe cheng yu character? :D

• Like 5