[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

59 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

It's good to know.. I've read all the 4 part..any new updated yet?

1) East gate of the East

2) Han Huang

3) Zai Chi

4) Wind and Rain

Sadly I only depended on auto Google translations which was not so accurated..but still interesting.

Can you give the link? Tqvm :wub:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Hide contents

She is supposed to be somewhat of a love rival to FJ but there is just absolutely no rivalry! 

Angel Liu actually wrote a very long post defending the role of JH. She believed that JH is the one for DH. It was a mess. Netizens were basically bashing her left and right saying that she took the potrayal of JH not as written in the book but based on her personal feelings. 

I was sympathetic at first when she wrote about how she had to let go of the role of FJ due to fans demands. She loved the book so much and had always wanted to adapt it and play the title role. 

But she never did learn her lessons. She should have kept quiet when fans got so upset with her extra screentime. She shouldn't have post a weibo defending JH and her screentime. This only adds oil to fire. She reaps what she sows unfortunately.

Spoiler

One time I googled her out of of curiousity, and some pics that came out are...unsavoury. What others call her aren't flattering either. 

Just my view. Some roles can't be played due to the actor or actress past. Viewers ultimately do have a say on what they would support and watch.

Apart from Reba having made a mark already as FJ, Angel Liu doesn't have the looks to play FJ in ELOD. 

I too wish she didn't write that post. She could have just let it go, as there was no point to explain really when viewers see otherwise. The furor could have died eventually. But posting about it only added fire. I pity her too, but she should have thought twice on how to deal with the backlash.

• Like 3

First of all, I want to thank everybody for their posts here, especially for the wonderful translations of the epilogue. I love the book but the ending is quite abrupt, so it was a pleasure to read those snipes of their life together... especially the one between GunGun and his father. I loved them :D

I know I am bit late to join the party, but I spent the better part of two days reading old post to catch up. The love you have for this drama and this couple is awesome. Since my family and friends are quite indifferent to Chinese dramas, reading your words and feeling your passion for this couple really made me feel at home.

I also want to take the chance to recommend everyone a new drama. I am obsessed with Vengo. I absolutely loved him as DHD. I already like him a lot in TMOPB but in ELOD he's become my new obsession. I needed something to pass the time while I wait for the last two subbed eps this Thursday, and I found an amazing series which has Vengo as male lead: https://mydramalist.com/29196-candle-in-the-tomb-the-wrath-of-time

It's in YouTube fully subbed in English. It's not a romance. More like a mix of The Mummy and Indiana Jones. The first two episodes are a bit slow and Vengo doesn't appear much, but once he joins the main group in ep3... I'll just say I watched the 21 episodes in one day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxqv25DnICU

Since I've seen how much many of you here love Vengo as well, please, give a try. It's a fantastic series with a great cast, and amazing plot and a perfect pace. Plus, Vengo looks so handsome!!! It was weird at first because DH is very pale (bathtub scene!!), and here Vengo has a tan and freckles!!! But I swear that after a couple of eps you will love him just as much as DJ (or almost as much, anyway XD).

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, anzu_brief said:

First of all, I want to thank everybody for their posts here, especially for the wonderful translations of the epilogue. I love the book but the ending is quite abrupt, so it was a pleasure to read those snipes of their life together... especially the one between GunGun and his father. I loved them :D

I know I am bit late to join the party, but I spent the better part of two days reading old post to catch up. The love you have for this drama and this couple is awesome. Since my family and friends are quite indifferent to Chinese dramas, reading your words and feeling your passion for this couple really made me feel at home.

I also want to take the chance to recommend everyone a new drama. I am obsessed with Vengo. I absolutely loved him as DHD. I already like him a lot in TMOPB but in ELOD he's become my new obsession. I needed something to pass the time while I wait for the last two subbed eps this Thursday, and I found an amazing series which has Vengo as male lead: https://mydramalist.com/29196-candle-in-the-tomb-the-wrath-of-time

It's in YouTube fully subbed in English. It's not a romance. More like a mix of The Mummy and Indiana Jones. The first two episodes are a bit slow and Vengo doesn't appear much, but once he joins the main group in ep3... I'll just say I watched the 21 episodes in one day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxqv25DnICU

Since I've seen how much many of you here love Vengo as well, please, give a try. It's a fantastic series with a great cast, and amazing plot and a perfect pace. Plus, Vengo looks so handsome!!! It was weird at first because DH is very pale (bathtub scene!!), and here Vengo has a tan and freckles!!! But I swear that after a couple of eps you will love him just as much as DJ (or almost as much, anyway XD).

I got to see Vengo's clip of this series  whistling to a roaster :joy: It so weird but interesting scene, its like he's hypnotising a bad spirit or somerhing. There was an interview where he stated its a role he auditioned for himself. This role must be special to him. :heart:

Though what I want to see is the drama where her got his 'donut' fans name. Sword of legends? I cant find this drama in eng sub.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

I got to see Vengo's clip of this series  whistling to a roaster :joy: It so weird but interesting scene, its like he's hypnotising a bad spirit or somerhing. There was an interview where he stated its a role he auditioned for himself. This role must be special to him. :heart:

Though what I want to see is the drama where her got his 'donut' fans name. Sword of legends? I cant find this drama in eng sub.

That interview was hilarious. He said he went to the first audition in clean cut clothes and freshly shaven. The casting director told him to "grunge" and then come back. So he didn't shower or shave for two days and went back:joy: They probably used so much makeup/self tanner to make him dark enough for the role

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Hide contents

She is supposed to be somewhat of a love rival to FJ but there is just absolutely no rivalry! 

Angel Liu actually wrote a very long post defending the role of JH. She believed that JH is the one for DH. It was a mess. Netizens were basically bashing her left and right saying that she took the potrayal of JH not as written in the book but based on her personal feelings. 

I was sympathetic at first when she wrote about how she had to let go of the role of FJ due to fans demands. She loved the book so much and had always wanted to adapt it and play the title role. 

But she never did learn her lessons. She should have kept quiet when fans got so upset with her extra screentime. She shouldn't have post a weibo defending JH and her screentime. This only adds oil to fire. She reaps what she sows unfortunately.

Spoiler

Wait. So she initially wanted to play FJ but then said later on that JH is the right one for DH? Alright, oookay... :blink:

• Confused 2
  • LOL 1

41 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

That interview was hilarious. He said he went to the first audition in clean cut clothes and freshly shaven. The casting director told him to "grunge" and then come back. So he didn't shower or shave for two days and went back:joy: They probably used so much makeup/self tanner to make him dark enough for the role

That's so funny!!! I am so glad he got the role because he nailed it. But every time he appeared in screen I was checking his skin tone/freckles and wondering how the hell did the make-up time manage that? Anyway, the grunge look suits him. He is sooooo handsome :wub::wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 4

8 minutes ago, anzu_brief said:

That's so funny!!! I am so glad he got the role because he nailed it. But every time he appeared in screen I was checking his skin tone/freckles and wondering how the hell did the make-up time manage that? Anyway, the grunge look suits him. He is sooooo handsome :wub::wub:

Everyone is pulling his shirt off of him in this BTS:joy: This is what a tan does, gives you muscle definition, he should just stay tan so he doesn't seem so scrawny. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

@vivi0303 I think he's just right, but due to his height and longer limbs he looks thin. He might be one of those who don't really tan much. Anyway nowadays, taking care of one's skin against too much sun is better. I'd watch this series too later. Not much to do really when in semi-lockdown.

• Like 5

I keep wondering who was the artistic director of this drama...why, like why, choose that combination of colours and materials? :cry::cry: they should have borrowed the costumes from TMOPB honestly and recycle them..i think nobody would have had something to say. At least not me. Ok, i can ignore the cheap and plastic-ish jewellery, but those clothes are killing me... (sorry for changing the topic, girls, but i had to vent out my frustrations :joy:)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I like the clothes in AD and the MR, they are simple and pretty, but the ones in Heaven or QQ are not as beautiful as the ones in TMOPB by far. I thought I noticed the clothes in the last few eps look a bit better than the ones in the first episodes...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

I keep wondering who was the artistic director of this drama...why, like why, choose that combination of colours and materials? :cry::cry: they should have borrowed the costumes from TMOPB honestly and recycle them..i think nobody would have had something to say. At least not me. Ok, i can ignore the cheap and plastic-ish jewellery, but those clothes are killing me... (sorry for changing the topic, girls, but i had to vent out my frustrations :joy:)

I've to disagree. I like their outfits in this one more than TMOPB. Especially Donghua's, it really fits the picture I have of him when reading the novel. Personally, I prefer the aesthetics of ELoD. To each his own.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

I've to disagree. I like their outfits in this one more than TMOPB. Especially Donghua's, it really fits the picture I have of him when reading the novel. Personally, I prefer the aesthetics of ELoD. To each his own.

I definitely think DH's wig suits his face more in ELoD. The one in TMOPB made his face look wide and older somehow.

• Like 6