[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

9 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I definitely think DH's wig suits his face more in ELoD. The one in TMOPB made his face look wide and older somehow.

Couldn't agree more. We can admire his beautiful cheekbones much better when he is wearing this wig. I also like the scenery and CGI better in ELOD. But FJ's fluffy pink dresses were very beautiful... like out of a dream

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Anybody know where they are selling those candy fox molds? I have been so bored, and this is just the first day of my mandatory 2 week vacation:joy:

I am afraid not. My whole country is in lock down so I am also stuck at home too. I am searching the Internet for FJ/DH fan-fictions like crazy. I really like this one. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13520886/1/

It's an AU, basically what would have happened if DH and FJ met earlier, before she even had a crush on him. I recommended it! The author nailed DH  personality and it's really nice to see a different take on FJ.

If anyone has other recommendation, please, leave the link. It's a pity there are as many stories out there as they should.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, anzu_brief said:

I am afraid not. My whole country is in lock down so I am also stuck at home too. I am searching the Internet for FJ/DH fan-fictions like crazy. I really like this one. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13520886/1/

It's an AU, basically what would have happened if DH and FJ met earlier, before she even had a crush on him. I recommended it! The author nailed DH  personality and it's really nice to see a different take on FJ.

If anyone has other recommendation, please, leave the link. It's a pity there are as many stories out there as they should.

Hope you are doing well in your neck of the woods!:heart: And for that matter anyone else in the EloD discussion family

• Like 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, LovelyLady said:

I've to disagree. I like their outfits in this one more than TMOPB. Especially Donghua's, it really fits the picture I have of him when reading the novel. Personally, I prefer the aesthetics of ELoD. To each his own.

I think the ELOD outfits have a more dreamy effect so I prefer this one.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Found these pics, i dont know if they scrapped these scenes or i skipped it :D

for the costume, they are ok, they seem to want a dreamy effect...i think i would prefer a more color in aranyas dream (they wore white :D most of the time). I like dj costumes here in elod very much.

Though i understand fj us a simple girl so they got her simple dress, i wish she has better costume atleast during the bing cang ceremony.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Definitely that..I wants to know how he regained a single-mindedness in nine mentals abiding and also his awesomeness  unified all Realms.

Its partly due to his age. Time helps. Mo

Yuan is kinda close. He hasn’t had a real

relationship with women either. Block of wood matched with a fiery golden phoenix. Good luck! Chemistry might smoke up. Looking forward to Lian Song and Mo Yuan’s story over the next 5 years 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Its partly due to his age. Time helps. Mo

Yuan is kinda close. He hasn’t had a real

relationship with women either. Block of wood matched with a fiery golden phoenix. Good luck! Chemistry might smoke up. Looking forward to Lian Song and Mo Yuan’s story over the next 5 years 

Seriously, the 3l3w universe is full of cradle robbing grandpas..... well at least MY wasn't successful with BQ and will now have someone more age appropriate :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

@jimmylyne and @Ninky My personal take is that DH fooled them all. He was weary of life and disinterested in pretty much anything, so everybody thought he had gained single mindedness. But he was just lazy and bored. Plus, he knew people would want to take advantage of him. So he pretended to be above human concerns and hat's how he got everyone to leave him alone.

But seeing his thoughts in the book and how he behaves with FJ, it's clear that he is very much human.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 5

@anzu_brief yeah DH from the surface seemed rather detached before he met FJ. FJ injected life into his world. He wasn't lazy, I think he just realised he didn't care for the day to day routine duties. He was productive, he kept busy by making things.

Previously he appeared to live for the sole purpose of saving the world. FJ helped DH to see the world in a different way, that he too can enjoy little moments in what seems to be a long and repetitive life span.

When FJ left, DJ no longer cared to live, because she took that spark away. DJ couldn't go back to living that lonely existence. 

• Like 6
  • Love 6

@anzu_brief Too many see only DH as someone to curry favours, protection, and help from. Few would see him as a friend or an equal. Most are in awe of his status, history, and strength. It is not surprising that he is jaded when most wanted to use him for their advantage if he lets them. 

FJ on the other hand does her best to help him, doesn't leave matters to him entirely (Ep30). She relies with herself and with her own capabilities. She might feel fear, but she will still step up for anyone that needs protection. That's novelty for DH who always had to do the defending for others.

Being isolated and missing out on life's simple pleasures for too long, he would then see FJ as beacon for happiness. There's more to life now other than his hobbies and being a quiet hero, there's now someone who truly cares for him and loves him. Someone who will never take advantage of his stature, and the only one who can be his beloved empress.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@anzu_brief Too many see only DH as someone to curry favours, protection, and help from. Few would see him as a friend or an equal. Most are in awe of his status, history, and strength. It is not surprising that he is jaded when most wanted to use him for their advantage if he lets them. 

FJ on the other hand does her best to help him, doesn't leave matters to him entirely (Ep30). She relies with herself and with her own capabilities. She might feel fear, but she will still step up for anyone that needs protection. That's novelty for DH who always had to do the defending for others.

Being isolated and missing out on life's simple pleasures for too long, he would then see FJ as beacon for happiness. There's more to life now other than his hobbies and being a quiet hero, there's now someone who truly cares for him and loves him. Someone who will never take advantage of his stature, and the only one who can be his beloved empress.

What a beautiful comment. Indeed, no wonder DH fell for FJ. She is exactly what he had been missing his whole life. Plus, she has a huge motherly instinct and comes from a close knit family. DH will not be lonely anymore.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, vivi0303 said:

Hope you are doing well in your neck of the woods!:heart: And for that matter anyone else in the EloD discussion family

Thank you! :heart: Be safe everyone!

Though there's no lockdown where I am, many places where it can get crowded like cinemas and parks, even beaches, are now closed. Nurseries and schools are suspended since the beginning of this month. We can still go out, but chose not to unless very necessary. Fortunately, we don't lack for stores and pharmacies nearby, and it's very easy to shop online for grocery items.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

@Ninky would be able give you the plot and more details. I don't do WIP remember? :tounge_wink:

@vivi0303 All I know is that a young DH has messy hair!! 

@jimmylyne MIU MIU 

I am slowly plodding thru Bodhi Steps.... Give me sometime to highlight key findings @jimmylyne...we will keep you all posted as I believe Ninky is trying to look thru some other sources to get you some answers. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, anzu_brief said:

Thanks! I love such fanfiction. Please share more if u see such ones. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

I definitely think DH's wig suits his face more in ELoD. The one in TMOPB made his face look wide and older somehow.

Agree! I prefer the antennae behind the ears rather than in front. I also thought Lian Song looks better here than in TMOPB - his look reminded me of a ninja turtle head in that show haha. 

• LOL 7