[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

my comprehension is not good.. :innocent:

an excerptions of PB 2 page 435

In the first mortal world, Fengjiu gave birth to Bai Gungun. Afterward, she
moved to a different mortal world every three years. Although magical
spells could easily backfire in the mortal realm and she was therefore
restricted in her usage of magic, she was fortunately smart and good with
the sword, and so she fared pretty well living among the humans.
Within 200 years, she had opened a restaurant in the city, run a bookstore
in town, kept a convenience store in the market, and put up a tea shop in
the countryside. She was sometimes a shopkeeper, sometimes a helper. She
had earned rouge money from the brothel girls at Yihong House and made
money from fortune-telling to the ladies at the local temple. After nearly
ten places, it felt as if she was really cultivating in the mortal realm. She
kept cultivating like that until she felt that she had seen all there was to see
in the ways of the world.

Its the time translation pointed out in ELOD that messes it up. In the book it was clear FJ stayed 200 years in mortal realm and gone in heaven realm for 200 yrs (stated by ZL). That's equal parallel of time.

But because of the time translation in ELOD that 1day in heaven is 1yr in mortal realm we can calculate two time table.

If FJ is 200 yrs in mortal realm, then she was just approx 6 1/2 mo gone in heaven (200yrs in mortal realm/360 days in a year in heaven). They can pull this off in the drama but DH looking for FJ from heaven will not be a great deal anymore.

If FJ is 200 yrs gone in heaven, then she stayed in mortal realm for 72,000yrs (200yrs x 360 days in heaven). This is a bit inappropriate for the series.

It just raised inconsistencies. They should just cut that out.

Its gets a little weird thinking about if your not used to parallel world time lapse plot. Narnia is the only thing I can think of right now but some anime has good time translation of parallel worlds.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

:heart::heart: Stars are shooting from my eyes, my heart, my lungs and my liver!!! Such a sweet BTS!!

You are my destiny ......... Arghhh....... I never thought I'd hear this ........ You are my destiny!!

Runs around in circles ..... :blush:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

Its the time translation pointed out in ELOD that messes it up. In the book it was clear FJ stayed 200 years in mortal realm and gone in heaven realm for 200 yrs (stated by ZL). That's equal parallel of time.

But because of the time translation in ELOD that 1day in heaven is 1yr in mortal realm we can calculate two time table.

If FJ is 200 yrs in mortal realm, then she was just approx 6 1/2 mo gone in heaven (200yrs in mortal realm/360 days in a year in heaven). They can pull this off in the drama but DH looking for FJ from heaven will not be a great deal anymore.

If FJ is 200 yrs gone in heaven, then she stayed in mortal realm for 72,000yrs (200yrs x 360 days in heaven). This is a bit inappropriate for the series.

It just raised inconsistencies. They should just cut that out.

Its gets a little weird thinking about if your not used to parallel world time lapse plot. Narnia is the only thing I can think of right now but some anime has good time translation of parallel worlds.

Just assume it is 200 immortal years. BfJ is around 32,000 to 35,000 immortal years old so 200 immortal years is almost like yesterday to them. But to DJ 200 years felt like eternity without her and he thought he was going to die making it worse.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

I am a Chinese so I know some. 

A day in heaven is a year in mortal realm. Fengjiu is 32000years old and Dijun is around 300000years old.Their son Bai Gun Gun will appear in ep53/54 as a 200years old boy with silver hair and raised by Fengjiu alone in the mortal realm.Especially, the ending is already out on Weibo.

• Like 2

Hey everyone,

For those who are wondering how pillow book is doing on the charts. The pillow book is still number 1 one the v linkage charts. Dilraba is still number 1 on the top trending celebrity list. I didn’t see GAO Weiguang on the list. Glad to see Dilraba still at Number 1.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

On 14 March 2020 at 11:45 AM, Ninky said:

Its a 3 year pregnancy, Gun Gun was 197 years old when he first met his Dad :)

I'm a bit confuse of the fairyland's calendar, Cheng Yu said that 1 yr in mortal realm is equivalent to 1 day in fairyland. Gun Gun's age is 197 yrs old, is that based on mortal realm calendar or fairyland?

If GG's age is based on mortal realm so 197 yrs= 197 days in fairyland. If fairyland also has 30 days in a month, and 12 months in a year, so in fairyland, 197days/30 days = 6.5 months. But GG doesn't look like a 6 month infant. :sweat_smile:

On the other hand, if GG's age is based on the fairyland year, so 197 yrs, 1 yr fairyland = 365 yrs in mortal realm, therefore 197 yrs fairyland times 365 = 71,905 yrs in mortal realm? Did FJ and GG stayed that long in mortal realm?? :joy:

BTW, does my computation make sense or everything I've said doesn't make any sense?:joy:

• LOL 5

13 minutes ago, Ninky said:

U me same

Spoiler

Drama production politics aside, her HE with XY made me quite speechless. I thought by the way the interactions between XY and Jielu is going, they were foreshadowing something. Guess, maybe not eh? So, what is the point of showing XYxJL? One does have to wonder what JHxXY HE scene (which took away 5 mins of our precious DF couple screen time) contributed to the story? What is the moral of the story here? From XY's POV, as long as you are faithful and blindly love someone, then you will be each other's OTP? Or from JH's POV, it doesn't matter what you do, the one who love you will always forgive you for whatever sins you have committed and you will get a HE?

• Like 4

I just found this super hot NFSW pix of Vengo (Modern Day Dijun hehe) on weibo. I thought I would share it with you to make up for the blanket ep/scene. He basically has on only a button up shirt and his underwear. OMG, I hope I dont get in trouble for posting it LOL. I thought since were coming to the end of the drama, this is the prolly the best time to post it. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Click at your own risk LOL  :blink:

@Yori Ten

Thanks for posting that vid (think it was Harper's Bazaar) where Vengo is drawing the little fox I really loved that vid. :)

And special thanks to everyone for keeping this thread going. :wub: I will miss reading everyone's comments when the drama ends next week.

Heres a vid of BTS of Vengo & Reba singing :)

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/IyIJqBZEw?fid=1034:4482750770774042

• Like 3
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

:heart::heart: Stars are shooting from my eyes, my heart, my lungs and my liver!!! Such a sweet BTS!!

You are my destiny ......... Arghhh....... I never thought I'd hear this ........ You are my destiny!!

Runs around in circles ..... :blush:

yes, they are such cuties even if they are holding back with their interactions :D i cant imagine anyone else being dj and fj. They need to wait like 10 years before they ever remake ELOD.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BaiZiHua said:

I just found this super hot NFSW pix of Vengo (Modern Day Dijun hehe) on weibo. I thought I would share it with you to make up for our blanket scene. He basically has on only a button up shirt and his underwear. OMG, I hope I dont get in trouble for posting it LOL. I thought since were coming to the end of the drama, this is the prolly the best time to post it. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

OMG!!!! How risque!!! 

• Like 2
  • Naughty 2
  • Love 1

Watching back where Feng Jiu was receiving her first two suitors and casting them away with tricks. It was interesting that a third one came as soon as the other two went away. This one she did not get rid so easily though and had to drink tea with him. Nice to view as Dong Hua came along as a potential suitor because he too is an eligible bachelor in the 9th Heavens too.

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Watching back where Feng Jiu was receiving her first two suitors and casting them away with tricks. It was interesting that a third one came as soon as the other two went away. This one she did not get rid so easily though and had to drink tea with him. Nice to view as Dong Hua came along as a potential suitor because he too is an eligible bachelor in the 9th Heavens too.

The scene was so funny when she greeted him with the tipped teapot. And the tea was all over the floor. LOLOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

19 minutes ago, BaiZiHua said:

I just found this super hot NFSW pix of Vengo (Modern Day Dijun hehe) on weibo. I thought I would share it with you to make up for the blanket ep/scene. He basically has on only a button up shirt and his underwear. OMG, I hope I dont get in trouble for posting it LOL. I thought since were coming to the end of the drama, this is the prolly the best time to post it. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

@Yori Ten

Thanks for posting that vid (think it was Harper's Bazaar) where Vengo is drawing the little fox I really loved that vid. :)

And special thanks to everyone for keeping this thread going. :wub: I will miss reading everyone's comments when the drama ends next week.

You're welcome!

And to think that V must have undergone total body hair removal for his role as DH ... shudders....:warning:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Ninky said:

Here’s the pic of Tanq Qi’s visualisation of the hot spring scene at Tai Chen Palace in the book. This is by her artist and is found in Tanq Qi’s Pillowbook official publication, naughty naughty :naughty::

ahem, water was transparent...

Nice art in the book, comic art may satisfy our ‘thirsty needs’ since we could not get the enough ‘naughtiness’ from the drama, if only there artists who could complete the story. :naughty:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, XiaoDong said:

I'm a bit confuse of the fairyland's calendar, Cheng Yu said that 1 yr in mortal realm is equivalent to 1 day in fairyland. Gun Gun's age is 197 yrs old, is that based on mortal realm calendar or fairyland?

If GG's age is based on mortal realm so 197 yrs= 197 days in fairyland. If fairyland also has 30 days in a month, and 12 months in a year, so in fairyland, 197days/30 days = 6.5 months. But GG doesn't look like a 6 month infant. :sweat_smile:

On the other hand, if GG's age is based on the fairyland year, so 197 yrs, 1 yr fairyland = 365 yrs in mortal realm, therefore 197 yrs fairyland times 365 = 71,905 yrs in mortal realm? Did FJ and GG stayed that long in mortal realm?? :joy:

BTW, does my computation make sense or everything I've said doesn't make any sense?:joy:

Yeah I was wondering that also all this time too but my old brain just broke in trying to understand this kind of simple maths. Please someone with higher intellectual lay your light on this issue.:lol: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@jacquelinetan

Hi i love all your insights about the drama...i read all your comments on the other forums...I felt that Donghua was highly amused to BFJ when she cast them away with her tricks...so he played along when BFG mistakenly thought he was Migu...then it was funny when he remarked to BFJ to just pour in the tea on her if she wants to be a total mess... "..."

• Like 2
  • LOL 1