[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Few pages back (maybe more than few, we're moving really fast lol), someone asked about the secret behind Fuling flowers in DH's heart mentioned by ML. It is there in the drama, but not during the fight. It is after the fight, DH went to face real ML (not the incarnation) in episode 31. 

ML-1.jpg

ML-2.jpg

ML-3.jpg

ML-4.jpg

ML-5.jpg

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

That's the thing. It was implied that DH would know. In the book, TQ made it clear that JH was the one who asked for DH to see her.

In other words, the drama totally changed JH's underhanded tactics. It made her out to be the victim rather than the aggressor. That's why there was a discussion going round on why JH in the drama is a love hero and that DH abandoned her. Book readers know the truth but drama viewers sympathized her. 

I can see where they're coming from. The drama really didn't potray her the way the book did. 

Hold up, someone actually said JH is a love hero. What the richard simmons is wrong with their brain? What did she ever do for DH? And to think that she thought she was better than FJ. :angry: She's only  at the receiving end, bringing nothing but bad luck at the expense of her father's merit. She's the most obnoxious selfish person ever. Thanks to venomous DH tongue, when he lashed at her I was so satisfied. And when he tossed her back to her brother, I was cheering. 

"

Edited by They Sick
Correct the episode
  • Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 4

@Yori Ten Their comprehension is scary, LOL. The love heroines there are FJ, and Aranya. They both gave their all to protect the people they love and care for.

Please. Never was JH a love heroine. Now, if they describe her as a self-centred old brat, then we're talking. Hahaha. In reality, be it in the series and book, she's a hateful character, a scheming, obnoxious, harbinger of misfortunes and heartaches to DH and FJ. 

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 4

10 hours ago, MCrisD2020 said:

True, and everytime I watch her, she looked like a witch to me. I’m sorry, but even my teenage son said so. Maybe it has something to do with the make up or something. :)

@MayanEcho 

Her cheekbones, IMO. When she's smiling. And her side profile isn't so pleasant to look at either. 

It's her face, that is appearing to de-form a bit after her plastic surgery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Ji Heng went to Mt Baishui to die. She was too heart broken hearing about DH x FJ marriage and wanted to die alone in sorrow. She knew very well that her poison will only deepend there and that would be the end of her life. She never expected DH to show up. She never expected DH to come and rescue her. Just like any other girl, she also wanted to find out if she has a place in DH's heart. By going to Mt Baishui, perhaps the answer could be found. Will DH come?

Character analysis of JH which I strongly disagree with!!

In the book, JH had asked for DH to see her one last time. In ELoD, this was never shown right? We just saw DH going to Mt Baishui but it was not revealed how he knew she was there? 

Where those analysis came from?

Pfff... whomever she/he is..most likely an avid fan or a stan of JH character..this person as delusional as JH character.

In drama the scripts writers did tonned down JH evilness , such as because of ML evil spells JH became evil..but even after she wasn't under ML spells anymore she somehow become even more delusional , she hurt FJ with her delusional story about pimpo fruit and DH.

In DH's eyes JH just a "mouse" 

EP 49   on 37:00 mark

"Just a mouse knocking a flowerpot" :joy:

• Like 1
  • Unamused 2
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, jimmylyne said:

Where those analysis came from?

Pfff... whomever she/he is..most likely an avid fan or a stan of JH character..this person as delusional as JH character.

In drama the scripts writers did tonned down JH evilness , such as because of ML evil spells JH became evil..but even after she wasn't under ML spells anymore she somehow become even more delusional , she hurt FJ with her delusional story about pimpo fruit and DH.

In DH's eyes JH just a "mouse" 

EP 49   on 37:00 mark

"Just a mouse knocking a flowerpot" :joy:

The post that started all the discussion was actually by the actress herself. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Unamused 2
  • LOL 4

Good morning everyone! Happy Easter to those celebrating and to those having a day off, enjoy a breather.

Someone asked @Yori Ten for updates on our translations of Tang Qi's post. This is the screenshot of our posts once the blog is launched at the end of this week (probably on Sunday). Latest is the first on the list (most recent post from TQ about 3L3W).

We have a few things not there in that list that you can look forward to: 1) Q&A in 2 parts (bound to be exciting for most of you as Tang Qi and Mi Gu sort out questions at the top of readers' minds). 2) a post about time differences between the mortal realm and the heavenly realm in the Three Lives Three World. 3) Prologue to Lotus Steps (and an extremely slow journey of translating Lotus Step  - now at Chapter 24 - last update from Tang Qi in January 2020; so if you decided to embark on this, be still your heart as it ends on a cliff hanger). FYI, the last post we made on this forum was the Timeline for 3L3W.

0c48bc4ec34eee6d.png

We hope that this answers your questions!

• Like 4
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 9

26 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

The post that started all the discussion was actually by the actress herself. :sweatingbullets:

What the actual richard simmons!! ( Cursed the filter.. haha I borrow your quote). Awoooo!!....Unbelievably! nutcase ..I thought she's the one who wants to portrayed FJ character badly..but now she stan JH character..

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1

I'm sure many viewers who did not read the book (myself included) DID NOT see JH as a love heroine. I repeat : DID NOT see JH as a love heroine :unamused:

So I also agree that maybe people were paid to leave such comments? Cos it's not surprising as it's been done before, there are people who get paid for leaving good reviews on products as well.

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 5

@jimmylyne @MayanEcho @chsaf That initial post have started a hail and fire storm. The discussion I am follwing now have over 1k comments. :sweatingbullets:

Suffice to say, she is one delusional character. Most of the comments refrained from her own personal character assassination which is quite rare within the CNetz community so that's the reason I am indulging with the battle. Had it all been a straight up shoot out at the actress, then the arguments won't carry much weighs. However, one cannot but think that the actress did misinterpreted JH's character and her own personal bias did interfered with the actual story telling.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

That's why there was a discussion going round on why JH in the drama is a love hero and that DH abandoned her. Book readers know the truth but drama viewers sympathized her. 

Seriously? :joy:  where in the multi-verse can they prove she was abandoned? :joy: :joy: 

• Unamused 3

29 minutes ago, chsaf said:

I'm sure many viewers who did not read the book (myself included) DID NOT see JH as a love heroine. I repeat : DID NOT see JH as a love heroine :unamused:

So I also agree that maybe people were paid to leave such comments? Cos it's not surprising as it's been done before, there are people who get paid for leaving good reviews on products as well.

I hope they got paid well :joy:

• LOL 4

6 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

Seriously? :joy:  where in the multi-verse can they prove she was abandoned? :joy: :joy: 

Ah, but we forget. Selfish love does exist in real life. And we see this reflected in the individuals who call JH a love hero. They see something in her that reflects their own personality traits, their own way of loving someone. To admit that JH is not a victim and instead the instigator/in the wrong is to admit that their love is also wrong.

Delulu people exist. There are all types of love, right or wrong depends on who is telling the story. These people, JH, the actress are obviously telling and trying to justify their narrative in this instance. Good luck to their significant others. May they all not end up like our lovable and pitiful XY.

• Like 5
  • Unamused 2

Calm down! She is the main plot device used to separate Dong Hua per the author's wishes. The author felt that Dong Hua needed to learn some hard lessons. So Ji Heng is there to deliver it. She is a very minor character and a very well used plot device. Such characters always exist in all books. Some are worth redemption, others are just not. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

30 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

As @vivi0303 said, love can come in all forms and people will have their own reasoning and interpretation to justify their love (no matter how absurd it sound to bystanders).

Hah, we are now talking about how lucky JH is actually since she is dealing with FJ and not BQ. Had it been BQ, her ending would have been not pretty at all.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Insightful 1

OK now is obvious the writers tried to portrait JH as a "victim of love" due to external requirements (the actres) she didn't got to play fengjiu part but she didn't wanted to play the bad so she though  this way  her character would have better acceptance in the audience, there is no other reason of why the production decided to change JH in this way but they didn't succed ,she should had embrace the bad roll , look at Miao luo the actress seemed to enjoy her rol and everyone loved her haha although miao Luo is more interesting than JH 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1