[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

9 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

Usually the remake doesn't success like the original which is the first version. However, this is the very first HSDS that i think it done successfully with Joseph & Yuki (WJ-MinMin) performance. I shouldn't think there be a negative and it not fair for Joseph as I think he have done a great job as WJ. I have also watched remake of ROCH 2017 but not really hooked like this one. I'm still re-watch nightly before I go to bed. Hope I'm normal.

I've rewatched a lot and replay so many MVs and scenes, its ridiculous!

2 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

i'm in the US and I'm still think about WJ-MinMin even when I'm at work. hahaha how crazy it is.

:lol:you r not alone, I live in the US too and re watched HSDS every nights and I can't stop thinking about the OTP.

• Like 2

Do you guys think all the Wudong's uncles are a bunch of useless hypocrite?  Maybe hypocrite is a little harsh to described them.  They all acted so ungraceful to WJ after all the things he did for them and Wudong Sect.   I know they have there right to be mad at ZM for locking them up at Wan An Temple and also trying to terminated Wudong Sect.  But I'm pretty sure ZM didn't mistreated them at Wan An Temple due to WJ and WJ was also able to save Wudong misfortune caused by ZM.  Especially the 6th uncle, WJ not only heals his crippled limps and also his young wife live saver.  He should be graceful and show a little respect and accept MM cup of tea when WJ ask her to serve tea to them.  This is just my opinon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jackieusa said:

Do you guys think all the Wudong's uncles are a bunch of useless hypocrite?  Maybe hypocrite is a little harsh to described them.  They all acted so ungraceful to WJ after all the things he did for them and Wudong Sect.   I know they have there right to be mad at ZM for locking them up at Wan An Temple and also trying to terminated Wudong Sect.  But I'm pretty sure ZM didn't mistreated them at Wan An Temple due to WJ and WJ was also able to save Wudong misfortune caused by ZM.  Especially the 6th uncle, WJ not only heals his crippled limps and also his young wife live saver.  He should be graceful and show a little respect and accept MM cup of tea when WJ ask her to serve tea to them.  This is just my opinon.

I think it is because ZM is the Princess of Monglia and since two sides are enemies...they can't accept her. That's the main reason...Indeed, they are too stubborn to accept her when they known she wanted to go against her father. If she is not the Princess from the beginning...maybe it would be different. I have to say they are too stubborn too. :persevere:

6 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

I agreed with you here. Because when MinMin know they are WJ uncles, she didn't hurt them at the Wan An temple and treated them different. I think over all they just don't like MinMin becasue she is a Mongolia's princess and at the beginning she try to terminated the wulin peoples, Ming's sect and other. I should think with all that WJ done for them at least they should accept that cup of teas from MinMin especially that WJ requested and that he respected them as their uncle. I feel sorry for MinMin when they rejected her and she just look at WJ. I noticed that WJ look sad too by looking at his face when he look at MinMin.

@Sooyun Ahgase and @bluesky888

Agreed with both of you that her identity as a Mongolian Princess is probably the main reason for there rejection of MM.  If they love WJ enough like they always claimed they do, they should accept and respect WJ choices.  Even XX was able to judge a book not by it cover and accepted MM for WJ.  

29 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Oh yeah. I think the 6th uncle richard simmons me off the most.

3 hours ago, AppleBanana said:

Ooo. What are the rumors? And i'm curious if this did better than ROCH 2017 as well.

Sorry just checked and it was in the spcnet discussion by Piyemingo:

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php/40534-The-Heaven-Sword-and-Dragon-Saber-2018/page104

You can see the discussion about halfway down the page!  It's pretty complex!

My view on why everyone finds this OTP so compelling is two things

1) Joseph rocks:    
He has a very warm and expressive style.  He comes across as "piercingly genuine" in his scenes and ok, sometmes it's a little too much (i.e., he looks naive, but that's right for ZWJ!) Honestly I think Yukeeisn't quite as strong as Joseph on the acting front (even the kiss scene, the look before and after and her static in-between sigh... in the MV that compares kisses across versions, I'm reminded of how dynamic Gigi's ZM was.)but as everyone notices, Joseph's expressive gazes and smiles and general warmth carries the OTP day!*

2) The script gives space of OTP relationship development in a more nuanced way than most HSDS:

This is written so that the characters are mostly very sympathetic and 3-dimensional (a little politics, a little family, a little attitude) and there's a lot of space for OTP relationship development that's not too forced.  And it's not twisted too much to generate angst (although maybe a little too much at points).

Back to watching MV's endlessly- my mind has my daily events as background music and foreground action is filled with our OTP. :wub:

* A lot of kudos also to the director, because I think Joseph doesn't look as awesome in other clips from other dramas, so I assume it's the director that's giving him pointers on how to convey the quinessentially genuine, loving, open-hearted quality that everyone loves about ZWJ!

• Like 4

Can you guys imagine what kind of miserable life WJ have if he actually marry ZR?  Can WJ still pretend nothing had happen and treated her the same way if he find out the crime she committed on Snake Island ?  What worse, ZR might convince or push him to be the next emperor.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Can you guys imagine what kind of miserable life WJ have if he actually marry ZR?  Can WJ still pretend nothing had happen and treated her the same way if he find out the crime she committed on Snake Island ?  What worse, ZR might convince or push him to be the next emperor.  

He probably dind't know until he asked her to wonder after he done. ZR responded to him that she want to be the Ermei leader as it her Sifu wish and you can tell he disappointed when he heard that. That probably why he try to delay the wedding. Luckily our princess come at the right time.

Hahaha come on you all, I know most of us here love our OTP but ZM was pretty ruthless and cunning in the beginning, for Wudang people to be wary of her I think it's normal.

1. ZM is a Mongolian princess, daughter of probably in this version anyway the best general the dynasty have. I think anybody will be wary

2. ZM did poison all the wulin people to make them kneel to the dynasty and she cut their fingers if they lost the mock fight. We will never know whether she will kill them eventually but there is a possibility. Also Wudang is just being sympathetic to their peers, just because is not your finger being cut, doesn't mean you can't feel the pain

3. ZM also try to poison ZWJ and party, if not because of ZWJ knowledge of medicine/poison pretty sure she will succeed

4. In addition she did crippled 6th uncle bones, even if later on she heal him and 3rd uncle it still doesn't negate the original act.

5. ZM did ordered her subordinate to injured ZSF badly, the fact that ZWJ never mention it, it's just shows what a forgiving person he is.

So yeah Wudang uncles not receptive to ZM is understandable, she did a lot of shady stuffs. Also during this time, I think SYQ is so done with all these young women leading his son and nephew astray:sweatingbullets:, he also hated ZZR so much by this point, you should see how he rolled his eyes so hard when ZZR came to Wudang in earlier eps lol

The one that irks me more is the scene where ZWJ's uncle try to kill ZM in shaolin and the fact most of the Ming sect is dog piling on ZWJ. The fact that they believe Cheng Kun's words more than what they see with their own eyes regarding ZM-ZWJ just shows me how racist Ming sect are by this time. They rather believe a known despicable person all around that kill their leader, raping/killing XX's family and a freaking traitor to your people than ZM, just make me want to throw them all off a cliff:rage:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

19 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

The one that irks me more is the scene where ZWJ's uncle try to kill ZM in shaolin and the fact most of the Ming sect is dog piling on ZWJ. The fact that they believe Cheng Kun's words more than what they see with their own eyes regarding ZM-ZWJ just shows me how racist Ming sect are by this time. They rather believe a known despicable person all around that kill their leader, raping/killing XX's family and a freaking traitor to your people than ZM, just make me want to throw them all off a cliff:rage:

With you on that one.  I think we definitely get a sense that the 6 sects, including Wudang, and Ming sect are all... very, very flawed. 

On a side note: This is MV of a photo shoot by Yukee and she looks AWESOME here!  Pretend you're watching ZM - certainly Yukee here is bewitchingly cool!

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av47431422/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.0

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Hahaha come on you all, I know most of us here love our OTP but ZM was pretty ruthless and cunning in the beginning, for Wudang people to be wary of her I think it's normal.

1. ZM is a Mongolian princess, daughter of probably in this version anyway the best general the dynasty have. I think anybody will be wary

2. ZM did poison all the wulin people to make them kneel to the dynasty and she cut their fingers if they lost the mock fight. We will never know whether she will kill them eventually but there is a possibility. Also Wudang is just being sympathetic to their peers, just because is not your finger being cut, doesn't mean you can't feel the pain

3. ZM also try to poison ZWJ and party, if not because of ZWJ knowledge of medicine/poison pretty sure she will succeed

4. In addition she did crippled 6th uncle bones, even if later on she heal him and 3rd uncle it still doesn't negate the original act.

5. ZM did ordered her subordinate to injured ZSF badly, the fact that ZWJ never mention it, it's just shows what a forgiving person he is.

So yeah Wudang uncles not receptive to ZM is understandable, she did a lot of shady stuffs. Also during this time, I think SYQ is so done with all these young women leading his son and nephew astray:sweatingbullets:, he also hated ZZR so much by this point, you should see how he rolled his eyes so hard when ZZR came to Wudang in earlier eps lol

Hahaha...I'm the one who started it.  I love reading your input.  Please keep them coming.  I know I'm blind sighted of all the ruthless and cunning things she does in the beginning.  I just love the OTP too much.:sweatingbullets:  Now that I think about it, WJ is such a incredible forgivable person.  What more he even fall head over heels in love with her.   I don't think such a human exist in this world.:lol:

4 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Hahaha...I'm the one who started it.  I love reading your input.  Please keep them coming.  I know I'm blind sighted of all the ruthless and cunning things she does in the beginning.  I just love the OTP too much.:sweatingbullets:  Now that I think about it, WJ is such a incredible forgivable person.  What more he even fall head over heels in love with her.   I don't think such a human exist in this world.:lol:

Since he a forgivable person that why MM felt in love with him madly  even sacrifice a lot for him. I think he just love her as much she love him. It just deep inside of him not showing his love. I also like all those scene that when MinMin hold his hand and she like to hold his hand a lots.

• Like 1