Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

Somebody knows when will realese on netflix? 

Because if what I read was okay, it was supposed to realese since today :unsure::crazy:

Ps. Sorry my english is not perfect

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Camilee said:

Somebody knows when will realese on netflix? 

Because if what I read was okay, it was supposed to realese since today :unsure::crazy:

Ps. Sorry my english is not perfect

If I am not mistaken, it has been airing since a couple of weeks ago. So you must be able to watch it on Netflix now?

• Like 1

Episode 16 sub is now released! Enjoy~

huhuhu it's over~ I'm #sobbingintherain 

I'd like to thank the pretty unnies and our only namja dongsaeng of Subbing in the Rain team

Translators: @stroppyse @yaselin @jadecloud @Bissu @semplice

Timers: @samecut123 @yaselin @ysaputri @cawaiimonster @leesja@Harukogirl @mandy77777 @daydreamer115 @SennaR @blitz06

QCs: @jeijei @Harukogirl@jadecloud @semplice

• Like 10
  • Thanks 13

Excelente drama. Muy romántico, la música que decir.

La única crítica es que el escritor no debiera haber presentado esta separación casi al final de la serie.

Aunque en un rato más veré último capítulo subtitulado en español (Chile) creo que tb no fué más desarrollado el tema del acoso de la oficina(tema que en >Chile está uff saliendo a la luz pero muchísimo, de hecho Universidad de mi hijo en paro). 

Finalmente fue lindo de todas maneras,él se robó la película con su carita de niño transparente, llenó  de amor su personaje.

Ojalá tengamos un drama de este nivel en lo que queda del año. :blush::heart::heart:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jeijei said:

I'd like to thank the pretty unnies and our only namja dongsaeng of Subbing in the Rain team

Timers: @samecut123 @yaselin @ysaputri @cawaiimonster @leesja@Harukogirl @mandy77777 @daydreamer115 @SennaR @blitz06

Thank you very very much. I watched ep 15 with your sub and the sub is really really good. Thank you very much for you hardwork, guys.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jeijei said:

You are all our wonderful angels! THANK YOU SO MUCH.... :blush:

tumblr_p915j2Zm5I1rx0r81o1_540.gif

• Like 8

First of all, I want to thank the chinggus who has tirelessly provided us with updates and subs for this drama. Thank you so much.

This drama, in my opinion, depicts reality which is why most of us can relate. I’ll be honest, that there was a point in the drama where I questioned myself whether it was still worth watching. It hits too close to home... So I decided to stick around and just read between the lines and understand how the characters evolved for 16 episodes. 

1. Jin Ah - There were times when she drove me insane with her decisions. Most of us have pointed out that she’s of age and that she should stick up for what she wants but her character personality was a people pleaser. She did everything to please everyone around her and for her, that was the norm. She didn’t know how else to live her life. Until Joon Hee came to her life and challenge her. There was a scene when she was talking to her Manager and Joon-Hee was sitting at the other table. “She said that there’s someone that wants to protect her and worries about her and she wants to help him so she can put his mind at ease.” I think that’s what she tried to do through-out the drama with her white lies that seem spineless to most of us.. When she finally was driven off the cliff, by Joon Hee again, she let the steam off her chest and told him off... She did the same with her mom when she was saying good bye. She didn’t yell at her but she told her the truth that she still feels responsible for all the pain and animosity with her best friend and the man she loves. She’s so relatable that I almost saw myself in her.

2. Jin Ah Mother - My grandmother opposed my relationship with a guy and they did everything to cut our ties and she told me, that’s what parents do. If they feel in their heart, that you deserve something else, they will try to stand in your way. Jin Ah mom at the end said that as well. She was adamant about what she thought Jin Ah deserves and not just Korean cultures but all cultures parents ask what do you do, your family background etc. They may not be a prick about it as Jin Ah mom was, but some are... She depicts a strong willed mother who is blinded by material things.

3. Finally, Seo Joon Hee - I love his character and Jung Hae In portrayed him well. There’s nothing that can stop a man in love.... Granted that he’s had a lot of moments of weakness, like going to America, trying to be the knight in shining armour when she moved out, hiding the fact that he went to beat up the creepy ex boyfriend. He was a fairytale. But after you wake up from all of that, the problem still exist and they both tried to figure stuff out...

The ending was bittersweet. I still feel a big lump in my heart. I wanted the ending to have a wedding etc... But them standing out in the beach, watching the sunset is the perfect ending. The cinematography, the music is soooo perfect... 

Now as we go back to reality, I am praying that SYJ and JHI can get married in real life... The age gap is there but what the heck, love conquers all ; p

• Like 14

3 hours ago, kdramaaddict23 said:

Now as we go back to reality, I am praying that SYJ and JHI can get married in real life... The age gap is there but what the heck, love conquers all ; p

I believe that many people are expecting the same as you.

They both look very fit. And it will be a beautiful couple. :wub:

20180521_170453_6727.jpg

20180521_170457_7215.jpg

I love this couple. They both look very real couple in love.

:blush:

20180521_170501_5368.jpg

• Like 14

Son Ye Jin, she is charming. All the past works. I followed her through.

She is very amazing. I love all her work, I love her and will love her forever.

❤¸.•*""*•.¸❤ ❤¸.•*""*•.¸❤ ❤¸.*-*

20180521_171717_6194.jpg

20180521_171721_3387.jpg

• Like 11

7 hours ago, ChiraM said:

Son Ye Jin, cô ấy rất quyến rũ. Tất cả các tác phẩm trong quá khứ. Tôi theo cô ấy qua.

Cô ấy rất tuyệt vời. Tôi yêu tất cả công việc của mình, tôi yêu cô ấy và sẽ yêu cô ấy mãi mãi.

❤¸. • * "" * • .¸❤ ❤¸. • * "" * • .¸❤ ❤¸. * - *

In this moment, in the last scene ... she was cried with swollen eyes! She was really JA. Love her so much!

I remember JHI was in Beaksang red carpet, he was awaiting SYJ when she was taken photo, the smiles and affectionate eyes of those who are in love. 

So, I wish "Some thing in the rain" come true love, in real life. 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images since it slows down page load for everyone. Thanks.
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, sunshinefate said:

Son Ye Jin's IG update. Sorry I can not read hangul lol

Is she the writer?

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images since it slows down page load for everyone. Thanks.
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, somethingitr said:

Is she the writer?

No. She is SYJ’s best friend, actress Um Ji Won. She came to “prett noona” filming site to support SYJ.

i don’t think the writer will show her face :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, sunshinefate said:

Son Ye Jin's IG update. Sorry I can not read hangul lol

Caption translation:

My love~ Ji Won Unnie. Visiting the shooting set, even bringing the staff socks... Thank you Thank you. I love you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

I finally got to see ep 16 with Eng subs. OK, I need some help! Did I miss something somewhere? Did the Eng subs translate correctly? Did the mom say it was JA/JH idea to break up, it was their decision and she told her husband not to drag her name into it? Did she later tell JA that it was their idea to break up, because THEY had problems, why blame her?  My mouth dropped! Whoaaaaa, can someone help me out here cause perhaps I read the subs wrong. UGH! I feel like the writer had a mental block in explaining all this revelation. How can JA's mom have a lack of awareness in the severity of her involvement/contribution in opposing their relationship? I mean JA even moved away from home. When they broke up, she should've been happily taking bows. This writer really baffles me. Now that I read the subs for the "I'm sorry" from JA's mom, shouldn't her explanation have been more appropriate for a 8-10 years ago time period? If she was so set on her daughter marrying status, she should have known in SK elite world, JA was a bit old to be marketed for a chaebol's son's wife at 35. JA is now 38, what's the difference between 35 and 38 to finally let go?

The way ep 16 dialogue was unveiling between the characters, I feel like I'm missing an episode. When JH is talking to SC after the wedding...SC says JH went crazy after the breakup...What did he do? I would have like to have seen this. Did it happen while in SK or US? Was he referring to dating while still in love with JA? Or did he do something else? I'm picturing other craziness with JH's temper. Plus how does SC know JH had relationships lasting not more than 3 months? Did JH report to him? In fact their whole conversation was to update the viewers about JH for the past 3 years. The writer was a bit lazy to not have filmed these scenes. We missed out on the journey. A huge opportunity was also missed to showcase great acting from SYJ and JHI had they been given the chance to act out some of their difficulties post breakup...Let's face it, these two are really good actors and they would have been amazing portraying their heartache scenes that were only described in dialogue to us viewers. This drama was meant to showcase a real romance so it would have tugged at our hearts to share the full story. Another thing, I know there was a time jump, but how is it that the conversations at the main office when JA goes to resign all sound like everything just happened a few months ago?  3 years is a long time...The dialogue seemed off for the period of time that passed.

Please don't misunderstand, I LOVE this drama, we just didn't get to go on their full journey. YSJ and JHI have once again, proven themselves as talented actors. Their performance was as authentic as rl. PD Ahn filmed the parts scripted really well. As for the writer...I'd like to be delusional and blame it on something like JTBC's placing too much pressure on her. Due to all the attention and success of the earlier episodes she had to change her approach or keep questioning herself:huh: Regardless, I hope this drama will receive the credit it deserves as one of the most memorable romances.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

16 hours ago, quachvan said:

So, I wish "Some thing in the rain" come true love, in real life. 

I was expecting that.

We should wait for the good news 555+.

:grimace:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, sscllccrazy said:

I finally got to see ep 16 with Eng subs. OK, I need some help! Did I miss something somewhere? Did the Eng subs translate correctly? Did the mom say it was JA/JH idea to break up, it was their decision and she told her husband not to drag her name into it? Did she later tell JA that it was their idea to break up, because THEY had problems, why blame her? 

This was translated correctly. JA's mother was referring to the fact that she had not been able to split them up when she was trying. Instead JA had defied her mother to continue seeing JH and had even moved out. So, from the mother's point of view, JA and JH ultimately splitting up was not because of the success of JA's mother making JA see sense, but rather because JA and JH met an obstacle of their own making that they couldn't resolve.

Of course, if JA"s mother had not been so toxic, then JA and JH's relationship could have gone along a more normal path, but JA's mother is refusing to consider that since she still does not think that JH was a good enough match for her daughter.

How can JA's mom have a lack of awareness in the severity of her involvement/contribution in opposing their relationship? I mean JA even moved away from home. When they broke up, she should've been happily taking bows. This writer really baffles me.

It made sense to me that given JA's mother's personality that she would react like this, and technically, I think she is right in that she did not succeed on splitting them up as she wanted. Ultimately, it was JA and JH's lack of trust in the relationship as well as what they wanted for themselves and each other that led to a failure, even if it was fomented by JA's mother's extremely nasty opposition.

At least, JA's father accepts that it was their fault that led to JA and JH experiencing the kind of stresses that they did to ultimately cause them to break up.

Now that I read the subs for the "I'm sorry" from JA's mom, shouldn't her explanation have been more appropriate for a 8-10 years ago time period? If she was so set on her daughter marrying status, she should have known in SK elite world, JA was a bit old to be marketed for a chaebol's son's wife at 35. JA is now 38, what's the difference between 35 and 38 to finally let go?

I've always thought that JA's mother reactions were more appropriate if JA were still in her 20's then mid-30's, but given how the story has been told, I do think there is a difference between JA at 35 and JA at 38.  JA at 35 had had a suitable boyfriend with an appropriate background. Remember that JA's mother doesn't know what a jerk and a rapist-to-be that GM was. So, she's thinking that JA could go back to GM, or if she really won't go back to GM, then that JA could still snag someone else.

At 38, JA has snagged someone else who is acceptable to her parents, and then she breaks up with him, and in effect tells her parents that she's not only not interested in getting married, but she's going to go live on remote Jeju Island where she will probably not run into any eligible men. So, now JA is almost 40 and looking to stay single. If a woman in her 30's finds it difficult to get married, then a woman in her 40's is really considered not suitable, especially because she is becoming too old to safely have children. Also, JA is moving herself far away from her mother's clutches, so that the mother can't harangue her into conforming. So, JA's mother is finally accepting that her plans to have her daughter married suitably are coming to nought.

I do agree that there is a whole chunk of post-break up for both JA and JH that we didn't get to see. Rather, we're given their pasts in dialogue. JA's conversation with BR and her angry defense of herself to JH shows us how JA was after the break up. JH's conversation with SC shows us what JH had been like post break up. I can imagine that SC had to deal with JH until JH left for the States, and even while JH was living in America, they probably kept in touch with email and SNS. So, SC probably had a good idea of JH's antics.

In fact, I think it was one of my peeves with this writer that the physical separation immediately meant that they had to break up. Wouldn't JH had pled with JA a few times to reconsider or to come up with a Plan B to stay together? As much as he loved her, would he really walk away from her because she would drop everything to follow him even knowing that she loves him back? Would JA stay away from JH, absolutely refusing to talk to him, knowing that he had been trying to do it so that they could be together because he loved her? That just doesn't make sense to me. In this day of video messaging, SNS, email, phone, and casual plane travel, breaking up because they were going to be physically separated for awhile didn't make sense to me at all. It's such a throwback to dramas of the 80's or 90's where physical separation that led to never seeing other again was more plausible. Wouldn't they have stayed in touch while they worked out how and when they could be together?

If anything, I think the twist should have been that they register their marriage, even knowing that they were going to have to deal with being separated for awhile. Then, they could have given us scenes of fun, passionate reunions rather than filming a new flashback sequence.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The latest long interview of PD Ahn Pan Seok.

If google is right lol...  He praised JHI/ SYJ , talked about fans'critisicm and said that he and SYJ got the whole drama scripts since October last year. He gonna produce new drama beginning next year. 

Part1:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002790173

Part 2: 

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002790174

Part 3:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002790175

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” PD Talks About Why He Cast Jung Hae In And Son Ye Jin

Ahn-Pan-Seok-Son-Ye-Jin-Jung-Hae-In.jpg

The producing director (PD) of the drama “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” has shared his reasons for casting stars Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin!

In an interview with news outlet Ilgan Sports, PD Ahn Pan Seok talked about working with the two actors on the hit JTBC drama, which came to an end on May 19. He revealed that he had been determined to cast Son Ye Jin as his leading lady from the very start, explaining, “[Son Ye Jin] is a one-of-a-kind actress. She has a positive energy. In order to capture the viewers’ attention, an actor’s presence alone needs to be powerful, and she’s an actress who has that kind of power. She’s been able to bring to life every production in which she’s appeared

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/23/pretty-noona-buys-food-pd-talks-cast-jung-hae-son-ye-jin/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3