Ayame

Ah this thread is so peaceful and respectful towards one another which is why our thread has so many lurkers. I hope we can continue to discuss and decipher stuff related to our OTP in such manners. And where is LMK? He's gone MIA for weeks now. I really wish he would do some magazine photoshoot because I'm dying to know what his thoughts are about the drama, co-stars, next project etc.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, velvetine said:

Ah, thanks a lot for clearing that up, dear! It's not as obvious to us since we have zero Korean writing knowledge so all we could do was look at the shape, not the exact words, like looking at a hieroglpyh lol :D

Thanks for explaining it beautifully. That is the kind of relationship I'm hoping for from this couple. The fact that there's very little exposure of their relationship outside of filming (and when there is, it's so subtle) makes me even more excited to ship these two. They have huge respect of each other, and seeing the ideal type of love they each have in the past (mature kind of person), such kind of respect has a high chance of blosoming into love. I can be patient. :wub:

- M -

I remember on interview SM mention CEO ma as cute sunbaenim while she capture LMK as "very mature" man. I think that means something, like she's so impressed by his maturity :blush: 

And I can be patient too to watching their relationship grow :heart:

Ps: They are both on Ninja "modeON" right now :lol:

5 hours ago, coldcucumber said:

Ah this thread is so peaceful and respectful towards one another which is why our thread has so many lurkers. I hope we can continue to discuss and decipher stuff related to our OTP in such manners. And where is LMK? He's gone MIA for weeks now. I really wish he would do some magazine photoshoot because I'm dying to know what his thoughts are about the drama, co-stars, next project etc.

I agree.  That's why I love this thread.  People here don't run out of something to discuss ONLY about SoMinKi instead of minding people's other business.  No place for comparison and competition here. And I've noticed that the topics of discussion are solely from this thread shippers creative mind.  :)

4 hours ago, Alexandeara said:

I remember on interview SM mention CEO ma as cute sunbaenim while she capture LMK as "very mature" man. I think that means something, like she's so impressed by his maturity :blush: 

And I can be patient too to watching their relationship grow :heart:

Ps: They are both on Ninja "modeON" right now :lol:

Speaking of interview, let me share this SM's 2015 Instyle interview.   :blush:

25593528_10210560807921931_1387236445_n.jpg?oh=aeef2ae54ed5a6d387a13f3d27e469a8&oe=5A3DE5D4

Source:  https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2015/12/24/december-2015-instyle-jung-so-min-interview/

5 hours ago, coldcucumber said:

I just noticed that this thread have more views in a shorter amount of time when you mentioned it. :) 

I also hope LMK does magazine shoot if he is not keen sitting a post drama interview.Esom did her post drama interview thru her magazine pictorial as well, so now all of them did except for LMK. I hope he does one soon -, this year, its the year of these sunbae ahjussi oppas lol, Gongyoo, LDW, Kim Nam Gil, LMK of TVN.lol 

I was watching Minki’s old videos before he went to military, he is shy when he was younger but a bit cheeky when he got older.He has this interview with Kim Go Eun, he keeps praising her that he is a fan and that he wanted to work with her in a romance movie, even with his interview with Kim Min Hee - what I mean is that he used to be chatty during interviews before he entered military. He changed a lot watching his BIMFL interview, he matured a lot and obviously very careful and nervous of his comeback after his alledged scandal. 

In BTS, he is more quiet and matured too, maybe another factor is that he is trying to internalize being Saehee - lol where Somin said that he is like Sae Hee in the beginning haha. And she also said that she can’t handle someone like Saehee.lol What I noticed is that there are a lot of times that they sit together even when eating or during break, and Im happy that despite their differences, they are comfortable with each other.

Also, seems like Somin really fell in love with script and Jiho.I mean she came from a long running weekend hit drama, some actors who came from a memorable drama and played a memorable character, they usually go on hiatus after, aside from resting I guess one reason is to shred off the impact of the character from the viewers. Somin is so brave, well assumming that her other tandem really left a huge impact, it won’t be easy to jump to another. I read her worry in Marie Clare interview at first, and she said that she is also confident in herself that she can also create chemistry with another actor despite the short gap of her last drama and pairing - and she did! She must have really loved the script as she immediately jumped to another drama after FIS.

@b4l01 We all know Somin says a certain someone rather feels like an adult than an oppa despite the not so big age gap and whose talking tone is mature and a reliable person.

@jughead2000 Yes, Minki was cheekier before. I saw few of his old clips from his movies and dramas and boy he can do comedy very well. But it's true that he has matured now and much more careful about his action. If you notice from the BTS of the bus stop kiss where both of Somin and Minki sat together with PD while chatting, there used to be a significant distant between them when they sit together but we know at the last day of shooting, they are glued to each other even though the sofa is big. What is this when distant seemed so vague now?

23 minutes ago, coldcucumber said:

@b4l01 We all know Somin says a certain someone rather feels like an adult than an oppa despite the not so big age gap and whose talking tone is mature and a reliable person.

@jughead2000 Yes, Minki was cheekier before. I saw few of his old clips from his movies and dramas and boy he can do comedy very well. But it's true that he has matured now and much more careful about his action. If you notice from the BTS of the bus stop kiss where both of Somin and Minki sat together with PD while chatting, there used to be a significant distant between them when they sit together but we know at the last day of shooting, they are glued to each other even though the sofa is big. What is this when distant seemed so vague now?

Yeah he was. I guess its normal, and Im glad along the way of working, they got comfortable with each other somehow. You will see the difference from the first BTS lol. But truthfully, Somin herself is actually easy going. I have watched some of her BTS, she is very comfortable and touchy with her co stars especially those who are close to her age. One of her bts, I think that was D-day, her partner casually blew out some dust from her eyes,that was sweet and comfortable. Actually, compared to her other past co stars, I think Minki is more serious and not as jumpy as them hence the difference. 

That’s why my favorite bts were actually the glimpse of them sitting together while eating in that Namhae bts and one wherein LMK was very close, looking at her while they talk.

Since the media hasn't had any sighting of our SoMinki... I'm curious as to what you guys thought of JSM's outfit at the Seoul wrap-up party...haven't scrolled back to the earlier pages for comments but it was a daring outfit of long hair extensions, shorts & thigh- high boots for a wintry Seoul night.  Either, she was trying to shed Ji Ho's persona or trying to catch a certain man's eye ... my other speculation was she was going clubbing somewhere after.

My next inquiry is how rich is JSM... have heard she's from a well-to-do family and I don't know if the family will accept an actor as her boyfriend if she has other rich suitors waiting in the wings.

13 minutes ago, cgb1108 said:

Since the media hasn't had any sighting of our SoMinki... I'm curious as to what you guys thought of JSM's outfit at the Seoul wrap-up party...haven't scrolled back to the earlier pages for comments but it was a daring outfit of long hair extensions, shorts & thigh- high boots for a wintry Seoul night.  Either, she was trying to shed Ji Ho's persona or trying to catch a certain man's eye ... my other speculation was she was going clubbing somewhere after.

My next inquiry is how rich is JSM... have heard she's from a well-to-do family and I don't know if the family will accept an actor as her boyfriend if she has other rich suitors waiting in the wings.

She changed her outfit once inside so it was probably done for the media outside the restaurant. No idea about her family but honestly I doubt they would have such an old way of thinking considering she’s an actor herself. Btw her partner is for her to choose. 

6 hours ago, b4l01 said:

I agree.  That's why I love this thread.  People here don't run out of something to discuss ONLY about SoMinKi instead of minding people's other business.  No place for comparison and competition here. And I've noticed that the topics of discussion are solely from this thread shippers creative mind.  :)

Speaking of interview, let me share this SM's 2015 Instyle interview.   

25593528_10210560807921931_1387236445_n.jpg?oh=aeef2ae54ed5a6d387a13f3d27e469a8&oe=5A3DE5D4

Source:  https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2015/12/24/december-2015-instyle-jung-so-min-interview/

Oh wow, thank's fir sharing!. So,.. it won't be suprised if She was attracted to him :blush:

6 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

I just noticed that this thread have more views in a shorter amount of time when you mentioned it. :) 

I also hope LMK does magazine shoot if he is not keen sitting a post drama interview.Esom did her post drama interview thru her magazine pictorial as well, so now all of them did except for LMK. I hope he does one soon -, this year, its the year of these sunbae ahjussi oppas lol, Gongyoo, LDW, Kim Nam Gil, LMK of TVN.lol 

I was watching Minki’s old videos before he went to military, he is shy when he was younger but a bit cheeky when he got older.He has this interview with Kim Go Eun, he keeps praising her that he is a fan and that he wanted to work with her in a romance movie, even with his interview with Kim Min Hee - what I mean is that he used to be chatty during interviews before he entered military. He changed a lot watching his BIMFL interview, he matured a lot and obviously very careful and nervous of his comeback after his alledged scandal. 

In BTS, he is more quiet and matured too, maybe another factor is that he is trying to internalize being Saehee - lol where Somin said that he is like Sae Hee in the beginning haha. And she also said that she can’t handle someone like Saehee.lol What I noticed is that there are a lot of times that they sit together even when eating or during break, and Im happy that despite their differences, they are comfortable with each other.

Even with his maturity, we could see on bts his cheekyness sometime came out. One time was on bus stop kiss scene bts, after got kiss from somin he showing his cheeky smile.   :joy: 

1 hour ago, meiil said:

She changed her outfit once inside so it was probably done for the media outside the restaurant. No idea about her family but honestly I doubt they would have such an old way of thinking considering she’s an actor herself. Btw her partner is for her to choose. 

She once said that she always do things she know will make her happy e.g., enrolling at an art school, even though her father was against her dancing and talking up acting in the end even if her father was against it more than her dancing. I believe in the end, she will choose the path that will make her happy. And I hope and pray it would be with Minki(-oppa) ❤

She's definitely a romantic person. She said in Knowing Brothers that her dream is to walk while holding hands with her boyfriend. Hence, I doubt such things (e.g., material things, status, etc.) will cloud her judgement when it comes to love. Ideal romanticists (like myself) would know lol.

12 hours ago, cgb1108 said:

Sorry to cut your post. I agree with what @meiil said, it was most likely an outfit for media purpose. If she truly respects him and wants to help him to overcome his past, she wouldn't dress seductively just to catch his attention. In fact, I believe she already knows that he's into her throughout filming BTIMFL together. Furthermore, I think JSM is a modest kind of woman who puts personality above appearance when looking for her ideal man.

However, my subsconcious, delusional self would relish the idea of her wanting to appear as good as she could, in front of the man she likes. :tongue:

16 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

Yeah he was. I guess its normal, and Im glad along the way of working, they got comfortable with each other somehow. You will see the difference from the first BTS lol. But truthfully, Somin herself is actually easy going. I have watched some of her BTS, she is very comfortable and touchy with her co stars especially those who are close to her age. One of her bts, I think that was D-day, her partner casually blew out some dust from her eyes,that was sweet and comfortable. Actually, compared to her other past co stars, I think Minki is more serious and not as jumpy as them hence the difference. 

That’s why my favorite bts were actually the glimpse of them sitting together while eating in that Namhae bts and one wherein LMK was very close, looking at her while they talk.

May I just say that I've always liked your every analysis posted in this thread? This one is spot-on as well. JSM being playful and always laughing to the simplest joke LMK makes is just her being the way she always had been. Her ability to establish chemistry is commendable, and it's very evident with LMK. Given their age gap and LMK's introverted persona, she was still able to maintain a comfortable situation for them both from start to finish (sure, based on her interview, LMK also played a part, but it's actually mainly due to her being an easy-going person).

That's why when we're shipping these two, what we look for aren't moments when JSM appears cheerful and playful, as she's like that as well with her previous co-stars. Instead, what we want to see are moments when she looks genuinely embarassed, shy, flustered, and nervous (which might indicate there's something going on). That's just my two cents anyway. I'm not the best person in the world when it comes to understanding women lol.

- A -

just a querry specially to all chingus here that can read hangul... are the two signature are the same as posted by yesjungguesthouse? i mean does the yesjunguesthouse just used filter thats why the sigtures that they posted had a white background? or are these another set of signatures of sominki? 

on the other side note here is an ig post from minmincouple ig...

7 minutes ago, renvic said:

just a querry specially to all chingus here that can read hangul... are the two signature are the same as posted by yesjungguesthouse? i mean does the yesjunguesthouse just used filter thats why the sigtures that they posted had a white background? or are these another set of signatures of sominki? 

Yes, that's exactly the same signatures as those posted by yesjunguesthouse. That IG you quoted only applied filter in his/her post hence they appear more yellow-ish. The words are the same, even the phone's shadow at the bottom of the paper is the same.

- A -

4 minutes ago, velvetine said:

Yes, that's exactly the same signatures as those posted by yesjunguesthouse. That IG you quoted only applied filter in his/her post hence they appear more yellow-ish. The words are the same, even the phone's shadow at the bottom of the paper is the same.

- A -

thanks chingu the famous sominki signatures in jeju.. :D

21 minutes ago, renvic said:

thanks chingu the famous sominki signatures in jeju.. :D

He said you're welcome, dear. :)

About Minseok's IG posts and comments... It may mean something or nothing at all. It's hard to know what he means as he's often being cryptic about it, which might be disguised as a joke, like when he commented in one of Somin's post with "Are you married?", or when he posts Minki's eye with the caption "This eye is smiling, whose eye is it?", in which the picture was possibly a cropped version of Minki's selfie with Somin at the wrap-up party. He even commented at the selfie pic with nothing but a long laugh, when it's supposed to be an emotional farewell message. :lol: 

These have been discussed in @fayouamazing's IG and minmincouple1616. You guys should give them a follow! They often post interesting theories related to Sominki couple. They're Indonesians like me but they usually post in English. :)

- M -

here are the part 2 of meh comments that I read while stalking to the hashtag of #btimfl #becausethisismyfirslife (sorry for the grammar /use of words.. english is not my main language) :

THE MEH COMMENTS PART 2

1. It' s same with /Loosely copy to  Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu ( plagiarism)

My reflection: Hmmm eversince i watched the first episode, it is the most related comment that i read  it is same as the japanese  version..  so out of curiosity after watching all 16 episodes of  btimfl i watched nigeru.. for me It's true that there are scenes/situation that i'm thinking maybe inspired , but the whole execution of both series is way too different from one another... and beside there are lots of contract relationship scenario that are famous ( I guessed i have a soft spot on contract relationship coz most of my all time faves romcom are contract relationship:full house, kim samsoon, fated to love you, sassy girl chunyang and now btimfl) 

2. The series is almost perfect... there is something missing..

My reflection: hmmm i know what is lacking: bed scene/intimate scene/ sexy scene :D definitely if there will be season 2 please dramagods pdnim/ author nim male these happened... whts the use of fifty shades books as props if we will never see this kind of scene??

3. There are lots of voice over/ voice over is not my kind of drama

My reflection: hmmmm no comment on this one, all of us have different preferences when watching a k drama

4. I don't see any chemistry from the lead actor (minki) and actress (so min) in this series.

My comment: same as number 4 we have different preferences... As for me when choosing a rom com to watched, i first watched the 1st episode if i find a chemistry between the lead actor and actress and then followed by the story  definitely gonna watched.  thats why i'm head over heels to btimfl as the scene wherein a scene where  ji ho and se hee are inside the apartment but showing different time i already found a chemistry between the two (thats why there are lots of famous series that i didn't watched or not finishing the whole series and even famous couple in the shiping thread forum that i dodnt follow) 

on the side note: mianhe (sorry) for not replying  to those chingus who quoted/ mentioned my username during my meh comment part 1. been busy with office work.... 

37 minutes ago, velvetine said:

He said you're welcome, dear. :)

About Minseok's IG posts and comments... It may mean something or nothing at all. It's hard to know what he means as he's often being cryptic about it, which might be disguised as a joke, like when he commented in one of Somin's post with "Are you married?", or when he posts Minki's eye with the caption "This eye is smiling, whose eye is it?", in which the picture was possibly a cropped version of Minki's selfie with Somin at the wrap-up party. He even commented at the selfie pic with nothing but a long laugh, when it's supposed to be an emotional farewell message. :lol: 

These have been discussed in @fayouamazing's IG and minmincouple1616. You guys should give them a follow! They often post interesting theories related to Sominki couple. They're Indonesians like me but they usually post in English. :)

- M -

hahahaa yes most of the time i'm looking at their i.g. specially the one with english comment :D

i remember a chingu here post about so min interview that she  like holding hands with a boyfriend while having a date. hmm  like this???? : 

i know that there are lurkers here from other thread with a voice over "it is not counted, it was  taken from btimfl  :D

so i prefer this one :

credit to the owner of both IG :D

Archived