[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

7 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I'm liking this version a lot too. I like that they've "modernized" it a bit while still staying pretty true to the story. I also like that they don't drag things out unnecessarily. 

When I first heard that they were doing a remake of Meteor Garden, I was worried I wouldn't like the new cast but I actually really like the  guys they cast for F4 and I also like Shen Yue for Shancai. She is my favorite Shancai. I also really like Dylan as Daoming Si and I think they have great chemistry. Darren is the best Huaze Lei out of all the actors who have ever played that role and I like the way Huaze Lei is portrayed in this version. I feel like he is a true contender in this version for Shancai's affections. For me, Huaze Lei didn't stand a chance against Daoming Si in all the other versions.

I can't wait to see the subbed versions of Episodes  23-26. Daoming Si and Shancai are just too cute together!

Plus Shancai's parents are not annoying as hell! I'm actually loving how competent they are not really causing a lot of trouble (except for that one time her dad made a mistake in investing the money) but other than that they are pretty adorable. One thing I hated about the other versions especially the Korean and Taiwanese ones are the parents.

No dragging of stories as well. A lot are being resolved in maximum 3 episodes so I guess we will see more of other things from the manga this time? Or they're going to make something new just for this version. I'm not really sure how much it is following the manga since I haven't read it. I can't find a good cheap copy since it is long OOP. :tears:

I rarely watch Chinese dramas since they're always long so I really don't know much about their actors. I have one guy I find really handsome and that's the guy from Love O2O, Yang Yang, so now I have two! Dylan and Yang Yang! :wub: I found two gems. :w00t: The Huaze Lei here is so adorable like a puppy. I love how he has this angelic face. He can be detached though I guess it can be because of his autism? Loving Xi Men and Mei Zhuo as well. The guys are pretty much lovable in this version or just because the chemistry between these 5 are so good?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just hit me that Si's Mom might be involved in Shan Cai's overnight homelessness situation. LOL. No one ever said I'm the brightest bulb out there. But yeah from here on, every misfortune that SC faces must be related to Si's Mom. Hahaha. 

I'm looking forward to today's eps. I'm trying my best to avoid spoilers. Hehehe. They are in the same page finally, I can't wait for Shan Cai to let everything free and see Si through her heart. 

6 minutes ago, kokodus said:

It just hit me that Si's Mom might be involved in Shan Cai's overnight homelessness situation. LOL. No one ever said I'm the brightest bulb out there. But yeah from here on, every misfortune that SC faces must be related to Si's Mom. Hahaha. 

I'm looking forward to today's eps. I'm trying my best to avoid spoilers. Hehehe. They are in the same page finally, I can't wait for Shan Cai to let everything free and see Si through her heart. 

I want to watch but waiting for subs is killing me.

I'm guessing this is Tencent's promotion for their upcoming web airing of MG 2018

DjlxAQpV4AA2sfP.jpg

August issue: TRENDSHEALTH x F4

37841097_249084629035426_607598604203956

More under spoiler

Spoiler

37915432_250840258859863_214691728784254

38292898_255341038409785_184021424876080

Djl4FtNUcAA0FYW.jpg

38144356_255341105076445_530347210582681

BTS of Daoming Feng where you can get spoilery sneak peaks of upcoming scenes

16 hours ago, rimjayc said:

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID YETSERDAY !! i really enjoi the fiance in other versions ! they made her character so flat here !

what a shame ! i love her friendship and loyalty to our otp :/ ... here she was just yet another obstacle

i still hope she is gonna get back in the show maybe later when there serious changes 

i wouldn't agree to that.. watched part of 22 with subs today..

she is actually pretty sweet.. infact the one in korean and older taiwanese version were manipulative.. they moved in and befriend SC with the sole purpose of using friendship as an emotional bondage so that SC will keep away from DS..

this one was pretty sweet after breakup and how she told her mom to back off and not insult SC

japanese version monkey girl was also nice

7 hours ago, kokodus said:

haha.. AC, the producer, expects you to do your homework..

watch older version, remember the story because poor angie has to finish the entire manga in 48 hours :) .. 

so that she can skip scenes and background stories without bothering questions on how and when

lol..at times it seriously feel that the team sat with a check list and kept ticking things off when they couldn't find a logical arc to sustain some subplots in the story..

things i like/ don't like in this version:

1. 4th guy is getting his love story, ep 26 is all about him
  2. ximun's story is VERY SLOW
  3. sister is not as awesome as other versions (did you know she is barbie's sister - the original SC fro 2001 version)
  4. mom is not at all scary.. pretty laughable :P
  5. SC's family is the best part.. all stupidity gone
  6. how or where does a music major have common classes with MBA majors ? :P 
  7. anyone watched the new japanese version? psuedo remake with DS and Lei original guys making guest appearance.. i watched ep 1 - the main guy is funny.. he is like DS but weak (can't fight etc) .. and lei's counterpart is smart .. but it was too silly.. wonder how did it shape up finally..

Tsk tsk tsk. There is no way this one month trial period is going to end nicely. She is definitely going to leave him after 1 month. I thought there is going to be a confession from her....I only have watched 23 but that is not a confession, it's acceptance. LOL. 

Fine fine let me put away my grumpy face and continue with 24th ep. 

Now I want to go to a scary house with my (nonexistent) boyfriend. It seemed so fun. LOL. I just really love how they are overloading us with all this cuteness. I don't remember the other versions having these many cute sweet moments. I think this show decided to concentrate little on angst and instead spend more time on sugary sweet cuteness. I don't have a better word than 'cute' , really. Hahaha. 

@enigmatic_zephy I was actually pretty excited at first that they are giving a loveline to Mei Zuo as well, but they did spend a lot of time on them in 24 and I just ffd through it. Meh. I'm fine with him having a girlfriend, but that girl having a past with some old guy.....zzzzzz....can we please move on to our pineapple puppy already?? Dangit.

@kokodusi went to that japanese scary house.. the scariest in the world.. i think they showed it on running man also..

lol..at the time it is scary (more because of the eerie sounds).. but once you are out, it all feels so funny and a nice adventure (if you are a scaredy cat as me) .. otherwise people were having fun inside the hospital too.. they were so relaxed when actors would come out..

I was so bad that (people can choose their group size, has to be min 2.. so you know couples tend to be together) because i was so scared of being exposed from any angle.. i got my group members covering me from front, coaxed other people who had come to join in with us and basically made them cover me from the back and sideways.. and i was in the center .. lol.. and YET it turned out i was the only one screaming with every "surprise" entry of the ghost

FUN!

@enigmatic_zephy I was actually pretty excited at first that they are giving a loveline to Mei Zuo as well, but they did spend a lot of time on them in 24 and I just ffd through it. Meh. I'm fine with him having a girlfriend, but that girl having a past with some old guy.....zzzzzz....can we please move on to our pineapple puppy already?? Dangit.

i know,, i completely fast forwarded his bit :P 

(and basically in the story.. this guy's backstory is that his mother and sister all act really young.. mental issue i think.. so that's why he has always been into older women.. but here they flipped the story to make this girl fall for an older man.. and i mean.. wasn't she after the cook .. honestly don't care.. give Dylan and his ever rotating eye expressions.. i don't even need SC)

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Tsk tsk tsk. There is no way this one month trial period is going to end nicely. She is definitely going to leave him after 1 month. I thought there is going to be a confession from her....I only have watched 23 but that is not a confession, it's acceptance. LOL. 

Fine fine let me put away my grumpy face and continue with 24th ep. 

her actual confession comes when DS leaves for good to london or wherever.. the iconic chasing airplane scene..

because immediately after her confessing love, DS starts ignoring her :(

23 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

@kokodusi went to that japanese scary house.. the scariest in the world.. i think they showed it on running man also..

lol..at the time it is scary (more because of the eerie sounds).. but once you are out, it all feels so funny and a nice adventure (if you are a scaredy cat as me) .. otherwise people were having fun inside the hospital too.. they were so relaxed when actors would come out..

I was so bad that (people can choose their group size, has to be min 2.. so you know couples tend to be together) because i was so scared of being exposed from any angle.. i got my group members covering me from front, coaxed other people who had come to join in with us and basically made them cover me from the back and sideways.. and i was in the center .. lol.. and YET it turned out i was the only one screaming with every "surprise" entry of the ghost

FUN!

I'm indeed a scaredy cat. I have been to theme parks, but my friends have to really beg me to make me come, because basically I can't do any rides either. I'll vomit my stomach out and it's not a pretty sight, I tell you. LOL. I never go to horror movies either, anything remotely horror, I'll only watch them in daylight with a group of friends. Hahaha. But I really loved their theme park date. I was seriously hoping that they would go on a merry-go-round, but alas, they went to a scary house instead and that was plenty fun as well. I loved how Shan Cai looked at him with heart eyes throughout the date until that freaky guy made him angry. Sighhh. It was still nice though.

And the kiss in the nose was too much for me....I was grinning from ear to ear. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Too cute for words. 

Still waiting for the confession from Shan Cai....hmmm but on one hand, I also think it's better that she is taking her time to sort out her feelings. When she finally does confess, it's going to be so rewarding! 

Edited to add this super cute mv

I guess most of the scenes in the MV are from 25 and 26. Makes me impatient to wait for tmrw's eps. Lp

37 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I'll only watch them in daylight with a group of friends.

That is so me.. infat watching a horror movie on laptop.. i will make sure i am in a place with people, all curtains wide open, ample sunlight.. and the video section minimized to smallest possible window tucked in one corner of the laptop..and that's how i watch the movie ..

lol.. honestly, i was waiting for lei's side of the story to start (where his thought process becomes more clear and prominent).. but i don't think this drama is going to give me that.. so might as well enjoy dylan's eye rolls..

we get LeiX DS bed scene :D:D .. i don't know about others, but this meteor garden in turning into a BL for me.. even with those scarce scenes

@enigmatic_zephy We are kindred spirits. Lol. But I think I can try this scary house if my boyfriend is someone who would beat up ghosts for me like Si. Hahaha. 

And yeah I don't think they are going to concentrate on Lei's feelings much here in this version. I actually like it that way. He really did seem happy for them. You can tell he cares about them a lot and want them to be together. And yeah I really love the bromance between Si and Lei. They are having a nice dynamic of one being all talks and brawny while the other is a silent wise one. 

Omg @lan_lan That MV is everything. Thank you so much for sharing it!!!!!! Their off screen chemistry is just as good as their onscreen chemie. I can't even......

More to feed our shipper hearts....

43 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

Oh my... this isn't good for my shipper heart at all.  It's so hard to resist shipping them irl -_-

@enigmatic_zephy

Thank you so much!.

Damn their ages are also perfect..

somebody give me a death note series with these two !!!

rofl. there is a youtube channel Dylan and Darren :P .. talk about coincidence.. somewhere in this world, dylan and darren are close together ;)  .. or in general if you search that combo.. quite a lot :) 

Now! that's called meant to be

@kokodus I know right? I felt no difference when it transitioned from real to reel scenes.  And aww that MV is set to the OST of my other 2016 obsession, Love o2o.  I need to stop living my life through these dramas, it's so not healthy for my dating life lmao.

6 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i wouldn't agree to that.. watched part of 22 with subs today..

she is actually pretty sweet.. infact the one in korean and older taiwanese version were manipulative.. they moved in and befriend SC with the sole purpose of using friendship as an emotional bondage so that SC will keep away from DS..

this one was pretty sweet after breakup and how she told her mom to back off and not insult SC

japanese version monkey girl was also nice

I dont know about that tbh  

as i said i watched all the versions befor and they all manged to give her a deeper connection with the main charas

( in boysoverflowers she spend nights at jandis house ! Take her shopping ! Befriend her bestfriend and even try hard to be there hen jandi lives alone with her brother in a squetchy place - lets not forget her begging her parents to help the  jumpyo familly even if she broke the wedding herself ect )

here i can only give her the merite of not taking to long befor telling shansai about her fake night of love with si ... 

Does anyone know when ep 27-28 will air? Netflix took down the episode schedule so now I don't know when the episodes are airing. I know Netflix is supposed to release new episodes Wed-Fri every week but when do they get released in China?

Ep23/24 talk

im so glad they floodedup with fluff after all the angst we had befor 

my boy si is putting his all in the game: between saving his girl and offering her a home ! Wakingup and cuddling with her and ofc the necklace scene .. that was just beautiful 

im so glad he managed to make her think seriously into dating him (at least for that 1month ) BUT SHE IS TAKING HIM SERIOUSLY NOW 

tumblr_pcsbr5Zzvb1utfw96o2_540.gif

also when they went on that double date ... i mean ...Doaming si the guy that scares gangsters and have his name on all lips taking the kids cute menu on burgerking on a date with his gf is MAJOR MOOD TBH XD 

-----------------------------------------

I adore this scene too ! the AAAAAAAAAAA f4 

i Can litteraly hear this gif xD :

tumblr_pcrumzW4441xzctfeo3_400.giftumblr_pcrumzW4441xzctfeo6_400.gif

tumblr_pcrumzW4441xzctfeo1_400.giftumblr_pcrumzW4441xzctfeo2_400.gif

WE LOVE A cute possesive si XD

also im glad they kinda gave us glimps at all the boys romantic interest in ep 24 !

seeying the other two that have less screentime get more was pretty cute  ( as randome as some parts were in the ep .. i mean that randome flashback of this girl and her ex camping ect lol ? )

to finish up i think i found my kink :

Spoiler

ITS THIS MAN WEARING LEATHER JACKETS WITH HIS HAIR LIKE THIS BEING A SOFTY tumblr_pcudp8OMr71qd2900o1_400.png

@rimjayc your post put the biggest grin on my face because I was remembering all the feels I felt while watching.  I’m so glad they’re giving us so many extra fluffy scenes and cute couple moments to go on. I’ve been ticking off a list from the MV to see what’s been shown and what’s left to come.  I’m hoping there will be a lot more that they didn’t spoil for us still on the way.  

Also I’m all for Meizhou getting a girl plot but that was a little too much time used for that silly back and forth with the older guy.  Especially right after the cutest SiCai scene. I couldn’t even concentrate on them because I spent the whole segment mentally counting down the minutes left to the episode and yelling at the show to get back to SiCai before it’s over. 

His pineapple hair is making less and less of a comeback. It only appears when he reverts back to the old DMS. 

@mouse007 China airs episodes Mon-Wed, Netflix Wed-Fri. So episodes 27-28 will air on Monday and uploaded with subs on Netflix on Wednesday and so on.  

Archived