[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

oh i could go on and on about sawan biang ( and officially they are the best onscreen couple across any country's any drama that i have watched.. all of their work together sizzles with chemistry)

Ya, it would be fun to see a remake.. but nobody makes thai drama remakes :( (lol but ken-ann are the only ones i actually like, otherwise thai dramas r not so interesting)

OMG OTHER People that actually watched sawan biang and enjoyed it ? 

Its so rare to find xD 

and i agree a remake would be amazing 

( i actually can see didi in a revenge full angsty mood alredy .. less childish more serious and dangerous !! Oohh xD ) 

but yeah with the chinese law there is no way they would remake sush a hard to take story ( the kidnaping and abuse was real at some part as mush as it was part of the story and how kawee changes into a  love puppy laters ) 

Wowww Monkey girl came and went by in a flash...if you blinked your eye, you would've missed it. LOL. Seriously though, I didn't even understand why she even developed feelings for Si. They rushed it soooo much that she didn't even feel like a real threat at all, which is a shame. I liked the Korean Monkey girl, she was really a perfect match for Jun pyo in some ways, but she is soooo much like Jun pyo that they couldn't get along well, but they remained as good friends. And you also could see the unrequited love she had for him, unlike here where I don't understand what made her fall for him....Anyways, I guess I should just be glad that we are past one major obstacle in our puppies life. I may sound sadistic but I really did enjoy that Shan Cai was in a lot of pain seeing Si with someone else. She deserved it for all the time she waded him offf and hurt him....

Shan cai's confrontation with Mom was EPIC, and I was cheering hard for her the whole time, but she ruined it for me again when she said to F3 later that she never thought about wanting to be with Si yet....GIRLLLLLLL are you kidding me??????? You were just having a mental breakdown when you thought you are going to lose him to some monkey girl, and now you say you haven't thought about it??? Who are you trying to fool??? Or is it like you won't be with him because it's too much pressure but you don't want him to be with other girls either because that hurts as well.....LOL. Guess I shouldnt be this mad because you know Shan Cai is still immature and young, so it's perfectly normal for her to be unsure whether he is worth all the mess she would have to go through if she were to accept him. It's just that Si has done so many things, he even risked his life, not once but TWICE, so I just wish she comes to him already...and I know it's going to happen, as early as in the next ep, but I still can't keep myself from ranting. LOLOL. Don't mind me. 

I like it so much that Si was the one who got her home after she got kicked out of the house (which was totally unbelievable, who in the world will kick their tenant out in such a short notice?? Do China have such pathetic landlord-tenant laws??? I refuse to believe it and I rather suspend my disbelief. Lol) It was his sister in the other versions. But I somehow find it SOOOOOOOOOOO swoony that it was him who found her. EEEEEEEEE. And that one hug scene is the only swoonworthy scene in these two eps. I am at least glad that they are back together again. 

It would be an understatement if I say I can't wait for tmrw's eps. I'm literally counting down minutes until the next eps. Hahahahaha. 

4 hours ago, Wotad said:

This show might make me watch the JP version that couple looks cute as hell. 

You should watch the Japanese version. I bet you wouldn't regret it. Hehehe. 

@lan_lan Ok I don't usually like the idea of dubbing the actors voices because it somehow makes me feel that we are dealing with two people. The emotions are better delivered and felt if an actor uses their own voice. But Si's Mom is a special case where I think it would've been so much better if they had dubbed her voice because it really is grating on my ears. Nothing wrong with her voice per say but it doesn't suit the character she plays. Sighhhhh. Caesar Wu's voice has always been wonderful, he has the most lines in the For you song, so I'm not surprised that they didn't dub his voice. LOL. Dylan's voice is not bad either but I think he speaks with some accent, there is even one bts video in which Shen Yue said that his accent  sometimes irritates her. LOL. 

58 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

OMG OTHER People that actually watched sawan biang and enjoyed it ? 

Its so rare to find xD 

and i agree a remake would be amazing 

( i actually can see didi in a revenge full angsty mood alredy .. less childish more serious and dangerous !! Oohh xD ) 

but yeah with the chinese law there is no way they would remake sush a hard to take story ( the kidnaping and abuse was real at some part as mush as it was part of the story and how kawee changes into a  love puppy laters ) 

i know.. even i wonder .. that story is scary at all levels.. and such acts should not be romanticized, but if i am to be honest. i love that drma.. just that particular drama.. i am not really a fan of slap kiss genre and nor do i like thai dramas in general.. very few.. but damn SB is addictive poision :) its intense..

chinese have plenty such drama.. isn't there the secret kiss or dangerous kiss.. can't recall.. man buys an underage girl , keeps her at home, is super possessive about her and does what ken does to ann in first half of drama.. btw this man is married

3 hours ago, lan_lan said:

Aww Dylan said they would have a bunch of babies. I hope so too Didi.

@kokodus It turns out that’s actually the mom’s real voice lol. I also read that Lei and Ximen are also the actual actors’ voices and not voice actors. 

lol.. thnks for the video..

darren is pretty much real life lei :) . actually all 4 similar to their f4 personality

i absolutely love when darren is not even making a noise and just doing lip movement in dumb charades with headphone.. :) intelligent.. and cool as ever

lmao: Q- who do you think Sy will choose as her ideal amongst you four

unanimous answer (almost) - darren :P

@enigmatic_zephy Have you watched any of the Happy Camp episodes when the F4 or Dylan/Darren were guests?  They’re so cute and funny.

Darren can be so smiley and goofy irl too, but I really love his “resting richard simmons face” as Lei haha.  It’s nice to see that they’ve really become these characters and making them their own.  Whereas in the beginning everyone was still comparing them to past versions.

@kokodus I would’ve preferred if they had kept Dylan’s voice in the drama too.  I didn’t think his actual voice sound that bad.  But based on some translated recent interviews where he mixes up the sounds of words I guess it’s more noticeable for the native speakers.

I’m glad this week ended on a happy note so that we don’t have to stress while waiting for the next shipwreck to occur.

Hey, can someone please brief me about the sequence of the arcs.

Spoiler

Next week we will be seeing shan cai leaving dms because Dms mom will blackmail her with her friends then she will go to the fishing village right? 

Then when will amnesia arc and London arc come?And how will they be connected?

Thanks in advance :) 

Hi everybody! It had been a long long time since I had posted in soompi. I don't have the luxury of watching dramas anymore after entering adulthood :(

but I just just just have to come back and watch this FR remake because can you believe it!? They re used the original soundtrack and even got the female signer to re do it for 3 different versions. 

the other reason I've decided to watch is because it just brings back so much memories!! From secondary school days!

its worth watching. With China's budget for showbiz to show that they are Superior ( which I don't mind! 33 million ) it's a treat for the eyes.

i simply adore the fashion sense of dms. Air Jordan's and off-white coats. That's like dope af.

anyways I've heard from a report that they prepared 3000 different outfits for the entire cast of this show!

dms black off white coat is simply gorgeous today when he got a kiss from sc by the river!

wow, dms's mom actually didn't get her voice subbed haha.

i kinda miss dms's older sister already. She had not appeared at all recently 

17 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

Lord ..help me!

What should I do?

A 41-yo ahjumma like me fangirling over a 19-yo Wang He Di!!! I feel like pinching him everytime he's onscreen.  Why is he so cute and so narcisisitic and so cute again???!!

Tell me I'm not alone so I know I'm not crazy yet!!!

Hahaha, that's not crazy. 

I am a fully grown 26 years old adult male species with a girlfriend but I am chasing this show like crazy and get wow-ed by just how handsome F4 are in the show.

I told my gf to watch this show with me but she refused and here I am with nobody to talk about it too because none of my male friends are like me and I have no one else to discuss this with except all of you lovely people on soompi.

#doubtsonmypreference

18 hours ago, kokodus said:

I prefer to watch all the awesomeness in HD with subs on netflix. LOL. I can't believe the maid arc is also over, the major arc remaining now are London arc and amnesia arc. And those two are the most painful ones because it's Si's turn to ignore her now. 

I'm dreading the amnesia arc the most. It's the part I hated the most in all of the different versions of Meteor Garden. It pained me to see Daoming Si lose all of his memories of Shancai after all the things they've already gone through to get to that point. I'm worried they'll drag it out because there's still so many episodes remaining. I really hope the amnesia arc won't be too long and instead I hope they add episodes of them getting married and life together after. That would be the most satisfying for me personally.

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

Wowww Monkey girl came and went by in a flash...if you blinked your eye, you would've missed it. LOL. Seriously though, I didn't even understand why she even developed feelings for Si. They rushed it soooo much that she didn't even feel like a real threat at all, which is a shame. I liked the Korean Monkey girl, she was really a perfect match for Jun pyo in some ways, but she is soooo much like Jun pyo that they couldn't get along well, but they remained as good friends. And you also could see the unrequited love she had for him, unlike here where I don't understand what made her fall for him.... 

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID YETSERDAY !! i really enjoi the fiance in other versions ! they made her character so flat here !

what a shame ! i love her friendship and loyalty to our otp :/ ... here she was just yet another obstacle

i still hope she is gonna get back in the show maybe later when there serious changes 

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i know.. even i wonder .. that story is scary at all levels.. and such acts should not be romanticized, but if i am to be honest. i love that drma.. just that particular drama.. i am not really a fan of slap kiss genre and nor do i like thai dramas in general.. very few.. but damn SB is addictive poision :) its intense..

chinese have plenty such drama.. isn't there the secret kiss or dangerous kiss.. can't recall.. man buys an underage girl , keeps her at home, is super possessive about her and does what ken does to ann in first half of drama.. btw this man is married

ho yeah i know ! i can list 5 or more dramas that were produced in china and have actually major abusive heros or where they tried to romanticize violance possession and weird behaviors 

guess its just changing now ?

i can enjoi slap/kiss dramas and some plots with overly protective and jealous leads ( I MEAN DOMING SI XD ) but i still manage to know when to not mix bad behaviors with romantic gestures ! (  a forced kiss ! stalking a girl ! forcing your opinion on your girl is never cute , romantic or hot as they try to pass it on ... and i hope people that watch dramas always manage to put a redlines)

-------------------------

ok can we get a moment for "HEART eyes" for my girl sitting in front of me doaming si !!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_pcrspiHNDm1xzctfeo9_540.gif

tumblr_pcrspiHNDm1xzctfeo2_540.gif

tumblr_pcrspiHNDm1xzctfeo6_540.gif

tumblr_pcrspiHNDm1xzctfeo1_540.gif

tumblr_pcrspiHNDm1xzctfeo3_540.gif

CREDIT:@bluemallowz 

11 hours ago, xiashenghan said:

Just passing by. I started this two days ago and I binge watched 20 episodes so now I'm waiting for episodes 21 and 22 to be subbed and the rest to be aired.

So far this is my most favorite version of Hana Yori Dango. Plus Dao Ming Si is freaking handsome. :wub:

I'm liking this version a lot too. I like that they've "modernized" it a bit while still staying pretty true to the story. I also like that they don't drag things out unnecessarily. 

When I first heard that they were doing a remake of Meteor Garden, I was worried I wouldn't like the new cast but I actually really like the  guys they cast for F4 and I also like Shen Yue for Shancai. She is my favorite Shancai. I also really like Dylan as Daoming Si and I think they have great chemistry. Darren is the best Huaze Lei out of all the actors who have ever played that role and I like the way Huaze Lei is portrayed in this version. I feel like he is a true contender in this version for Shancai's affections. For me, Huaze Lei didn't stand a chance against Daoming Si in all the other versions.

I can't wait to see the subbed versions of Episodes  23-26. Daoming Si and Shancai are just too cute together!

Hi team 

I haven't been on forums for a drama in ages, but this story,  despite it's flaws, brings me back every time. I'm really enjoying this drama and the cast thus far have been great. I've enjoyed the changes, makes the drama a tad bit more realistic (I say a tad, when really, I don't know if this has ever happened except in fiction!) :phew:

Loving all the thoughts, MV's and discussion from everyone here. I'm in NZ - so it's Thursday which means new episodes once i'm finished at work! Huzzah! Looking forward to watching today! :D

4 hours ago, doctor23b said:

but I just just just have to come back and watch this FR remake because can you believe it!? They re used the original soundtrack and even got the female signer to re do it for 3 different versions. 

the other reason I've decided to watch is because it just brings back so much memories!! From secondary school days!

Talking about the soundtrack, yeah it's good that they keep the original songs here, even make another remake of Ni Yao De Ai. Unfortunately the iconic instrumental music that used to be played in sad/mellow scenes is not included in this version. You know, that iconic guitar/violin instrumental song.

Btw is anyone know if any of the original F4 will make a cameo in this series?

31 minutes ago, elle_cha said:

Talking about the soundtrack, yeah it's good that they keep the original songs here, even make another remake of Ni Yao De Ai. Unfortunately the iconic instrumental music that used to be played in sad/mellow scenes is not included in this version. You know, that iconic guitar/violin instrumental song.

Btw is anyone know if any of the original F4 will make a cameo in this series?

I don’t think any of the taiwanese version of  F4 will make a cameo here. And for me, I don’t even want any of them to make a cameo in this version. Because this Meteor Garden 2018 is just so good on its own already, having any of the taiwanese F4 cameo will just add up to comparison & it will ruin the current series.. The Meteor Garden 2018 for me is just so much better than the taiwanese version :wub:

So, I just finished watching Ep. 21-22. And I have to agree with others here in the forum that the Xiaozi/Si engagement storyline seemed rushed. It was hard for me to become invested in the storyline because everything happened so fast in this version. Agree that it was hard to believe in Xiaozi love for Si and her heartbreak since the story wasn't given enough time to develop fully. The Xiaozi character is one of the best in the Korean version, which spent a lot more time developing her character and storyline. And Lee Min Jung is great in the role there.  In the K version, we get to see more development of her friendship with Shan Cai, as well as her feelings for Si. But, as I said before, there is a fine line when dealing with this character since she needs to be likeable, but not too likeable. Balancing the need for enough time/development for this character and storyline, but not too much time is very tricky. I would have liked to see maybe 1 or 2 more episodes devoted to this character/storyline just so we could get the full impact, especially her friendship with Shan Cai. But perhaps she will return later on. I always thought it would be great if Xiaozi and Lei got together in the story, rather than Lei getting back with Jing, but I know it won't happen. I did like seeing Shan Cai's jealousy and gradual realization of her true feelings for Si. As the saying goes " You Don't Know What You've Got Until It's Gone".  She's still a bit unsure about herself, her feelings, and whether to pursue a relationship with Si, but it makes sense to me as his mother is a very intimidating obstacle, as well as the fact that he comes from a very different social world. I like that this version is having Shan Cai think about all of these things before making a final decision and commitment- a much more realistic take that makes it all the more believable when she does finally declare her feelings and commit to Si. The only thing I didn't like in these episodes is the way Shan Cai ended up at Si's house. It's just really unbelievable for me that Shan Cai wouldn't just go and stay with one of her other friends. But the "maid arc" is just too cute, so I'm going to roll with it. Looking forward to the next episodes!

Archived