[Drama 2018] Radio Romance 라디오 로맨스

Go Seung Ji

Hi, this is the first time I'm so addicted to this drama not only because of the story but also I love both actors  Yoon Doo Joon and Kim So Hyun because of their other previous projects and also first time Yoon Doo Joon have a love interest and I don't care about the age gap because I think whoever cast them  like this kind of pairing thinking  that they will not fall in love in real life oh well :) And I don't care about the rating korean don't like the age gap  but put it in international market it will be a hit! mark my word.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, darr said:

The ratings are going down. People wanted a warm drama. If they want to go on a dark and mystery kind of drama, they would have hinted the audience a little. I thought it was a warm drama too. I'm also tired of scheming dramas. Left black knight because of that and it's repeating itself again. One can heal without all the bad scheming and evil deeds. I might leave also if those annoying characters continue. And nobody expects love triangle too. I watched their press  conference and I didn't see this coming.  Was skipping some scenes in episode 7 and had to stop watching at a point.  It's very annoying. If I can skip some scenes even when i loved the drama much I'm not surprised that the home viewers switched over to other dramas.

Is it really becomes that dark? Haven't be able to re-watch full episode with sub :wacko:

I don't know how complicated the things will be, but actually i'm kinda surprised that compared to the 'clueless' SGR in the earlier eps, she finally remember him in a (somewhat) casual way? I was expecting a tearful moment of discovery TBH lol

And about love triangle.. actually in the presscon the PD already hinted about it tho :D

When asked for spoilers and clues regarding what will happen in the drama, the PD asked everyone to look forward to the love triangle between Yoon Doojoon, Kim So Hyun, and Yoon Park (soompi.com)

Personally i have a love-hate relationship with love triangle thing kkkk so i'll look forward how this drama will bring this out :)

Will post further comment after i re-watch the full ep~

3 hours ago, multiloverssss said:

Same with mee...dujun did well by accepted this drama.this drama really bring out the best skill of dujun.his eyes can act...when he look at geurim , look soo sweet

I really like Ji Suho character sometimes cool, sometimes straightforward, sometimes cute..and really thankful he act in this drama. I love they way he softens his voice and look at her after he grab her in hospital room.

Hello to all!

All this time i have been a silent follower in this thread and have been reading all your comments and thoughts which were indeed interesting. I personally like this drama but to be honest it is way below my K-drama Standards. When you start watching it you cannot stop just because of the talented OTP, and Do Jun and Kim So Hyun are doing a very good job even though there is no real story line which is deep enough. It is my first time seeing him and he can ACT i mean he sure can unlike so many recent idol actors who started to appear from nowhere also KSH is talented too and this is my second time watching one of her dramas after School 2015.

So while we are at it i just want to give my two cents on the recent trend of drams which is being embrace by many viewers and i want nobody to get offended as this is just my opinion. :)

When Money Flower started airing last November, people got hooked up with that whole story, the plot the cast the direction since it was unique and it was proved by the ratings, and i believe that is where it all began and people wanted more stories like that something deep, meaningful and quality and even the Korean Media referred Money Flower as an overall Masterpiece. There had been dramas where they have taken story lines regarding adults, or people in their 30s etc but this Drama was the biggest hit and it set a benchmark for k Drama fans around the world and  nobody thought Korea could offer such a masterpiece because many people think K- Drama is silly which i agree for most but very rarely it is not the case. After the successful ending of MF there came Misty even though it is being aired on a cable channel still the rating were higher and it is still getting increased week after week, and that too is a quality production with great cast and a good story line.

With Dramas like these being introduced, the Koreans now prefer those over the average K drama where idols are being casted with not so good story lines etc. The reality now is those average dramas might be having higher production budgets than the quality ones having smaller budgets but Korean viewers are more sensible now than those days i believe, and it is evident with ratings for many dramas. Now the new Story on SBS will also be one of the most viewed dramas this year. However i will not be watching this drama but one thing for sure the Dramas mentioned above Money Flower, Misty and SBS's newest are award winning worthy.

This is yet again just my opinion, there are people who prefer Rom Coms or just ordinary K Drama over Quality dramas so it depends on the interest, however stations want to get idols to act, with basic scripts to bring in money but in return their loosing viewers and i read some articles after SBS and MBC drama awards 2017 and most people thought there were better actors/actresses who are not idols who deserved awards and they had to award the idols when some cant even act. For example take Descendants of the sun, in my opinion it clearly had no story but people watched it just for the Cast and they did so well but after all it was just a meaningless story (as for me) and at the same time there were so many better dramas airing but they could not keep up with DOTS.

So the best dramas might not be the most popular among many and might have lower production budgets but ratings will indicate the truth, and the Ok (ish) dramas will be the most popular among people but will have less ratings with a higher budget.

5 hours ago, w0wanaz said:

the rating...omg... RR fighting!!!

.... but... what actually happened to  kdrama fans lately? 

All in all radio romance is a slightly above average drama and there is a good international audience for this as well. I will be watching this until the end with you guys! :D

Ladies ... thanks so much for all the views, updates, inputs.  Most especially, I truly appreciate the lovely thoughts over Sohyun and Doojun.  They have beautiful screen chemistry and they can really really act so well.  Love love Radio Romance!  I suspect the ratings can be a concern for the cast and production ~~ I don't understand Korean audience.  Could there be more K-drama international fans than local?  And maybe they opted to watch the Winter Olympics?  Some might flame me but I am a simple fan who loves Kim Sohyun and her (shippable) cutie oppas unconditionally.  I was a tad unhappy with Ruler plot, writer, director but I stayed till the end.  So, I am staying and watching this until the end with you guys and gals! I thank my lucky stars for daebakdramaDOTcom for very fast good English subs.

@mimisl123 Hello chingu, I am glad that you are joining us on this thread.

@Yongzura @USAFarmgirl About the confession of PD Lee, I am still convinced that his feelings are different from JSH's feelings. First, when he visited GSR's mother, he not just called her mother, he also described himself as her son. The remark he made to SGR that she shouldn't follow JSH too much as a woman could be perceived as a comment from an older brother concerned about his sister's heart. From what we have watched, Lee is someone direct and honest. He likes SGR but to me, he only said it because JSH wanted him to deny any feelings towards her. Now, I am wondering if Lee hasn't met SGR and JSH at the hospital before and witnessed their romance? He did mention that he spent a lot of time there due to the illness of his parents. So touching her so often in front of JSH could be on purpose.

I am more and more convinced that Jason is a true friend but he has not realized that his superior might have bad intentions towards JSH. I saw that he was writing to a certain doctor Kim. Then when he entered JSH's house with his mother, it was clear that he wanted to see, how JSH would react towards her. In my opinion, Jason knows that JSH's mental issues are connected to his family.

Finally, it seems that the episode 8 represents a turning point of the relationship between JSH and KJW. From now on, he will act as his real manager and not as NJH's puppet. I hope that NJH gets sued by JSH and the drama company, as she used his stamp without his knowledge and consent. This woman needs to face a real scandal so that she gets aware of her wrongdoings.

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@mimisl123 Hello chingu, I am glad that you are joining us on this thread.

@Yongzura @USAFarmgirl About the confession of PD Lee, I am still convinced that his feelings are different from JSH's feelings. First, when he visited GSR's mother, he not just called her mother, he also described himself as her son. The remark he made to SGR that she shouldn't follow JSH too much as a woman could be perceived as comment from an older brother concerned his sister's heart. From what we have watched, Lee is someone direct and honest. He likes SGR but to me, he only said it because JSH wanted him to deny any feelings towards her. Now, I am wondering if Lee hasn't met SGR and JSH at the hospital before and witnessed their romance? He did mention that he spent a lot of time there due to the illness of his parents.

I am more and more convinced that Jason is a true friend but he has not realized that his superior might have bad intentions towards JSH. I saw that he was writing to a certain doctor Kim. Then when he entered JSH's house with his mother, it was clear that he wanted to see, how JSH would react towards her. In my opinion, Jason knows that JSH's mental issues are connected to his family.

Finally, it seems that the episode 8 represents a turning point of the relationship between JSH and KJW. From now on, he will act as his real manager and not as NJH's puppet. I hope that NJH gets sued by JSH and the drama company, as she used his stamp without his knowledge and consent. This woman needs to face a real scandal so that she gets aware of her wrongdoings.

defintiely having watched ep7-8, I also believe that what LG feels towards SGR and her mother is more from a platonic and familiar relationship and care rather than actually loving SGR as a women.

well i think that if LG did spend time in the hospital a lot then perhaps he did run into both of them the same way SGR and JSH cross paths. I think it is highly possible, clearly LG has not told us the whole story about why he wanted JSH as his DJ as well as his own backstory, I am sure he carries his own pain and scars, just that he hides behind a 'namaste' facade.

Yeah I agree, after seeing the way Jason interacted with SGR and with JSH I too dont believe Jason is any villain or whatever sort. he truly wants JSH to be well and heal himself. It does seem that Jason know a lot i dont believe that Jason started treating JSH since he was a teenager but he knows enough of JSH past in the hospital since he was a teenager.

Yeah I really want KJW to be a true friend and manager to JSH; i hate seeing how both of them are actually in pain because of their past and still this vicious cycle is pain and betrayal.

Totally, NJH needs to wake up, she is wayyy to self centred.

@bebebisous33 Good to know that you are here too!  Looking forward to reading your great insights on RR just like you did with MF. :D

I cant believe Eluchacha Waikiki made it to the Top 10 according to that tweet .:o

Anyway With the upcoming development of the love triangle and possibly some plot twists RR ratings will rise in the next week and it will be aired on normal times as i heard.

@Yongzura @mimisl123 @kaoriharang

I have been thinking about the connection between SGR, WJW and JSH. We have to imagine that while JSH went to the hospital, he fell in love with SGR at first sight. Since he was just treated for insomnia, he didn't stay that long. However, during his stay, he met WJW and became friends and both became close. Both met SGR the same day and fell in love with her. Since WJW is always seen wearing a bonnet/cap like WJW, I have come to suspect that WJW could have been terminally ill (Just like the girl you posted above). Moreover, we heard that JSH has been donating money for leukemia. In my opinion, JSH knew that WJW was really sick, hence he decided to visit him as often as possible and on his way, he could see SGR.

Therefore I come to the conclusion that the author of the letters is the real WJW. But WJW was shy and also scared to meet SGR for real because he knew that he would die soon that's why JSH accepted to deliver the letters to her.  While WJW wrote her letters, JSH became his messager, hence he still has letters addressed to SGR. At some point, he was so in love with her that he kept these to him and enjoyed spending time with her.

Since it is written SGR is WJW's muse, it is clear that SGR inspired him to compose music. He has a guitar. This would also explain why JSH only approached SGR, when she was blind because he knew that he was betraying somehow his friend. He couldn't help it as he felt lonely and she gave him warmth and love which he was really missing. That's why he refused that she would remove the blindfold... because if she saw his face, she would call him WJW and his friend would notice his betrayal. Everything was fine, until WJW decided to sing in front of her so that he would reveal his identity. This would explain why in the last minute JSH turned around and walked away as he didn't want to witness WJW and SGR together. He was afraid that WJW might discover his betrayal, if she mentioned the kiss aso. 

I guess, that before the accident, JSH must have met WJW and told him to leave him alone because he felt burdened about all this (his love for SGR, his friendship with WJW and his betrayal), yet at some point he must have regretted it that's why he ran to that place, just before the accident happened. 

PS: Maybe WJW didn't love SGR the same way than JSH and the latter misunderstood WJW. Moreover, maybe WJW knew how JSH felt but that day he wanted him to meet SGR for real. SGR might have been just his muse in the end and his love for her was different. I am sure that JSH never read the letters as well.

22 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have been thinking about the connection between SGR, WJW and JSH. We have to imagine that while JSH went to the hospital, he fell in love with SGR at first sight. Since he was just treated for insomnia, he didn't stay that long. However, during his stay, he met WJW and became friends and both became close. Both met SGR the same day and fell in love with her. Since WJW is always seen wearing a bonnet/cap like WJW, I have come to suspect that WJW could have been terminally ill (Just like the girl you posted above). Moreover, we heard that JSH has been donating money for leukemia. In my opinion, JSH knew that WJW was really sick, hence he decided to visit him as often as possible and on his way, he could see SGR.

Therefore I come to the conclusion that the author of the letters is the real WJW. But WJW was shy and also scared to meet SGR for real because he knew that he would die soon that's why JSH accepted to deliver the letters to her.  While WJW wrote her letters, JSH became his messager, hence he still has letters addressed to SGR. At some point, he was so in love with her that he kept these to him and enjoyed spending time with her.

Since it is written SGR is WJW's muse, it is clear that SGR inspired him to compose music. He has a guitar. This would also explain why JSH only approached SGR, when she was blind because he knew that he was betraying somehow his friend. He couldn't help it as he felt lonely and she gave him warmth and love which he was really missing. That's why he refused that she would remove the blindfold... because if she saw his face, she would call him WJW and his friend would notice his betrayal. Everything was fine, until WJW decided to sing in front of her so that he would reveal his identity. This would explain why in the last minute JSH turned around and walked away as he didn't want to witness WJW and SGR together. He was afraid that WJW might discover his betrayal, if she mentioned the kiss aso. 

I guess, that before the accident, JSH must have met WJW and told him to leave him alone because he felt burdened about all this (his love for SGR, his friendship with WJW and his betrayal), yet at some point he must have regretted it that's why he ran to that place, just before the accident happened. 

PS: Maybe WJW didn't love SGR the same way than JSH and the latter misunderstood WJW. Moreover, maybe WJW knew how JSH felt but that day he wanted him to meet SGR for real. SGR might have been just his muse in the end and his love for her was different. I am sure that JSH never read the letters as well.

I like your thought and if this really happen i can understands why su ho become like that.he must be feel miserable inside and nobody truly on his side....i had soft spot for this kind of character.....i really like it

For the ratings it does not matter anything to me...as long as i enjoy the drama its okay.

I find the highlighted part interesting, found this under a comments thread for Ep8 so this belongs to that respective owner.

What do you think?  @bebebisous33

Two boys and one girl
Both she hasn't laid her eyes on
Or is it one boy with two names?

A first love for her, a first love for him
However the story is tangled
Is he who he claims?

The boy now a man
Unable to express any true emotion
Will she break through?

A new man in the picture
To possibly sway her heart
Or will she stay true?

Theories and notes:
SooHo and JiWoo best friends who both fall for GeuRim..
SooHo is actually JiWoo..
Therefore SooHo is the best friend in a white beanie and who gets run over by the truck..
JiWoo writes the letters to GeuRim..
JiWoo keeps her company but he doesnt let her see him..
When SooHo dies, does JiWoo take on his best friend's name? So when he graduated SooHo/JiWoo placed his graduation certificate inside memorial for SooHo..
The change in name is the secret that TaeRin and Mr Kim knows about?

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

hmm interesting theory.

Though I would prefer if it was that WJW was more of the one that was planning on bringing SGR and JSH together.

the other question i have is that. when JSH entered the hospital, he entered under a false name am I right? That was established when SGR asked Jason the question if JSH was ever called WJW once. So that means JSH came in under a false name or that he provided a false name to SGR when she asked him who he was?

If really WJW liked SGR as well, that is a sad burden to carry as well because your friend and you like the same girl and you end up  causing your friend's death. I can imagine the closer he gets to SGR, those guilt feelings will resurface.

4 minutes ago, mimisl123 said:

Theories and notes:

1. SooHo and JiWoo best friends who both fall for GeuRim..
  2. SooHo is actually JiWoo..
  3. Therefore SooHo is the best friend in a white beanie and who gets run over by the truck..
  4. JiWoo writes the letters to GeuRim..
  5. JiWoo keeps her company but he doesnt let her see him..
  6. When SooHo dies, does JiWoo take on his best friend's name? So when he graduated SooHo/JiWoo placed his graduation certificate inside memorial for SooHo..
  7. The change in name is the secret that TaeRin and Mr Kim knows about?

Interesting theories, i think number 6-7 is good questions.

hmmm, well it is difficult though. I mean is JSH is not his real name then wouldnt his mother know about it as well?

I have a feeling JSH's mother doesnt know about what happen to friend.

So if that does happen then it would really complicate matters. 

11 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

hmm interesting theory.

Though I would prefer if it was that WJW was more of the one that was planning on bringing SGR and JSH together.

the other question i have is that. when JSH entered the hospital, he entered under a false name am I right? That was established when SGR asked Jason the question if JSH was ever called WJW once. So that means JSH came in under a false name or that he provided a false name to SGR when she asked him who he was?

If really WJW liked SGR as well, that is a sad burden to carry as well because your friend and you like the same girl and you end up  causing your friend's death. I can imagine the closer he gets to SGR, those guilt feelings will resurface.

His guilt did resurface that's why he distanced himself from her in the episode 4. Moreover, this would explain why he stopped looking for her after the accident as he felt guilty. He knew where she was living all this time but never searched for her, until he met her. He felt that he had no right to love her and be with her.

I would like to add that I am more inclined to believe that JWJ actually loved SGR differently and JSH might have misunderstood him. A muse means, she is his source of inspiration which doesn't mean that it is a romantical relationship. JSH seems to be very easily jealous, his gaze, words and behaviour really underline it hence I  can imagine that he must have felt jealous at some point towards WJW.

@mimisl123 The idea of exchanging the name is interesting but back then JSH was already famous as an actor. I mean JTR won her award in 1998 hence this change of name would have been noticed. 

It doesn’t matter what color hair one have - JSH just a heart breaker to anyone looking at him, at least to me :huh:.  I wonder how he is in real life like... if eyes and voice can kill, Yoon Doo-Joon nailed it.  The guy have potential and charismatic to me..the innocent and at the same time wanting for more but not knowing what to do is just too HOT for me to handle.. I can’t wait to see what he would do or say next... or don’t do....nothing all.... YDJoon made the heart beat.  They are only few Korean Male actors out there that I really like and Doo-Joon made the list.  While PD Lee Kang looks like all funny and Nameste... but if one really listen to him and watch him... I felt like I can count on him... like my Hyung... the guy is good and talented in all his Nameste way.. in my opinion, when one encounter this kind of individual, one must seek deeper.. I know I am super crazy for JSH but PD Kang would give you a run for your money.  I felt Hyung Nameste should be there, in between JSH and SGR, that’s the only way to encourage the best of JSH as a person. Build the courage to fight for what he was deprived in the last 12 years at least. Surrounded by Friends and be in love in a unconditional manner.  JSH have to earn it.  Yes. there might or might not be love triangle... but who cares... the heart is meant to be broken in order to be stronger and live... I really love this drama... maybe am a sucker for JSH ... I want to see more of SGR to be a strong lady and grow up as a mature lady.  I want to see that she is there for JSH or even PD Kang for the right reason... I hope, we don’t go that path “what is the right thing to do - in a triangle or in unapproved relationship - take things in my own hand without communication”. I would love to see the characters grow together.  I want to see more conversation in all the characters.  Honestly I can watch them all day long... well for a start I repeatedly watched each episode at least twice..... muahahahahahaha

Archived