Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2019] Different Dreams, 이몽

Updates from BH Entertainment instagram on KWB behind shots :)

@titania1000 yes, looks like there more after the bloodshed in the club looking at all the videos and photos that they are releasing. Why are they letting out spoilers before the drama is aired hahaha

Yes, I can imagine how this whole event would have affected KWB, to relook at his approach all this while and how effective it is.

• Like 2

Such a satisfying episode! It got action, romance and tears perfectly mixed! B)

And the end was fantastic, totally fitting! Especially the final "twist"....

I think everybody will love it! 

Let the romance speaks for itself!:wub:

• Like 6

LYW With the cast! :heart:

I  miss them already!:tears:

She also posted the last romantic MV for YJ and KWB! :wub:

So this old vid on her insta was the bts for her final scenes with YJT/KWB!

So lovely! :love:

• Like 3

More closer that we can dream to ever have them on the drama!

D_XXrsgUcAAfb0H.jpg

He's still so desperately in love with her! :tears:

• Like 4

Yowon looks even younger with this new hairstyle and colour. So pretty. She really doesn't look like a mother with eldest child already a teenager :wub:

i can't bear to watch the final episode. couldn't let the show go. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

Fukuda has such pure love to YJ, indeed.  He even follows her footsteps becoming a spy just like her.  What a sweet guy.

Matsurra has 9 lives.  He just doesn’t perish with 5 gunshots.  Perhaps YJ finally will get him assassinated at a vital point this time in the end.

• Like 4

On 7/14/2019 at 5:59 AM, hahanzyy said:

i can't bear to watch the final episode. couldn't let the show go. :sweatingbullets:

I SO get you: i will be holding on it for a little time because i don't want to let go of them.

I wasn't expecting to become so attached to those characters.

On 7/14/2019 at 6:08 AM, blu76off said:

Thank you for sharing! 

I was looking like a crazy yesterday for updates on him and his reaction to the end of the drama but couldn't find anything. :tears:

Sadly I don't understand the interview but i guess he's expressing his feelings about working with the team and  what the drama meant to him. 

He did a fantastic job from the beginning to the end: i hope he enjoyed himself and he's proud of himself and his work!

All those people who hated on him for playing KWB can go to hell. It was an excellent representation of what a revolutionary leader could be and would do with his humanity and his  flaws. 

He was MY leader and no other actor could have done as well as he did (few could have taken on the role but it wouldn't have been very different and his version will always stay a reference for me).

On 7/14/2019 at 7:46 AM, QSD said:

Fukuda has such pure love to YJ, indeed.  He even follows her footsteps becoming a spy just like her.  What a sweet guy.

Indeed his love was pure. 

I think the scene where he watched over her when she was hurt and started reading Bluebird, he realized that he fell in love madly but didn't know her that much. She was still  a mystery despite everything they went through.

He felt the urge to understand her dedication to the independence fight which lead her to sacrifice everything in her life and that's how his own political path started, but he didn't offer to Kim Gu to join to get closer to her. I felt it was his way to separate from her and had a goal consistent with his beliefs  that belongs to him only.

It's because of his love for her that he couldn't shake or forget that he started to question things, but in the end it wasn't about her anymore and he made his final choice based on himself.   

It's a good idea to lead him to this transformation through his feelings but the writing still had missing pieces (for a lack of time) to make his change of heart completely convincing and compelling. 

Did i dream or the writer hinted that something was going on with Miki?

On 7/14/2019 at 7:46 AM, QSD said:

Matsurra has 9 lives.  He just doesn’t perish with 5 gunshots.  Perhaps YJ finally will get him assassinated at a vital point this time in the end.

I believe she killed him in the end and i loved how it was shot!

She's the new Nam Ok! So badass! 

I felt like MIki here!B)

giphy.gif

Credit: alice_suttirat

• Like 7

@titania1000 Yes, your guess is more less spot on :)  KWB had it for me in the last few eps, his lost and pain is immense, and Cho Bok Rae (who acted as Kim Nam Ok) was great in his performance in episode 19. This episode is mainly about Nam ok and WB, what they have been through and what they promise each other of the future and their fight. 

KWB looking so warm with children

KWB looking so fine like an elite during the party hahaha

And this

Love Miki's reaction during the last planned attack :)

Noticed that KWB and LYJ don't behave as intimately as what a couple will do. Agree that they have many burden and pain within them. Their interaction seems rather distant to me. Well, maybe all this happened during a more conservative period where man and woman do not openly show their affection hahaha

• Like 4

23 hours ago, kdrama.nangja said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I just finished one the best KDrama in history. Hm. 

I don't think you're wrong at all! I'm pretty sure this is very true! ^_^

I can't imagine that anything else could top this drama. It was the perfect mix of everything that i wanted to see supported by a strong and incredibly talented cast, a virtuoso director and brillant writing. 

My only complain is that i wanted more of it: 50 min per episode was too short. 

Like Fukuda said, it was "incredible, precious and special".

21 hours ago, blu76off said:

Yes, your guess is more less spot on :)  KWB had it for me in the last few eps, his lost and pain is immense, and Cho Bok Rae (who acted as Kim Nam Ok) was great in his performance in episode 19. This episode is mainly about Nam ok and WB, what they have been through and what they promise each other of the future and their fight. 

I didn't expect that their friendship could take so much place, so if i'm stunned and depressed by the turn it took, i'm more happy that it became so essential to the story when it reached its peak.

The writer, director and the actors gave us a real gift.  

I love that this drama had the perfect balance of friendship, romance and family relationships. 

Speaking of family bonds,

KWB looking so warm with children

He has such natural and light chemistry with them! 

Is it because  the children were both little girls (the one at Yoo Tae Joon's farm and his imaginary daughter with YJ)? He looked especially cute with them.

I could feel that his personal experience as Dad made his reactions with children very happy.

KWB looking so fine like an elite during the party hahaha

https://twitter.com/Dominador_413/status/1150347884652425217

And this

So SO fine!

In every scene actually! I don't remember a time where i wasn't glued to the screen when he was in the scene.

And when he wasn't, i was looking for him. 

Love Miki's reaction during the last planned attack :)

Sipping her tea in a very calm and detached way  while everyone was dying around: a masterclass of cool attitude.:w00t:

Noticed that KWB and LYJ don't behave as intimately as what a couple will do. Agree that they have many burden and pain within them. Their interaction seems rather distant to me. Well, maybe all this happened during a more conservative period where man and woman do not openly show their affection hahaha

I think it was true at the start only and was explained by their personality and their context: they are two people who have been struggling with intimacy all their lives.

She's been forced to hide her true feelings almost 100% of the time until she met him: he was the first person with who she revealed her true self. She was used to distrust everyone: to open up was a real work on herself. As powerful as her feelings are now, they came progressively. 

There's a striking contrast between the way she approached him on the train station in Manchuria and when she returned from USA and they met in Shanghai where they are hiding as married couple. Their large smiles and kisses and hugs were so free and warm at that point. Just remember the way  she ran into his arms: it said it all. They were truly happy and glowing.

KWB is not a man used to share his emotions at all: he was living a life in clandestinity lying about himself and his true identity all the time. Only Nam Ok was privy to his real thoughts. Being too close to people could have been dangerous: their first shooting in the church with Nam Ok was for a comrade who betrayed him despite his promise to die for Joseon. 

For a man that never fell in love before in his all life  i felt he gave himself and showed his true feelings rather quickly. He was a violent man most of of the time: dealing with the tenderness that she was offering as much as he wanted it seemed silly when they didn't have even hope to have a future together.      

If he can not always express himself, he knows very well how to let her open her heart, let out her fears and emotions and support her just by his presence in a subtle way, without adding anything to her thoughts.

I think there's also an aesthetic choice in their romantic scenes: the director wanted all their kisses and hugs to have this etheral quality. With the slow definition, time seemed to stop and everything seem to freeze during their physical contacts. It was beautiful but in a cold way which might have undermined their emotions.

But there's also flaws in their relationship (she didn't try to reach him and hide after she survived what happened in the club)  and that's why i don't want a season 2: their love ended in a perfect place. 

I don't want a new season to shake up their feelings, which would be inevitable with Fukuda being inside the KPG and staying as close to her as he was in the end.

He found a new goal for himself but it would be easy to reactivate the triangle since he's now more than ever in position to be a real rival for KWB.       

I don't know how many times i will need to watch this to get over the drama! :tears:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2019 at 12:21 PM, titania1000 said:

Does he mean that they will reshoot scenes too? :o

Sorry to quote myself but i have found the article that LJH quoted in his insta post where he said that he was going to China soon.

It's this one:   https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000746096

And the Google traduction tells me:

The two companies have re-edited <I-Mong> and agreed to re-create <I-Mong> as commercial film and release it in China through additional shooting if necessary. As for these businesses, the two companies are reported to have installed a joint T / F as soon as possible.

I'm dying now to see it! :tears:

In other circumstances, i wouldn't put a lot of thought on it but with a chinese investor involved, it's pretty sure that the main actors : YJT and LYW wiil come back if asked.

Hopefully they will involved too the director and the writer to keep this work as faithful as possible to the original!  

• Like 3

uc?export=view&id=1nCkzxx0ZnmgNfGb3hUhvX

uc?export=view&id=1LmI4HbsedlVPc8m28xFj4

uc?export=view&id=1dQjLb3ankPPukozIXf1At

The last sequence of the 3 of them on the mission is awesome.  WB & Fukuda are elite in tuxedos.  YJ is badass as an assassin.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

uc?export=view&id=1hnu6Haxh5P6uH6mwL516C

uc?export=view&id=1A9WXvE3O7zyX8iUIg4dWc

uc?export=view&id=11tNZlSFTPQh9g8dG_OKCX

Magnificent cinematography.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Another BTS from Episode 18

@titania1000 yes, KWB and his heroic corp members are my favourite moments. They are like a big family.

YJT seems to be a gentle and warm man off screen, especially towards kids and animals, unlike most of his characters on screen, as you see here hahaha

On the romance part, perhaps you are right. But for some reason, the romance here doesn't get to me. It's the bromance and the friendship that is more appealing :P Now I see why they cast Lee Young Ae at first, to revive the romance from the ever so popular One Fine Spring Day, 18 years ago :P

I don't think there will be a second season. They did mention about a webtoon that will be an extension of the drama. But I have not read anymore further on it since the news first came out before the drama started.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, QSD said:

Magnificent cinematography.

Thank you for amazing gifs!

I wonder where they filmed the countryside scenes. It was such a pretty place! 

10 hours ago, QSD said:

The last sequence of the 3 of them on the mission is awesome.  WB & Fukuda are elite in tuxedos.  YJ is badass as an assassin.

So awesome that it makes me my doubt my decision to not root for a season 2! B)

This trio is to kill for! 

2 hours ago, blu76off said:

Another BTS from Episode 18

Thank you! 

YJT's smile is so precious! He looks even more handsome here, as if it's possible.:wub:   

I'm always looking for the scenes between the 3 leads because they are rare and riveting for me.

yes, KWB and his heroic corp members are my favourite moments. They are like a big family.

I'm like you: they gave us the best scenes of the drama.

For me, KWB was the head of their family before being a romantic lead.

On the romance part, perhaps you are right. But for some reason, the romance here doesn't get to me. It's the bromance and the friendship that is more appealing :P Now I see why they cast Lee Young Ae at first, to revive the romance from the ever so popular One Fine Spring Day, 18 years ago :P

I just wanted to add my thoughts to your feelings because i had the same impression and a fear that they would continue to lack intimacy but thankfully  it changed for the good, at least for me.

But it's totally ok for me:  despite my enthusiasm i get it if the actors or the romance didn't do it for you.

Also, you're not alone : there was shippers for YJ and Fukuda too. Few people didn't ship anyone. 

i'm just satisfied that i ended up  loving all the cast: main and secondary leads, and supporting cast. I wouldn't change anyone.

Pics from the wrap party are emerging on insta: i'll post them in separate messages because i don't want to use spoilers tags.

zEwc2Oglyl2faYGjGPnwKP8zcZPTxrvMreTONfNj

2OsJuRv6XnNBGLbkEMS5mbXNOEV8rCaHqAwcdAHS

lUuTaJPohPANdukYla1C5j5q_KaZ7hTarBDSRE4O

Source: k.hyesun__13/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@titania1000no worries, we all have our own views and I'm fine with that :) I guess I am the rare few that doesn't ship anyone in the drama :P

Another BTS of the Heroic Corp Members

And missing Nam Ok here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blu76off said:

And missing Nam Ok here

:bawling:

KWB's reaction was devastating! I'm haunted by this scene!

An amazing performance by YJT! 

• Like 2