[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Tvn really deserves all the massacred tsk tsk tsk

i read ep 2 was supposed to be 90 min but with the mess, they only managed to air 59 min. Talk about being unprofessional to the max :confused:

apparently they changed again. They said airing ep 2 tomorrow is no definite so ep 2 might air nex Sat at 11 and ep 3 at 9 pm. On Sunday they gonna air ep 1-4 consecutively .....

i remember watching a drama where they were live shooting till they only finished filming one hour before airing time and guess what? The broadcast staffs managed to edit the drama live... tvn is just the worst

• Like 3

How come they can’t even decide on an airing schedule? They should just calm down, sit and think about what they really can do based on the material they have and the other programs’ scheduling before sharing that. 

I’ve seen dramas finish filming on the day of the broadcast of their last episode and not having this kind of problems...

Lee Seung gi is so loved by Koreans, they messed up with the wrong person for sure.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Okay so Lee seung Gi coming back in town forced me off my hibernation and made me log in again after may be eons.. 

Caught up with the first episode (though there were quite a few scenes that weren't subbed, and completely ignoring that most of those unsubbed portions were that of our OTP), I must say I'm pleasantly surprised that I liked it so much . guess because I went in with minimal expectations, kept away from all the trailers and potential spoiler materials, I liked it so much... 

Got a lot of Masters sun deja vu with all the ghosts and exorcism stuff, but this one was a little bit more on the creepier side I feel. Especially those Annabelle cosplay dolls, I legit scremed in the last 10 mins, it was so creepy.. Will have to Fast forward such scenes in future if such nightmarish spooky things continue to happen... 

The lead couple is already oozing chemistry, just a few minutes of screen time together and I'm already sold onto them.. And so am I on the Monkey -bull dynamics.. Their comic timing is seriously on point. They are two characters I look forward to eagerly at... 

The first episode has got me really excited for the whole series, hope it doesn't disappoint.   

P. S- please tell me that it's just the holiday season that has got the subbing to be slow.. I really don't think I'm used to it anymore to wait weeks for subs.   

P. P. S- also Netflix doesn't have the sole rights for subbing the show, right? I hope not. I really wish for Netflix to keep far away from kdramas, Viki and dramafever do a perfectly fine job of feeding the fans...! 

• Like 3

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/24/tvn-apologizes-broadcast-post-production-issues-2nd-episode-hwayugi/

tvN Apologizes For Broadcast And Post-Production Issues With 2nd Episode Of “Hwayugi”

Hwayugi7.jpg

After numerous issues during the December 24 broadcast of “Hwayugi,” tvN has apologized to its viewers.

While the commercial breaks are normally only supposed to last a minute, they went on for an unexpected long amount of time during this broadcast, showing trailers for film “Mother” and variety program “Youn’s Kitchen” as well. In addition to these commercials, clips from script reading sessions for “Mother” and “Youn’s Kitchen” were shown instead of returning back to “Hwayugi.” During all of this, there was a caption that read, “The broadcast is being delayed due to internal issues within the broadcasting company. We ask for your understanding as the broadcast will continue shortly.”

While “Hwayugi” eventually began airing normally again, the broadcast was abruptly cut altogether at around 10:38 p.m. KST, with an announcement from tvN through a caption. It read, “We will be ending this broadcast due to internal issues.”

There were also issues with the episode itself. Viewers noticed several issues that were not resolved in post-production. During the scene where Oh Yeon Seo‘s character is auditioning, wires holding up the “demons” could still be seen, although such things are normally erased through CG. Other examples include visible wires holding up picture frames, and a green screen that was not edited out.

Hwayugi8.jpg

tvN officially apologized for these issues, stating, “The broadcast of the second episode of ‘Hwayugi’ on December 24 did not go smoothly due to delays in post-production. We would like to sincerely apologize for making viewers feel uncomfortable, and we will do everything possible to make sure such an incident does not happen again.”

Explaining how the production crew has been giving it their all during filming and editing in order to make a high-quality drama, tvN continued, “While they tried their best to complete everything within a short amount of time, the production crew’s passion and ambition unfortunately led to the huge mistake that was [today’s] broadcasting accident. We will learn from today’s mistake and make sure to make it up to the viewers with better broadcasts.”

As it was cut and did not air fully, the second episode of “Hwayugi” will be reedited and rebroadcast.

2eZqr5L.gif

What a mess :blink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems like Tvn just did a major messing with the broadcasting today.  No wonder people are so riled up. Hope that they do know that they just messed up with one of their most anticipated dramas.. 

It was supposed to be one of the Big drama this year not only for the audience but for the channel itself and yet they go ahead showing their incompetence. . 

I perfectly understand that it's Christmas time and that the staff too is probably in the mood for christmas season, if that's the case it's better to preempt the episodes completely rather than showing such haphazard material.. People have waited for months for the drama, I'm sure most wouldn't mind waiting a couple of weeks more. Atleast there wouldn't be disappointment then.. 

Hope no more blunders are made now forth to cover today's blunder... 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, daloula said:

They should just calm down, sit and think about what they really can do based on the material they have and the other programs’ scheduling before sharing that.

I can't even call this a mistake. I can't see how it could've been a mistake. They knew exactly what they were giving them. It was done deliberately. Someone messed up big time, and he/she/they will have to be held responsible. 

They knowingly proceeded to air an unfinished product without any care for their audience. Where's the professionalism? 

"Internal issues" they said. They must be very serious issues. 

It's official. Rebroadcast tomorrow at 6:10 pm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Slyfindor said:

Seems like Tvn just did a major messing with the broadcasting today.  No wonder people are so riled up. Hope that they do know that they just messed up with one of their most anticipated dramas.. 

It was supposed to be one of the Big drama this year not only for the audience but for the channel itself and yet they go ahead showing their incompetence. . 

I perfectly understand that it's Christmas time and that the staff too is probably in the mood for christmas season, if that's the case it's better to preempt the episodes completely rather than showing such haphazard material.. People have waited for months for the drama, I'm sure most wouldn't mind waiting a couple of weeks more. Atleast there wouldn't be disappointment then.. 

Hope no more blunders are made now forth to cover today's blunder... 

anything would be a dissapointment.. once its started airing, pushing it back is a problem itself..

My bet is.. this is tvn's one big hit this year unlike last year which was awesome for them.. they must have thought of using the time to promote other stuff.. and def planned to use more than a minute.. but somewhere that also got messed up :)

they will get the flak today but that's it.. 

this goofup just confirmed advertisers that this show is super hit.. and as long as episodes ar eback.. audience will tune in

• Like 4

Guys hello! I'm new here :wub: Unfortunately haven't had the chance to watch any of the episodes, because I was unable to find a subbed version :\ can anyone help me out and link me the 1st episode if it's subbed somewhere? thank you very much 

• Like 4

So she is being punished for releasing Son O Gong,that's how she began her misfortune and being "food" for evil things changing her fate...Sounds reasonable that the gods would punish the one who goes against their orders

I must say the main OST that sings for our couple si simply beautiful,can't wait for the release...Still warming up to the ending one,somehow i don't think it fits sooo well

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

I must say the main OST that sings for our couple si simply beautiful

Yes, yes it is.

When I saw you

47 minutes ago, anipanch said:

Guys hello! I'm new here :wub: Unfortunately haven't had the chance to watch any of the episodes, because I was unable to find a subbed version :\ can anyone help me out and link me the 1st episode if it's subbed somewhere? thank you very much 

You're gonna have to wait some more. Viki is still subbing it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ais1ing said:

Viki say's Episode 2 will be out in five days but we do have the first episode to watch. sigh-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

I just got a notification from the channel manager that ot won't be uploaded until next week too. I was hoping it would be Tuesdaydragonprayplz.gif?1 but at least we have the first episode. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, evie7 said:

I just got a notification from the channel manager that ot won't be uploaded until next week too. I was hoping it would be Tuesdaydragonprayplz.gif?1 but at least we have the first episode. 

they have to match netflix's schedule otherwise netflix will lose money and thereupon tvn future deals get affected or any channel for that matter.. or viki-netflix both won't happen again..

this totally depends on freelancing subbers.. if someone decided to do it..that's the only way we are ever getting on time subs

• Like 3

4 hours ago, anipanch said:

Please check your message box.  Oh, I'm late...he he

• Like 3

Tvn excuse just showed how unproffesional they are

but this drama sure have plenty of  CG effects lol

bur Wow... with such mess the rating is still high for last night. The viewers are so loyal.. lots of them are waiting till late night for rebroadcast

watched a bit of ep2 .  Sun Oh Gong is so mean asking Sunmi to jusy give up her life. can't wait for him to fall in love with her

• Like 3

tvN Apologizes For Broadcast And Post-Production Issues With 2nd Episode Of “Hwayugi”

UPDATE: tvN has announced that the re-edited Episode 2 will be broadcast on December 25 at 6:10 p.m. KST.

Following numerous issues during the December 24 broadcast of “Hwayugi,” tvN has apologized to its viewers.

While the commercial breaks are normally only supposed to last a minute, they went on for an unexpected long amount of time during this broadcast, showing trailers for film “Mother” and variety program “Youn’s Kitchen” as well. In addition to these commercials, clips from script reading sessions for “Mother” and “Youn’s Kitchen” were shown instead of returning back to “Hwayugi.” During all of this, there was a caption that read, “The broadcast is being delayed due to internal issues within the broadcasting company. We ask for your understanding as the broadcast will continue shortly.”

While “Hwayugi” eventually began airing normally again, the broadcast was abruptly cut altogether at around 10:38 p.m. KST with an announcement from tvN through a caption. It read, “We will be ending this broadcast due to internal issues.”

There were also problems with the episode itself. Viewers noticed several issues that were not resolved in post-production. During the scene where Oh Yeon Seo‘s character is auditioning, wires holding up the “demons” could still be seen, although such things are normally erased through CG. Other examples include visible wires holding up picture frames, and a green screen that was not edited out.

The rest of the news is HERE

Hwayugi8.jpg

• Like 4