[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

5 minutes ago, dvrels said:

Pardon us, hahaha. We just couldn't take it since it's hurt SM very much, we knew he's doing it because he loves her very much. Just like when everyone criticize SM for choosing to be lock in the coffin for the sake of OG, now OG doing the same thing. When will they both become Mr&Mrs Smith to fight the enemy together? *Sigh*

Seriously this!!!

i'm waiting for my hot and sexy couple Mr&Mrs.Sun to take action together 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

2 minutes ago, kdramafangirl29 said:

Am I the only one who's nervous for episode 18??? I feel like I'm not ready for it... :( 

I'm nervous too but I already give up in guessing what will happen and being passively to accept what Hong Sisters gonna gave us *sigh* 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Just now, dvrels said:

I'm nervous too but I already give up in guessing what will happen and being passively to accept what Hong Sisters gonna gave us *sigh* 

Haha I feel you. So many theories in my mind but they always surprises me with the twists and turns. Let's just enjoy the show and pray today won't end with sadness again  :grin:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, missirina said:

Haha I feel you. So many theories in my mind but they always surprises me with the twists and turns. Let's just enjoy the show and pray today won't end with sadness again  :grin:

I don't feel like watching it live at all or looking for spoilers cos i'm too scared of the sudden heart breaking scene like last night *stress*

i'm also scared the tonight cliffhanger will be painful and agonizing again

can't they let my otp stay together to face this doom instead???!!!

5 minutes ago, astrobooy said:

To me the reason why he does that (SOG) he knows what JSM will do . She is pure hearted human and she will be willing to sacrifice her self for the world and for SOG  . And he is not having any of that and any bs of the heaven realm .

This is true 

if Sunmi knows about the sword she will want to sacrifice herself and takes of the GGG.

Asking him to let her die and since the GGG is taken off, he should be free 

OG is not taking any of that crap lol

• Like 1

Usually most of k-drama that i've watched have this behaviour. if 1 or 2 eps before the last eps is filled with sadness and gloomy atmosphere the ending will more like a happy one or at least an open ending lol, from the live recap yesterday i think eps 17 is a sad one? ( haven't watch because the engsub ) but its still 3 episode more to go so im quite nervous about the ending, hope its a good one, gonna relay on the live recap today, thanks in advance for the live recap :)

• Like 3

OMO! JSM called SOG, & then SOG appeared where JSM is already drunk.. JSM gave something like a diamond? then, SOG threw it up to the sky.. then maybe JSM used her power to lift up the spoon on her food? LOL

but all of a sudden, she started saying all her pain & SOG just politely listening.. :bawling::bawling:

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Jloves said:

OMO! JSM called SOG, & then SOG appeared where JSM is already drunk.. JSM gave something like a diamond? then, SOG threw it up to the sky.. then maybe JSM used her power to lift up the spoon on her food? LOL

but all of a sudden, she started saying all her pain & SOG just politely listening.. :bawling::bawling:

Just reading this made my heart hurt... :bawling:

• Sad 3

I'll just copy-paste the live recap here :) 

CR: HWAYUGI, A KOREAN ODYSSEY LIVE RECAP EPISODE 18

Spoiler

HWAYUGI, A KOREAN ODYSSEY LIVE RECAP EPISODE 18
—————–
OPENING
THE CANDIDATE asks OG what he is talking about, is he playing him? Is he really helping him even though he is blackmailing him? OG says that he will really help him so gather all his team, whoever wants to make him a president and whoever wants money and power. Gather all those people. But The candidate wants to know, does this mean he should go to the highest position and give OG whatever he wants? This sounds like a contract.

OG tells him that he has to leave and watch My Golden Life, so the candidate can just talk to OJ and try to contact him. But the candidate doesn’t think that he can trust him, is he a god? OG laughs, he says that he knows what kind of world this candidate will make and the gods won’t help him, so think of him as a demon and it will make more sense.

MANSION
MW sees his cow as a coat hanger again, he sighs and enters the house. OG is laying in front of the TV. MW wants OG to at least change his position or something. He wants to just throw this couch away. They bicker back and forth about watching TV and how it costs MW a lot of money for OG to watch all his programs. But OG tells him that he will pay it all back.

MW wonders if OG is really preparing to die, but PG just sits up and says that he found out about the dragon. But MW doens’t think that the dragon can be a bad thing because it is sacred. OG says that this is a bad dragon, a black dragon that is filled with all the bad things in the world. MW thinks you can’t win over a black dragon. But OG just wonders if a dragon can be that strong, MW fought with a dragon before, how was it? MW says that he didn’t lose, they just tested their strength against each other, it was really strong.

MW tells OG to use SJ, just put the dragon in SJ and kill SJ. He isn’t doing it because of the GGG, but if they find a way to remove it then they can do it. OG tells him to cut his hand then, lets try it and see if it really dissapears. MW is shocked, really? Okay, but you can’t pull away at the last minute.

MW uses his hand as the knife and tells OG that he thinks nothing will change once he cuts it off? OG says that he hopes that will happen. But MW stops, he thinks that they shouldn’t cut his hand off, he should just fight the dragon. MW tells OG that he is going out for a while and OG should stay there.

Then SJ calls OG. He immadiately goes and he winds up at a street bar.

—————–

STREET BAR
OG thinks that SJ isn’t even in trouble. But SJ is drunk and wants OG to put some candy in the sky. he sighs and does it. But then SJ says she can do something also and we see her using her powers to straighten out a soup stick. Then she tells OG that she likes sea eel, can he make a sea with some soup. They are talking about nonsense because SJ is drunk. She wants to make a sidedish land and drink all the drinks and eat all the sidedishes. She will live with OG there. But actually when he was chasing her and telling her he would eat her, she liked it and she didn’t believe a handsome guy like him would eat her. When he folloed her and told her that he loved her, she was so happy, and she liked the ice cream and cotton candy they ate together. But after the GGG dissappears, they won’t see each other anymore, what should she do? She loves him so much.

SJ starts crying and OG watches her. Then we cut to SJ’s room where she is sleeping. OG is in his social club room alone.

CANDIDATE
ASY and the candidate talk at the location where the dragon will appear. they talk about all their bad deeds and ASY tells the candidate that she needs.

ASY thinks back to what OG said…this dragon won’t be normal and SJ is stronger to ASY. She noticed how bad this dragon will be and that this dragon won’t be sacred, it will be dark. But ASY says that this is a gold dragon but it betrayed her and became a good king. OG tells her that this was the old her, she is a bad demon now so she won’t call the same king of thing. A bad soul attracted another bad soul, like her.

ASY looks at the candidate with rage. She thinks that she came to the candidate because he killed Buja and that OG is right.

SJ WORKPLACE
The sec talks to SJ about the super rich OG. M groups cooking team sent some food for SJ to eat. But SJ tells the sec to eat it, the sec is all like, noooooooo you should eat it, M group sent this for you! He pulls her over to the food and tells her that OG always brought icecream, the sec thinks of OG and icecream as a pair. he thinks about it more than his own kids and icecream. But that just makes SJ think about OG and ice cream and cotton candy and ddukbogi, she starts to cry and hit her chest. The sec is super confused…boss???

Spoiler

MANSION
MW is chilling at home, he talks to himself about enjoying his off day. But something isn’t righat about watching TV so he gets up to clean his bull. While cleaning, he looks at the monkey statue and wonders if this statue will dissapear once OG leaves as well? He is about to spit on the statue, but decides to clean it as well. then he looks at his statue and thinks that the place will be empty if only the cow is there.

Then the door opens….is it OG?….no, it is Sec Ma. SM brings MW some food and they start to talk about saving the monkey (so the interior design of their house will look good). they go to the devil shop.

DEVIL SHOP
the kid is at the devil shop as MW and SM show up. they are there to get the GGG and the son gives them the old fashioned GGG. Cut back to MW and Sm in his office. MW pulls out the crown looking GGG, he wants to put it on his head so SM puts it on there for him. The GGG starts glowing and MW thinks…wow….wow…oooooo. But nothing is happening. MW tells SM to ask him to do something but she thinks that she can’t ask MW anything. But MW says it is okay so SM tells him to rais his right hand and MW says he will raise his left hand. He raises his left hand and is in pain. Wow, so does it do this everytime? Then SM asks him something else, to walk, but MW says that he will run! he starts to run but then he is in excruciating pain.

SM takes the GGG off of MW and he is back to normal. He thinks OG might die with the GGG after all. Then he puts it on SM and aks her to raise her right hand, she does….but no you should do the opposite! He keeps asking her to do things and she keeps doing them, she doenst do any opposite thing because she always does exactly what MW does. She bows at him and the GGG falls off her head.

they wonder, huh? How can it just fall off? They try it again. SM puts it on and takes it off easily. The grandson must have given them the wrong product!

—————–

OG AND ASY
ASY likes that OG and her have a secret relationship now. She starts to ask OG about his life now, he isn’t living in the penthouse anymore right? Can she go to his place? OG tells her that she shouldn’t be hitting on her now, how many days has it been (since sleeping with someone)? But ASY looks sincere. However OG basically tells ASY that she should call a different person to get busy with because she is hitting on him all the time. He leaves but ASY thinks that this isn’t it.

SJ AND SEC
The sec thinks that the candidate will be president because the older man who was always with the cadidate is dead now. So now the candidate is the #1 person to become president. SJ is concerned and thinks that another person died around the candidate. She goes out and runs into the candidate, she sees the vision again. But then she also runs into ASY. ASY says that she picked the candidate and SJ confronts her about it. SJ starts to talk to Buja instead of ASY and a red light shows in ASY’s chest. SJ grabs ASY’s hand and then has a vision of the candidate killing Buja. She stares off at the candidate and then tells Buja that the candidate killed her.

Spoiler

ASY tells SJ that she took her power, she has abilities now. But SJ says that ASY went into Buja’s body and is helping the person that killed her, she is a monster.

The candidate comes up to them and SJ basically ignores him. Sj tells ASY that she will find the waterfall that they went to because she is strong now and she storms off. The candidate wonders what this is….do you need SJ? ASY says that they don’t need her but the candidate looks newly interested in SJ again.

SJ goes and sits on a bench. the halmae from the store is also on the bench and they start to talk. The halmae says that SJ needs to empty what is precious to her, something that not just anyone can do. Only SJ can do it.

MANSION
MW has a GGG from the store, this one shouldnt’ be defective (but maybe he could take it off also?). he tells OG that he can put it on his head. It looks like they are giving us a hint that OG can just take off the GGG himself. They bicker back and forth. OG says that he tried to take it off before, but he gave up.

MW takes the defective GGG back to the store and asks for his money back. But the high school kid tells him that they don’t have any defective GGG’s. The kid put it on his head and MW starts to ask him where he hid the money and the kid has to tell him that he hid it in the pot. MW takes it off of the kid and wonders how the GGG works again. He tells the kid that it didn’t hurt to much, but he says that it hurt a lot. MW is about to leave, but the kid tells him that ajusshi forgot his umbrella. MW turns around and says that no one calls him ajusshi, but the kid asks if he can just call him ajusshi? MW says that is fine…just stop stealing money. MW leaves and the kid says that he is not just a monster, he is half a god also (he says it annoyingly).

—————–

WINTER GOD AND ASY
WG and ASY are at summer gods bar. OG called both of them there to talk. ASY gives her a disposable cup instead of a real one though because he doenst’ want ASY to touch any of the cups that his sister loved.

OJ tells WG and OG that before all the artifacts where stones, a pots, and a swords, but now they are humans. In addition, they will have a 100 years anniversary for their foundation and the candidate will be there. Meanwhile, the candidate is talking to ASY at the river. But news broke that the candidate is pro Japan. His grandfather was pro Japan. This is a big deal in Korea so once he gets to the museum he is swarmed by reporters. They ask him about all the deaths around him and his grandfather. This is front page news on the internet and everywhere.

The candidate knows that the news is all true.

OG wonders if the black dragon will dissapear or if the true identity will be revealed of the artifacts. All the media starts saying that they support the candidate. The academics all say that they don’t believe the rumors. And the companies say that the candidate is innocent and the supereme court people all got together and say that the candidate is okay. the foundation the candidate runs will the foundation for Korea’s future. All the power in Korea doesn’t care about the candidates past or any of the news.

Spoiler

MANSION
SJ has a request to MW. They talk about what OG is doing. SJ tells them that the candidate killed Buja, she saw it. MW and SM are shocked to hear this, so SJ wasn’t attracted to the candidate for his power. They tell SJ to attend the Korea foundation party. Then MW tells Alice that the candidate is a bad guy. Alice wonders if they should call PK and MW thinks that Buja is so pitiful.

Cut to the hospital. ASY is at the hospital and finds out that Buja’s mother died. She is emotional about it and a tear drops. ASY turns to leave and PK is right behind her. He wants to know why ASy is crying over Bujas moms death. She says that she isn’t, but PK just pulls her into a warm hug.

FOUNDATION
All the people gathered at the party are all the artifacts that they need to call the dragon. OG thinks that he has had enough, but he can’t leave becaue he felt that SJ came there. OJ says he smells lotus flower. Cut to SJ and SM talking to the candidate. But SM gets a phone call and leaves SJ and the candidate alone. The phone call is from OG, he wants to know why SJ is there. SM tells oG that SJ is looking for the bad spirit herself, so they can’t hid it from her.

Meanwhile the candidate and SJ talk. SJ wants to buy the land with the water and cliff. OG comes up to them and the candidate leaves. SJ tells OG that she wants to go to that land that she saw. They she fills OG in on Buja and ASY and the candidate killing Buja. OG thinks that the candidate attracted the monster buy himself. The dragon will come from the cave that SJ saw. Once hearing that, SJ thinks that it was good that she went there.

—————–

RESTAURANT
PK and ASY talk about Buja and what happened at the hospital. Then they talk about how ASY was in a high position in the past, almost as high as the king and someone like PK woulnd’t be able to sit with her at all. But this is actually a nice date that they are on. After the date, ASY takes PK to the candidates place and shows her the coffin. PK tells her that he wants her to be a nice person and protect Buja’s body. He doens’t want to see her get hurt. Then he tells her that it is sad that she was betrayed and had to sleep in a coffin for over 1000 years, he understands why she is so bad and angry. But she can become a good shaman again. ASY tells pK that she likes him because PK doens’t make her feel like a bad person and she warmly smiles at him.

FOUNDATION PARTY
OG and SJ talk in the party, but OG raises his voice and says that he is much stronger than MW, tsk. Everyone turns and looks at them. SJ tells him, you are very popular now. That is when someone comes up to them and OG pretty much tells him to shoo. But SJ tells him that he should be more respectful to the elderly. OG thinks that guy can’t be older than 80 though, OG is much older. Another woman and her daughter approach OG to talk. The young woman is very pretty, so SJ tells OG to behave like he behaved before. Cue OG being rude to the two woman, they run away in horror. Then OG smiles at SJ.

Then SJ and OG find a quiet place to talk. Sj says that she met the store owner and the owner told her what she should do, she has to empty what is most precious to her. OG says that she isn’t some container, but Sj continues…if she empties everything then she can do what she is supposed to do, so she is going to empty everything. that includes OG. The White Heron told Sj that OG is specal. She will trust what the White Heron said. Og wonders, does that mean that SJ will empty everything right now and clean it up well? he doesn’t care where she throws it all away, just don’t do it in front of him. She makes him pitiful, so empty it where he can’t see her do it. He leaves.

Spoiler

OUTSIDE
SJ goes to a terrace area and sits. She looks at the sky and thinks back to OG showing her the stars. She thinks that she needs to empty her mind so she can see the stars again.

MANSION
MW thinks that maybe only men can’t take off the GGG? SM comes in at that moment and tells MW about SJ, then they talk about the GGG, they should try it again.

Cut to OG storming into the devils shop. He wants to know why the halmae told SJ to empty everything. Halmae says that she didn’t force her, it is Sj’s choice, she is special enough to sacrifice herself. But OG tells Halmae that she put the GGG on him, who is she? The halmae tells him that he doesnt’ need the GGG anymore, it doenst’ have any power now.

Cut to SM talking off the GGG, it doens’t work for her. They are both confused. SM thinks that the GGG is for obeying but SM is 100% obeying MW anyway, so it isn’t needed. Aha! So if someone 100 follows the person who put it on, then it should come off.

Cut back to OG at the store, she tells him that he can take off the GGG because he got out of the GGG’s power already. So he can also change the fate of the black bell. So basically, he was a bad mannered person but he changed into a good person and decided to love SJ, so he changed his fate.

OG goes somewhere by himself and takes off the GGG himself!

—————–

So it seems like OG loves SJ without the GGG, so that is why he was able to take the GGG off. The GGG doesn’t have control over him anymore but SJ does still have control over him because he loves her.

OG goes back to the terrace where SJ is and slowly walks toward her as she stares at the stars. She doesn’t notice him.

OG – When I look at her like this…she is prettier

OG has pain in his eyes as he says this.

Then the piece of candy comes down from the sky and lands on SJ. SJ picks it up then looks around, but OG is gone. he eyes look pained as she wonders what their fate will be.

MANSION
MW happily tells OG that he found out the secret of the GGG! You don’t have to…..But then he sees that OG already took it off. MW wonders how he feels and OG says that he overcame the GGG and his mind didn’t disspear, he still loves her. He doesn’t know when he started loveing her though. MW says that he felt strange when OG threw away all the marrinade. But then OG puts the GGG back on, for SJ.

MW tells him that SJ will be happy that OG still loves her without the GGG. But OG just thinks back to the white heron killing herself. he thinks that if they come through this in the end, then he will take it off again. MW thinks OG is a crazy thug and wonders where the sword is. but OG won’t tell him. MW talks about spending a lot of money on the GGG. But OG says that he overcame the GGG, so he can defeat the dragon.

Cut to a sleeping dragon in the river.

PK, WG, ALICE
PK, wintergod, and Alice are all talking. Alice says that ASY is a really bad monster and then PK remembers something. ASY knew that the candidate killed Buja, but she still picked him. He thinks that he will kill them all, the candidate and ASY.

OG AND SJ
OG is staring out a window and Sj comes up to him. She wodners why he threw that star candy at her. He throws everything at her, love and everything, so she was having a hard time. But Og wonders, Is she hear to just argue becasue she has a lot on her plate? SJ tells him that she has a lot on her mind and he tells her to empty it all at him. SJ looks at him and tells him, I love you. I love you so much, I love you. Then she hugs him.

OG looks stoic as she hugs him. then SJ backs up and tells OG that she loves him, again. She kisses him and he kissed her back.

OG – so if you just give it to me like this, then I won’t stop
SJ – I love you.

He pulls her into a deep passionate kiss and we cut to them in bed still kissing. then they stop and look at each other. OG runs his hand over SJ’s face and they look at each other deeply. Then they each pucker up and start to kiss deeply again.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Why the writer in is so cruel????? Why JSM and SOG should have 2nd separation like this????? The 1st one is the bookseller case, because of normal life matters, they hurt each others. And now they should be in greater sadness because of "I don't want my love die, let me die alone" 

by by the way YouTube not update yet... I just read live recap now

• Sad 2