[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Anyway in some previous post someone mention that SJ fate could be different with the previous SJ,. Heaven need the powerful OG to destroy the evil, with OG own power he can't win so he need to eat SJ to be more powerful to destroy the evil,. If MW help OG to fight that evil, isn't it enough? MW is powerful too. Plus General Frost can help too, is that not enough? *Sigh* can't think after watch ep 17

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

i try to keep the positive vibes about the ending, i think nobody will die, but may be they will be separated for quite sometimes before they meet again in the end, with her  "breaking thing"s power in the end SM trying to help OG but somehow in the end OG is vanishing in some kind of blast, for OG who finally realize how to care about other will be rewarded by the gods by sending him back to earth, OR other options is they both vanish in the battle closing the hell gate and end up in heaven together cozing trouble asking for justice demand for heavenly wedding :grin: and the baby? its theirs, the baby is the new Samjang with both of his parents being his Guardian. LOL... i hope tonight episode will be nicer :rolleyes: have great Sunday all :)

• Like 3

Sunmi is indeed the most pitiful female lead in k-drama land already. I dont think of anyone could be more pitiful than her. Goblin last year had Ji EunTak, whose fate was incredibly tragic from the very beginning, but at least she still had some happy breaks from suffering with her goblin, trustworthy friends to rely on. but in the case of Sunmi, out of all 17 eps, she still gains nothing. OG is the only one who bothers to care what she thinks, how she feels, whether she lives well or not. Even in the very beginning when he still thought of her as his prey, he's the only one who cared to fullfil her last wishes before ending her life. So crazily hurtful that the only creature who actually cares for you is the one that can kill you in the blink of an eye. More hurtful that you fall in love with him with every single day doubting if his love is real or not. Hurtful to the point that you may abandon your life knowing that in the end, you or your only one who cares for you have to die, the no other way around. She's literally on the edge all time, having no break from tragedy. 

Edited by Bò Tai Xanh
  • Like 4
  • Sad 17

14 minutes ago, Bò Tai Xanh said:

Sunmi is indeed the most pitiful female lead in k-drama land already. I dont think of anyone could be more pitiful than her. Goblin last year had Ji EunTak, whose fate was incredibly tragic from the very beginning, but at least she still had some happy breaks from suffering with her goblin, trustworthy friends to rely on. but in the case of Sunmi, out of all 17 eps, she still gains nothing. OG is the only one who bothers to care what she thinks, how she feels, whether she lives well or not. Even in the very beginning when he still thought of her as his prey, he's the only one who cared to fullfil her last wishes before ending her life. So crazily hurtful that the only creature who actually cares for you is the one that can kill you in the blink of an eye. More hurtful that you fall in love with him with every single day doubting if his love is real or not. Hurtful to the point that you may abandon your life knowing that in the end, you or your only one who cares for you have to die, the no other way around. She's literally on the edge all time, having no break from tragedy. 

its so trueee, At least Ji Eun Tak have "friend" and not alone, there;s grim reaper and the shop manager, But sunmi from the start until now only have son oh gong, she only have him by her side, the others only take advantage from her. And knowing the truth the only person you rely on is the person who will kill you  at the end is really hurtful

• Like 5

SOG will not die. That's a given. Everything the show's character has said have been prophetic. In the earlier episode SBR said everything is already preordained, the GGG will be worn and what is supposed to happen, will happen. There have been too many hints on SOG suffering after JSM dies.

1. The Gods want him to suffer in immense pain. That won't happen if he dies. Death ends pain but if you are left behind and the person you love dies, the pain is endless. Maybe for humans, time heals but for immortals? Its never ending. We have already seen how unchanging their love is and how they prioritize their lover over everyone and everything. That was hinted by SBR and SM's conversation on whether SOG will be able to love with the same intensity and passion as MW. That will be tested and the answer will be a resounding yes.

2. He has his 2900+ bottles of liquor to drink. They have time and again mentioned how he will drink them after his ban is lifted after his punishment ends. That will definitely happen. The difference is, instead of happiness and glee, he will drink in sorrow and heartache. To forget and dull the pain rather than enjoy and savor.

3. Even though the Gods are mad at SOG, they won't go so far as to kill him for a mere mortal. They won't even change him into a human from an immortal. That would be such an insult. Reincarnation was used in Goblin and I doubt the Hong sisters will go that route. It's too cliche now with almost all immortal shows choosing that path. The only solution is JSM dying and becoming an immortal, a deity. Hinted by the title montage of the show where JSM(in the middle, holding her umbrella), SOG and MW are depicted in white marble proving their deityhood. I have no idea how MW will gain it with how selfish he is but I care more about my OTP and that is a good hint for them.

4. They have given no human connection to JSM. She has no one who loves her, no family which will mourn, no friends who will miss her and in her opinion(because she thinks SOG love is due to the GGG and will disappear with it), no lover who will cry and be devastated. Her death will have no lasting effect on anyone but SOG. By making her so isolated, they have made sure that she has no will to live for any relationship but for SOG. And by giving them a Death bell fate, they made sure that she will choose her death than let him die in her steed. That was the cruel twist. She has someone that she can fight to live for but if she lives, he dies in her place.

5. Besides it was SM's body that was made to sacrifice with her special blood. And IF SOG dies, won't she be ripe for attack by other evil spirits? Maybe MW himself will kill and eat her. If SOG dies, she is as good as dead too and with her the whole world.

All in all, everything points to JSM dying and not SOG. The new OST is another clue.

• Like 6
  • Sad 11

8 minutes ago, booho said:

its so trueee, At least Ji Eun Tak have "friend" and not alone, there;s grim reaper and the shop manager, But sunmi from the start until now only have son oh gong, she only have him by her side, the others only take advantage from her. And knowing the truth the only person you rely on is the person who will kill you  at the end is really hurtful

if i were her, i'd die in the hand my beloved one rather than being ruthlessly taken advantage of too many times like that. At least I could die for my beloved to live. I really wish Sunmi would be MW's child, which is unlikely to happen now, so that the whole situation could teach his stupid bull head some serious lesson. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I THINK MY PRECIOUS OTP HAVE SUFFERED ENOUGH AND THEY DESERVE A HAPPY ENDING. THE HAPPIEST EVERLASTING ENDING.

DW3ESJtU8AEJRap.jpg

DW3ESDTUMAA_e7D.jpg

Also, maybe it's just me but the way he said "Now that I'm looking at you like this, you look even more beautiful" makes me think that HE IS NOT WEARING GGG ANYMORE AT THAT MOMENT. I want to say I'm ready for more angst and heartbreak coz I'm getting used to it BUT I'M NOT. NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES, I'LL NEVER BE READY OR GET USED TO SEEING MY OTP IN PAIN.

• Like 13
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

At this point, I am really mad at everyone for hurting and using SunMi :huh::huh:. I will only cheer for Secretary Han Joo because he is the only one that care of her since the beginning up until now :D:D HanJoo shi~ hwaiting! :D

Right when i was watchinglast night ep, i was like " Hanjoon love towards Sunmi is true love indeed"

not in lovers way but as family maybe?

he is so loyal and how sweet he is to trust his kids to Sunmi every time despite maybe the rumour about her being a bad luck/ scary/ weird , etc?

he says Sunmi must be something special and the way he speaks to her so blantantlt without any hidden agenda

Fighting Hanjoon-ssi indeed :D. The sweetest man in the world 

or Jonathan, please cheer Sunmi up with your cheesiness!!

@YourHighness . wow heaven is such a richard simmons. Sunmi is the saddest female lead indeed.

it's not about the typical female lead suffering  of  living a poor life working 10 jobs , etc but the way she has no friends, no family, everyone out to get her, and now the only love of her life hurt her 

I would want to be trapped in the book or coffin forever :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

I have this theory (since the show has said time and again that it's all preordained) that the Gods always intended for SOG to fall for JSM and love her for real, then kill her, BY HIS OWN HAND so he will feel pain that he never did. Maybe she was made for him but since he was a predator and ruthless, they needed time for him to fall in love so they put the GGG on him. They intended for him and JSM to think that the love is fake but the minute she dies and the GGG comes off, he will be in excruciating pain. Maybe to make him suffer, they gave her a tragic fate? What they never foresaw IMO is that our SOG is smart and will start to suspect that his love is not just due to the GGG.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

32 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

I have this theory (since the show has said time and again that it's all preordained) that the Gods always intended for SOG to fall for JSM and love her for real, then kill her, BY HIS OWN HAND so he will feel pain that he never did. Maybe she was made for him but since he was a predator and ruthless, they needed time for him to fall in love so they put the GGG on him. They intended for him and JSM to think that the love is fake but the minute she dies and the GGG comes off, he will be in excruciating pain. Maybe to make him suffer, they gave her a tragic fate? What they never foresaw IMO is that our SOG is smart and will start to suspect that his love is not just due to the GGG.

How come i'm always drawn in into yor theory and speculation!!

always loving them... i hope all you wrote  come true in this drama

3 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

I'm pretty sure this scene happens after the drunk crying scene because of the hangover soup ... and the article said Hanjoo received the delivery... is it from OG?  

ahhhh just a few more hours 

I hope it's really from OG

what if it's from Kang Dae Sung/ ASN?

OG needs to kill all the flies going around his  precious food already :tongue:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Hwayugi: Episode 17

by javabeans

hwayugi17-00156.jpg

I can feel the story ramping up for the final showdown, which is something I’m very much looking forward to. In fact, I’m getting pretty impatient for people to stop sitting around opining about the imminent end of the world and actually face the thing already; there’s been a lot of talk and not a lot of ruination, which is making me somewhat bloodthirsty. Chop chop, plot monkeys! Let’s get this doomsday on the road!

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/02/hwayugi-episode-17/

• Like 6

there is something suspicious... why the sword is katana? i mean the sword is japanesse sword right? and we heard that when SM was young she had a trip to Japan... also Akiko is japanese and still alive and want to kill everyone that know her... maybe doesn't make sense, but i feel bad

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just delurk for the remaining 3 episode. As someone mention it about Goblin's Ji Eun Tak, why do i feel the ending will be somehow similar to goblin ending? where the ending not sad nor happy too. Im pretty sure it wont end when one of the main lead dies, but there will be an after story after the die scene ( if really happen ) i still bothered by the baby tho... because as someone mention before, the previous guardian said "its not time the baby born, but i made it travel with time" and as we all know the baby is similar to SOG like MW mentioned. The baby listen well to SOG too, its confirm when MW told SOG to play peek-a-boo and the baby stop crying rightaway after SOG play with him lol, i really hope its not an open ending tho..

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

please be creative writer nim

no more reincarnation ending blah

i thought OG intended to make Sunmi an immortal like him

their marriage is a contract. Even when ASN was in Sunmi's body, he have to abide to it. So now why is this otp not keeping up to their contract? Hmmph.. they deserve to get some punishment from viewers 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8