[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Lee Seung Gi Makes Crazy Ratings Promise For “Hwayugi”

Lee-Seung-Gi-XPN.jpg

On December 15, the actor participated in the press conference for tvN’s new Saturday-Sunday drama “Hwayugi” alongside PD Park Hong Gyun, Cha Seung Won, Oh Yeon Seo, and Sung Ji Roo.

In regards to the ratings promise, Lee Seung Gi said, “Rather than [a promise] for 20 episodes, if we get 10 percent ratings for the first episode, I will reenlist,” which caused Cha Seung Won and Oh Yeon Seo to try and stop him. He laughed and added, “I have no idea. I’m sorry.”

Lee Seung Gi continued, saying, “I feel like the first broadcast has to bring around 10 percent in order for it to be worth making a ratings promise. If we pass 10 percent, then I’ll receive special [military] training. It only takes three weeks. I’ll try parachute training.”

Written by the well-known Hong Sisters, “Hwayugi” is set to air its first episode on December 23 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/14/lee-seung-gi-makes-crazy-ratings-promise-hwayugi/

• LOL 8

Oh Yeon Seo And Lee Seung Gi Preview Their Sweet Romance In “Hwayugi”

Hwayugi2.jpg

n the newly released stills, Jin Seon Mi (played by Oh Yeon Seo) and Son Oh Gong (played by Lee Seung Gi) look like they’re on a date. She is smiling and gently resting her head on his right shoulder, while he tries to play it cool.

Due to her ability to see evil spirits, Jin Seon Mi has never been able to go on a proper date, so this is the first time she’s able to enjoy herself on a date. Son Oh Gong looks at her as if he understands this and shows some fondness that is rare for his character.

This was reportedly the first affectionate scene that the two actors filmed for “Hwayugi.” Before they started filming, the two chatted and set a friendly atmosphere that allowed them to naturally portray a couple on camera.

Despite filming on the set of a rowdy pub, the couple was able to create an intimate atmosphere, receiving praise from the staff. Lee Seung Gi also adjusted his shoulder and checked to make sure it was comfortable for his partner throughout filming.

more https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/15/oh-yeon-seo-lee-seung-gi-preview-sweet-romance-hwayugi/

• Like 6

I wonder how many eps have they filmed so far....

i totally love this coupling already :wub:

Judging from the preview, Sun Wu Gong promised to be Ji sun Mi's protector when she was a kid as long as she calls his name but this naughty monkey took his name from the little girl's memory so she couldn't call him

wonder what made him come back.. is it because she is the only key to the heaven?hence Bull demon king and other demons are always after her.... 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, haymochi said:

I wonder how many eps have they filmed so far....

i totally love this coupling already :wub:

Judging from the preview, Sun Wu Gong promised to be Ji sun Mi's protector when she was a kid as long as she calls his name but this naughty monkey took his name from the little girl's memory so she couldn't call him

wonder what made him come back.. is it because she is the only key to the heaven?hence Bull demon king and other demons are always after her.... 

I think she has the power to unlock the seal that has been placed on Sun Wu Gong, idk which god but they sealed some of his power and she is the key to opening most of his power so he can return and wipe out heaven. Don't trust me much though i don't know much but that's what i heard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Guest norakim

I think this one of the few dramas where the female main lead isn't a poor girl that works seven jobs to take care of her families' debt. She's actually an CEO for a real estate company. I like that. 

WOW! they had their Press Con already. It's usually like a day before the airing date. I wonder why it was so early. Anyway looking at Hong Ki's IG update he explains that he couldnt make it because his on tour in Japan. I hope this doesnt mean that HongKi gets a really small role. :confounded:

As a modern twist to Journey to the West, Lee SeungGi is wearing a faux fur coat. I find this quite funny because I guess it saves him from a 2hr special effects makeup and not to mention ruin his skin esp if they were to transform him to look like a monkey. 

SeungGi's lastest IG update, they are filming ep 6 now

• Like 6

Premiere Watch: Hwayugi

by girlfriday

premiere_hwayugi.jpg

Hwayugi

Time slot: Saturday & Sunday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Fantasy horror romance
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Yay, Hwaygi week is finally upon us! I know I’ve been disappointed by the Hong sisters writing duo on more than one occasion, but they’re also the writing team that brought us Master’s Sun, Best Love, and My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho, not to mention dramaland classics like My Girl and Delightful Girl Chun-hyang. So hope is still alive for them to come back strong in their latest project, especially when they’re reuniting with Lee Seung-gi, Cha Seung-won, and Lee Hong-ki.

The fantasy romance is a modern twist on the classic Chinese novel Journey to the West that places an assortment of supernatural beings in the middle of modern-day Seoul, a city infested with dark spirits that must be eradicated. I’m going into it not expecting a faithful remake in any sense of the word, since the novel seems to be just a jumping off point for a few key characters (like the Monkey King or the Bull Demon King), and I expect the drama to create a mythology all its own that’s very different.

The one carryover seems to be the Monkey King’s mischievous personality, which I’m looking forward to most since this is Lee Seung-gi’s first post-army drama, and I like him best when he’s playing delightfully impish, immature characters. Come to think of it, I don’t know of a time when he didn’t play a character like that. Maybe it’s just fate. God, I hope his army comeback project doesn’t bomb.

Please don’t be a disappointment, Show. It’s Christmas for crying out loud! Have a heart!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/12/premiere-watch-hwayugi/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

FTISLAND’s Lee Hong Ki Sports A Pig Nose In New “Hwayugi” Teasers

lee-hong-ki-hwayugi-3.jpg

In the drama, which will air its first episode on December 23, Lee Hong Ki plays a pig monster. His character, P.K, is a superstar celebrity that uses his magical powers to seduce women.

The newly released stills show P.K, who has successfully hidden his identity in the past, looking distraught as he reveals his pig snout for the first time in public.

lee-hong-ki-hwayugi-1-540x810.jpg

Lee Hong Ki reportedly impressed the production staff with his professionalism while filming the scene, which was shot on December 2 outside of a club in Seoul. According to the crew, the FTISLAND member displayed remarkable concentration in spite of the freezing weather. Even with only a thin leather jacket to shield himself from the elements, he made zero mistakes and managed to shoot the scene without having to redo a single take.

The producers commented, “The more we filmed with Lee Hong Ki, the more we found ourselves thinking, ‘Would any other actor be able to express P.K’s lovable side like this?’ That shows how well-suited Lee Hong Ki is for the part, as an actor who can portray both P.K’s clownishness and his charm at the same time.”

more https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/16/ftislands-lee-hong-ki-sports-pig-nose-new-hwayugi-teasers/

• Like 5