[Drama 2017] Girls' Generation 1979 / Lingerie Girls' Generation, 란제리 소녀시대

0ly40

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess someone messed up in the PR department and was trying to keep DM and Jh’s ending as a secret. If you look at the Kbs naver page, they purposely only show someone’s arm reaching out giving JH flowers.  Obviously this got spoiled already.

Someone mentioned if teachers were really strict in disciplining students then. I remember my elementary school teachers were none the better. They threw chalks at us, knocked our knuckles with wooden ruler, forced the repeatedly misbehaving students to eat fresh chilli etc except for pulling bra straps which I think is sexually abusive. 

These days, teachers are not allowed to lay fingers on their students or would risk being reported to police by the parents. Only the school principal is allowed to cane or expel the students who fought or are physically abusive. 

I'm seriously discovering some new things there days. Where was I since?  Lately I have been looking at YC like I have seen that face somewhere.As a newbie in k entertainment  not long ago, everybody tend to resemble everybody to me. I can hardly differentiate especially those music idols. Gosh, I wish he can get a lead role. He had a strong screen presence and swoony:heart:

I've not been that old in kpop so don't know most of them.

18 hours ago, honeywell said:

Aww I really hope this isn’t a dream...DM looks more mature.

Hide contents

That guy is something else even as a nerd. See beauty.I must admit Korean guys are among the hottest in the world.

@newyee, I was told to weed an entire pineapple orchard by one teacher cos according to him I am a notorious noise maker. 

On 10/2/2017 at 12:06 AM, stuartjmz said:

The Drama is based on a webtoon, and its theme is clearly nostalgia - reminiscing about the way things were. The use of so many non-Korean (almost all English) songs was there not some sort of marketing ploy to attract international viewers, it was simply a reflection of the writer's own memories of the music of that era. It's worth noting too that when JH and HJ first really bonded,  HJ said that her favourite song was a Korean one. 

@stuartjmz Thanks for the info. I mentioned before I didn't know this was webtoon. It's cute charming drama. Glad you and others here watching watching this dramas.

14 hours ago, newyee said:

Someone mentioned if teachers were really strict in disciplining students then. I remember my elementary school teachers were none the better. They threw chalks at us, knocked our knuckles with wooden ruler, forced the repeatedly misbehaving students to eat fresh chilli etc except for pulling bra straps which I think is sexually abusive. 

These days, teachers are not allowed to lay fingers on their students or would risk being reported to police by the parents. Only the school principal is allowed to cane or expel the students who fought or are physically abusive. 

@newyee I know right. I've experienced something like that before. Throwing of chalks ( if students not paying attention), hitting the  hands with ruler (if noisy) but never anyhthing  that's beyond that. I guess that's how it was during the 70's. I don't like the way teachers  disciplined the students in this drama, also they way Teacher OH demean and spoke un-teacher like especially with his students. Conduct unbecoming of a teacher attacking a student's personality. That's a no-no.

8 hours ago, darr said:

I'm seriously discovering some new things there days. Where was I since?  Lately I have been looking at YC like I have seen that face somewhere.As a newbie in k entertainment  not long ago, everybody tend to resemble everybody to me. I can hardly differentiate especially those music idols. Gosh, I wish he can get a lead role. He had a strong screen presence and swoony:heart:

I've not been that old in kpop so don't know most of them.

@darr Good to  know you're discovering news things esp with Korean pop culture and all that.  I'm also not into kpop I'm more into kdrama but from what  little knowledge I can share, hope this helps.

Spoiler

I know Lee Jong Hyun is part of CNBLUE  they're more of band. The members also are actors.  Kang Min Yuk Lee Jung Shin Jung Yong Hwa. You may have seen these guys from their respective dramas.

8 hours ago, darr said:

That guy is something else even as a nerd

Seo Young Joo is one impressive actor. 19 yrs old age. He's played Dong Moon so adorable so charming and we root for him! His previous dramas and movies, he's always got the young boy angst. This is great change from that type/ Proves he can act whatever character and till have that [charming] presence. 

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

i'm not ready for this drama to end. tomorrow is the last episode. huhuhu. i have a soft spot for cute dramas with satoori exp: reply 1997~ 

@katakwasabi  That same feeling as well.  So much to explore in this drama. Maybe 12 episodes is okay. I like jdorama 10-12 episodes for dramas.

@0ly40 thanks for the updates. 

I'll check raw in a while. But I'll be waiting for sub and just give my thoughts once I'm done.

@jongski, did you say 19yrs? 

And he look and act so manly? Hey ,dramagod, give this guy a prince in historical drama and see him explode.

Pleeeeeeeze!

Thanks for the insight on LJH. Actually a crazy fan of KMH introduced me to them. As my eyes were only on jongnwa,(don't know if that the correct name)I was told to look beyond him and see others. In fact I was specifically told to watch KMH as he drums his life away. From there my eyes started wandering to the rest of the band. If I tend to discover and like an entertainer, I normally look out for the person in variety shows or anywhere apart from their profession to give me an insight on his or her personality.  Now I'm stalking these guys like a crazy fan. I can't help it. They seem so addictive.

Thanks dearie. My friend is like" I told u that u will love them" and I do!:heart:

Awww they used one of my favorite songs today - I Just fall in love again. :wub:  Today’s was episode was good but kinda went long.  I felt bad for the mom.  I wished she would just confront the aunt and the dad.  Instead she took out her frustrations on JH.  Today JH is finally realizing what DM means to her.  She confronted her feelings for Jin only to find out that being with him didn’t really make her happy.  She still doesn’t acknowledge DM as a man but is slowly getting there.  I’m glad DM is finally giving her space.  He’s done enough chasing.  Let JH sort her feelings before stepping back into her life.  

my heart aches on the last scene.. For  DM, he is done and accepted that JH will only see n Jin.  My heart also aches for JH,  she's not yet realizing she has already falling for DM yet she is hurt that DM kinda cold to her. The bus scene where they are eating corn  is so sweet and innocent, :heart:

I think SJ will start to pursue JH on the last episode,  but it's too late bcoz She will realize her feelings for her dough face man hahaha

3 hours ago, honeywell said:

I’m glad DM is finally giving her space.  He’s done enough chasing.  Let JH sort her feelings before stepping back into her life.  

He simply acted very wisely. At first it became irreplaceable in her life. He was always near, came to the rescue, sympathized. And then he suddenly became cold, pulled away. Naturally, she will now all the time think about him and be bored. And then she will understand that she fell in love ...:wub::heart:

It's love Jung Hee .. love love :heart:

You love him.. uwaaa :wub: my heart flustered... Hope a good end for this drama..and a good love story for Dong Moon & Jung Hee.. 2017 is a year of rookie actor & actresses of SK.. love them..after Kim Jung Hyun.. my Dong Moon fill my heart...hehe 

11 hours ago, notohaterfans said:

my heart aches on the last scene.. For  DM, he is done and accepted that JH will only see n Jin.  My heart also aches for JH,  she's not yet realizing she has already falling for DM yet she is hurt that DM kinda cold to her. The bus scene where they are eating corn  is so sweet and innocent, :heart:

I think SJ will start to pursue JH on the last episode,  but it's too late bcoz She will realize her feelings for her dough face man hahaha

Me too.. felt something deep in my heart.. its hurt.. when JH in his embrace.. woww... my heart aches & happy.. confuse..hahaha 

@darr Hope you can enjoy CNBLUE song from their first album.. its really good... not heavy like FT Island but its suit taste of adult ears...hikhik love all of them but my love for Lee Jong Hyun.. please love him too chingu.. a free and easy guy who search for a freedom and happy life .. he strugling to adapt his life into entertainment business..he look more cool and happy nowaday.. happy for him :heart:

I haven’t been posting but am reading all your posts.  And watching. 

I think based on the clips of tonight and episode 7,  it is uncanny that In the past DM liked JH who liked  SJ,  who in turn liked HJ  who liked YC.   Now HJ has turned around and likes DM.   It had to be that way,, everyone was rooting for DM since the start.  But it is good that he put some distance,  it helped to be missed.    And yes JH,  food is more delicious with DM, am glad she  turned and likes him back.   He has always loved her and has her  back,  including giving JH up to SJ if it made her happy.  

YC also always liked HJ except that his background was stopping him,  and now he loves the brave HJ back.   Their moving away is a must,  for YC to have a fresh start and them to be free to love each other.  She will be good influence to him. 

Son Jin oppa also turned around and liked HJ.  Too late.  While he ended up with no one being in the middle of the “like” chain,  i admit, he is handsome.   In his own time, he will find someone.

That said, the music is spot on,  and so are  the nostalgic long skirts, houses that are varnished wood on the inside walls,  and  portable casette-tape players and radios.    The  sepia tint of this drama makes me also remember  40 yr old photos turning sepia.

Will watch subs of the finale tomorrow. A week is always difficult to wait for a drama, specially the final 2 eps.   

Aww.  A boy like Dong Moon, please! :wub:

I just finished Ep 7. He acted cold to her but still, Dong Moon will be Dong Moon. Even if he wanted to stay away from her, be cold to her,  ignore her. He just can't.  We know  he really cares. .Jung Hee sill doesn't get it, unfortunately.  The mere mention of  the word "friend" just makes it more  clear with Dong Moon that's how Jung Hee sees him. He wants to be more than friends. For Jung Hee to at least reciprocate the feelings he has for her.  Little by little  Jung He has been feeling uneasy, at a loss, not having fun.  She misses Dong Moon's presence.. whether it's eating noodle, sharing something,  or following her like a puppy.

In real life, it happen. If someone does something on a constantly  then suddenly just stops,  the other person  will miss that presence  and actions.  In this episode Jung Hee realized that. Dong Mon is like her source of  comfort. She remembered the times they wwere together (last scenes there a  montage of the two of them). Jung at the moment is not really for same type of feelings. She needs to let Dong Moon know that. However feelings changes, and it takes time.  As we've seen, Dong Moon will always be there for her no matter what.

As for Young Choon and Hae Joo. To spare her of what others may be saying/ gossiping/ thinking, he  pretended he doesn't care, that he doesn't want her. But of course that's the opposite. Young Choon must have owed money ( or something) and he was forcibly taken by two thugs. I wonder how it will tie up  on the last episode.

As for Jung Hee's  complicated Mother, father, and Auntie/housemaid story line. The mother found out already from her gossiping friends. She was trying to ignore it. I'll pretended I didn't  hear that- kind of reaction but of course looking back, she saw signs already.

Last episode aired already but it's raw so I'll wait when it sub so I can share  my thoughts.

As you can see from the thread. Been here since Ep 1 and have long posts. Only means I like this drama a lot.  Like I said this is like the appetizer to the main course (OCN upcoming drama Black).Something to watch while I wait.

It's light, charming 70's nostalgia trip down memory lane. I don't know the songs but I enjoyed the music choices and Dong Moon's existence.  Seo Young Joo ( again from my previous posts, a good young actor) I hope to see him  in lead role. in 16 or 20 episode.

4 hours ago, aniliaz said:

Me too.. felt something deep in my heart.. its hurt.. when JH in his embrace.. woww... my heart aches & happy.. confuse..hahaha 

@darr Hope you can enjoy CNBLUE song from their first album.. its really good... not heavy like FT Island but its suit taste of adult ears...hikhik love all of them but my love for Lee Jong Hyun.. please love him too chingu.. a free and easy guy who search for a freedom and happy life .. he strugling to adapt his life into entertainment business..he look more cool and happy nowaday.. happy for him :heart:

Thanks dear,I'm really enjoying them a lot. I have branched to FT island after listening to their latest single. The vocals got me hooked one day and the rest is history. 

I will tell u how far I have gone with him too. He did we got married and I have watched all his clips. In fact, I have re- watched some of his clips. This is his first drama I am watching. Will watch his other works too. His acting here is very intense and I prefer his lines to that of the main lead. As a matter of fact,I watch the drama mainly because of him and he is doing very well.

Thanks again

It's too bad the series is only 8 episodes.  They left a lot of stuff open ended.  What happened to HJ's dad?  That was a nice twist where HJ leaves with YC.  It's fitting of the time period.  The word "affair" must be a taboo because I notice that the characters like the mom, HJ and etc never gets to close to saying it.  I knew that would be a fake out the minute Jin asked JH to meet him at the exact time DM did.  Seriously though, 1 hour early??!!  DM is hopeless but is still a sweatheart.  His crying at the movie theater was cute.   There would be just no way JH was going to break his heart again.  JH loves steamed buns because of DM.

The series wasn't perfect and I'm sure they omitted a lot of things from the book and simplified the plot.  The characters and the music made me wish for another Reply series set during the same time period at GG1979.

Archived