[Drama 2017] Girls' Generation 1979 / Lingerie Girls' Generation, 란제리 소녀시대

0ly40

i'm enjoying this drama :D. its cute and nostalgic. i also like the satoori, which reminds me of reply 97/94.

maybe i'm in the minority but i like junghee's character. i think junghee will mature through out the series. bona is doing wonders with the character, her previous character in the best hit was quite flat.  

cant wait for new episodes! i cant predict how the story will go~

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great 2 episodes. Am having so much fun and quite surprised to see that not many have started watching. Love the comedic scenes especially the first marching on the field when the 4 girls were marching in the opposite direction cos they were so engrossed with their talk. :lol: Also love the choice of music on cue after every significant /wondrous moment. Definitely will keep on watching- another feel good drama after School 2017 and a stress reliever after TKL.:D

Nice to see soompiers here watching drama. :)

@ZarraJae I know right.. and that nostalgia feeling. As I've said in page 1 most scenes got that nostalgia background music added to the tone and cool factor of period drama. And yes, I  would like Junghee end up with nerdy cutie Dong Moon (played by SYJ he's an impressive young actor! check his movie /drama creds). I watch both episodes live raw  not understanding anything. I knew I was gonna like it. So now that it's sub. I'm gonna watch again.

edit: fix gap

37 minutes ago, jongski said:

Nice to see soompiers here watching drama. :)

@ZarraJae I know right.. and that nostalgia feeling. As I've said in page 1 most scenes got that nostalgia background music added to the tone and cool factor of period drama. And yes, I  would like Junghee end up with nerdy cutie Dong Moon (played by SYJ he's an impressive young actor! check his movie /drama creds). I watch both episodes live raw  not understanding anything. I knew I was gonna like it. So now that it's sub. I'm gonna watch again.

edit: fix gap

@jongskiThanks for the heads up on SYJ. I thought Seo YJ looked familiar. Now I know why - I have seen some of his dramas. He's funny here and I am quite confident that he and Junghee will be a couple later on.

The synopsis says it will get darker but I hope they won't take away some of the humour. Ah..to be 18 again.

I watched the series ... I liked it very much. So much humor, love lines, wonderful retro music ...:rolleyes:
But we also have mysticism here. I do not know how all this can be done in 8 episodes. But it will not be boring !!!
While my favorites here - a botanist and a working bandit ...:wub:
PS. The final of the second series is LOL !!!:lol::lol::lol::lol: Leap-flight from the water - a masterpiece!:blink::D

I have a question can someone clarify it please

Bona of girl group Cosmic Girls has been confirmed on August 17 as the female lead in the upcoming KBS drama, Lingerie Girls’ Generation

The lead male role is known to have been offered to CNBLUE’s Lee Jong-hyun (Orange Marmalade) .

https://www.kdramapal.com/bona-confirmed-heroine-kbss-lingerie-girls-generation/

CNBLUE Jonghyun currently considering role as male lead in KBS new drama 'Lingerie Girls' Generation'

https://onehallyu.com/topic/557193-cnblue-jonghyun-currently-considering-role-as-male-lead-in-kbs-new-drama-lingerie-girls-generation/

KBS’s new 1970s throwback coming-of-age drama Lingerie Girls’ Generationis busy lining up its cast, and there’s an offer out to Cosmic Girls’ Bona (The Best Hit) to play the lead role.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/08/cosmic-girls-bona-to-headline-as-bubbly-teen-in-lingerie-girls-generation/

an offer is out to CNBLUE’s Lee Jong-hyun (My Only Love Song, Orange Marmalade) to play the lead male role in the youth nostalgia drama.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/08/lee-jong-hyun-up-for-lead-role-in-lingerie-girls-generation/

Now, my question is articals said that Bona and Jonghhyun are male and female leads of the drama but they have barely any interaction in the two episodes and are been paired up with two different people.

Is this one of those stories where male and female leads hardly have anything to do with each other.or they were said to be male and female leads because possible they were the one to receive the offers first.

and

can someone tell me were can I read the summary of the novel in english.

THIS IS IRKING ME.

Where ever I go to look for story summary of the book, I end up on drama casting news, and then I have to read " Bona and Lee jonghyun are going to play leads in the drama".

but aren't there are six main characters. jung-hee, hye-joo,Dong-Moon,Young-Choon, Son Jin and Ae-Sook.

can some one please tell me dynamics between the characters. any relation-ship charts. 

1 hour ago, alekhyamarella said:

THIS IS IRKING ME.

Where ever I go to look for story summary of the book, I end up on drama casting news, and then I have to read " Bona and Lee jonghyun are going to play leads in the drama".

but aren't there are six main characters. jung-hee, hye-joo,Dong-Moon,Young-Choon, Son Jin and Ae-Sook.

can some one please tell me dynamics between the characters. any relation-ship charts. 

from my understanding after watching ep 1-2. here are some character descriptions:

1) junghee - main girl from daegu, she has a twin brother. she is heads over heels for son jin. her family treats her like crap, saying stuff like if she was born a boy, why does she need to study etc2. i dont know if it was a norm back in 1979 to treat daughters like that but i'm not a fan of junghee's family (and they shout so much in that house <_<)

2) hyejoo - new girl from seoul, a lot of guys like her, a lot of girls want to be her. from ep 2 hyejoo seems to like young choon.

3) dongmoon - likes junghee and is friends with junghee's twin brother. both twin brother and him are studying at the same school with son jin. 

4) Son jin - junghee's crush. a lot of girls like him, he seems to like hyejoo. dont know why but i don't trust son jin, he seems manipulative especialy the way he treated junghee who obviously likes him and he did seem a tad bit pushy when confessing to hyejoo.

5) Young-choon - a hardworking guy who has multiple jobs. he has a young girl under his care. but their relationship have yet to be shared. even Young-choon's origins is a question mark. maybe he was previously a bad guy but turned a new leaf. he's sweet with his little 'sister' and i see him kinda liking hyejoo too.

6) Ae-sook - she's a delinquent and junghee's enemy. her relationship with young choon is interesting, it looks like she knew him during his bad(?) days.

i'm kinda digging the unpredictability of this show because i havent read the source material. 

As a cnblue fan,  I found it unfair not to check this drama since I'm already into minhyuk's hospital ship.... I saw first a video clip of LJH scene... It's not appealing at all....  Not liking the accent thing the way they talk....  But I gave it a try.... Check first episode then 2 ....and then....  I LIKE IT...   Hahahaha not just because of lee jong Hyun  but the plot itself....  

The innocent feels of having one sided crush of each character... Giving me nostalgia.

The twins interaction are so funny... Waiting for JUng Hee to appreciate her loyal suitor...  (forgot his name)  

I know this might not be popular in the forum since the rating is also low... but fighting Girls generation 1979!!!

10 hours ago, notohaterfans said:

Я знаю, что это может быть не популярно на форуме, так как рейтинг тоже низкий ... но борьба с девочками 1979 года !!!

A rating is also low in Korea? Still I want to dorama got lots and lots of love! She deserves it ... Korea likes nostalgic things ...^_^

@katakwasabi @stuartjmz Thanks for replaying.

Actually I know how many people go through second lead syndrome while watching k-drama. So, to protect myself from that I always ship lead pair from the time of their casting announcement and it had helped me many times.

I recently got into k-dramas that's why even while watching replay series I knew who is going to end up with whom so no place for

heart-beak.

I thought that I will experience my first second lead syndrome in Solomon's Perjury , but in even that my ship sailed.

So, when casting news came out for this drama I immediately thought that Bona and Jonghyun will be paired up as all the news portals

said they were caste as leads. 

But after seeing first 2 episodes it seems like that they would have barely anything to do with each other.

And I am also thinking that these two's names was more used than other's during casting rounds because of their idol status while other are actors not idols. 

On 9/14/2017 at 12:45 PM, marizzita2015 said:

PS. The final of the second series is LOL !!!:lol::lol::lol::lol: Leap-flight from the water - a masterpiece!:blink::D

@marizzita2015 I actually laughed  out loud in that scene because it was so unexpected..shooting out of the water like that. So outrageously funny. 

That aside, I'm feeling really uncomfortable with what's happening between JH's aunt and her dad. Seems like her dad likes the aunt but why isn't the aunt pushing him away? She may have given the goodies to JH to eat but why is she lovingly polishing that chamber pot (of all things, what's the significance?) that the man is using? - shudders

This is the longer preview of episode 1 and 2.

at 0:42-0:45 there is a scene where Son Jin and Hye-Joo are probably doing broadcasting event and Young-Choon is looking them from afar. Was this scene in 2nd episode? did I missed it?

Or it will be in upcoming episodes?

On 9/14/2017 at 10:15 AM, marizzita2015 said:

I know that leap-flight from water was best. Jung-Hee's imagination if filled with craziness.

I am excited for next episode now that she knows that Son Jin likes Hye-Joo, What will she do.

And there are 6 episodes left and Mystery part had not started yet. How will it play out.

I can see how the mystery-those murder or assaults will affect Young-Choon (he might be the suspect) and Hye-Joo ( she likes Young-Choon and vice-versa) but I am wondering how it will affect others, especially Jung-Hee. 

Aww. Dong Moon and his one side love for Jung Hee. I luvs this boy. He'll do anything for the object of his affection. Though the last seen was predictable... as soon as Jung Hee fell off the river, I'm ahhh I'm sure Dong Moon will save her. and I'm right. I laugh when he was panicking trying to save her. He was being careful not to  touch her but he had to do CPR thing. "commencing" he said. Heh.  He touch his lips to her lips. Though a real CPR would have to be  person blowing air to the mouth.. but  this drama so it's okay, we understand. we get it. :) 

Meanwhile,  Jung Hee, has her own one sided love for Son Jin. I got annoyed with her for being selfish, and brat and, shouting too much, but that is her character... the whiny high school girl.  If she's  not like that that, it won't be authentic.  The fighting and  whining and getting one up over her twin brother,   that typical in family. I like how we see the reality of life back the 70's period. I hope with the next couple of episodes, we see Jung Hee tone down her whiny self, not be self absorbed,  realize that others care for her deeply like Dong Moon.

Now I can see problem brewing in Jung He's family.  The auntie trying to clean the chamber pot, which  the father, needs to have. I mean  She was about to go his room but good thing Jung Hee saw her so she pretended otherwise and just said she need to give to the master. I think there is something going on between the Auntie and the Father.   Jung Hee was eyeing  them.. and when the Auntie left, She eyed her father with question or pondering look.

And the for Hae Joo,  the "Seoul chick", the talk of the school, the prettiest transfer student, she's smart and top student, nice, she's friendly,  she's kind... but is there something  we need to discover? I didn't get why she transferred from Seoul to Daegu. It also looks like she and Son Jin know each other or had something going on.   Which will Jung Hee even  more jealous, if she isn't already. Hah.

And for Young Choon. He's mysterious, does odd jobs and well, he might just fall for Hae Joo. He lives alone with his younger sister, though the Mother thinks it's his daughter.  They said to be careful of him because they don't know anything of his past.  He's might be part of the gangster.

This drama there is a chain of one sided love:  Jung Hee to  Son Jin , Dong Moon to Jung Hee, Son Jin to Hae Joo, and... Hae Joon to Young Choon.

DJp8mUbVYAEOA-P.jpg

I mention this couple of times already, I'll repeat again, Seo Young Joo who plays Dong Moon is an excellent young actor. Though this drama is only 8 episodes  hopefully this will give viewers a chance to see him act. His angsty gloomy scenes in Solomon's Perjury were short (he was the boy who committed suicide), this drama we see his nerdy side.   Sometime around March, I was hoping that either him, Jang Dong Yoon, Seo Ji Hoon, or Yang Se Jong be in School Series drama. Maybe next year, we'll see his turn. He's 19 so  he's young.

I keep mentioning SYJ because he's the only actor I know from this drama but others are doing a good job.  I've never seen the Reply Series  so I cannot compare about tone or nostalgia of the drama.  I'm enjoying this one though. Yep. My drama choices  never failed me. Glad I'm watching this.

Hi Everyone!

So I decided to check this drama out and I'm really liking it after the first 2 episodes.  I'm enjoying the nostalgic feel and I like the music in the drama too. It's interesting to see the 1970s time period as well. One question I have is: What is the "Auntie"'s relationship to the family? I don't think she is truly JH aunt since she calls JH Mom "madam" and the family members seem to treat her like a servant.  Why do they  call her "Auntie" then, which to me is a term of respect as well as family?  Could she be a poor relation-like a distant cousin? Or no relation at all? And what is going on between her and the Dad? He likes her, but does she like him? I thought she liked Young Choon? 

Lots of one sided love going on between JH-SJ-DM. It looks like YC and HJ like each other though from the smile on YC face at the end of Ep. 2. I think his past life may be an obstacle for them though.  I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts about the drama.

2 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Hi Everyone!

So I decided to check this drama out and I'm really liking it after the first 2 episodes.  I'm enjoying the nostalgic feel and I like the music in the drama too. It's interesting to see the 1970s time period as well. One question I have is: What is the "Auntie"'s relationship to the family? I don't think she is truly JH aunt since she calls JH Mom "madam" and the family members seem to treat her like a servant.  Why do they  call her "Auntie" then, which to me is a term of respect as well as family?  Could she be a poor relation-like a distant cousin? Or no relation at all? And what is going on between her and the Dad? He likes her, but does she like him? I thought she liked Young Choon? 

Lots of one sided love going on between JH-SJ-DM. It looks like YC and HJ like each other though from the smile on YC face at the end of Ep. 2. I think his past life may be an obstacle for them though.  I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts about the drama.

Hello too. Glad you're enjoying the drama :)

The one I high light.  I don't know about the others but it's not clear to me as well.  I think she's the sister of the mother. There's something not right about the set up.  Her face was flushed when Jung Hee caught her creeping to the father's room. she was going to give that newly washed pot. Prior to that, the mother asked why she keeps washing and polishing the pot,  I read drama article(forgot where, sorry, drama will deal with sexual harassment in the shop.  It could the worker number 3, or the Auntie.

13 часов назад, jongski сказал:

Я думаю, что она сестра матери. В настройке есть что-то не так. Ее лицо покраснело, когда Юнг Хи поймал ее, ползущую к комнате отца. она собиралась дать этот недавно вымытый горшок.

I think she's her father's mistress. And if not, maybe she's in love with him ... I think this line will be revealed. There will be drama there ... Especially when the mother finds out everything.

48 minutes ago, marizzita2015 said:

I think she's her father's mistress. And if not, maybe she's in love with him ... I think this line will be revealed. There will be drama there ... Especially when the mother finds out everything.

I don't think she's a mistress. Well, she's living in the same house. I do think there's something going there.

Archived