[Drama 2017] Girls' Generation 1979 / Lingerie Girls' Generation, 란제리 소녀시대

0ly40

5 hours ago, darr said:

Thanks dear,I'm really enjoying them a lot. I have branched to FT island after listening to their latest single. The vocals got me hooked one day and the rest is history. 

I will tell u how far I have gone with him too. He did we got married and I have watched all his clips. In fact, I have re- watched some of his clips. This is his first drama I am watching. Will watch his other works too. His acting here is very intense and I prefer his lines to that of the main lead. As a matter of fact,I watch the drama mainly because of him and he is doing very well.

Thanks again

Thanks to you dear .. sign up soompi just for him and Gong Seung Yeon.. my home thread was House of Brownies .. GongLee shipper .. we still support both of them eventhough what happen to them later on.. try to be a realistic human fans but also still delulu hoping a happiness for both of them.. thanks also for a love to my one and only Korean Band CNBLUE .. 

Thanks for all chingu here for a kind updates on this drama.. its was a full of memories .. the song was spot on .. a cute and bubly song when Dong Moon & Jung Hee together ..its soo good.. only 8 episode for us to be here.. hope can see you guys in a another drama thread .. its end with happily for DM & JH .. yeaaaa :D

Saranghanda chinguya :wub: .. domo domo kamsaheyo 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, honeywell said:

It's too bad the series is only 8 episodes.  They left a lot of stuff open ended.  What happened to HJ's dad?  That was a nice twist where HJ leaves with YC.  It's fitting of the time period.  The word "affair" must be a taboo because I notice that the characters like the mom, HJ and etc never gets to close to saying it.  I knew that would be a fake out the minute Jin asked JH to meet him at the exact time DM did.  Seriously though, 1 hour early??!!  DM is hopeless but is still a sweatheart.  His crying at the movie theater was cute.   There would be just no way JH was going to break his heart again.  JH loves steamed buns because of DM.

The series wasn't perfect and I'm sure they omitted a lot of things from the book and simplified the plot.  The characters and the music made me wish for another Reply series set during the same time period at GG1979.

Don't they say he was arrested again because he was involved in state of affairs?

I like everything about the ending...

JH and DM being cute and cheeky as a couple

YC and HJ moving from Daegu,  it would be really tough for them to live there with all the gossips. Like it that they will start a new life. 

JH's family,  the forgiveness they gave to each other...  I was touch when dad admit his mistakes and apologize,  I got teary eyes,  when JH mom talked to Auntie...  Both of them are kind hearted woman.  I admire JH's mom so much.  Forgiving is hard but she chose it. 

Im glad I decided to watch this drama,  highly recommended one..  Simple,  innocent,  cheeky yet many lessons to share. 

the ending was a good ending to an overall good drama. eventhough the story was not as promoted (not so much mystery, no killings, missing factory workers) it was still great. i liked the whole series. the acting and plot was heartfelt. the music is so nostalgic and nicely placed in scenes. i appreciate a lot of the songs were in english, perhaps 1970s was the time of english music in korea. the songs didnt feel out of place at all :).

i do wish for more episodes. i would like to see the mystery part as promoted. but this drama as it is, is already a nice watch. its a slice of life drama with full of heart. the story is heartwarming, about friends, family, first love, unrequited love, unconditional love, sacrifices and much more. 

Such a wonderful, heart felt warming drama. Did I enjoy it? Yes! Absolutely yes! From the father to teacher to the twins to everybody, that's a wonderful performance out there and the ending is truly captivating.  I don't know what else to say.

OK,  I remember now,. LJH said he is coming back soon. I hope it's a new drama with a lead role. I'm already fangirling:lol:

At the moment, watching the last episode with sub.  My thoughts of the whole 8 episode drama after I'm done.

On 10/4/2017 at 9:23 PM, stuartjmz said:

AWESOME! This is easily one of the best K Dramas I've seen in ages.  It did basically EVERYTHING right, here's a quick list of the highlights for me

1. The length. So many K Dramas are far too long, spoiling their impact with bloated, saggy episodes that drag things on too long. This one was perfect. Less IS more!
  2. The female leads. I already knew that Kim Go Woon (I struggle to remember her stage name, Chae Seo Jin) was a good actor, and VERY pretty - both things that are also true of her eonni, Kim Ok Bin.  But it was a wonderful surprise to see Kim Bona deliver such a creditable performance in her first lead role, and almost her first role period. They both did so well, and I'm happy to have another young idol actress to look out for in future Dramas.
  3. Satoori. In the vast majority of K Dramas, satoori is mocked and derided, painted as something to be made fun of. In this Drama, it was shown as it  really is, nothing more and nothing less than a language variant. A perfectly normal, valid form of the language. An attitude I hope other Dramas will adopt.
  4. The music
  5. THE MUSIC
  6. THE MUSIC!!:heart::heart:

The BGM in this Drama was just AMAZING! It was the music of MY childhood and every song was perfect. So much golden goodness, especially from the incomparable silken voice of Karen Carpenter. 

I look forward to watching this Drama again with my wife, in large part to see her reaction to all the great old songs too! :grin:

@stuartjmz I agree with your post. This is one of those short drama that is cute, lighthearted.  I'm thinking 12 episodes will be good just to tie up some background story for other characters.  I am a fan of 12 episodes ( hence I watch a lot of jdoramas). Hopeffully we see more of these type of well made  dramas.. The MUSIC  besides the story and acting carried the drama.  Beautiful awesome background music for almost every scene. From the first 3 minutes, with the girls singing to ABBA music...  and all throughout the drama with nostalgia music, we knew this will have that awesome OST.

I appreciate the drama for its cute, charm and music and the cast. I really wasn't expecting much but I ended up watching episode 1 all the way to episode 8 ( I'm still watching.. on pause as I'm typing this ). Though the writing isn't that deep, it's okay because it's charming drama set in 70's.

OT: @stuartjmz or to anyone interested in short well made well written drama.

Spoiler

just in case you're interested, If you have free time, I'll recommend "Because It's The Firs Time"  it's also a short drama  one of the  best  under the radar drama  of 2015. Modern drama about college life.  You can check Hancinema review each of the episodes. This was Park So Dam's first drama.  Also try Page Turner. Very well written, well acted drama only 3 episodes KBS Special.

I just finished Ep 8.Awww! Thank You KBS.  GG1979. One of the best and good ones for 2017. Too bad  not many (local)viewers interested in drama like this. If they watch this, they'll say same thing. That it was good, well made made. Nothing heavy, just heartwarming cute, charming life love and living in the 70's era. The culture back then. Relationships was complicated. But it's nothing twisted and heavy that you need to ponder.

Episode8 neatly tied  major characters life.  And the last few scene.

1.Jung Hee getting the other movie ticket from Dong Moon , walking away and him doing that hat hand fist pump was the clincher!  And Son Jin saying Bae Dong Moon, Yo Won! I felt like I won too!  Jung Hee and Dong Moon were sunny side up, funny sweet charming cute adorable youths.  My 3rd fav otp in recent times. (1st is Sang Min x YonTae from Five Children, then Kahoko x Mugino from Kahoko no Kahogo - a dorama I'm watching)

2. And the Mother, despite being nagger, the loudmouth, she knew about the  husband cheating.  She was embarrassed, for the 'maid/ auntie' for herself, for the husband.  But despite being like that. She was good the  to the the one one.  She even  forgave the husband.

3. Hae Joo and Young Choon. I was so happy they end up together because love means never having to say sorry and you're leaving. I like how the last scene had contentment and peace and Top of the Word from Carpenters playing as the bgm was so apt for the scene and basically the who drama.

4.  I don't know  all the actors here except for the one who plays Dong Moon. I hope to see  Seo Young Joo as lead in  good well written drama again.  From Solomon's Perjury,  to GG1979. He picks good dramas. He's one impressive young actor.

And first time I'm watching the rest of them.  Chae Soo Jin. I hope to see her in more dramas. Can see potential for lead role in the future. Bona did good job acting as the young high school lead. She portrayed the character like how a high school girl in the 70s should be with pesky brother, nagger mom, a cheating strict. father.  Lee Jong Hyun did a good job acting here. Sometimes I like, sometimes I don't but for the most part he's good with the character he's portraying. Yeo Hoi Hyeon. I didn't like his character though. But I'm gonna check his drama special.

Overall. Thumbs up to the the director, the writer, cinematography and the original scorer for this drama.  The  Beautiful OST made this drama even wonderful. Hope to see a good short drama again

I'll miss this drama. Short but well made. My choice of drama has never failed me. Glad I watch this.

From the article...

Through his agency AOF Entertainment, Seo Young Joo said, “Short on one hand, long on another, a very happy month went by. I was able to recognize ‘Girls’ Generation 1979′ as a good production by getting to feel and try new things in my acting. I thought to myself, ‘Can a month really go by so fast?’ I want to thank the writers for creating such a good production, director Hong Suk Goo for giving me lots of advice, and to all the staff members.”

He added, “And to my fellow cast members, I’m happy that we could support each other and wrap up filming without anyone getting hurt. ‘Happiness’ is the word that suits ‘Girls’ Generation 1979.’ Every moment was full of gratitude and excitement. While filming, I thought that I’d been lucky as an actor. I will showcase an even better side of myself in future.”

seo-young-joo-540x360.jpg

Cr: Soompi

Dong Moon and Jung Hee.  These two!  So cute. So charming.  So adorable.

Scene below:  When he kissed her cheeks her all of sudden....Hah. Yay Dong Moon! You, go boy!

bgm  ♫ Listen To The Rhythm of the Falling Rain♫  not sure who sang this song.

Young Choon and  Hae Joo.  When he pushed her away but then ran after her,  stop her from leaving, hug her tight and said.. I love you Hae Joo.

bgm music ♫ You're my everything♫  not sure who sang this song. Click the video, maybe you'll know. I guess.

IG credit to owners.

one of the best Kdrama I ever watched since a while so heartwarming not heavey drama and well made .even Korean cliche scenes were made in a charming way .i loved both couples but the secondary couple was special taking in consideration the social status gap between HJ and YC 

Thanks @WookD  Same here. A drama doesn't have to be heavy, dark, complicated to be  well made. It can be short, lighthearted, warmhearted, innocent, fun and have beautiful BGM music, OST. One of my favorite dramas of the year.

"It's not right to give up Just because it's not easy." - Dong Moon

And Seo Young Joo. This young actor will be lead star. A future star. If you've not seen his credentials, you should. He's good.

DLxgVyFUMAE0-H7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interview with Girls Generation star  Seo Young Joo |  RT ccto

I actually did not understand provincial dialect. Didn't register or noticed  difference.  I thought it's just all the same Hangul  wiht his tone and  or intonation. He's got a deep voice.

Can't wait to see this boy 19 yr old  in a new drama as a lead . His role model Jo Seung Woo. My bet for the next best actor of the future ( aleady won  a Tokyo Intl Film Fest award - Juvenile Delinquent)

All RT credit as tagged.

And one more Dong Moon smile. This drama has beautiful OST and good acting.

DMLltAHVoAAn2qH.jpg

Photo Credit to owner

Seo Young Joo. He is like Jang Hyuk, or JJS, whatever character you give him,  we'll always get terrific acting. Angsty troubled boy in  Solomon's Perjury. Nerdy puppy in Girls Generation 1979. Fingers crossed new drama for 2018.

No doubt about  it.This drama is one of my favs for 2017. Only 8 episodes but worth it.

Western BGM for this drama. There are several like 3 more not listed here. I don't know those. I also like Honeyst main OST for for this.

ABBA ♫Gimme. Gimme♫

????♫You Are My Destiny♫

Irish song ♫ Danny Boy ♫

Carpenters ♫Top of the Word♫

John Lennon ♫Oh my love♫

Bee Gees ♫How deep Is Your Love♫

Kansas ♫ Dust In The Wind♫

Carpenters ♫Sing♫

Simon  Garfunkel ♫Sound of Silence♫

Carl Douglas ♫Kung fu fighting ♫

Righteous Brother's ♫ Unchained Melody♫

????? ♫ Papa ♫ 

Turtle? ♫ Happy Together♫

Anne Murray? ♫ Snowbird♫

Bread? ♫ If♫

TheTemptations ♫My Girl ♫

Demi Roussou ♫Rain and Tears♫

Paul Anka's ♫ I don't Like To Sleep Alone ♫

Morris Albert ♫ Feelings♫

John Lennon's ♫ Love ♫

Anne Murray  ♫ Just Fall In Love again♫

?????♫ Rhythm of the Rain♫

Esmeralda? ♫ You're my Everything ♫

Chae Soo Jin and Lee Jong Hyun in this drama. My fav scene with that bgm "Feelings."

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived