[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

@stroppyse I am so grateful for all the translations. Thank you so much

First I worried how Won jin ah prove that she capable to shine equally beside Junho. 
and then ep.9. MS is power. Won jin ah is amazing. she DID it!

then I have a bit fear of ep.10. 
and for Junho might overshadowed by her.

After watch ep.10 raw. Oh wow. It's didn't appoint. 

GD! GD! 
the way he say grandma stay with him and go check at hospital. and grandma really do that for him. 
I love the lines when he said to grandma that he thought if he back to see grandma then he will see MS too. this is true heart(hope) speaking
Junho in this scenes!

I love ep.9 ep.10  It's so sad yet beautiful.
It's like you are sad, dark but then there are the way out and hope.

I can wait ep.11. I can wait.
I want to have this week to enjoy ep.9 ep.10 more more more.
(also repeat repeat repeat preview of back hug and kiss scene -- it's look like there are some meaning(?)

I believe and trust this show. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, martanur said:

So... what about the nosebleeding??? oh noooo... 

I cannot unseen the nosebleeding as simple as the result of overworked. It seemed too 'severe' to me. The fact that he was not surprise at all, simply wiped the blood like it was a normal thing to do, and the blood continuously flowing out from his nose....

I remember vividly the translation when he speaks to the bedridden halmoni, that he hope halmoni can recognise him when they meet again (I hope I remember wrongly). Frankly speaking, I don't like it. I'm afraid of what will be offered to us as the wrap up of this drama. Even the lovely interaction between GD and MS in the preview cannot calm my heart.

I've not watch the full episodes yet but I'm desperate to watch next week episode so I can know what really happens to him. It will be a long week...

9 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

my only hope is (atelast without subs) .. since she is not shown dead..but still with those food pipes.. did she survive? can she survive?

I understand your feeling so well - we don´t want her to die. But I don´t want her to become a living shell for long too. And we heared the peeeeep sound in the background. Even they like to trick us with previews - I can´t see that coming. Granny will die - and the way I see it - that will become a very importend part for the story. If we are all right the land and maybe the money too will go to GD she "need" to die for that outcome. And I wonder what she will left for MS - she promised her to pay her debt. And we know Granny is serious with that matter. Until her last day - she did not take the peaches and said thank you - but she gave - or ordered GD to gave MS something in return.

I really wonder what Granny prepared - why was she missing a whole day. Since when is the land in the hand of I guess GD? Am I right and she paid hid debt the day she was missing. I would love that. And it would change GDs Situation a lot - because i understand how hard it must be to get in a new relationship with the fear that the women he loves can get in trouble because of the moneylenders like it happen with his Sister before. GD would still be the Guy without education (as he sees himself) and all that - but not with a huge debt and maybe even with money on his side (the land.

We will need a lot of tissues next week - but I see the light too. Granny will somehow take her care for them - even after she died. And I will try to see it like finaly she can go and meet the man she missed so much. Her love was so deep. I hope they will tell a bit or her story - maybe she will reveal it in her letter.

Great - now I even more wish to see the next Episode. Why do I kinda feel good about it - even it will break our hearts.... I so hope MS will be near when GD collapse - i wish to see her holding him.

8 minutes ago, xcalibur07 said:

I cannot unseen the nosebleeding as simple as the result of overworked. It seemed too 'severe' to me. The fact that he was not surprise at all, simply wiped the blood like it was a normal thing to do, and the blood continuously flowing out from his nose....

I remember vividly the translation when he speaks to the bedridden halmoni, that he hope halmoni can recognise him when they meet again (I hope I remember wrongly). Frankly speaking, I don't like it. I'm afraid of what will be offered to us as the wrap up of this drama. Even the lovely interaction between GD and MS in the preview cannot calm my heart.

I've not watch the full episodes yet but I'm desperate to watch next week episode so I can know what really happens to him. It will be a long week...

Try to calm down your heart. I don´t see it like that too - but i will not repeat myself again. But - okay - i will repeat myself again with the next point too - sorry...

I really don´t believe Gang Doo would ever dare to start something with Moon Soo (as we see in the Preview - thanks a lot for this ray of light) when he must think he can be seriously ill. And I really don´t believe the Writer will put more pain onto Gang Doo. There is still enough to handle... Moon Soo did not fully remember - it will still hit her later. She will find out about GD and Sung Jae. It will be torture for GD too - as he said - a wound can only heal when there is first even more pain.

There is so much - and a lot of - what happen in the past from all sides too. But I will not be afraid because of the nosebleed. Is shows us in what state GD is - sure. But I will not believe in a illness. (and I will flip the tables if...)

58 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Try to calm down your heart. I don´t see it like that too - but i will not repeat myself again. But - okay - i will repeat myself again with the next point too - sorry...

I really don´t believe Gang Doo would ever dare to start something with Moon Soo (as we see in the Preview - thanks a lot for this ray of light) when he must think he can be seriously ill. And I really don´t believe the Writer will put more pain onto Gang Doo. There is still enough to handle... Moon Soo did not fully remember - it will still hit her later. She will find out about GD and Sung Jae. It will be torture for GD too - as he said - a wound can only heal when there is first even more pain.

There is so much - and a lot of - what happen in the past from all sides too. But I will not be afraid because of the nosebleed. Is shows us in what state GD is - sure. But I will not believe in a illness. (and I will flip the tables if...)

In addiction, in the interview posted above, Jun Ho says

"'Just Between Lovers' is a story about people who fall in love without any reasons, just like the title. It's a romance drama, without lots of up and downs, although there are some hearthbreaking moments. It's a love story about wounded hearts. "

So I don't really think that Gang Doo is seriously ill too :):)

Every time I hear KangDoo call Granny "HalMeom" I chuckle because, if you translate the nuance over, he's basically calling her "old woman". 

"HalMeom" is what people used to call their old, women servants back in the olden days. It's also what old husbands call their wives. It's used by her peers in the community too when talking to her... but definitely, it's not commonly used by a young kid like KangDoo when speaking to her. Compared to "Halmeoni" which can be familiar and respectful unlike "JoMo" which also refers to Grandmother but used formally and indicates distance, when KangDoo uses "Halmeom", it emphasizes what a punk he is and how close their bond is, and her immense affection for him, when Granny lets it slide all the time.

She also always calls him "jerk", "bastard" and "brat" all the time when she doesn't use his name too. Hahahahaha!

Both of them are so rough around the edges but so squishy inside.:wub:

What did grandma write on a paper? Did she give her land to GD?  

2 hours ago, xcalibur07 said:

Yeess..that's why I post a comment about it. First, when I watched the preview, I think it's because overworked but then it dripped and couldn't stop so I concluded...GD is sick and he knows about it.  

@bebebisous33 I met you somewhere and here we meet again. Nice :)  

2 hours ago, xcalibur07 said:

Just a thought: could not he bleed because of the pills he took? 

If I remember correctly, the grandmother told him at the beginning of the drama to take them sparingly because they could have damaged the liver. What if one of the contraindications was blood on the nose? And that's why he is not surprised? Because this has already happened to him?

1 hour ago, glassnokamen said:

Just a thought: could not he bleed because of the pills he took? 

If I remember correctly, the grandmother told him at the beginning of the drama to take them sparingly because they could have damaged the liver. What if one of the contraindications was blood on the nose? And that's why he is not surprised? Because this has already happened to him?

Okay - one last time - painkiller can make the blood get thinner... like that nosebleed can be a sideeffelt of an medical overdose. I had that kind of nosebleed when they found out about my blood was too thin back than - and it was already dangerous. I only found out because of nosebleeding back than - i normaly don´t have it.

I know - as I told before - that for example a dentist need to aks if someone took painkiller because the risk of heavy bleeding is high than. So for me - I still go with my theory.

If it already happen is something I want to know too - as I pointed out before - he did not looked that surprised. But on the other hand - he really has other stuff to care about right now. So maybe he is again just ignoring himself in trouble.

14 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Okay - one last time - painkiller can make the blood get thinner... like that nosebleed can be a sideeffelt of an medical overdose. I had that kind of nosebleed when they found out about my blood was too thin back than - and it was already dangerous. I only found out because of nosebleeding back than - i normaly don´t have it.

Exactly what I mean... perhaps I did not express it well, but that was what I meant... that could simply be a reaction to the medicine he had just taken... sorry for my bad english :( 

14 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

So for me - I still go with my theory.

And I'm with you :) 

I havent managed to back-read, so not sure if you guys have discussed this before: 

Regarding the preview, I think it talks about both ep 11 and 12.

Ep 11 is about grandma dying, while Ep 12 is about after grandma's death. Time jump? or perhaps several months after grandma's death since GD and MS seem to be fine. 

Seeing that GD bought SM's fancy clothes.. he is the heir of grandma's wealth? which means.. he also owns the land that YT needs to build the mall. If it's true.. then things are getting interesting <_<

And what's more interesting is.. if it's true that he has become wealthy, the fact that GD still stays at that motel, means that he's not letting wealth get into his head, stay grounded, and be more appreciative to the people who loves the real him. 

Of course, this is just giaaant assumption. 

10 minutes ago, glassnokamen said:

Exactly what I mean... perhaps I did not express it well, but that was what I meant... that could simply be a reaction to the medicine he had just taken... sorry for my bad english :( 

And I'm with you :) 

Sorry sorry sorry - if i sound a bit harsh - i never ment to. So sorry - your english is great! Please just go on and write a lot - I was just a bit in a hurry. So so sorry...

12 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

I havent managed to back-read, so not sure if you guys have discussed this before: 

Regarding the preview, I think it talks about both ep 11 and 12.

Ep 11 is about grandma dying, while Ep 12 is about after grandma's death. Time jump? or perhaps several months after grandma's death since GD and MS seem to be fine. 

Seeing that GD bought SM's fancy clothes.. he is the heir of grandma's wealth? which means.. he also owns the land that YT needs to build the mall. If it's true.. then things are getting interesting <_<

And what's more interesting is.. if it's true that he has become wealthy, the fact that GD still stays at that motel, means that he's not letting wealth get into his head, stay grounded, and be more appreciative to the people who loves the real him. 

Of course, this is just giaaant assumption. 

Rich or not rich - my gues is that he at least has no debts left to pay and how many money - we will find out. The land will not bring him money at once - but it will bring him in a interesting positon.

I still like the idea a lot - ahh YT face when he finds out who is the new landowner. I can just smile thinking about that. And I wonder what Grandma ment when she said she will for sure pay MS back... there will wait something too. This woman is smart and she had prepared something .

1 minute ago, babycrayon said:

If grandma was going to leave money to KD then why didn't she give it to him before, letting him live such a hard and miserable life? Because she knew he wouldn't accept that money may be? He wouldn't let her pay his debts probably...

I think - because she wanted him to live.

We don´t know since when Granny liked GD that much and decided to give the money to him. And when GD came and asked for the Money he said he promise to not die until he paid of all his debts. So - Granny found out about him after that meating and about his cirtumstances. He keeps his promises and there are two reasons for him to go on - his sister and somehow the debt he has to pay - so she let him pay and we know that her thinking is like that too - you have to pay. Even the peaches from MS Granny did not take for free. So it was a lesson for GD to. He needed to do what he could - but I believe now she will change his situation because he found hope and as Granny hopes a better reason to live - to live a better life - with someone.

And yes - it is about pride too as I see it - what else is left for him.

Archived